Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - First Day of Work

Dawn OOC

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tesseract looked at the girl, then at Vixen. A faint crease appeared between her eyebrows as she tried to grasp what the problem was here.

"I can move us all back to the police with no delay. At that time this girl would be safe, we would have served the law, and we will be in a position to learn what wish to know from her. But you have not asked me to do this. Why?"

Hovering over the city, Primax exulted at his successes. He had done it! He had saved the City! Okay, he had saved a small fraction of the city, but this was his first day.

Gracefully, he arched back down toward the earth, the city, and his comrades and enemies. He was the city's hero even if this was only for a moment. Flying rapidly to the metropolis beneath him, he winged into the warehouse through the opening he had left when he flew away.

"Omega, Brightstar, um Brightstar, let's join the others and see that they are okay on their end. Let's move it."

The young man blossomed with exuberance.

Omega's head swiveled round to face Brightstar, his hand hovered over where the computer had been for a moment longer before it fell to his side. "There was an incoming signal, a verification check of sorts. With the system taken off line I needed to report back the proper status phrase lest the computer and this facility self destruct. Knowing I had little time to sift through gigabytes of information I raised the alarm for you as best I could while maintaining maximum search efficiency. Clearly it worked."

Omega's stare really said all that was needed but he was not used to feeling. Was it embarrassment? No he did not feel that he had done anything wrong. Irritation then, Brightstar had all but implied that he was not up to spec. "Was I given the full allotment of time I feel confident that I could have given the proper reply or shut down the self destruct. Just because this technology is comparatively primitive does not mean that my control over it is absolute." Was that a touch of huffiness in his reply?

"I think that would depend upon what you have to tell us. What made you choose to raid that particular storage bay, and do you know who it is registered to? What were you hoping to get from it, and who were you intending to sell it to?"

Primax comes hovering in overhead. He has a majestic gleam to his demeanor, like he's too cock-sure of himself.

"The signal led back to a warehouse. Omega went wonky, but Brightstar is staying with him. Ditto is ..." he looks around, "somewhere."

"The big machine went critical so I shoved it into the Bay. What's going on here?"

Originally Posted By: Brightstar
The actual emotion in his voice suprised her. "No, you weren't. My own failings have me agitated Omega. I guess neither of us is as ready for this as we thought we were."

Omega simply nods and stares off toward the scene of the earlier fight. "Should we rejoin our compatriots or stay here and await an investigative team?"

He smiles over at Brightstar, still giddy with power.

"The others have captured a girl, though I'm not sure why? She seems caught up in the beasts we defeated earlier. They are debating interrogating her, or handing her over to the authorities."

He looks down at the assembly.

"Should we go down and help?"

He shrugs,

"I guess so."

and descends.

Looking at the girl,

"Hey there," his smile shines, "what's the problem here?"

Click to reveal..

Diplomacy Check (13:27:23) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 1d20 and gets 13 + 16 (if she finds him attractive, +8 otherwise) = 29. BE MY FRIEND!

"Oh, please help, they're gonna take me to da cops, and I offered ta talk to them but they're just gonna do it anyway!" she said, her large brown eyes shining with tears. The shine on her nose was less appealing, but her emotion was genuine.

Primax extends a hand to her, his eyes kind and his demeanor heroic,

"Tell my friends what they need to know and I'll fly you home myself. I promise."

Primax is already trying to pick up the girl (he's still flying a bit) and pulling her aloft in his comforting grip. Holding her against his chest, they remain only about an extra foot of the ground. Primax hopes this will inspire her to greater trust, not frighten her.

The girl took a deep breath, her vest glittering as she did so. "My tribe-mates and me, we heard about this stash of stuff, and we broke in to get it. It was some of Dr. Dread's old stuff - he's got hiding holes all over the city. And then something killed them," she said. After a moment, she was crying, this time, over her killed tribe members.

Ahhhhh, thanks for consulting with us first, Primax, not like we need a united front or anythi -

"Doctor Dread? Ut oh." Vixen wasn't that up to date on the comics and goings of super-villains, but she knew the name and the cachet attached to it. If Dread was involved it was bad news. Vixen bit down on her protest to Primax and listened instead.

"Tell us where the 'stash' is," Tesseract suggests stoically.

After a moment of watching the girl cry and sniffle though, Tesseract finds herself frowning slightly in puzzlement. She understood the principle of sympathy easily enough, but the current situation didn't seem to fit. She had no ties to the young criminal, no stake in her future, no common acquaintances, barely even any -interest- in. Yet seeing her in such grief was creating an echo of sorrow in her as well.

Peculiar...but also irritating.

He looks at the girl and smiles. She's already had a hell of a day. She's suffered a loss. She doesn't need jail tacked on to this.

"Home it is Chicka. Give me directions and I'll put you at your front door."

He lifted up off the higher into the sky, gently moved her body around until he was carrying her in both arms as if she weighed nothing.

Tesseract frowned.

"If that's what we're doing, in defiance of local law, then I can send her home without causing one of us to be absent for a period of time."

She paused, then added, "I would like to say as well that I think this course is in error."

Calling down to the confused Super Heroine,

"Sometimes doing the right things means you bend the law, Tess. She's suffered enough. Her friends are dead. Come on now."

Still, he didn't fly away. Primax held his position. He may not be all that bright, but he was pretty sure he knew what was right.

"That is contrary to the agreements we signed when accepting positions with Harmony City," Tesseract points out. "It also negates the existence of a criminal justice system if those entrusted to enforce the law make judicial decisions in the field."

Her gaze on Primax was steady, unblinking, and devoid of approval or disapproval. She was reciting facts.

"Is this the custom? To have one set of rules written, but obey an entirely different set of rules in practice?"

What she said made perfect sense.

But, there was a girl in his arm.

Then came the sentance about the custom and something clicked.

"You try to do what the law says, but you have to do what's right when there is a conflict between the two. It isn't about doing what you want, but what you would like done for you - if you were in their shoes. Understand what I'm saying?"

Vixen whispers something in Tesseract's ear.

Click to reveal..
"How about this: you take the two of them back to where she lives, note the address, and we'll tell the cops where she lives so that they can heck on it later. I don't think we have the time to argue and he's probably not gonna budge. We can hash it out later when there's fewer killer robots running around.

Tesseract looks askance at Vixen and says, "This is acceptable?"

She then walks over to the girl and says, "It has been proposed that I take you back to your home. You will need to tell me where it is relative to our present location. A direction and approximate distance will be sufficient."

The girl stared at Tesseract. "Um... it's thataway," she said, pointing northwest, "but I don't know how far. A couple of miles, maybe more." She grabbed a bit tighter to Primax's neck. "Weren't you going to fly me home?"

"I thought I was too," said the dark-haired Adonis. "If we are done here, we'll be off. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Unless something was said, Primax took off in the direction his female companion indicated.

"That-a-way?," he joked with her, "Well, I hope you know the streets, because I'm lousy with them - still. I hope to get better with all this superhero practice."

He held her close and didn't fly to fast (that was chilly) as he made her way to her home.

Tessaract watches them go, eyebrows drawn slightly inward in a frown.

"If she was so impatient to get home, teleporting would be instant, while flying will take time. She seems mentally unbalanced."

Abruptly she was all business then.

"What is the next course of action? We need to transport the machines and bodies somewhere to be researched?"

Archived