Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris, A Clash of Champions

Justin OOC

Roshi spoke to each of them at length about what they could do, and how they could call upon their seals to access even further powers. The power was unable to fuel a spell, but it could be used for other efforts. Georgi adapted his Seal's power into being able to magically upgrade the damage of his firearm through a rare form of Alchemical spell. Roshi nodded his assent in it and smiled as he told him now I'll give you one more for the road. Roshi told him of the forbidden spell within him. "Call upon it if you need it, but be prepared, it will require an immense amount of mana from you to cast."

The next two days were rigorous, but all of the team stayed occupied... At last the day came for them to depart. They did so at dawn once again in the cart, Though Ibis remained at the Inn. Growler drove this time, having reappeared and explaining his absence as Arich had summoned him for another mission a few days before and he had only just recently returned. It was Long odds each of them knew. Saito, Valerie, Lily, Growler, Georgi, and Kai versus Gilgamesh, Lancer, Zaraki, Lawrence, Asia, Ryoko, Suzuka,and Archer.

Each of them had chosen their initial targets, they had a loose battleplan and lines of support planned out. Kai would take on Archer and Suzuka in the duels agreed to, much as Lily would handle Ryoko hopefully. Saito was to summon his mecha and try to take down Zaraki quickly. Growler said he'd hold Asia for awhile, while Valerie and Georgi would focus on taking down Lawrence and Lancer, then hopefully switch to help with Asia. Providing they all won they'd then go after Gilgamesh. Roshi gave them the idea that he would only engage if attacked, or if all the others were defeated. If anyone would know, it would have to be him, he seemed to know far too much for a little wrinkled old man.

The first day of traveling towards their goal in the mountains brought nothing, simply wearing on everyone's nerves. They ate and took turns on watch, and broke camp in the morning. They reached a great plateau and like a mirage there seemed to be another group on the other side.

Gilgamesh smiles as he greets them. "Well, prepare yourselves as you will then. I hope you all don't prove too boring." He vanishes back behind the others who come walking from the haze each with weapons ready. Lawrence's summon was already present further worsening the odds.

Kai nodded to the others and gave Lily and a comforting squeeze of the shoulder and walked forward, his other hand on Senbonzakura. Archer and Suzuka walked forward and Archer nodded and smiled. As Suzuka nodded. "No Distractions."

"As per our agreement Lady Suzuka." Archer looked up and plunged his sword into the earth as he chanted his greatest spell.

"I am the bone of my sword,

Steel is my body and Fire is my blood.

I have created over a thousand blades,

Unknown to death, and unknown to life.

Through the centuries, I have withstood great pain to create many weapons for you,

Yet the hands I speak of will never hold anything ever again.

So as I pray to you, I pray, give me Unlimited Blade Works!"

A great Glyph formed beneath him engulfing Kai, Suzuka and himself and they vanished.

Gilgamesh shrugged. "Using his Reality Marble off the bat, that's rather boring.. but he's as good as Dead, nobody survives fighting him in his privare reality, he's truly unbeatable there."

Zaraki cracks his knuckles and smiles. "More for me to play with then." He smiles and begins glowing yellow. "You know, that little pilot girl sure had alot of fire n her, before we had our fun. even when I crushed her hands completely she jus kept fighting. It made what happened afterwards all the sweeter." Lancer nods. "She was a regular hellcat big man I'll give ya that, but we put her in her place i think." His eyes turned blood red as a ghostly red aura surrounded him.

Ryoko snorts. "You're both disgusting pigs, and if it weren't for the seals still on me and used for your benefit I'd have struck you both down." She starts heading to Lily, an energy claymore forming in her hands. "Let's do this cousin, the sooner it's done the sooner we can all be free."

Asia stays near Lawrence Even as Growler heads her way brandishing his Naginata. He assumes his bear form even as she takes on herhalfbeast form. "Stay out of harms way Lawrence, I'll kill them all quickly and this will be done, then we can go home."

Growler shakes his head. "I've been killing your kind for days now Ctarl-Ctarl, you'll just be one more added to my tally." Asia tore off at him and he stood ready to defend.

