Aberrant: Mutant High - [ST-Dave] Trouble In Times Square

Dave ST

Kipping up to his feet Warren snapped up and hit the ground running. Then Sumnyr slammed into the earth and swallowed up everything in a wave of concussive hell. The blast picked him up but he whirled his own body around like a cat desperately trying to land on his feet.

He rode the wave of force, leaping from an airborne vehicle and running across the hood of a tossed about squad car before finishing off his floor show with a triple moonsault back to the ground below. The blast kept him dizzy but the idea of being smashed into pulp by these guys was keeping him going. Swiftly his foot falls took him to the gigantic mutant called Ox, who was still struggling to get his feet after the blast.

"Ox," Warren asked, concerned about the mutant as he gently touched his hand to the man's shoulder. "Dude, woah... you alright man? That had to hurt."

"Yeah... I'll be aight..." He replied, still a bit too groggy to realize he was speaking to the enemy.

Revenant's flesh darkened and his veins swelled up like a steroid junkie blackening with dark power. His muscles popped and his ligaments snapped and reknit in a grizzly display to his body addapting to accept more muscle mass and support his now gigantic frame.

"Well damn," Dark Ox replied in a creepy otherworldly voice. Ox himself looked up slowly and saw his dark reflection gazing back at him with a pearly white smile. "We're gon' have to fix that..."

A thunderous collision of Dark Ox's fist into the back of Ox's head sent the mutants face swiftly into the cement causing a crater to match the size of the impact.

Click to reveal..

Two Actions.

Mega-Dice (Popped 10s)

Activating Accuracy for +3 Dice

Action #1: Activating Imprint

Action #2, Attack on Ox: (Revenant) rolls 10d10 and gets 8,8,8,9,5,1,10(3),1,2,8. 8 Sux

Total Damage Pool = 10 Dice (not factoring enemys' soak)

The battlefield was being rained upon by the uprooted fire hydrants and now all the combatants were slowly being drenched. Nereid hardly seemed to mind the chilly water one bit.

"Hurt me?" Nereid finally spoke. Her voice was beautiful and every word that passed her lips seemed angelic. Morri had never heard anything quite so lovely in her short lifetime, and began to doubt she ever would. "Is that what you think you're doing? All you've done up til now is tell me everything I need to know about you."

She stood up straight and let her guard down. "There is a time and a place for such things. Whomever you are Wild Thing, I'll see to it we meet again. I've so much more to learn from you."

"Sumnyr!" Even her shouts carried a harmonic beauty that captivated all who heard it. "I'm done here. I've nothing left to learn from this one."

Without another word her body faded and grew transparent. No, Morrigan quickly realized, not transparent... water!. She became water! Dissolving into the ground she she simply flowed away, entering a storm drain not far from where the two women were battling.

Click to reveal..
Nereid has quit the field.

Only Ox and Sumnyr remain.

Frank had no idea what happened. He was looking to see who was around and what was going on behind the police line from beneath the news van when everything flashed green and the street suddenly threw him and the van up a bit. Frank came down instantly on his hands and knees. The van came down on Frank, flattening him out and pounding him a few times as it bounced on its shocks. Auto parts he could not name dug their hard angles into his back and head, and asphalt welcomed his returning front and face. Grimacing through the pain, he registered the sounds of screams and falling window glass around him. He had come to try to help injured people, and now he was one of them.

Frank maintained the wherewithal to return his body to normal so he would not be targeted as a mutant. Then he crawled from under the van to get a better view of the wreckage and figure out what to do. The first priority is to run farther away from the fight. A quick glance around showed that there is likely nothing Frank can do for the other people caught in the blast. The street of broken bodies strobed by red and blue police lights presented a horrifying and demoralizing Hellscape to the teenage boy.

Aradia picked herself up off the ground and shook off the pain. Her eyes flicked to the source of the green energy, narrowing furiously. Aradia had been in lots of practice fights using her powers, but never any real ones before. This was her chance to prove herself, and put all that training to the test. So she disappeared, with every intention of reappearing right in front of the arrogant bastard and punching him in his pretty face.

