Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter Five Session 1: Return

Justin OOC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((OOC the tailless one on the ground got up when it attacked you and you killed the one it was entangled with))

Valerie smacks the wrench into its head hard, with a very satisfying squishing sound. It doesn't go down, but the bug like monster staggers back.

((OOC Eiji you're up. There are by my count one engaging you left, and the one Lily and Valerie are fighting.))

Eiji's attacks finish off the final Invader, and the smaller ones bolt through a door leading to engineering. The party is alone and the bay is now quiet giving them a slight moment in the red glow of the emergency lights to decided whether or not to hunt the smaller ones down before they could do damage internally.

Eiji relaxes his stance slightly while scanning the room for any remaining threats.

"Well your Highness, I would suggest that we don't really want them to be causing more damage to the ship, nor assaulting those less able to defend themselves than ourselves. So with your permission I will pursue them."

He does however wait for permission before pursuing, in case Lilly has a higher priority mission for him.

Lily glances at Eiji, still breathing hard from her exertions, and nods. Before she can say anything though, her face contorts as if in pain. Her eyes open wide in an expression of sudden panic.

"Ratheros!"

And then she's gone, like a popping soap bubble.

Several decks away, in the cargo bay, Lily appears out of nowhere in front of the round nodule that is her ship's seedling core, her battle aura shining around her and her sword held defensively out.

Georgi knew that Amane was part demon, and her actions were a soul-shuddering reminder that she might one day lose herself to that power. The way she smiled when she was injured, was intoxicatingly erotic, and he found himself verging on very unhealthy fantasies concerning Amane and himself. She is too much like me, he found himself thinking. Pain makes you feel alive. Still, it mattered little concerning his feelings for her. When this was over, he would have to tell her how he felt, even if she did not feel the same about him.

With the bloody spines bristling from him like a pincusion, he pointed the rifle and fired off two more rounds. The weapon's powerful recoil told him that he was limited to it's mode of fire. Any more and he could rip a hole in the bulkhead or damage vital equipment. It would prove a minor inconvenience.

Attacks 1 and 2: 19, 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1876791/

Damage: 100

Defense 1 and 2: 20, 14 {critical success!}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1876792/

HP: 89/100 {Regeneration 7, Damage Absorption 2}

EP: 110/110

((OOC: Did the armor protect me from the attack, but is now not as effective, or did the spines just go through the armor doing more damage?))

(ooc Armor protected you it's shield lost some effectiveness)))

Georgi's shots slam home into his target, and this time something curiously seems to make them hurt it more. It disintegrates in a ichor explosion and Amane pulls out the spines still in her. "Damn. So that's what countermeasures do against these things."

There was still one left. Amane smiled. She darted in and made three lightning quick slashes, amputating it's tails and arms.

"Finish it Georgi."

She backed off to give Georgi the shot and answered Eiji. "Pursue the smaller monsters, clear the rest of the ship. Kai and Masane are in Engineering, Georgi and I are here at the core. Raisho is on the bridge. I leave the rest to you and those with you."

------

Inside the core room Lily saw Ratheros in a different light. She was hissing horribly her fur standing up as the purple-haired man from earlier extended his arm which split into dozens of tendrils towards the core ship.

The Jewel in her forehead blazed and a laser shot out, amputating the tendrils, which promptly grew back. "I can keep this up all day you know. One way or the other you will be mine. He looks back to Lily. "You too."

The effects from the countermeasures were fascinating and effective. Already Georgi's wounds were healing closed, partially due to the suit, but mostly from his own regenerative abilities.

"With pleasure," Georgi said, as he fired two more shots into the beast.

Attacks 1 and 2: 18, 16

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1879309/

Damage 100

Defense 1 and 2: 13, 16

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1879311/

HP: (90)100/100 {Regeneration 7}

EP: 110/110

Georgi's shots finish off the Invader and Amane keys in the access code.. and finds she can't make it open.

"What the hell?"

