Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 1: The First Gathering

Justin OOC

(OOC The night starts with ewach of you in a location of your choice. If you wish to be with someone that is your choice, it does make things somewhat easier though. You're doing whatever it is you would be at about 6 pm. Depending on your choice of starting location it will be determined how quickly things will happen to you.)))

The Game had finally been set. Everyone was present, and now They could be about the task they had been set to. Shadows moved throughout the streets, and here and there, someone screamed. It was a beautiful symphony to a dozen figures around the city.

One spoke. "Tonight, tonight it finally begins."

The warning alarm sounded telling everyone to stay indoors and head home quickly.

Another laughed. "It is far, far to late for that. It's too late for the cattle to do anything except accept their slaughter."

Atop Mt. Fuji, a man wearing the robes of monk sighed wearily. He raised his staff, adorned with seven rings, and brought it down. The rings jangled in the wind, the tones crystal clear and pure. "You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny."

(Each of you hears the ringing of the rings on the staff and a somewhat familiar sounding voice of an obviously old man and the words he says. He speaks in all languages, somehow, allowing everyone to understand. Post as you will.))

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She walked home, not really concerned with her surroundings, considering she had James McAllister on one side of her and Ken Ani on her other side. A girl named Skye walked with them too, Kaori didn't know her very well, but it was certainly safer walking in a group than to let her walk home alone.

They seemed like parasites! A few days ago her life was simple, zero complications, and now she was surrounded by peering eyes, undisciplined morons, and poor sword technique. Skye she granted a full pardon to, she was a girl.

Kaori's life was not going well at all.

With her books clenched tight to her bosom to ward off Ken's prying eyes and perverse thoughts she slowly continued to walk, taking great care to not allow her skirt to swoosh up in an on coming breeze. Mind you, she never had any problem with a skirt malfunction... but her own paranoia was enough to keep her ever vigilant.

While her classmates talked amongst themselves she reamined silent. Unlike them, Kaori Aoyama had no friends and no one to talk to, even when she needed it most. She thought of Onimaru, wrapped delicately along side her backpack, and reminded herself that she needed no one, she had The Way.

She suddenly paused for a moment...

"You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny."

He eyes darted around looking for the source of the voice, the jangling of the seven rings... anything!

She saw nothing.

Ken was walking along with this little group trying not to let his irrepresible good humor come out. Kaori still scared him, though not as much as their time together had gone by. He wasn't sure that was a good thing. She was still terribly distant and introverted ... if not crazy.

Ken's head whipped around. Who could have known his secret and to what purpose was he being called out for. Then he noticed he wasn't looking around alone.

"Anyone else here that?" he asked the others in Japanese.

I heard that too, Lindh spoke into his mind. Be ready to summon me no matter what the company you are in. It is important. This is your Destiny.

It was unbearable. She had to walk with these... people. Being seen with James McAllister would not be so bad; he was attractive enough to be seen with outside of school. Silently, Skye inwardly begged any power listening to hide her from classmates. Outwardly, she walked with a pleasant smile for her companions, as compliant as any proper Japanese girl.

Then, in German, she heard, "You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny." Kaori stopped, as did Ken, and Skye froze in the same beat. As Ken asked if she'd heard that, the petite blue-eyed blond hesitated, unsure if she should admit to the mass insanity.

Jim was off for another class at the Aoyama dojo straight from school, so it made sense to walk with Kaori and the others that lived close to her. At least with the oters there he coud talk to someone, it was pretty certain Kari wouldn't hold a conversation with him or Ken by choice.

The old man's voice, and in English no less, took him by surprise.

As he looked for the source of the sound he noticed the others looking around as well.

"Yeah Ken, I heard him. Can't see where the old boy might be hiding though. Must be a lune though, going on about Power and Destiny."

Unless he somehow knows about my katana, but how could he know about that?

"Hang on, what did you hear? I heard a familar sounding old man saying something in English about people with power being needed to take up their destiny. It shouldn't have made any sense to any of you, you don't speak English."

Or is something more going on with the emergence of real Oni into the city. Perhaps he was talking to me, but why the others as well, and how did they understand him?

Kage sat down just inside the entryway to his home, tossing aside his backpack and uniform jacket. His tie already loosened and his shirt already untucked, he bent over to untie his shoes but sat up suddenly.

