Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - First Day of Work

Dawn OOC

Tessaract glanced at the creatures who'd managed to find their way back to the bottleneck of the 'wrinkle' she'd stowed them in. Two seemed incapacitated, or nearly so.

She focused on one who seemed about to act and performed a manipulation of the parameters of local spacetime. From the point of view of the strange creature, suddenly everything around it started to stretch away, far out of its reach. From the point of view of everyone else, a sort of blurred outline surrounded it, and it seemed to get smaller, as the space around it was compressed.

(Paralyze! Reflex DC 20 to escape the distortion. If it fails by less than 5, it's slowed. By 5 or more it's paralyzed. By 10 or more, and it's helpless.)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silas air had successfully keep the crowd from the danger of the creatures, while his companions dealt with the treat in a quick and efficient manner, by which even he was impressed by. I have chosen my allies very well.

The fleeing creatures had come into his view, and without missing a beat Silas once again invoked the mystic powers he controlled. "Magicus telum!" he shouted as a blast of fire shot forward streaking toward the closest fleeing creature.

OOC: Switching alt powers from elemental Air to blast.

8 ranks in blast

(10:38:42) ChatBot: (Silas) rolls 1d20 and gets 13 + 8= 21.)

Omega tuned down to the frequency of the command order and pinpointed the location. This required him to move laterally to the nearest of the creatures in order to properly triangulate the source of the signal. After a few seconds Omega locked into the source. "I have you now," he said, unaware of the pop culture relevance of the phrase and its unintended comic effect for anybody within earshot.

Click to reveal..

Searching for the source of the transmission, full round action.

(17:03:32) (Omega): Search Check vs Dc 17 - Search skill 5 + 10 mod from Int (+15 total)

(17:03:37) ChatBot: (Omega) rolls 1d20 and gets 5.

Result = 20 pass

"Jesus, he's been mauled, and something tried to drill a hole in his head..."

We can get him to a hospital - Tesseract can teleport him - except there's no time - and if he moves he might die - so - so -

There's just me. Just me and him dying. I can save him.

Her abilities were inexplicable. Beyond the bounds of science and a rational universe. But the wounded officer wouldn't care about that, and his family would only care whether he lived or died. So Vixen took a deep breath, and laid her hands upon him.

"Be well again."

Click to reveal..

Using Vixen's Healing power from her magic array. She grants a +9 on recovery checks for the cop - either to stabilize him or to remove his most extreme wounds as needed.

Guest D_Brightstar

As the beast came back into existence Ditto/Brightstar cursed inwardly. She winced and pulled out all the stops firing upon the beast with everything she had and blasted Vixen's newest threat.

As the golden energy orb slammed into the critter Brightstar screamed, "Oh, heck ya! In yo face. I swear Vix, you're high maintenance, ya know that!"

Click to reveal..

Standard Action = Attack

Attack Roll = Roll(d20+9)20,+9 Total:29 (Threat!)

Attack Roll = Roll(d20+9)11,+9 Total:20 (Critical!)

Attack +5, Accurate +4. Total Bonus: +9

Precise Shot negates the -4 for firing at opponents that are engaged in combat.

Seeing that Vixen had aided the injured policeman, Tesseract decided the best idea would be to remove him to a safer location. The creatures she'd interred were slowly, but steadily, starting to re-emerge...something she couldn't do much about short of recapturing them.

But she suspected the presence of the injured man was distracting her teammates and lowering their effectiveness.

Her eyes rested briefly on his prone figure...and with a little 'whoosh' noise he seemed to contract to a point and vanish.

Meanwhile, over where the rest of the cops were tensely watching the battle, the same wooshing noise alerted them to the arrival of their down, but not out, comrade.

(Using Teleport "attack" on wounded police officer to zap him back to the others on scene. If he's still unconscious, he gets no chance to evade this. If he IS conscious, and wishes to try, it's a DC 17 Reflex save.)

Damm, that blast should have fried that thing back into the hellish depths it came from. Time to end this once and for all." Silas calls upon his mystical forces once again "Rapax manus manus!" No sooner than he speaks the words the earth around the creature forms into tiny little hands that grab the creature in an attempt to trap it in place.

(OOC:Elemental control:Earth(Snare)roll:

(02:40:57) ChatBot: (Silas) rolls 1d20 and gets 13 + 5 ranks=18

creature makes a reflex save to avoid snare

Ditto-Brightstar's attack struck the creature, sending it staggering. A heartbeat later, Silas' incantation took effect. The hands caught and grabbed, and the creature was caught. It doesn't thrash as much as drop to it's belly, dazed and confused, unable to act.

