Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 3b: Of Beavers and Bovines

Dawn OOC

Myfwany nodded, Linda's words penetrating at last. The clarity was gone and the adrenaline was gone, leaving only a sluggish, weary resignation.

"You have to tell Dick about Elijah," she said to Linda as she got back to her feet. "Tell him that someone's intentionally sending infectees in, and they don't have bite marks. You need to tighten security."

She started trying to usher Gabrielle and Caleb towards the exit, then paused and looked back at Linda. "Will you be all right? You're welcome to come with us."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The others, the ones that came with me. We have to find them before we leave." Gabrielle didn't seem to like the idea of leaving, but if it meant preventing more violence then she would go along. Besides, God had sent her guides in her new duties and she would stay with them until she had learned what was needed.

Linda shook her head. "No," she said softly. "I didn't do anything wrong, save not getting myself killed fighting you, and they need me. I'm the only one who knows what this Elijah shit is doing, and I'm the closest thing they have to a professional medical person. I have to stay."

She smiled a little. "But I don't want to see you all die. Now, go, please. Godspeed."

The group cautiously made their way through the caverns. People see them, that's unavoidable, but no one seems to realize that they should stop them. Moving quickly, they reach the converted hanger where Myf's Jeep is parked.

Caleb meets them there, with a small, raw-boned woman and a lanky kid with ginger-hair and pretty blue eyes. After shifting some things around and a couple of people sitting on laps, there was room for all, and the group began to drive.

Click to reveal..
This chapter is over. When Wesson starts to post again, he'll have 4C. Now you guys can hop over to 4B and start to meet some of the others. I'll do a set-up post for you. Take 10 xp - it was your first adventure and we ended up in combat.

Archived