He glanced around quickly, whipping his hair about. "...eh?" Kage looked just out the door and saw the neighbor's cat sitting on the fence, undisturbed by the jangling and cryptic message. With a shrug, he removed his belt and put a nearby chain through his belt loops. He walked outside of the house and closed the door- it would still be a few hours before his uncle got in from work. A few blocks down the way he could see a group of his classmates standing on the sidewalk in some slight disorder. Looking the other way, he couldn't see anything so interesting, and thusly Kage began walking towards the group.

They didn't see them at first, it was as if the shadows had a mind of their own. Then they got closer. They could hear the snarling, the growling and then a howl broke the silence. The smell of blood wafted through the air, and then the Shadow pack became visible under the street lamps. Each creature was the size of a large dog, with burning red eyes and a mouth full or razorsharp teeth. some still hadd bits of people in their mouths, and all had fur that was matted with blood and gore.

There were at least two dozen of the dog-like demons, and thhey began to spread out and encircle the group of students.

Kage had a good vantage point to see what was heading for them, and decide what he would do.

((OOC the Hellhounds are about 100m away. It will take two rounds for them to reach you or 3 for any of you to have a shot at reaching them. You all need to roll Initiative and prepare for combat. If you have a defensive ability, remember to state you are activating it. If you do not, it will not be active.))

Ken steps forward boldly. He knew what had to be done to protect his classmates.

"Lindh, I need you."

He clutched his amulet beneath his school uniform. He felt the gut punch in his soul like the night before. Lindh was coming, the thought wearily, as he nearly fell over. Now if he only had a pipe, or bat to defend himself.

Blue light shone around Ken and the runic circle fomred before him. From it Lindh Emerged, Descending as it were, clad in her armor and bow ready.

There's no pride, just a calm question. She stands there in gleaming silver armor, and quietly regards the others for a moment. "Do you wish for me to take care of them, or would your friends like to taste true battle as well?"

Her wings are clearly visible as she is in battle mode and her eyes shine seem to shine with a metallic golden light. She seems to radiate holy power, and both Onimaru and Holy Trust respond to her presence, in striking fashion. Onimaru quakes, either with rage or fear, and Holy Trust seems to hum in it's scabbard.

Without looking towards the enemey she draws her bow while waiting for Ken's command. She lets an arrow fly, which completely vaporizes the hellhound it hits.

Skye stared, horrified. What were those things? Then Ken behaved strangely, and that thing came out of his chest. All of her sense of real and false shattered, and she was on the verge of tears - or a breakdown. Then, a strange calmness filled her. I know what to do.

It was as if someone else were directing her actions. Reaching into her school bag, she pulled out those strange fans. She put one in each hand and opened them with a snap. One rose before her in a guarding position; but the other pointed at the monsters. A soft whistling, as of a high wind, could be heard on the battlefield. Then she drew back the pointing fan and snapped it forward, and the whistle became a roar as wind pelted one of the monsters.

[OOC: Init roll:

2d6=5 + 6 = 11

Attack roll:

2d6=8 +6 = 14]

Shin, his eyes focused into the middle distance, walks beside Jo March, jabbering on in English about nothing in particular, heading for an American restaurant. About half-way there, he hears in his head the monk's statement, "You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny."

Shin pauses and shakes his head, then he turns to Jo. "Did you just hear that? Please tell me you heard that." He runs his hands over his forearms, reassured by the feel of his bracers. He looks nervous and concerned, a look most foreign to his face.

Kaori was too stunned to move as the shadowy forms materialized from the ambient darkness. With their fur covered in blood and bits of flesh falling down from their maws the churning in her stomach was only cast aside by the sudden scream in her should to defend herself, lest she be next.

She rolled Onimaru off her shoulder and her pack dropped to the ground along with her school books. She'd never drawn her blade against another living soul before with the intent to cause them harm. These... creatures... they're merely shadows... nothing more... but how? Where did they come from?

As the cloth around Onimaru fell to the ground the grogeous pearl and ivory scabbard and hilt of the weapon was visible to all. She heard what Ken had said: "Lindh I need you?". She scoffed inwardly, prayer would not see them through at this time, now was the time for action.

She summoned her Ki and gripped Onimaru tightly. With a slash of her blade the energy within her was released. Along the ground the earth was torn asunder as a wave of purifying blue energy sliced it's way towards the creatures of shadow.

Click to reveal.. (Initiative)
Roll(2d6)+10:5,2,+10 Total:17
Click to reveal.. (Attack Roll)
Roll(2d6)+7:6,1,+7 Total:14 (Hit! 77 damage)

The arc slid directly towards one of the hounds. As it struck him it exploded into a cylinder of torrential winds that carried it upwards as scythe-like blades of wind tore through its body.