...that wasn't, however, exactly how it worked.

Click to reveal..
Rolling for Teleport: 5d10 → [2,3,4,1,2] = Botch. Oh boy. Have fun. laugh

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2476646/

Kazuo did a pretty comical double-take when Aradia suddenly appeared next to him from out of nowhere, but he really didn't have time to do more than that as Sumnyr's blast hit them all like a glowing green tsunami made out of concrete immediately afterwards.

He managed to bring up the battered car that he and Ox had been swinging around since shortly after this fight started to use as a shield, and while it didn't keep him from feeling like he really had been hit by a concrete tsunami, it did allow Kazuo keep his feet, which was more than he could say for most everyone else.

"Screw this shit", he muttered, resettling his grip on the twisted remains of his giant weapon, and gathering his wits and reserves of strength and grit.

This mess needed to end and it needed to happen sooner rather than later. Kazuo dug the balls of his feet into the torn up pavement beneath him and launched himself at Sumnyr, accelerating to freeway speeds almost instantly, with the remains of his sedan-cum-oversized-club leaving a stream of loose parts behind him as he lined it up with the glowing green asshole's face.

Click to reveal..
Kazuo will heal another HL of Bashing damage. After the damage he took from Sumnyr's power-max, this leaves him with 8HLs of Bashing left to heal.

Resistance Roll (doesn't count as an action - last die a mega): (23:46:42) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 9d10 and gets 10,6,1,7,3,10,2,10,6. 4sux.

Poppin' 10's (for Resilient quality): (23:49:13) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 3d10 and gets 10,3,4. 1sux.

Poppin' the popped 10: (23:49:17) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 1d10 and gets 4. 0sux.

Resistance Roll Total: 5sux. Damage penalties to Dice Pools reduced to zero.

Multitasking Roll (last die a mega): (23:50:51) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 6d10 and gets 7,1,5,8,4,5. 2sux.

1st Action: Aerial Strike (technically - he's running across the ground, but his power is actually Flight, not H-move). Last die a mega: (23:54:33) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,10,2,3,9,6,4,7. 4sux.

Poppin' 10's (for Steady Hand): (23:55:47) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 1d10 and gets 2. 0sux.

Total 4sux. 3 net, after +1 Diff modifier.

Damage Roll: He's maxing the damage (i.e. using the auto at its full damage pool, which destroys it in the process). (00:02:43) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 19d10 and gets 10,5,8,4,8,7,2,9,8,1,2,2,1,9,10,​4,10,5,6. 9sux total (almost forgot the extra damage dice from his maneuver), reduce as necessary for any Dodge successes/Soak on Sumnyr's part.

2nd Action: Defense roll (last die a mega). (23:58:33) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 8d10 and gets 7,5,9,7,4,2,7,1. 4sux total.

Willpower Roll: (23:59:21) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 10d10 and gets 4,6,6,8,3,10,4,5,7,10. 4sux total. Dave, this is just in case Aradia's botch places her in danger from Kazuo's attack, in which case I'd like to Abort his attack so as not to incapacitate or kill a teammate ( wink ), if possible. Otherwise, if it's unnecessary or not allowed, just disregard this dice roll.

• 2 weeks later...

[Cirque's Action Resolution]

The young performer leaped with a determined stride ready to blast Sumnyr in the face with a fist full of 'yer a dick, now go to sleep'.

She blinked out and just a split second later felt his fist slam into her stomach upon her reappearance. With a simple, but swift, calculation her target anticipated her actions and was ready. Cirque felt the breath leave her lungs as her eyes expanded in shock. She collapsed to the ground in pain, clutching her stomach.

[Kazuo's Action Resolution]

The green eyed metro man looked down to Cirque and his lips twisted into a malicious grin. "My, my, a teleporter? Well, aren't you a rare breed... I didn't know you freaks had advanced that far."

"Are these fools friends-" H looked about to Revenant, who was brawling with Ox (and winning), to Morrigan who was slowly closing in on Sumnyr's position now that he'd hit Cirque. "Oh, shit..."

