Senior Mal's Weekly Aeonverse Question

Senior Mal

ok so here we go again... erm... a question, a question my kingdom for a question...  :Blush

ok I've got one.

We're back to Aberrant.

Calvert Wycoff, he who go bang, destroyer of greenbelt, Paul Newmans least favourite person.

Was it suicide or did his warped little Aberrant mind have something more devious on the agenda.

thoughts please

I really don't think the guy was in control at the time & his handlers let him loose. His powers raged out of control, overwhelmed him & sent that Tergen cell into the atmosphere. The quantam fires must have burned like a small nuke, going off & the quantam fallout's effects are still being felt to this day in the Trinity universe. I once played a Resident evil style Trinity game based in the days after this boy's explosion. It wasn't pretty, anyone remember the move Threads from the 80s? :Alient

The man was deranged, yes, but I do not believe that he had TOO much malicious intent - he did think he was the son of god after all.  He just did not have full control of his powers and when he decided to commit himself to martyrdom (read:suicide) the unintended consequences were really felt.

Deranged yes, evil no.   :Yin Yang

Usually people, particularly those with a religious agenda, tend not to blow themselves (and others) up without what they believe is a "good" reason. At least, that's how it seems to work IRL... I don't think I need to point out any examples. I think he committed suicide for some bizarre armageddon-ish cause, and he knew ahead of time that something nasty would left behind by his self-sacrifice.

Personaly I think he's still alive and more of bonded with earth kind of thing as was mentioned in one of the books (America offline I think) and yes I belive it was intenional, I just don't remember when he did it.  If it was close to the exodose then it might have been on purpose to provide other Abbies a safe spot to hide :dreamsmiley

i'm more inclined to believe the taint accident theory... i can't think of a single terat that would deliberatly kill themselves, even if they were so taint ridden as to be insane... they're to self (centered/righteous) for that... now, if he didn't kill himself, just created and explosion around him, that's a totally different story...

-harle

He was being attacked by the FBI or somesuch government org.  Can we say "The Directive"?  (Which might have merged/absorbed back into the other agencies by then).  Then his powers when out of control and he went boom.  Can we say "Eclipsol"?

This was probably an example of why it is a really bad idea to use Eclipsol on a Q6+ nova.

The organization that lead the raid was the FBI (there is an email giving the go-ahead).

There are two theories that I see as possibilities (I use the 1st one):

+He's dead, plain and simple.  Commited suicide and punished the infedels with Immoliate with Mastery.

+He's in Chrysalis. We know he has been around Terats since... birth.  He said he would "return in 100 years."  People talking about him still being "alive out there." Etc.

-Breearg

He was a psycho-evil Aberrant and should be put down like all the rest.

He was a psycho-evil Aberrant and should be put down like all the rest.

Jealous are we Breearg?  :sly

I apologise for not posting the DEFINITIVE answer, I realise that it provides great comfort to you monkeys and brightens your dull lives immeasurably, however I have been busy with other matters (:devil ). So heres the answer and for once you monkeys have just about got it right. Wycoffs plan was to enter chrysalis to remove his excessively high level taint (hence his little note of "I shall return in a hundred years", it probably wouldn't have taken that long but you know what religious guys are like with their constant rounding up) however the unexpected raid by federal authorities made him panic, something went wrong with the process and BOOM! Calvert did survive in some limited Chrysalised form spread throughout the farming belt, whether he can eventually reform himself or even wake from his slumber is unknown.

Man, I'm tired of being right

Archived