Jump to content

Aberrant: Stargate Universe - SG23: Mission to P4Z-326 (Eskal)


Mr Fox

Recommended Posts

Mission Briefing SG23 09:00 hours:

General O'Neill sat at the head of the briefing table typing something into his laptop. His assistant Lt. Samuelson, stood at his right waiting patiently for something. O'Neill was not the fastest of typers. After everyone had taken their places, "I'll be with you in a minute." He finished the typing and turned to Samuelson, "There, the report is sent, clean it up and forward it on."

He turned back to face SG23. "Congratulations on making it through the training. We have had to do a few transfers along the way, you've handled it well. Now, lets get down to business. I am sending SG23 to follow up on a situation that SG1 faced a while back, on P4Z-326. In case you have not read the mission report yet, SG1 was captured and subjected to some very elaborate trickery in order to get us to reveal classified information. Hathor turned out to be responsible and we killed her. However, she had gone to a good bit of trouble to recreate a fake SGC facility in her base and despite the fact that we defeated her there is some concern from the IOA that we did not completely investigate the facility she had created or ensure that all her Jaffa were accounted for after the battle. Basically, we want you to go in and ensure that her base was really decommissioned and that there are no Jaffa still remaining. This means you are going into a potentially hostile area. You have been provided maps of the facility, at least portions of which were destroyed in the battle. Study them and prepare yourselves. You leave at 08:00 tomorrow morning. Any questions?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel thought a moment after the General finished, then raised his hand and waited to be called upon. "We'll have maps of the portions that were destroyed? Is that to make sure that they're still destroyed.

Also, this planet has a stargate, so wouldn't any Jaffa that were 'unaccounted for' have gone back to where they came from? Some sort of 'home base' of theirs? Meaning that if the base is truly abandoned, there wouldn't be anybody there, even if you didn't get them all last time, and if it's not abandoned, there will be lots more people... guards, workers and such.

Did I get that right?" Samuel finished his analysis and looked around the table, measuring reactions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General O'Neill shook his head, "I said portions were destroyed, meaning that other portions were not. As for why they would have stayed, we don't know that any did. I do think you should be prepared in the event that some remained, or that others have come since the battle ended. Understand that Hathor chemically enthralled most of her Jaffa stealing them from the service of other Goa'uld. Depending on how much of a dose she used on them they might have recovered shortly after her death, or if they were given enough, they may remain loyal to her even now despite her death. We just don't know. Mainly we want you to do reconnaissance of the facility and it's surroundings and determine if it is still unoccupied or not. If it is unoccupied search it for anything useful, if there are Goa'uld then use your best judgment as to how to proceed."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan nods once. "Sounds like an interesting set-up." He quietly thinks about how to prep for this. He and Sims would carry the combat gear, Sam his tech pack, and Kyria a medical pack.

He waits to add more, seeing if the rest of the team will ask any other pertinent questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simms attention was fully focused on the briefing. Samuel raised a good point and Simms nodded to O'Neill's reply. It seemed like a pretty clear cut mission for the team. He would have to get some more data on Hathor before they left. Any visual images of her might come in handy dealing with any straggler jaffe.

Turning to Samuel, "Hey your good with computers right? Once you get done with going over the maps, could you do me a favor?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel turned to Simms and replied, making sure to not speak over anybody. He seemed as if he would actually enjoy helping. "A favor... with computers... the pleasure would be all mine. That is, of course, if I can get clearance to touch one..." and with that he turned back to the General.

He'd keep the info that he didn't actually have to touch one to manipulate it to himself, for now. But he hoped that the SGC was starting to trust him more as an asset than distrust him as a security risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General O'Neill nodded decisively, "Since there are no further questions, you are dismissed. I will see you off before you go in the morning."

