World of Darkness: Attrition - Werewolf Decision Time

Owns-The-Night

Okay, I thought I'd start this thread to headshot the next 30 or so posts in Better Late... so we can close it with "And they all decided X, Y, and Z, then went forth to kick some ass."

The werewolf pack needs to, as a group, settle 3 issues. This is not a debate thread. We've had the discussions IC, so now it's time to decide OOC where we stand. This is a simple majority vote matter. Those who don't like the way the vote goes can quit, it's that simple. If there's not enough WW's left to make a pack, then there's no pack and those players can negotiate with Jess for a re-roll or whatever.

Below are the issues. In your answers, state your preference. You can state why if you like or if you feel your choice is valid for a particular reason, but really it isn't necessary. As I said, this isn't a debating thread.

Issues to be decided:

Pack Leader

Totem Spirit

Territory

Voting will remain open for 1 week from today, Feb 16th, closing on 23rd.

Have at.

My choices:

Leader - Owns The Night

Totem - Weave

Territory - UCLA out to Amber's locus & Weave's current locus. Using the mobility and communication Ariel mentioned in Better Late, we should be able to at least attempt holding the first two areas, and can keep an eye on the third.

Pack Leader: OTN, simply because Ariel hasn't been around for the last 6-9 months and even then Moss only met her the once when Sarah got shot at New Year.

Totem Spirit: Weave I guess, he has spent sometime in Ariel's absence and Amber being busy with her boss keeping the rats down for him.

Territory: As per Dec, hope we can hold it wink

Was Pack Leader really up for votes? My impression was that Ariel was pretty much taking that, and Ownz was letting her.

Totem Spirit: I think we could do better than Weave...but I have a soft spot for the guy, and a bird in the hand yadda yadda. So that's fine.

Territory: That's pretty much what we settled on in the fic, so it works here too.

Just for the record, it was never my intention that Ariel was gone for 6 to 9 months. Narratively speaking, there are things about that that don't really work for me. Just saying.

Max, I know it wasn't deliberate, but that's just the way things turned out. To Moss he met you once or twice early on in the year then hadn't heard anything from/about you for a chunk of time before you suddenly turn up putting yourself forward to be the leader of their pack.

IC Moss has had permission to use Amber's locus for patrolling on the other side and I kind of assumed that he would bump into Amber and OTN from time to time on those occassions as well as the few posted threads during the year.

OOC I know how difficult it can be to come up with stuff for OW, and I need to do more to come up with ideas for what Moss is doing with his time. Scratch that, I've had ideas of what in general he does with his time, now I need to turn some of that into solo fics and/or plot that could involve others.

I seeeeee...

Well, lets talk to that elephant, cuz it'll only get bigger.

Here's the deal; I'm not as prolific as you and Dawn. Presence of computer-crack aside, that's just how it is. I will, in general, keep up with posts. It will, at times, not be as fast as you might always like. I'll try to keep a reasonable balance between this and the other things I enjoy, and not hold you guys up. That's the best I can promise though.

If that's not good enough, I probably shouldn't be playing at all though.

Edit - And as for Moss, first off, you're welcome to have him vote his conscience. smile IC however, Ariel wasn't putting that particular issue to vote. If y'all choose another alpha over her, then it's out of her hands, and she'll deal. It would be something of a twist to the thread though, and might require a new one. As far as meeting, I've been under the assumption that the werewolves haven't been complete strangers between fics, and that they've kept more or less in touch even if their various contacts haven't merited stories.

But then again, I was under the assumption Ariel was only gone for 2 or 3 weeks, and we all know how THAT turned out. So whatever.

If it wasn't put to a vote, and I agree I don't remember any hint of that in Better Late, then Moss wouldn't make any objections.

As for the not seeing much/any of Ariel I guess that was my interpretation of how you had prtrayed her as very reluctant at being a WW to the point of practically trying to ignore it. Because of that and the little IC interaction I had no reason to assume that there would be much off-screen interaction between Moss and Ariel, or indeed Ariel and anyone else. How long she was actually away from the city was less relevant than how long I had assumed between the two of them meeting/interacting.

My bad, I shouldn't have assumed that I guess. wink

Anyway, we have Ariel as the pack leader, Weave to be asked to be totem and the territory agreed... Lets get things moving! smile

Well, not entirely your bad. There's a significant amount of my bad too, for not making it clear that while Ariel was a 'reluctant werewolf,' she was still in contact with her friends and working with them in keeping an eye on the loci and so on.

But yar, if everyone's satisfied with the answers as given, then lets move ahead.

Archived