(((OOC everyone post whatever preparations you want to take and post your Initiative, attack and defense rolls and actions. I will award CP once this is done.)))

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Initiative: 23)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790534/

He turned to face Lawrence and Lancer. If ever there was a time to use his newly discovered abilities, it was here. Lancer was gunning for him and it was to the death. Georgi wanted to make sure that it was Lancer's blood that pooled on the battlefield, and not his.

Using what he'd been taught about his seal, Georgi activated it. A blue light burst forth from the symbol and a slight tingling sensation ran down his left arm from where the symobol lay scribed into his shoulder. The light flared briefly when it reached his hand. When it dimmed, his hand clutched a menacing clip of bullets. Without pause, he ejected the old clip and slammed in the new one. His MP-90 seemed to hum with energy as he brought the muzzle up and pointed it at Lancer. Lawrence was the lesser threat at the moment. Unless he became a greater on than Lancer, Georgi would focus all his attacks on Lancer.

A shockwave of air buffeted Georgi's body as a loud explosion blasted from the weapon in his hand. The round screamed from the submachine gun, as the weapon itself shook so violently, that he almost lost his grip on it. The magic of the seal left a bright thin trail of light along the rounds trajectory.

(Attack 1- Activating Seal)

(Attack 2- 14)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790932/

(Defense 1: 12)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790896/

(Defense 2: 19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790934/

"So are you ready Cousin?"

Lily nods. In her right hand a blade of energy appears, long and light and slightly curved...an unconscious imitation of the Japanese katanas she's been seeing used around her for so long. Her other hand gleams with shining blue light, ready to launch a barrage of blasts. "I hope you've been getting practice, 'demon Ryoko,'" Lily says with a grin. "Because I sure have." With that she starts running towards Ryoko to start the engagement!

Ryoko nods. "We play to five touches, Now, Our table is set, let us begin!" She dashes towards Lily at blinding speed, bringing her energy claymore around in a vicious side arc. The blade impacts on Lily's neck, but the backswing and reverse slash following it misses cleanly, leaving her defense open

Lily leans away from the touch, cursing as she dodges the followup stroke...but just as fast her eyes narrow. An opening! With a sudden feint to the right, she spins around and gives Ryoko a whack on her undefended flank...then leaps up into the air and sends a thin, precise blast of energy towards her foe's shin, guessing that Ryoko would guard high by instinct when she took flight.

Both hits connect and Ryoko's smile falters. "I had hoped to avoid this." She vanished from view instantly and reappeared behind her in a move Lily recognized as Flashsteps, something coming to this world had robbed her of. Unfortunately the activation of the ability momentarily disorients her and her first swing sends the energy claymore flying into the dirt. A second immediately forms in her other hand, though smaller as she tries for a secondary swing.

"You're doing well Cousin I'll give you that."

Though Lily couldn't use her dimension shifting powers here, she knew them very well. Even as she was busy being shocked that her cousin retained her power, her hindbrain was already moving her. Time seemed to slow down as she focused her will and concentrated on the moment. If Ryoko could flashstep here, she'd need every erg of speed she could muster, no matter how much energy it cost her. Her sword darts low and parries Ryoko's own blade with a flash of light and a thick crackling noise. For a moment the two noble Dalaraan blades are locked as well as their eyes, Lily's green to Ryoko's golden. "You can flashstep...that's impressive. I had to get special training to do that..." Ryoko smirks and winks out again, breaking the lock. Lily instantly whirls and strikes behind her blindly at where she thinks Ryoko will appear...making a guess on pure instinct.

(moar to come when Justin and I can finish it)

Lily's first swing misses cleanly, but her final one does not, again hitting Ryoko in the flank. "Enough. We finish this now.! Ryoko continues her flashstep, a blade having reformed in her other hand. Both blades swing in at almost impossible angles, one stoping at Lily's throat, the other catching her in the left hip. This had however left her open, and Lily's own paired attacks found purchase. One found her right flank, the other mirrored the blade at Lily's own neck. The Fight was over with a score of 5 to 3, Lily had won.

"Damn, you really have been training Princess." It was said with a certain respect.