The day went by quickly with studying the maps and preparing for the team's first actual mission. 06:00 found the team meeting in the locker room for the standard pre-mission preparation. Before each and every mission every SG team had to meet to decide on and memorize the code that would tell the SGC that it was their SG team incoming and not some enemy. Otherwise the iris would not be opened and the team would end up being destroyed as their atoms and molecules impacted the iris' surface. Then came the last minute discussion of what they were to do and each person's roles. Finally once everyone was geared up and ready they made their way down to Level 28 and were issued weapons and ammo. In this case each team member received the standard kit of a P90 and spare ammo, but instead of a traditional side arm each was given a Zat to carry.

Then came the final moment in the gate room as they awaited departure. General O'Neill was present in the dialing room looking down at the team, he offered the team a salute, which for the General was like a hug from another man. Then the gate began to dial out. The massive ring began to turn as gears and mechanisms whirred to life. One symbol after another locked into place until finally on the seventh, the symbol for Earth, the gate surged with energy and the vortex of the the coalescing wormhole like a bizarre and dangerous horizontal waterspout. Then it collapse into the liquid mercury appearance of the event horizon.

Over the speaker in the wall the General said, "God speed people, come home safely."

Each member of the team stepped through in with varying degrees of trepidation or excitement and emerged on the other side onto an alien world. The area around the gate was a good sized open field, many acres large eventually leading to a treeline. There was no one present at the gate as the team stepped through, but that had been verified by a malp that was sent through before the team arrived. After the time that had passed since SG1 and the Rebel Jaffa battled Hathor's forces the scars of battle had healed and grass grew tall and untended around the gate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Yeah I'm looking for some images of Hathor. It will help me in case we run into some Jaffe that are still loyal to her. I only ask cause I'm not to familiar with computers enough to gain access to that information. Thought you might be able to help me out."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan was the first one through the gate, and quickly began assessing the situation the second he stepped out. The area looked deserted and he chuckled, This was looking easy enough.

He shunted the thought away, overconfidence created mistakes, They needed to do this by the numbers.

He waited for each of his teammates to come through and smiles. "Well that was certainly an interesting sensation."

"I thought we were supposed to be showing up in an abandoned base." He began looking around for signs of a former base, and Directed Samuel. "Check the maps we were provided with, let's see if we are where we're supposed to be, and if we aren't how far we are from there."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel was easily able to find the pictures that Simms was looking for. He even dug up some archival footage for him.

Once through the gate, Samuel's zat was up and ready to go. He waived it around, trying his best not to point it at any of his teammates, until Major Hawke asked him to check the map.

Satisfied that the area wasn't going to spontaneously sprout jaffa, Samuel holstered his zat and brought out the maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

((The base is supposed to lie about a mile from the gate in the direction of that forest. The field is also littered with standing stones in basically circular patterns centered on the gate. Think, of some of the stone circles in the UK, these are about 4 to 5 feet tall and many of them are laying on their sides and are hard to see for the tall grass which comes up at least to your waists.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel kept one eye on the map, giving directions when needed, and the other eye watching their surroundings. He charged himself up with electricity, in case they got jumped, and had his zat in his other hand, in case they jumped someone else.

Best to be prepared, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quarter mile from the the base they find a well-traveled trail encircling the base, myuch like a patrol route.

"So there is something here." He nods to Simms and stops as he notices a small device on a tree around knee level. "Everyone stop!"

He quietly points to the device. "Perimeter sensor. It's likely we may have triggered others. Be ready. Sims, you and Kyria go on the left side, Samuel and I will take the right."

"Let's keep moving and keep your senses alert and aware of everything." He continues on after making sure to avoid tripping the sensor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From where the patrol trail crossed the one leading from the Stargate to the base was only about a quarter of a mile to where the base lay, but because of the forest nothing of the base could be seen from here. Now that the team was focused on what to look for it was obvious that the crossing trail saw regular foot traffic and judging by the size of the footprints it was likely Jaffa, and if it was a regular patrol rather than a hunting trail then the crossing trail most likely would lead around the base.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Roger that sir." Simms turns to Kyria pointing to the area that they will be covering. "Not sure what it is that you do excatly, but let me know if you spot something out of the ordinary." Inside Simms is tense, it's obvious that someone is still here. Stay calm Simms, this is the real thing. Don't be a hero on your first mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel, finally seeing something technological, whispers to Hawke. "It's possible that I can hack into their system through the motion sensor and see if we have tripped any, and possibly where the rest of them are... maybe even find the nearest patrol... whaddya say?"