----

Inside Lily hears the gunshots. Tendrils begin reaching for her looking to assimilate her as well.

(roll me your defenses)

For a moment taken offguard by the sound of shots outside, Lily is forced to leap back to try to avoid the oncoming tentacles. Then she surges forward, slashing first at the tendrils, then at the purple-haired menace that's spawning them!

(Defense 1: 19, Defense 2: 16)

(Attack 1: 19, Attack 2: 21)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1882051/

The first Tendril encircles her leg, wrapping around it and hoisting her up into the air. Another one quickly grabs at her right arm and grasps it. the suprise in this is that both bypass her field as if it wasn't there. Her free arm lashes out hacking herself free and the purplehaired man simply smiles.

"I can keep this up all day you know. and sooner or later I'll find the access point on your ship and it will be mine. Long before you can finish this."

Valerie is astounded when Lily dissapears with a scream, the bay clear for the moment she was alone with Geoff. "We have to find Lily!"

Speeding out of the room Valerie used the wrench she found to swat any of the minor enemies as she used her sonar capability to try and find Lily throughout the ship.

Geoff gave a sigh, saying "I wish someone hadn't taken my bloody guns than put me in a fight." as he holstered the knife. He stood at attention while his mind wandered the ship, looking to connect with the girl called Lily. "Come on, Lily. Where are you.. " He said out loud and in his head.

(Telepathy = 16)

Eiji notices that Valerie has gone off and calls after her.

"Valerie, Lilly went to the cargo bay that has her ship seed in it. It's this way if that's where you want to go."

With that he turns and leads the way to the bay, cutting a path through any intervening Invaders on the way.

Geoff doesn't actually find Lily, it's as if this other psychic presence is masking hers. It's overwhelming, and then the presence turns. "Hello Human, I was unaware your race had managed to learn this ability. The Hive will be intrigued by this information. I don't have time for you now, but I'll make some later." He feels his psychic sense ejected from the room, but at least now he knows how to get there.

It's slow going through the ship, there alot of Invaders and without the others or the SDz Valerie doesn't make great time.

Eiji continues hacking away at all the smaller ones, slaying them all with minimal effort.

"Don't be so confident," Lily replies coldly. "Your 'diversion' has failed. It's only a matter of time before others start showing up here."

"And you haven't even seen all of what I can do yet."

She vanishes. The invader finds himself virtually surrounded by Lily then...a wavering image that vanishes and reappears, making it almost impossible to predict where the next attack is coming from, or where to aim the counter attack.

(flash steps for 15ep!)

Attack 1: 22

Attack 2: 24

Defense 1: 25

Defense 2: 22

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1884019/

108 per hit, reduces armor 12

Her slashes slice through the arm attempting to assimilate the ship, and she narrowly avoids getting hit by the tentacles from the other arm. One thing that is suprising is the almost bored look on the invader's face, as if he were hoping for something more. "Impressive for a lower lifeform I suppose, but come now. Someone of such a pedigree as yourself clearly can do more. Look, my wounds are already healing."

True enough his wounds were healing up, something that no other invader's had done after she attacked them. Both his hands reconfigured into a form of Energy cannon with a Wide bore.

"Show me something special before I decide to blast holes in this ship. We can survive in space, I daresay your little friends cannot." To make his point both guns began charging with black energy.

outside Amane and Georgi heard the exchange and Amane got Georgi to stand back. "I'll just have to break it down." She took a stance and just as in Zinv, she began to enter her Berserker mode. Hir fists echoed on the massive door, denting it with each punch. Georgi could hear it give with each blow, getting him closer to where it would help.

Inside Lily heard the clanging on the door and saw the gun swing towards it. "I can start there if you like. Being compressed to a singularity hurts like hell from what I understand."

It looks at her with cold black eyes. "Now Impress me."

She had no choice. It was now or never.

Her lips felt leaden as they formed the word.

"Ban...kai."