After the briefest of moments, the wind was gone, about the same time Skye's faded off as well, dropping the creature to the street below.

Kaori looked to her sword, a bit shocked. That hadn't happened before... She looked over to Skye, then to her tessen and back towards the charging beasts.

Sort it out later... focus Kaori... focus.

"Umm ah," he stammered, stunned somewhat by the combat effectiveness of his companions, "leave a few for my companions so that ... so that they can find their inner power."

As I don't seem to be alone with the whole Power/Destiny thing, I might as well see what they do.

In his naiveté, it didn't occur to him that any of them could possibly get hurt. This was all still too unreal to be actually happening.

Jim was surprised by the appearance of the hellhounds, but not as much as by Ken summoning what appeared to be an angel or valkyrie or something. However, it was clear whose side she was on by her question and the reaction of both his katana and Kaori's to her presence.

"Having taken out an Oni the other day, I'll take may chances against these dogs from hell."

Well it sounds like I'm not the only one with a 'magic' sword, and Kaori is a good person to wield one. Ken looks like he could do with a weapon to use as well.

Reaching back over his shoulder with both hands he draws Holy Trust with his right hand, but his left closes on a glowing sword hilt instead of the boken hilt he had intended. Intitially he didn't realise until the fading glow on the katana in his left hand forced his awareness of it's nature. Still it was Ken who needed a weapon, hopefully it would be effective for him.

"Here Ken, I don't know exactly where it came from but try this."

So saying he skids it across the floor to Ken.

Looking back up he sees the effect of Lindh's arrow on the hound.

I wish I had a ranged weapon to thin them out with as well. And as he thinks it, a triple barrel pistol like a derringer appears in his left hand. A wave of exhaustion warns him that he is temporarily out of whatever power or energy allowed him to create the weapons.

Cool, lets try it out.

Raising his left arm he fires at one of the hellhounds in front of him.

[OOC:

Init: [2,6,5] = (13)

Attack: 2d6+5=15

Sword for Ken = WL 5 + Multidimensional

Pistol for Jim = WL 5 + MultiD + Range 2 - 2 (ammo of 3) = 30 damage]

Kage saw the emerging hounds and froze in his place. "Needed for this, I guess." He grabbed the chain from around his waist and pulled it from the loops, ready to attack with it. He started to run for his classmates, ready to protect them from- woah, did three of those things just get chopped apart? No matter, gotta go help those kids!

Click to reveal..

Originally Posted By: Shin Okuda
Shin, his eyes focused into the middle distance, walks beside Jo March, jabbering on in English about nothing in particular, heading for an American restaurant. About half-way there, he hears in his head the monk's statement, "You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny."

Shin pauses and shakes his head, then he turns to Jo. "Did you just hear that? Please tell me you heard that." He runs his hands over his forearms, reassured by the feel of his bracers. He looks nervous and concerned, a look most foreign to his face.

"...and that's why I think about man-eating iguanas every time I see that stupid commercia-"

The faint, musical chime, clear over even the sounds of the city, stopped her completely, comically, in her tracks. One leg extended mid-step, Jo halted as if suddenly frozen, and balanced there for a moment as her brain processed the strange, English-speaking voice.

"Oh-kay," she breathed, bright eyes darting warily from side to side. "I'm guessing that's not some kind of viral marketing campaign for a new action flick. Who the hell was that?" Deep in the pocket of her jacket, Jo's fingers curled around the heavy, reassuringly solid grip of her most treasured possession, and she slowly lowered her foot as she turned to look inquisitively at Shin.

Jim's shot takes the demon's head off, and it's body falls there but doesn't dissipate. The others rush forward, spreading out even further. Soon they would be overrun. Lindh nods at Ken's command and turns, loosing another pair of arrows that disintegrate the demons they touch.

(Begin round 2)

-----------------------

just as Shin and Jo begin talking they hear a pair of screams behind them and turn to see four red-eyed shadows at the end of the street. The smell of blood is thick, and they can see the remains of a freshly killed couple scattered under the lightpost they just passed.

(initatives and actions if you would please the Demons are 30m away.)

Ken reaches down swaying slightly as if he was drunk. He picks it up and draws it with unskilled hands. Unsure of what to do, he looks to Kaori and attempts to mimic her stance. She is the best swordfighter here, right? Well, she had better be.

(17:45:22) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,4+4=11 for Initiative.

