Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added the Blackhammers Mk I to the NPCs of note section. More stats to come as soon I'm done with creating them.

I want to achieve a little more transparency by sharing these stats with you - it is also meant to show you what you are up against.

Since the game is going to be very dangerous and potentially deadly I decided to give you all one HP, since the Prologues all threw you into a situation you had no choice to deal with other then react.

Sam, Grav and Felicity get an additional HP for me screwing so much with their PCs. Travis gets a HP for his tantrum. I love it.

It's awesome how the telephone game's working in Cat on a Wire - Grav and Dillinger discuss A, Felicienne hears it and supposes B, related this to Travis, who hears it as C.

By the time he arrives inside the story itself has become a Class V mutant. ^_^

Yeesh. I'm glad Fenny went with his gut on the 'engage/don't engage' call against the Blackhammer. He'd just embarrass himself and make annoying metallic scraping noises. grin

"Super-special-awesome Fenris attack: Scrape the paintwork then run like a bitch!"

Thanks all. I had it looking perfect, I couldn't even tell, but then I noticed that the color I had was different, so as I tried to match Ronnie's avatar, it started to look less 'real'. I only went down to a 2pixel brush, so I could have got more manic...but my stinking house cut short my free time.

The white background and good lighting made it fairly easy to change.

I have to agree, although I thought Ronnies hair was longer. I suppose that would've been even more difficult, though. The result is very nice - maybe I have to request your leet skillz in Photomanipulation for one of my avatars...

Quest updated - what shall I do with Jaunt/the Fenris/Rebecca situation?

If you want I grant you some editorial freedom to "take over" Jaunt, assuming he will make a meeting possible based on Rebecca's assessment of Fenris. Feel free to post that part, if you want.

Originally Posted By: Joani
I have to agree, although I thought Ronnies hair was longer. I suppose that would've been even more difficult, though. The result is very nice - maybe I have to request your leet skillz in Photomanipulation for one of my avatars...

Ronnie's hair is usually longer, and her eyebrows and eyes should be purple too. I know that's hard to tell in her avie, though. smile I say usually because she can modify the length (though shorter usually means with scissors wink ).

If you finish modding the image, Forge, I'd be interested in seeing the result. I have to warn you, I doubt I'll replace the avatar; I really like the smirk she's wearing. But if I like yours I might replace her profile picture.

AFAIK Felicienne led you inside the MIC under disguise (you floated under your own power) while she pulled a predator stealth thingy. So you're sneaking inside and are in the main corridor. There are several rooms going to the left and rights down the aisle. Corpses litter the floor - both Mutants and Policemen.

I'm sorry, but Quest will take a wee bit longer. I decided to updated only one part (Sam, yours takes longer because there's more content which needs to be carefully arranged).

I try to get Sam's part done over the next two days, though.

In the meantime Jaunt and Co will have something to play with - in a few minutes wink

Originally Posted By: Felicity
Felicity observed the person floating in mid-air for a second, wondering a bit what good the Superman impersonation would do for him. She concluded that it must allow him to keep an eye on his surroundings, before returning to matters at hand.

To be clear Travis is only floating a few inches above the ground. He's choosing to move that way as a means of making less noise as I explained in a prior post. It might not even be noticeable at first, and certainly not a "Superman impersonation", especially since we're indoors.

Originally Posted By: Anatoly
Your objection is noted, but do understand that Felicity is from a time when there was only one person floating or flying which was Superman, which was the angle from which I wrote it.

Felicity is from a different dimension?

Felicity - unfortunately Superman is not really part of this games continuity (actually any DC-Reference or Marvel even)

If you want to refer to any Superman-like Mutant from the Golden-Age then the name Valiant would jump into mind. He is as close as you can get to a "Superman" type hero from "back then".

Maybe we should add some more trivia in the " Our World " thread. I will try to up some of those heroes, that should be known world-wide, just for easier reference.

Thank you for the post, Fenris - it is a bit difficult to post in absence of Jaunt since Dave has such an unique way to portray his PC that I simply cannot emulate. I hope we'll hear from him soon because it feels really awkward to me to "Pilot" his Character.

If you or Dawn feel more comfortable "piloting" him I'd appreciate that, I'm currently looking for a way to let him fade a little into the background (without disappearing entirely, since I want to give him a chance to jump back into action, when he has the time to), your help is highly appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks.

Anatoly/Felicity - I don't mean to criticize but generally stuff put in italics reflect your characters thoughts, while normal font is used for speech.

For better reading comprehension I suggest adapting to that because the question had been brought up in chat if Felicity is actually talking or just thinking.

Alright, I will then. I am not sure what conventions are actually applicable, since I am actually used to seeing the exact reverse, and to me having the speech be the same font as the descriptive text is actually harder to read.

But I will adopt the majority vote ^_^

I always thought the color thing was a little self-serving. I mean, when people talk, do you hear colors? To this day, I have never seen a book printed where they used colors to signify speech.

If someone was using colors (*cough*Violet*cough*) then I would assume that some kind of emotion or psychotic craziness was trying to be conveyed through the change and not just the significance of 'I'm talkin' here'.

Generally speaking, the few years I've been posting on the boards, everyone has used the same rules as most publicized works..."" for speech, italics for thoughts and emphasis and bold for emphasis or creepy speech when inside "".

This isn't to get on anyone's case, since I'm not reading the thread of this mini-topic since I'm not in it, just puking out my opinion.

Also, as a side question. Anatoly...if you have trouble reading speech and descriptive that are in the same font...do you have trouble reading books? wink

I have no difficulty reading books, as books use different ways to differentiate speech from descriptive texts, like indents, additional spaces, separate paragraphs or (in some countries) using italics for speech.

I guess it also depends a bit on how big the paragraphs are in which the speech is located; the larger the text, the more you have to focus to see the speech delineated by quotation marks.

Originally Posted By: Damon OOC

If someone was using colors (*cough*Violet*cough*) then I would assume that some kind of emotion or psychotic craziness was trying to be conveyed through the change and not just the significance of 'I'm talkin' here'.

That's true Damon - in her case I'm trying to emphasize that her voice is unnaturally enhanced (via same named Enhancement "The Voice") and it is supposed to transport some of that whackyness that always follows her wake...

So, just to be clear, Simon and Savannah are leaving not only the ICU but also the Hospital and wandering around the streets in their hospital gowns, trying to go unnoticed. Is that correct?

Because their clothes would've been thrown away, not stored somewhere, because a steel beam through the abdomen would've ruined the shirt and possibly the pants, and what the beam didn't destroy would've been cut off for the surgery... unless Joani says something different.

The Twins had all their belongings with them (in their backpacks). I've granted them enough freedom (since that's how they spent their entire lives) to have a spare set of clothes for emergencies like this.

I would've preferred if they stayed at the hospital but it was their decision to flee.

Archived