He never saw Kazuo, only the rapidly moving vehicle. The arc swept (barely) over Cirque's head and connected with bone shattering force. Reflexively he winched and raised his arms in defense (like that ever helps) but found himself soaring through the air stunned and barely aware until the wall near where Revenant was pummeling Ox, was kind enough to stop him.

Face first he fell, peeling from the wall slowly as gravity demanded its due. There was little left of the vehicle and with a relaxed grip Kazuo released it, letting it fall to the ground with an incredibly loud 'boom'.

Nereid had fled, Ox was barely awake and Sumnyr was past out on Death's doorstep. It looked like they'd have a moment to catch their breath (or maybe get the hell out of Dodge).

• 2 weeks later...

Morri stood straight, making no attempt to chase Nereid down. In her strange world, the feral had just won. She didn't understand such things as 'strategic withdrawls' or even leaving because a goal was achieved. To her, she'd been able to stop Nereid.

Turning, she trotted over to Ox and Revenant, looking pleased. "You lose," she announced cheerfully to Ox. "You go now. Stop hurting people. Remember hurting people bad. No hurt anymore." Throughout her lecture, she merely looked proud and bemused. She clearly had no idea what the next step was, or even an awareness that there was more to this "hero thing".

Aradia climbed back to her feet with a low groan, and tried to hurry over to the others as much as she could while still struggling for the breath that had been knocked out of her.

"Hey, no time for monologuing, huh? People are gonna be blaming us for this shit, with our luck.. I can't take us all back, so we gotta find a way outta here, fast."

Even as she spoke, Aradia glanced around, looking for a good escape route before the mob started to regain some courage.

Click to reveal..
Per + Aware roll for an exit opportunity:

4d10 → [3,1,3,1] = Botch. Boy, aren't I rolling winners this fiction?

"Yeah, no shit", Kazuo agreed as he dragged his incredibly stiff, sore and banged-up body over to where the others stood. He looked around at the torn up asphalt, the numerous destroyed vehicles (including the one he'd helped to decimate), the uncounted wounded (and possibly some dead) bystanders, and finally at the two mostly-unconscious 'evil mutants' they'd just stomped on.

"Well, that sucked!", he said.

"If I can get a minute to get my wind back", Kazuo continued (while privately thinking, and regrow a few vital organs), "I can carry one uvya outta here, though gettin' off the island's gonna be a pain."

He glanced at Ox and Sumnyr again and asked, "What about these two? We leavin' 'em for the cops?"

Frank gritted his teeth and started running farther away from the fight he thought was still going on. The damage from the blast was so far-reaching. Paramedics and firefighters from beyond the blast radius were still far from the center, and had their work cut out for them. This was a real clusterfuck. Frank turned on 42nd to head towards Bryant Park and put some buildings between him and the devastating mutants. It was beyond his ability to do anything helpful. He would try to get to safety and eventually make his way back to the academy.

Click to reveal..
Resistance to ignore damage penalties

(10:16:59) ChatBot: (Ouchfest) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,10,3,2,9.

3 successes.

"Kazoo has the right idea." Warren said stomping over, his form shirking and cracking in a grotesque display of sounds as his body shifted back to it's normal size and appearance. Inside he was wrestling with some guilt, he didn't plan on this happening. People were hurt or dying and inside he felt responsible.

"Cirque, I've no idea what the hell you're doing, but we'll discuss it later. For now, high tail it, would 'ja?. Kazoo, grab Morri and get gone. I know the Manhattan streets, eluding the police won't be an issue for me, so I'll bolt on foot. Scatter, and don't stop moving."

He paused briefly before looking like he was going to start running. "Uh, where's Frank?"

• 1 month later...

Ari hesitated for a second, then shrugged slightly.

"Alright.. you guys think you got it.. then I'll see you back home. Hopefully."

With that, she disappeared with a small noise, leaving them to find a way back on their own. Hopefully they'd make it back okay, but she didn't really have a way to help them. And she was pretty sure they were all in for it when they got back, one way or another.

Archived