Ken moves close to Lindh for support, and because he has no idea what else to do. The others seem so confident in their abilities, while he feels like ... just a normal kid.

((OOC we will be keeping the INitiative order from the first turn, which at current is Lindh, Kaori, Jim and Kage, Skye and Adrian together)

(Lindh has already gone. Skye has killed 3, Lindh has killed 3, Kaori and Jim have each killed 1. that leaves 16 left They have advanced 35m towards you.)

OOC: Init<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1882338/">2d6+4=10</a>

IC:

Shin takes a look at Jo, then looks at the source of the screams. When he notices the shadows, he quickly removes his jacket, and rolls up his sleeves, baring his bracers to anyone's sight. He jumps into his boxing stance, and quietly says, "Stay behind me. I'll keep them off you as much as I'm able."

OOC: Waiting for first target to approach within striking distance, and then punching.

With the arrival of Lindh Kaori's threshold for sanity was being stretched to it's absolute limit.

"Who is that?" she asked looking at the female who, just like the shadow creatures, popped out of nowhere. "And what are those things?" she asked as well as she could while trying to remain focused.

Click to reveal.. (Attack Rolls)
Attack #1 Roll(2d6)+7:1,6,+7 Total:14 (Hit! 77 damage), Attack #2 Roll(2d6)+7:2,4,+7 Total:13 (Miss!)

She arced her blade upward and another dazzling blue wave grew from earth and smashed into her opponent encircling it in razor force gale.

Quickly she followed up the swing striking the blade upward along he opposite side slicing completing an "X" pattern with her two attacks. However as the gale force winds were summoned so to did physics take its course and her school uniform's skirt was whipped upward exposing to those paying any measure of attention her rather racy red undies.

"AHHH!" With her modesty in jeopardy she panicked and quickly pulled back her attack and gripped her skirt pulling it back down and silently praying no one noticed.

The blue arc of her second slice veered way off course, slamming into a parked car and although it didn't lift it into the air, the razor winds sliced through doors, the hood, ruined the paint and shattered the windows.

Originally Posted By: Shin Okuda

Shin takes a look at Jo, then looks at the source of the screams. When he notices the shadows, he quickly removes his jacket, and rolls up his sleeves, baring his bracers to anyone's sight. He jumps into his boxing stance, and quietly says, "Stay behind me. I'll keep them off you as much as I'm able."

All thoughts of delicious, preservative-laden food, man-eating iguanas, and strange voices fled as Shin's protective instincts took over, and Jo caught sight of the shadowy, red-eyed forms and the bloodied human remains.

Code:
Initiative: (00:34:05) ChatBot: (Jo) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,6. + 5 = 13.

As they were about the same height, she couldn't see over him, so she instead leaned to the side, drawing the heavy prototype pistol from her jacket and taking aim on one of the otherworldly creatures.

"Y'know," she chirped brightly, "I really hope this thing works. I've never gotten a chance to try it out in an actual combat scenario!"

Code:
Attack Roll (Standard Shell): (00:46:32) ChatBot: (Jo) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,1. + 6 = 13.

The barrel flashed as the cartridge ignited and a ball of glowing energy shot out to slam into one of the demons, vaporizing it.

The other three durged forward closing the distance, that wouldn't happen again.

((OK Shin you can go since the creatures used their action to close in on you two. They are now in range and will attack next turn between you and Jo.)

Well that worked surprisingly well, although the Oni I stabbed with my sword the other night dissolved back into shadows. That must be something special about the sword then.

Out of the corner of his eye Jim spots Kaori messing about with her clothes, and calls to her as he fires at another Hellhound.

"Kaori, stop messing about with your clothes and focus on the battle. You can sort your self out if we survive this encounter."

Code:
Attack: 2d6+5=14   30 damage if hit

He did however spot the flash of red, which caused his poker 'battle' face to almost change.

Jim's shot misses this time, grazing the hound's flank.

--------

Shin's fist slams into the demons head and went straight through the entire cranium. It disintegrated right there before him, as one of the two remaining turned to attack him.

(OOC Kage and Jo, you're up.)

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
Shin's fist slams into the demons head and went straight through the entire cranium. It disintegrated right there before him, as one of the two remaining turned to attack him.

(OOC Kage and Jo, you're up.)

"Woo hoo!" she cheered as her first shot tore through one of the demonic beings. She really hadn't been sure it would even fire, but the weapon was already exceeding her expectations. Her jubilant dance ended abruptly, however, as the reality of the situation sank in: there were still three more, and they'd apparently decided having one of their buddies blasted was not incentive enough to get lost.