It wouldn't be much, but at least he'd be able to contribute. And, once Hawke gave the go ahead, he would approach the motion sensor carefully, until he could get it within his range, and try and 'enter' it.

Click to reveal..
(20:37:50) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): CyberK roll

(20:37:54) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): Int (4) + MInt (1)(first die, multiple sux) + CK (1) sending conciousness/same network = +1 diff (Alter Data)

(20:38:09) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 6d10 and gets [8],5,5,10,10,4.

(20:38:42) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 4sux (3 w/ +1diff)

(20:42:59) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): Hacking roll

(20:46:00) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): Int (4) + MInt (1)(first die, multiple sux) + Comp (4 + Hacking) Trying to access the alien network and find the main computer -- possible +1 diff

(20:46:12) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 9d10 and gets [2],3,1,8,10,2,9,3,6.

(20:47:16) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 3sux @ diff 7/8

25/28 QP || 4/5 WP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria nodded absently to Samuel, her thoughts spreading out into the area, searching for any minds other than her teammates.

Click to reveal..

(18:59:24) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 5d10 and gets [6],2,6,1,10.

1 suxx.

She spoke just loudly enough to be heard by the team, "We're the only minds in the area. If those are still active and still monitored, whoever is watching them is far away."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel was able to hack the motion sensor but the technology was very alien. After a moment he discovered that it is set to send burst transmissions when it is triggered, otherwise staying in passive mode. It had just sent a tranmission. It isn't terribly safisticated though, it just registered 4 intruders but no details or images or anything. They also only had an effective (omnidirectional) range of 5m, and a broadcast range of only 1 mile.

He also found out that the device wasn't networked so he couldn't access their network through it or anything. However, he was able to figure out the frequency it uses to broadcast and alter it so that their radios would pick up one burst of static (burst transmission) for each person that passed this point.

All of this info he relayed, quietly, to Hawke and the rest of the team, as well as his intention to do a quick scan of the area for any more motion sensors.

Click to reveal..
(21:55:31) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): CK Scan

Per (3) + CK (1)

(21:55:38) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 4d10 and gets 5,5,5,7.

(21:55:47) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 1sux

After concentrating for a few moments, he advises the group that there shouldn't be any more motion sensors within a 50 yard radius or so.

That info figured out, Samuel's mind really started racing. The facility was up there, this patrol route probably encircled the facility, and judging from the length and curvature of the arc of the route that they could see...

Samuel tried to figure out, on the map of the area that they had, the radius of the circle made by the patrol route. He also added in motion sensors every 60 yards or so, and extended a 1 mile radius from each. The control center had to be somewhere in the overlap, which meant that it was somewhere... over... there... ish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simms listened to the reports from Kyria and Samuel and nodded. "Sounds like we should have an easy approach then." Simms looks towards Samuel and asks "Anyway you can send a pulse back that would indicate that we've left?" Simms shrugs "Maybe that would throw off any pursuit that may be coming?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel shook his head. "That's not how they work. They simply send a pulse when they find something/one and the number of things they found. It doesn't send any info on when they leave. The most I'd be able to do is send them false info on our numbers, make it seem like we have more people than just us 4. Otherwise I suggest we just keep on moving and avoid any further sensors."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan nods. "We don't want them thinking it's an invasion so that's fine, Now let's keep going." Mindful of what to look for now, Ryan motions for Simms to continue on, the two of them leading the way to the base.

"Kyria, when you said we were the only minds aronud in this area, just how large of an area are we talking about?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria frowned and held her hand up to Hawke in a sign of 'gimme a second'. "Wait, never mind. There are people over there." She pointed in the direction of the base. "Multiple people. It's a little far away from me to be able to get an exact number, but I'd say either someone stuck around or someone new has set up camp in the base."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan nods. "Alright stay sharp then. I'd prefer to avoid a firefight, perhaps we'll have some luck and they'll be freindly."

