Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - First Day of Work

Dawn OOC

"Okay. Okay, let me aside, I'm gonna - please let me through - "

Before I turn you all into no no stop that.

She lays hands upon the cop again, and tries once more, to make the wounds fictional where they were once fact.

Click to reveal..
Another Heal check for him to remove the worst of his conditions at +9. Vixen will keep trying until she is unsuccessful at which point she'll try more conventional Medicine rolls at +10.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cop's breathing eased even more, and his eyes fluttered open. "Wha... what happened?"

"You've been hurt," Vixen said, gently holding him down. "Just relax."

"The girl... what... where is she?"

"Girl?" Vixen frowned, looking around to see if she missed another injured person.

"She said... monsters chasing her... have to help her." He was weakly trying to move. "Need the radio, call for backup... to help her."

Looking over to Dwarfstar, Primax looks either grim, or concerned, depending on your perceptions of just how bright Primax was.

"Well, the signal leads back to this big machine-computer thing and now Omega is trying to either talk to it, shut it down, or take it over. I'm not sure which and he didn't say before he stuck his 'thingie' into it."

Primax dind't add that he would have been a bit more cautious about what strange thing he would stick his own 'thingie' into. This thing looked kind of skanky and old for his tastes. Better to just kick it to the curb. Kick it really hard and stuff.

"DSG, slim, Hispanic." The cop was breathing heavily and his face was pained, but he was clearly going to live. "Told her to run... was looking..." He paused and lifted his head, then pointed toward the parking lot. "Was looking that way and didn't see her, so she went behind me..."

"Okay. Tess, I'm gonna see what I can do to... uh. To sniff this woman out. She might be in danger. She might also be in trouble. I'll need to borrow this - " Vixen points to the radio at the cop's belt. "So I can stay in contact. Contact me, if you have any information to share, okay, Tess?"

"We need to make sure these - " She spreads her hands, indicating the downed ani-borgs. "Don't get back up, right? If you think they're unlikely to get back up, then sure, you can come along. As long as you're really, really sure."

Tesseract looked at herself, then around at the world, which suddenly looked very large indeed to the senses of her body.

She could see how it -might- have been done, shunting her partially into higher level geometries...it would explain why she was suffering no symptoms that being this small would normally inflict. She hadn't lost mass, or volume. Her relationship with the universe had simply been altered.

"How did you do this?" she asks, looking back up at Vixen's towering form.

"Magic. Shorthand for 'I don't know.' C'mere. I gotta - hold on - pockets."

Obediantly, a pocket sprouts out of her dress. She picks Tesseract up gently, and tucks her inside. "Now hang on."

Straining to sniff out the scent of a woman, Vixen and micro-Tess head out in the direction indicated by the cop.

Omega's head turns and regards Brightstar but something in his eyes tells her he's not actually looking at her but instead simply affecting the gesture. "This computer appears to be an automatic system maintaining the facility. The cybernetic organisms appear to be defensive mechanisms, they mush have been activated by these two," he points to the bodies. "I have deactivated the alarm and shut down the remaining programs. It should be safe. I am going to attempt to determine if there was a backup network or signal which may lead us to whomever or whatever set this facility up."

Primax alights beside the Chrome-domed champion, looking gallant, if not particularly ethusiastic.

"Okay, so their is no need to break it. I imagine we should contact the police and have them come and cart this thing away. Can you give them a ring? It beats me flying out and flagging down a patrol car."

Dwarfstar hovers nearby, "Sounds like you've got it all under control at this end. I'll go and check on Vixen and Tess, see how the tidy up is going."

With that Dwarfstar teleports back to the front of the market where the police officer was attacked, arriving just in time to see Vixen taking off.

I wonder where she is off to, and where Tess has gone. Well it looks like they have taken care of all the 'borgs so there is no danger left here. I may as well go see what she is up to.

He flies after Vixen, catching up using a teleport if necessary.

"Hi Vixen, whats going on?"

Omega et al

A sudden signal contacts the computer. It is a ping command, and it is waiting for a response. Omega has only moments (for him, it is literally seconds) to find and emit the proper response, or something will happen.

Vixen & Tessa

The girl's scent was mixed with a distinctive smell of fear, making her that much easier to track. They only walked a short way before finding a girl slumped on a park bench clearly worn out. Seeing Vixen and Dwarfstar, she jumped up and started to run again.

"Oh." Omega utters the one word as the signal surprises even him. With no time to issue a proper warning to the others Omega dives deep into the computer system in an attempt to locate the proper reply to the signal. He has only enough time to issue a single command to his dermal nanites trusting that they can complete their task and provide enough time for the others to react should he be unable to send the reply signal. As Brightstar and Primax look on Omega's skin color begins to flash between his normal chrome and a bright red.

