Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys - what shall we do? Is someone going to take over and follow through with Travis' plan or is Hicks still on the list?

Make up your minds - I suppose doing this here OOCly else we risk running in circles until we've got 12 distinct individual plans and you all run into different directions wink

I will respond to Ronnie alone right now in the mean time. Share your thoughts because I very much like to end this chapter and move on to the next.

I'm for Hick's plan. Throwing unskilled people out into guerilla duty is a good way to lose the unskilled people. If they have some trained sneaky-types with them, they are much more likely to live.

Sure that means the assualt group is less stealthy, but unless Sam has some sneaky about her she hasn't talked about yet, that's not an issue. The assualt group has to penatrate to the command level through sheer strength and firepower.

Sneaky can't be in both places at once and I think they are doing more good on the outside, drawing off the enemy strength.

I think both teams, the 'distraction' and the attack squad, should have some balance. Someone who can take hits, someone who can dish damage out and some 'miscellaneous' powers in the mix to add some versatility.

On an OOC level at least, I think we shouldn't worry about "unskilled" so much. We're all capable characters and we know that much OOC. We'll learn it IC in time too. smile

OOC I'm trying to split us up because its painfully clear that large groups aren't going to function, too many people have too many personality conflicts. Further smaller groups will hopefully mean faster posting for the most part and I think we need to give this game a shot in the arm.

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
I'm for Hick's plan. Throwing unskilled people out into guerrilla duty is a good way to lose the unskilled people. If they have some trained sneaky-types with them, they are much more likely to live.

Throwing unskilled into guerrilla duty is better than asking them to pull off an infiltration mission. At least with the Guerrilla fighting if things go south the can cut and run, if they infiltration goes poorly what then? We fail, that's what.

Oh yeah, splitting up is good! Lets just get past the, "we can't send such and such to do blahdy blah" stage so we can move forward.

OOC at least, we can work out who goes with which group. Then IC we'll make whatever justifications are necessary to make that happen. Otherwise this could take a looooong time in-game to haggle out.

In all honesty, I think we need to approach this from a gaming point of view. What is going to flow the smoothest for gameplay issues? I think we should probably be split into maybe three groups max, because too many more than that and it IS going to get complicated, just keeping track of what's going on for players. Maybe two distraction groups, and the infiltration group. It seems like a fair compromise. Having everyone interacting in the same room is obviously not going to work really well at this point, because it's a huge amount of people, and there are a lot of personality conflicts.

IC, as Mala and I have pointed out, Savannah and Simon are the emotional equivalent of 15 years old, and they've spent the last few years of that before they got taken running and hiding. Neither of them are in a position right now to contribute much of an opinion.. they're going to do whatever they're told to do. I think Mala and I have both done this because A - it's appropriate to the characters and B - we don't need another two opinions thrown into the mix. It's confusing enough as it is.

I will say that this "morning conversation" started w/Travis's "waking up" post on 3/23/07, which means it's been almost a full two weeks of nothing but this discussion/argument IC, so I would be really delighted if we could wrap it up soon, too.

love to but we need the IC buy in from the PCs

Fox, great idea, and if you bring it up IC Travis will quickly accept it as it would mean that they could limit the infiltration team to Travis, Ronnie, and perhaps one other. Grav would stay safely out of harms way and Kevin could stay near the "base" to provide healing options, or lead a guerrilla group.

Kevin is very hurt right now, emotionally. I mean he's slumped in a corner doing everything but crying. He's not going to be much help in planning until he (or someone else) can pull him together. But I can tell you now that he'll want on the infiltration group.

Chapter 2 is closed - I will work on Chapter 3.1 and 3.2 asap. EXP will be rewarded. Check the XP-Tracker. Raises can be made but check with me first please.

Chapter 3.1 will be Ronnie's Team, Chapter 3.2 will be Hicks' - The Base-Team (around Six at the Wal-Mart) will be covered in 3.2.

I left open who is in which team - Dawn, pick your team as you see fit. That's the best compromise I suppose. Both teams will get enough to do - don't worry about that.

I was going to post about Kevin snapping out of it, standing up and offering his services, to the death if need be, as both shield and medic.

Joani, you can add that in, as well as the fact that he'll try and get himself on Ronnie's team (pointing out the fact that he could protect the entire group and heal 'Orphan' if needed, where as 'the kid' could just be a meat-shield), then feel free. Or I can just make it my first post once the threads are up.

Sorry about 3.2 but I can't finish it tonight so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. My time this week is a bit off but I try to keep delays as short as possible. My apologies for those who have to wait another day before you can continue.

Chapter 3.2 is up. There is one hour of 'downtime' between the Chapters 2 and 3 so you get another refresh of QP if you were not at full. Same goes for HL if you're in a margin where an hour is enough to get you healed.

For continuities sake I won't necessarily track time to sync both Chapters - if one action affects the other Chapter I'll include it to provide the most dramatic effect at a convenient moment.

ok - in response to what Stargaizer 3.1 posted I had to review my rules section and found I had to be more specific and clarify how I want Attunement to work in this game.

Unfortunately it probably will end in a slight edit of SG's post because he'd know that what he is trying to do is not possible.

I will update the entry about Attunement to clarify that. You cannot Attune someone else to your powers in this game. You can use the 'background' only to affect yourself. Anything beyond that I'd consider too powerful.

I'm sorry for interrupting the story at this point but I just realized what SG was trying to do.

I'm sorry SG I should've be more specific about that - I hope you're ok to edit your post because I'm sure Kevin wouldn't have suggested that in the first place because it's not possible.

Thank you

Not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying. Assuming that Sam is wearing clothing, Kevin is only trying to attune that clothing, not Sam herself (meaning that any part not covered by clothing gets no protection what-so-ever).

Secondly, if I knew when I spent those points for background that Attunement was going to be parred down this much, then I wouldn't have taken it and would've spent those points elsewhere (as it is completely useless, because there's no power that he possesses that he could attune anything to/with).

I'm fine with not attuning people and not doing it in combat, but if you're going to make it so that we can only attune offensive powers, then can we work something out so that I don't have so many wasted dots (that I wouldn't have wasted if I'd known this beforehand)?

Er...in thread 3.2, the distraction thread...I am confused. People are making warps...zapping around. Are we all together? Have we agreed on a plan? Have we agreed on a meeting place after the plan's done?

I thought we were waiting on an update from Joani to proceed.

Adressing 3.2 - Am I right that you go in two seperate groups?

If yes - who goes in which?

Once I know that I can update you guys.

@Max - I get to your idea then, Hicks will roll with it but I need to know who is in which group before I can move on.

Generally speaking - don't worry about timesync with 3.1 and 3.2. I run both threads simultaneously regardless of how fast each thread moves individually.

That was certainly what Hicks seemed to have instructed us to do, I apologize if I misinterpreted that, Joani. Simon, Savannah, and Tim have gone together and I believe there rest are in a group themselves, except for Sly, who is staying back at the Walmart to keep people in contact.

I was kind of under the impression that we need to keep things moving along as players. The other crew seems to have gotten quite a bit accomplished thus far, and I didn't want us to lag too far behind. I was just trying to take initiative and get us moving. I didn't want us to get too stuck, like the meeting scene. If I need to edit something please let me know.

P.S. - I thought we were meeting back at the Wal-Mart, that it was kind of our base of operations, that's where Six and his team of kids were hanging out too? I don't know, I kind of just felt like everyone was waiting for someone else to post, and no one was actually posting, so.. I apologize if I jumped the gun, and like I said.. if I need to edit, let me know.

Archived