"I yield."

There was always the pain. It tormented him in his dreams and it tortured him in the real world. He gritted his teeth in pain as the spear sank deep; driving through his liver and diaphragm and across his body into his intestines. As Lancer removed the spear, parts of his guts came out, followed by gouts of blood that spurted from the large opening. The spear did however seem to infuse him with more energy and life, and he knew that he needed to put it to use. As he staggered away, his wound and organs started healing.

Swinging around, he pointed the weapon at Lancer and poured his emotions into the shot. He needed to equalize this battle before he found himself face down in his own blood.

Two thunderous shots rang out. Georgi watched with satisfaction as both thudded into Lancer's chest. Neither hit anything vital, but they would still cause tremendous damage.

Georgi watched as Lancer reeled from the attack. Blood poured from the gaping holes, spraying Georgi with a bright red stream. The sweet-metallic smell of blood was the scent of battle and slaughter. Soon, one of them would be dead.

(Passion used)

(Attack 1 and 2: 20, 17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790955/

(defense 1 and 2:15, 12)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1791002/

(HP: 54/125)

(EP: 75/110)

Just like that.

The moment was so sudden that Lily stood dumbfounded for a second...then it hit her like a charging rhino made of glee. She had, Lily realized then, been comparing herself for so long against vastly superior foes that she'd lost all sense of herself and her skills. She wasn't the mischevous underachiever of the family anymore. She was a warrior.

Her energy sword winked out, and Lily gave her cousin a respectful bow.

"There's a lot you need to know, but I have to go help my friends first. Are you still sealed to the archmage, or has this fulfilled your obligation?"

Georgi's shots impaxct lancer and send him flying. It was as though the hand of God had struck him. Blood went everywhere. Lancer stood, his left arm gone completely.

"Finally someone worthy of seeing this. Prepare yourself Georgi, Now you Die!!! GAELBOLG!!!!Even from the incredible distantce the spear head streaked out, the name identifiying it one of legend, The Bloodthirsty spear... Said to always strike its target's heart when thrust while singing its name.

Ryoko regarded Lily. "Yes, I am still bound to him." remain on guard, for he may activate any of the seals at any time, even if the servant is in another world..."

(((OOC Valerie you need to decide what you're gonna do.)))

Initiative 14: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1792174/

Valerie had been contemplating her options until now, watching Kai dissapear with 2 enemies, Gilgamesh was nowhere around, while Zaraki fought Saito and Growler took on Asia.

She watched Georgie's and Lancer's fight, after one of Lancer's arm s had been blown off and George moved in for the kill, Valerie could taste the bloodthirst in the air when Lancer shouted Gaelbolg, Valerie had to act before anything could happen to Georgie.

Rushing towards Lancer, Valerie removed the SdZ and pushed it into the Lance form, hoarding all the energy around her and gathering it all in a pinpoint shape on the tip of the SdZ, she pointed it directly at Lancer and in fractions of a second half a dozen phantom heads pointed themselves directly at Lancer, showering the area he is in in energy blasts.

3 Attacks: 2d6+19 (Ranged, Spell)

1 Zebritch Sterne (25) (165 ignores 20 Armor, 40 FF)

2 Gottlicher Schuss (27, 28) (115 each, ignore 20 Armor, 40 FF)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1792316/

2 Ranged Defenses (26, 24) (If he Meleees, I'm dead >_>) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1792318/

((OOC MY GOD Valerie...... No more raising your combat values for awhile. Jesus Christ...)))

Lancer vanishes as three blasts of light consume him.The head of his spear comes to impact Georgi's chest, the tip just barely breaking the skin over his heart, and then the weapon returns to normal size and falls to the ground. At that Point Asia roars, and simply rips Growler's right arm off. "Die you pitiful human, you aren't worthy of fighting a true warrior like me."

Ahe takes his Guan-do from his other hand and bisects him with a single strike, sending blood and gore everwhere. She then turns her eyes to Georgi and Valerie. Her Command seals all activate and her muscles seem to expand and she snarls.

"Time to die offworlders."

She jumps for Valerie, her claws extended. Clearly her intent is to kill.

