Um...I don't know if anyone comes here anymore, but...hi? I just nova'd and I'm kind of new to all this. Getting out of the clinic tomorrow. So I figured I'd formally introduce myself to the nova world this way. At least there's no reporters, right?

I'm going to feel stupid if I'm talking to myself here.

Welcome to the boards and club Nova. And remember, it's "There's no reporters, yet."

Activity has dropped off alot around here lately, I know I've been busy with my latest movie.

I'm sure things will pick up again.

Oh, I still remembered Exile, just other things to do most of the time.

Welcome to a new life Correspondance. I only erupted about 9 months ago myself, although I was lucky enough to stay out of Utopia's hands.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Welcome to a new life Correspondance. I only erupted about 9 months ago myself, although I was lucky enough to stay out of Utopia's hands.

For a give value of 'luck', I suppose that could be true. But why the antipathy? The Project helped me get my head screwed back on straight after my eruption.

Anyway, thank you (all) for the welcome.

Greetings Correspondence. I for one agree that Project Utopia gets a bad wrap. They do a lot of good in the world. I've worked with them on medical projects and disaster relief, in the field and the labs, were ever real work needs to be done.

Oh yeah, I have a few friends in the Teragen. I'm no apologist.

I don't doubt they do Neil/Correspondance, but even before I erupted I was rather dubious about some of there activities after what came out at Bahrain. So since my eruption wasn't big event I decided I'd rather not go into one of there facilities. Just a personal thing - everyone gets to make there own opinions/choices wink

How you doing?

Can't say I've ever needed them. I was born a nova, I die one. There ain't a single thing the Project has that they could teach me anyway, hell, they don't even know ho I work and its members wish they were this good.

Just a point of advice, walk your own path Corre. No contracts, no obligations. They might look all glossy on the outside, but everyone out there is out to screw you. They don't care about you, only what your image and abilities can do to make them look good.

I didn't have a choice in how I was raised and that my parents were Teragen, but Utopia seems to have taken it against me. More than that they have taken it out on my people. I don't have direct proof that Utopia supported the brutal regime of Jarutu, but there is plenty of circumstantial evidence. They have certainly opposed me at every step in the U.N.

Sure they've done some good in the world. Absolutely, but they do it at the cost of freedom. They have used back channel politics to prevent Sierra Leone from getting back on it's feet simply because I am a Teragen member by birth and they don't want to see someone from the other side succeed and be a positive example. I don't share or agree with the extremist methods of some of the movements members and have said so publicly but because I'm Teragen they make my people suffer. Stay tuned to the media and you'll see my proof when I expose what they've done here to the world. It should be coming soon.

Sorry, I'll get down off my soapbox now. I'm just really steamed at them right now for what they've been doing to innocent people whose only crime is to support me.

/beams a friendly smile to Correspondence.

Welcome to the boards. I'm afraid I too have been busy lately. Politics and rebuilding have been keeping me away, but I'm still around.

• 1 month later...

Hello there, I'm new to the boards myself, but I saw your post and thought I'd drop in and say hi.

As to Utopia.. well, they have a lot of a good intentions, but you know the saying about good intentions, I'm sure. I believe that thier power, and most likely some agenda within, has corrupted those intentions.

And they are slightly better then the Directive at that, a organization who exists mainly to maintain govermental control, apposing true individual freedom, often using fear and deceit.

Thanks for the welcome, both of you.

I have to confess though, I don't care for some aspects of Teragen either, they often seem embrace freedom at the expense of responsiblity and respect. Still, at least Teragen is honest and up front about thier real goals.

As to the spotlight, Bastian, I'm not doing this for that, though I suppose some would see it as one of the perks, I don't.

Those factions of the Teragen who show wanton disregard for personal responsibility are a constant problem. That is why I have been and continue to be of Procyon's Third Wave faction: we do need to hold to some degree of personal responsibility, and do need to at least try to find a productive and cooperative relationship with baseline humanity.

Unfortunately, this becomes more and more difficult with every passing year. Project Utopia has been shown to be more and more oriented toward ensuring that novas serve humanity rather than coexist with them, and despite losing credibility time and time again, their reach continues to grow. The Aberrants are monofocused on Utopia, almost to the exclusion of anything else. Within the Teragen, the Primacy and Harvesters have gone to such extremes that all Terats have been tainted in the public eye by their actions. Independents grow fewer, as they are hounded into one group or another; when they try to function on their own, they are subjected to the media sensationalism and attacks such as Bastion has endured.

It can be a very difficult time to be a nova, really, despite all of our advantages. But I still hold to the ideals of Teras, the promise that even mass-murderers like Leviathan and Shrapnel cannot bury entirely in their hatred. Sin-Eater still does wonderful work in India for the Taint-ridden nova survivors of the Kashmir conflict. Count Orzaiz is a voice for cooperation and sanity, even after two decades of character assassinations against him. Tarik ibn'Mahamoud has done more than any other nova to end violence on all levels in the Middle East.

- Ptehehincalasanwin

Archived