And for a horrible moment, nothing happened. Then, just as she was ready to panic, she felt the burning in her heart. Fear crystallized and grew edges and became anger. She didn't see it, but she could feel it happening; knew that light was crawling out from her heart along her veins and arteries, changing her from a creature of flesh and blood into a thing of radiance. It was heat too great to bear, but that didn't burn. Light too powerful to endure, but that didn't blind. And something infinitely greater than she, yet part of her and she of it, moved into her...through her. With her.

"Avatar of Light!"

The deck plate screamed and twisted under her feet as her energy field expanded around her. Fortunately the cargo bay was large...designed to accommodate massive crates of goods stacked high. It could accommodate her transformed state even as it towered over the purple-haired Invader.

The gigantic sword appeared in her shimmering hand, a wicked curved thing. She struck carefully, slicing sideways and stabbing, so as not to breach the hull.

"Well? Impressed yet?"

(3 attacks, 3 defenses)

(Attack 1: 24, Attack 2: 20 and Attack 3: 20)

(Defense 1: 21, Defense 2: 18, Defense 3: 16)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1885827/

415 damage per hit, negates 12 armor

Amane stops, and reverts to normal. She spears Georgi with a look that could slag titanium armor. "Did she just say BANKAI?!?!?!"

She turns around and frowns. She presses the stud on her collar. "RURI I need cargobay 2 unlocked now. Possible Tier 10+ contact and Alien Hypermode, Code BK-001."

"Understood."

The door unlocked with a hiss and Amane grabbed ahold of it and pulled, showing it back into the slot. She got treated to a full view of Lily in her Avatar form, smiting the Invader there. She heard the disembodied voice after it was gone. "Very impressed, yes indeed." Ratheros appeared beneath the Avatar of light as it turned towards the door.

"Stay behind me Georgi. This sort of thing should not happen. Aliens can't utilize Bankai. They just can't."

"Lily, It's Amane. Are you ok?" It was easy to see Amane was actually nervous, as her hands hovered over the hilt for Hyounmaru.

A little surprised in spite of herself, Lily looked around suspiciously when the voice whispered in her ear. Was it still here? Had it survived?

No and yes, she realized. The energy sword had destroyed this invader's body...but the thing's essence was elsewhere. This had only been some kind of...avatar.

Finally she turns in place to face Georgi and Amane, hovering over the dent in the cargo room's floor. The oversized sword dissolves into particles and vanishes.

"I'm fine," she replies in that two-toned voice. "I just...I guess I overreacted when I couldn't hurt him normally."

The glowing face made up of lines of energy smiles.

"He had it coming though."

Then it's all breaking up, breaking away. The giant warrior image is streaming off as if it was nothing more than sand in a strong wind. The bright heart of it, where Lily's real self was, lowered gently to the deck and faded back into her skin. The Princess wobbled, but didn't quite fall over.

"I hope this is finished. That's all I had left."

With a delighted mewing cry, Ratheros leaps up into her arms and presses into Lily's chest, prompting a laugh and a hug from her.

The entire ship shook in the next moment, rocked by massive waves of power. Then Amane recieves a com from Kai. "Engineering secure sorry about the quake, Masane and I got carried away up here with some tier sixes. Is everything okay, Is Lily Okay?"

Amane looks over to Lily, then to Georgi. "Yes Kai I think so. I also think we all need to sit down and talk with Akina. She has to know about this."

She keys off the com. "Georgi, take Lily to the infirmiry, let her rest. Guard her. I'll coordinate with Eiji and clear the ship."

The next hour goes quickly enough as the Invaders are hunted down and exterminated. The Archangel suffered major damage, but was still capable of fighting. They had suffered casualties, but that was expected in a war. Together with the Circinus Fleet the returned to Lunar orbit. Word awaited them that the Macross and Nadesico had engaged the fifth fleet and annihilated it, capturing only one ship, a troop carrier loaded with drones that hadn't been able to deploy. They were returning with about four prisoners, but did not provide names.

(OOC this ends this session 10 cp to everyone)

Archived