Omega's form ripples slightly as internal structures adapt for optimized structural power. Simultaneously he switches his short range radio transmitter to the group's frequency. "I have located a signal which appears to be controlling or at least providing operational parameters to these creatures. I have triangulated its position and can track it back to the source. We should proceed together, there may be more of these constructs guarding the source."

Guest D_Brightstar

"Sounds like a plan Oh-Mega Dude." Brightstar hovers low looking over her allies and enemies. "And your idea is a good one too Dwarf. So you chill here and pop some hotness into the hinies of cyber-uglies and we'll go handle the 6 o'clock news stuff."

Vixen stands, a bit shaky. "How about Tess and I stay behind, make sure these things don't get back up, and once Omega has found the location Tess can teleport the two of us there? Omega doesn't sound like he has a precise fix yet."

Guest D_Brightstar

"Well, y'all lemme know what you come with!" Without another word 'Brightstar' soars off in the direction Omega had pointed to moments before.

Silas releases his hold on the creature once he realizes that it's been incapacitated. To far away to hear the banter of his teammates, Silas can only watch as some of them take flight. Those damm fools, running off without any type of plan. I hope it doesn't get them killed.

Silas makes his way over to the remaining team members. "Looks like we got stuck with cleanup duty. Any idea where the others took off to in such a hurry?"

Tesseract nods at Silas.

"Omega found the source of a signal that was controlling these," she replies. "He and the others are going to that source now. Vixen and I are staying behind to deal with the ones that are left."

She gives Silas a curious look, wondering which group he'll elect to join.

Silas ponders Tesseract's question for a moment before answering. "I will remain behind with to two. I can keep track of what the others are doing so when we are ready to join them we will know what their situation is before we arrive."

Knowing that time was of the essence he quickly locates a shard of broken glass. Focusing him mind and powers Silas reaches out with his senses to find the others location.

(Using ESP 8 ranks: range 2,000 miles, visual and auditory)

"In this form I have a top speed of 250 ... miles per hour. You need not carry me." Omega takes off like a shot moving slow enough initially to ensure the others are following before accelerating quickly to nearly two hundred mile per hour. As he approaches the location of the transmission he slows and radios to the others, "That building there, the signal's origin is within."

Omega approached cautiously. His programming warned him of a human fondness for ambushes in apparently unoccupied buildings. His sensors weren't picking up life. As he landed and knelt to see under the door, he saw why there were no life scans: the two humans bodies before him were beyond the capacity to sustain life. Beyond the corpses, he saw a room full of machines. His initial assessment placed them well over three decades old, out-dated even by Earth's primitive standards.

He could not sense any danger within the building, only that signal, trying to send orders to soldiers no longer active.

Omega's visual overlay includes thermographic display and he confirms no living humans. Or at least none that are not in a stasis tube. "There are two dead people here. He throws the door open and moves in toward the computer systems. "However the computer system controlling the creatures is definitely here and active." Omega's form shifts subtly and he extrudes a tendril into the computer system. "I shall attempt to recall any of the active units here so that we can deactivate all of them."

Click to reveal..

(17:35:18) (jameson): Omega: Computers Check (+15)

(17:35:22) ChatBot: (jameson) rolls 1d20 and gets 18.

Result = 33

Primax floats in, staying close to Omega and keeping an eye out for trouble. His initial impulse is to kick this machine that controlled so much carnage, but he let's Omega do the smart thing instead. He gives a friendly warning to his silver skinned compatriot,

"Omega, make sure that thing doesn't end up controlling you, okay?"

Vixen

The cop was dying before her intervention; now he was hanging onto life, gasping air. He's been torn open pretty badly, like pictures she's seen of animal maulings. Also, an attempt has been made to bore into the side of his head; blood oozes from a wound that shows bone through it.

Silas

Using the glass, Silas followed the others as they explore the abandoned building.

Everyone else

The two men look around as Omega "dials into" the other system. Most of the weapons in here - ranging from grenade launching sling shots to laser rifles - were clearly out-dated and obsolete.

Omega found the program transmitting orders, and shut it down. When that was done, he began to access the other files. It was a very old machine, set to maintaining the facility. But over time, the programming had become unstable. Only the Guardian system - the strange hybrids they had seen - still in full working order.

Archived