Broadening her stance and planting her feet firmly on the pavement, she grasped the weighty sidearm in both hands and watched as the demons tore after them.

Jo's eyes went wide as Shin's fist literally obliterated the creature's head, leaving the rest of the body to linger only momentarily before it, too, disintegrated completely. Holy crap! This guy packs a serious punch! she thought incredulously. There were still two left, though, and one was bearing down on Jo with nothing less than slavering rage. Exhaling softly, she focused on the beast in front of her, and squeezed the trigger as it leapt.

Code:
Standard shot. (13:08:40) ChatBot: (Jo) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,6. +6 = 17.

Wow. Those guys actually look like they're taking care of those things in good time. At this point, though, Kage was already close enough that the hellhounds had probably noticed him any way, so he felt it better to be safe than sorry even if they didn't need his help. Dashing closer, he swung his chain underhand to strike the dogs with the most force.

Click to reveal..
13 Attack if in range.

49 damage if that's a hit.

Life was complicated - complicated and unfair. It was unfair you see, because Kaori was in front of Ken and when the breeze blew ...

He was hosed. Really. You see, the human eye is attracted to movement. They are one massive array of motion sensors. Really. Ken couldn't help but look and when he did ... well, what he saw caused his face to flush and his breathing to quicken and ... it was really that well crafted piece of ... posterior.

Ken looked away rapidly and started praying that the hellish creatures would be here soon to relieve him of this embarassment. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't it be a girl who found it funny, or charming that breeze blew the way it did.

Little did Ken realize that Kaori's display had driven the fear right out of him. Had he realized, he might have been thankful. There would be no giving her the thanks she deserved, because that would only result in a well deserved thrashing.

Jo's shot slammed into another demon, disintegrating it like the first one, and Kage caught the tail of the demon formation, and lashed into one with his chain. It vanished in a flash of energy and and another turned to attack him. (defense roll please)

She wasn't sure what to do. It was all surreal. But her tessen flexed, and though she was sure she wasn't doing it, it was her hands holding them. She wasn't sure how she did it, but her fan snapped forward again, and the whistling became stronger, a howl. And this time, a word came from her mouth: "KameKazi!"

[OOC: Attack roll:

1d6=5, 1d6=6 + 6 = 17!!]

Kazuo, like the three bososoku he'd come here with, was irritable and feeling on edge. It was too quiet out tonight. The three bikers were dressed mostly in the faux-leather "bodyarmor" of the modern biker, colored – as was typical of the bososoku – in loud and garish tones, and they looked every inch the wayward delinquents they were. Kazuo was still dressed in his school uniform, having not bothered to even go home since school got out, but his shirt was mostly unbuttoned and partially untucked, and his jacket rustled gently in the evening breeze. Somehow he made it look stylish.

All four of them were smoking cigarettes and taking swigs from bottles of Taisetsu Ji Biru Stout ((made by a respected Japanese microbrewery)), and trying very hard to look tough and not at all nervous as the sky dimmed.

It was chilly out.

"Chikuso", muttered Masanori, the tallest of the bososoku, "this sucks, neh?"

The others nodded their agreement, and Kazuo signaled his own disgust with the situation by spitting off to one side.

Kazuo Kanai didn't much care for Takadanobaba. It was a roudier, skeezier place than Waseda, but it was still just a big college hangout, which made it pretty lame by Kazuo's standards. Still, it was full to bursting with horny, drunk college girls, and that was pretty much all he was interested in here. Kazuo might've been only seventeen, but he looked like he was nineteen or twenty, so most of the girls never even realized he was just a highschool student - and a lot of the ones that did seemed to like it. Which was all just fine with Kazuo.

Actually, it wasn't full to bursting with drunken college beauties, or anyone else for that matter, and that was the problem. Lately, even the popular nightlife scenes were drying up and shutting down. Even strong drink and no-strings sex wasn't enough to draw people out into the night these days. Which just pissed Kazuo right the hell off.

He needed some distractions, goddammit! He couldn't get the sight of the trail of blood where Reiko should've been out of his head, and he still wasn't used to only having one eye to see with. And he really wasn't ready to think about why he was still alive right now – instead of lying dead in a massive pool of his own blood like he probably should've been. And he definitely wasn't ready to think about the… the thing that was responsible for it all.