He wasn't normally an optimistic man, but this was by far an abnormal mission. They started moving again, everyone doing what they could to stay quiet and unseen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team moved out slowly and cautiously. Hawke sent Sgt. Simms to take point and had Lawrence take rear with himself and Kyria walking together in the center. The forest they found themselves moving through was very open and peaceful seeming. There was relatively little undergrowth, but that seemed to be a result of the sheer size of the trees blocking out the light. The upside was that the trail was easy to follow and it would be somewhat hard to create an effective ambush against them. It also meant that the team could strike off from the trail to come at the base from a different angle without much difficulty.

(Perception + Awareness rolls please.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the rear, Samuel has out his zat, trying to keep his eye out for anything out of the ordinary... and jumping at every squirel or bird or shadow that happens by.

Click to reveal..
(Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): Per + Awareness

(12:50:35) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,4,8,3,1,4.

(12:50:50) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 2sux @ std diff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan moves with ease scanning for any danger Zat gun ready.

(Perception+ Awareness roll

(12:56:08) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,5,5,10,9,7,9,10.

If rerolls for Observant count (13:01:03) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 3d10 and gets 1,9,4.

6/7 total successes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone hears the clanking of metal on metal echoing off the trees, some more clearly than others. Hawke in particular recognizes the sound of Jaffa jogging along. The noise is getting louder and Hawke and Simms are pretty sure that it is coming from the trail ahead.

(You guys have perhaps thirty seconds to a minute to react before they come into view. As loud as they are and as quiet as you are being they likely don't know your exact position. They are doubling timing it out to the sensor to determine what has set off the alarm. While we are at it please give me an Init roll along with the actions that you are planning to do.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan goes right hiding alongside the trail, pulling Samuel off with him. He nods to the other side for Simms and Kyria and mouths the words "Hide" and "Ambush." In his hurry his attempt to hide himself and Samuel isn't as good as he knows he could make it.

(Init (13:28:20) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

16

Stealth check to hide (13:33:28) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,1,7,6,6,4,5,6.

mega(13:33:39) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

1 success)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel gets dragged behind Hawke and shoved behind a tree; barely avoiding shooting off his zat prematurely in the process.

As the Jaffa approach, Samuel tries to remember and apply everything he learned about hiding from the police... of course he'd never had to do it in a forest before though.

Click to reveal..
(Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): init roll = dex + wits

(21:57:17) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 1d10 and gets 4.

(21:57:30) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 4 + 7 = 11

(Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): stealth roll = dex + stealth

(21:58:37) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 5d10 and gets 2,10,2,5,7.

(21:58:48) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 2sux @ std diff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria disappeared off the track, making no sound or leaving any trace for even her teammates to follow. She found herself a good spot to watch the approaching Jaffa from and settled in for the wait.

Click to reveal..
Kyria Initiative: 13

(21:48:44) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 1d10 and gets 7.

Activating Catfooted, stealth roll:

(21:50:14) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 6d10 and gets 10,9,9,5,7,2.

9 suxx total for silence and leaving no tracks as she finds a good recon/ambush spot to watch from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan calms himself abit and then finds a much better concealed position and readies to fire on the approaching Jaffa.

(20:52:22) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 8d10 and gets 6,3,9,4,1,4,9,3.

mega (20:52:30) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 1d10 and gets 9.

4 successes on stealth check)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Samuel takes Hawke's lead and situates himself better behind his tree. His zat was still as unsteady as ever. Samuel was a programmer, not a combatant... he just hoped he wouldn't close his eyes as he squeezed the 'trigger'.

Click to reveal..
(Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): stealth roll = dex + stealth

(22:10:39) ChatBot: (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,7,9,8,3.

(22:10:55) (Samuel_Eugene_Lawrence): 4sux @ std diff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...