Click to reveal..
(08:02:04) (Omega): Computers (+15) check

(08:02:07) ChatBot: (Omega) rolls 1d20 and gets 17.

Result = 32

On hearing Vixen's words, Tesseract surmises that the girl is trying to flee. She struggles momentarily in the pocket, but finds getting purchase on the fabric is difficult.

So she teleports out, appearing on the ground about twenty feet ahead of Vixen.

From there she assesses the situation and her next move.

Tessa & Vixen

"No way! You're cops!" The girl said, running. She wasn't running very well, though; clearly, she was already exhausted. That didn't abate the risk to Tesseract, who was in her path. The strange girl dove to the side as the girl stomped past her.

Click to reveal.. (OOC Rolls)
Tessa's roll, DC 20: 22, pass

1d20+9=22

Omega

The screen flashed a single word: Destruct. Behind it, the old symbol used by Dr. Dread flashed on the screen, a mark that hadn't been seen in Harmony City in decades.

Omega saw the computer begin to order the various batteries and energy sources to overheat. He had only a few seconds to stop it; already temperature in the room was rising.

Click to reveal..
The bomb's init is 22. You have some rounds before it completely blows. I'm not saying how many. Please reroll your inits.

Omega did something irrational and illogical, something he'd never done before; he froze up. It was milliseconds, fractions of instants and yet it was time he didn't have.

Click to reveal..
(13:29:29) (Omega): Init (+5)

(13:29:33) ChatBot: (Omega) rolls 1d20 and gets 1.

Result = 6

Hearing the girls response Dwarfstar swoops in lower after her and attempts to entrap her amidst a field of cosmic forces.

Click to reveal..

Attempts to use his Snare 10 on her.

(19:03:35) ChatBot: (Dwarfstar) rolls 1d20 and gets 4.

4 + Attack 8 = 12 to hit

Sorry can't remember what I need to hit!

Damn, need to improve my aim by the looks of it.

"Stop Miss, we only want to talk to you for some information."

When she doesn't obey he attempts again to ensare her.

Click to reveal..

Another Snare 10 attempt.

(11:12:16) ChatBot: (Dwarfstar) rolls 1d20 and gets 8. + 8 =16

Well I suppose it's slightly better than last time.

"Oh, no it doesn't!" Primax exclaims. "Not in my city!"

He steps up to the machine, eyes it for a moment then reaches around its base and yanks it upward. Metal screams and snaps. The massive machine tilts awkwardly and for a second it appears as if it is going to topple onto the magnetic hero and crush him.

"Got it!" he shouts as he balances the burden. Suddenly Omega and BrightStar can see him lift off the ground and beginning flying up. He accelerates up and into the roof.

Click to reveal..

Primax is going to fly through the roof and out over the water, buring a Hero Point for speed. Once they are out beyond the harbor, if he makes it that far, he'll throw it into the water to cushion the explosion ... or so he hopes.

Dwarfstar teleports down to were the girl is caught in his cosmic field.

"Right, lets start again shall we? My name is Dwarfstar, these are Tesseract and Vixen, we are all members of the new City Defenders team. Now I'm sure that you may have been involved in commiting a crime this morning, but I'm not particularly interested in that right now. What I am interested in is where these animal cyborgs came from and anything you can tell us about it?"

Primax

The overheating computer is awkward to balance, all the more for its unweldly shape. But if Primax is good at one thing, it's bringing overwhelming force to conquer a situation and so the bulky mainframe remains balanced on his shoulders.

It's a marvelous sight to the citizens of the city, as he flew out over the harbor. For so long they had been without a hero, and now here was one in action. It took a few more moments for them to connect his being in action with them potentially being in danger, but the sense of security was nice while it lasted.

Out over the harbor, Primax heaved the machine a bit further, well away from anything. It had just started to fall when it began to slag, dripping molten metal into the water far below.

Dwarfstar, Vixen, Tessa

"I ain't talking," the girl said, jutting her chin out. "I gots rights... I want my lawyer."

Silas watches as the rest of the team handles the computer. Breaking contact, Silas looks to inform his other companions when he noticed they had taken off. Silas heads over to the injured cop to find out where they heck the ladies had gotten off to. I hope there's not more of those things running loose.

The girl suddenly looked terrified, like Vixen had started to curb-stomp her mom in front of her. "They... they killed my friends." The tears that rolled down her face and the sudden fear made her look like the kid she was instead of the tough street kid she'd been trying to be.

Archived