(Roll me two melee defenses)

Valerie rose the SdZ infront of her as if trying to block Asia's claws from reaching her, Growler was a strong, hardy warrior if those claws got to her she didn't knew if her subcutaneous armor would substain the damage, she braced herself for the impact and readied her legs to jump back in time with Asia's attacks.

Two melee defense rolls (17, 20)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1793591/

Valeri had stolen his kill. She also might have saved his life. The spearhead would have driven itself into his heart. He was not sure if he could have regenerated from such a savage attack. He would have a talk to Valerie later about it.

Growler's death was gruesome and fast. Asia was a formidible opponent. She also fought to the death. Also, there was still Lawrence to deal with, but compared to Asia, he seemed the lesser threat. He was sure that when she went down, Lawrence would attack them.

He was under no immediate danger, so he focused on his attack. If he failed, Valerie might be killed by Asia's violent onslaught. He hoped that if he could strike Asia hard enough, she might just focus on him. So far, the ammo generated by the seal was proving its worth.

The first shot was at her headand the second attack was at her body.

(Attack 1: 16 {called shot to vital, accuracy, Total attack}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1793758/

(Attack 2: 12 {Critical Failure!}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1793809/

Defense 1 and 2: 11, 14 {Total attack penalty}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1793828/

(HP: 79/125)

(EP: 75/110)

Asia's first Clawswipe connects, raking open Valerie's garment acros the torso, carving out a serious injury. Her second attack misses crushing Valerie's hand holding the SDz by centimeters.

((OOC first hit does 100 damage. may want to remember your other defensive abilities soon. Second hit is a failed "Disarm" check.

Both of Georgi's shots miss wide, the ammunition cartridge of the second jamming in the chamber, refusing to be cleared. He could hear the creaking of metal as the force from the shells warped parts of the gun. Things were getting very bad quickly.

Then He felt a pair of blows to his back that sent him sprawling. Lawrence's Summon stood over him. Only the faintest of miscalculations allowed him to survive its wicked attacks.

((Attacks do 50 damage each and drain 30 ep each. I need you to make a mindcheck before responding to the summon though.)))

On hearing the gunfire, Lily whirls to look at the battle. She and Ryoko had drifted several hundred feet away, but even without teleportation it wouldn't take Lily long to cover that distance.

"I have to go...they need help!"

A bright blue aura flared around Lily as she summoned her protective aura, and then shot into the air fast enough to leave a little vortex spinning up after her briefly.

As she bore down on the combatants, she tried to get a sense of the tactical situation, and of who needed to eat energy blasts the most.

((OOC you're doing it just fine))

In a stark moment of clarity, Georgi remembered the school that first night, When the Phasewolf had killed Naien, how her insanely powerful summon had vanished immediately afterwards.

"If He almost killed you alone, imagine just what happens when I do this." The Seal on Lawrence's shoulder began to glow brightly, and suddenly there were two more nearly identical copies of his summon, One near him, the other moving directly for Valerie.

From his position, lying on his back, Georgi smiled at Lawrence. He knew what to do. "I hope you enjoyed your betrayal, because it cost you your life."

Georgi pulled back the charging handle to his pistol and slammed it against his knee as hard as he could. The jammed cartrige flying loose from the impact. The charging handle snapped back into place; the next round chambered. He fired at Lawrence.

Attack 1: Clear round

Attack 2: 19

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1794605/

Defend 1 and 2: 15, 16

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1794607/

(OOC: took the first roll only)

The summons were fast, blidingly so. Massive metalshod fist raised to pund Georgi to dust stopped just short. The Thunderclap of his gun echoed across the field, as a gaping hole appeared in Lawrence's chest. Blood and gore went everywhere, coating his nearby summon even as it started to dematerialize. The Two attacking Georgi stopped mid punch and began returning to spiritual essence.

"LAWRENCE!!!!!!" Asia's scream became a feral roar as she tore the collar from her neck. "NO mercy.... I'll kill all of you!!!" She roared as her eyes went solid gold and she transformed into her fully predator form. She was easily eight foot at the shoulder, a quadrupedal Feline form of immense power. She resembled a Lion or tiger but was far larger and her fur was a solic light cream color, the same as her hair had been. Flames wreated her paws and jaws, and her eyes shown with abundant Golden light. Energy coalesced at her mouth and a hellish beam of light spewed forth, heading straight for Lily.