And he couldn't stop thinking about the half-remembered feelings and images that'd come to him while he'd lain there, his shredded clothing soaking up his own blood. The sense of someone or something approaching him and surrounding him with light, or warmth. The feeling of a bowl filled with cool, cleansing water pressed to his lips, and the utterly incongruous image of the mass of worms that writhed within it. And the words, spoken so very softly in his ear, "teach them fear"...

Fuck this shit, he needed to get wasted, and he needed to get laid, preferably in that order too, but he figured he'd take what he got.

Kazuo distractedly reached under his coat and fingered one of the mysterious blades he'd found lying next to him when he'd woken up (not dead) in the aforementioned massive pool of his own blood – without a scratch on him. It'd only been a couple of days since then but it felt like years. Nothing had been the same since the moment he'd woken up. Everywhere he looked he saw signs of the evil overtaking this city, signs that he'd studiously ignored before now, and it made him so angry. And now it was getting dark again, and yes, he could hear the occasional scream off in the distance, and each time it made him want to whip out the weapons hidden under his coat and kill something.

No, fuck that. Fuck killing them. Let them live - let them suffer. What Kazuo Kanai wanted was make them afraid.

While Kazuo was thinking about all this the alarms sounded, warning people to get home and inside. This provoked a display of pure bravado and useless defiance as the bososoku let loose with a round of rude gestures and crude words aimed in the general direction of the alarms. Kazuo was about to join in with a distracted sneer but the strange ringing in his ears stopped him.

You with Power are needed. Take up your Destiny.

It sounded almost like the voice that had spoken to him a few nights ago in his delirium. Kazuo spun back to face his three biker companions and glared at them, giving Masanori a shove while he did so.

"Which one of you said that?" he shouted, "Who said that?!"

"He?!", shouted Masanori in response, "what are you talking about? Who said what?"

But Kazuo only pushed away from the three thugs and spun around, facing into the empty street and, unwittingly, towards the distant Mt. Fuji. From seemingly out of nowhere two strange blades appeared in his hands, one of which he stabbed into the air in front of him like an accusation.

"Fuck your destiny!!", shouted Kazuo into the empty night air, face red with anger and frustration. "No one tells me what do! I make my own future!"

Kazuo stared with one wide eye into the emptiness, but got no response. After a moment, he lowered his arms, but his knuckles were still white as he gripped the strange mongrel blades in his fists.

"Fuck destiny", muttered Kazuo, still looking at nothing. The three bososoku just stared at him like he was crazy.

Skye singled out another trio grouped together and all three vanished in a tempest of cutting wind and gory splatterings.

Lindh smiled, loosing another two arrows to slay a pair of demons and moved next to Ken and took a Defensive position there.

(OOC start new round. The Monsters will reach you for melee combat at the end this round. 3 turned to deal with Kage. This leaves 8 for the rest of you to deal with.)

Kage managed to block the attacking dog with hiss chain which caused the beast's mouth to sizzle when it bit down.

----------

The bikers looked at Kazuo and shook their heads. The guy was completely insane, but good in a brawl. Then all each of them could do was scream. A pack of demonic hounds were on them from the shadows, killing one then the other two, then they turned their bloody maws to Kazuo, their eyes glowing with bloodlust.

(roll initiative and your attack and defence if you would)

Rage and fury were the closest thing the men, Jim and Ken, could attribute to the beet red face of Kaori Aoyama as she was heckled by James over a missed attack in defense of her modesty.

To prevent from thrashing them, although she made sure the look she shot them announced they were in for it later, she dashed off into the fray.

With Onimaru slung low to the ground but clenched tightly in both hands. As one of the beasts leapt up to engage her she jumped to meet it as well. With a powerful Ki shout Kaori sliced the Blade of Shadows clean through the beast before landing in the middle of the pack of hounds.

As one jumped forward to gnash at her she side stepped and elbowed the beast in the jaw, dazing it before Onimaru found purchase across it's soft underbelly. She ducked low as a second leapt for her and it soared over her but her attack was too late and her blade caught only a wisp of shadow-stuff from the end of it's tail.

Sort myself out when this is all over... the fury of the onna-bugiesha was just short of titanic as she gracefully but mercilessly dispatched the hounds of shadow. I'll sort you out when this is all over James McAllister, and your little sidekick Ken too...

Click to reveal.. (Attacks)
3 Attacks. Attack #1 Leap Attack, hit 87 damage. Attack #2 Slash, hit 77 damage. Attack #3 Slash, miss

Archived