(((Cue Miniboss music Lily you need to make a ranged defense roll.))

On seeing Asia's transformation, Lily streaked down at her like a blazing blue comet with her at the head of it, energy sword held out behind her ready to strike!

The blast of power from the tiger's jaws hits her squarely, though she manages to get her blade between herself and it. For a moment, it seems to split the beam...but the power of Asia's transformation is too great! Lily's defenses falter, and her protective aura is consumed by Asia's fury! Once again the Dalaraan princess hurtles, but this time she's rocketing backwards; knocked away by the force of the blow. She strikes a rock outcropping with enough force that it explodes in a shower of dust and rock chunks.

For a moment there's just dust left. When it clears, Lily is slowly picking herself up off the ground in the middle of a rubble strewn crater.

"Okay," she coughs weakly, "I felt that."

Lily launches a pair of bright blue lances of energy at Asia as she dashes for another outcropping nearby, hoping to take cover for a second and recover her defenses before leaving herself open to that attack again.

(Attack 1: 18, Attack 2: 22 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1799976/ then moving to get some cover.)

Good Riddance! Georgi smiled to himself, as Lawrence fell, a massive hole in his chest where the bullet hit. The subsequent scream of anguish, by Asia, felt just as rewarding as killing Lawrence. Expectedly, Asia did fly into a rage. He did not expect her to change when she did.

Lily was now in danger. With the ease that Asia, in her normal state, dispatched Growler and hurt Valerie, her berserker form would be even far more dangerous. Georgi had to hit her hard and fast.

His weapon fired twice more. Blue streaks trailed from the muzzle to the rampaging Asia; the bullets infused with his seals energy.

(Attack 1:19 {Total attack}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1800466/

(attack 2:18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1800468/

Defense 1 and 2:10, 14 {Total attack penalty}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1800470/

HP: 52/145

EP: 35/130

The first shot hits, shoving Asia sideways, but she jumps to avoid the second and lands next to Georgi and roars as she sweeps her tail at him. It feel like he was hit with a steel girder as several ribs break and then blackness claims him.

(Attack does 75 damage gain your HP and EP from absorption.. and when you regen above 0 hp you can roll a body check (DC12) to wake up. You won't have to act, you can play possum awhile to regen health..)

Darkness. Oblivion. Peace.

A disembodied woman's voice told him it was not his time. Her words urged him back to the world of the living. After an infinity of darkness and nothingness, existence returned. Light. Pain. Emotion.

The ground was warm with the sun's energy. It was slightly wet with last nights dew, and He could feel the blades of grass against his face. As more of his senses returned, he heard the noises of battle. That meant that somewhere near him, Asia still raged at his friends.

While he lay there, his thoughts went to Amane, who lie sick back in his world. Was it her voice he heard? Was it a woman from his past? All he knew, was that for this mission to succeed, he would need all his strength. Until then, he hoped his friends could survive.

(Body Check:17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1801643/

HP: 14/155

EP: 45/140

Valerie laid on the ground after Asia's terrible strenght was shown, the SdZ was still complete and she had all of her fingers, toes and chips.

She could hear Coach Georgie empting his gun on the battlefield, and the roar of Asia when Lawrence was done in. sliding her hands over the SdZ, she felt the familiar hum of energy enveloping her. "That's the last time I forget I need to actually survive the counter attack."

Getting up from her prone position Valerie immediatly shot up into the sky, trying to oversee the whole battlefield, the image of Asia on her berserk form inspired terror on the base of her stomach, but Valerie knew better than to give in, her sub-cutaneous armor was already self repairing little by little.

Once again draining the ambient energy, Valerie started gathering all of the power in the tip of the SdZ once again, shooting up higher as fast as possible once again she concentrated the blasts of every ghostly spearhed into a single point where Asia was standing. "GO DOWN!"

-------

Ranged Attacks (Spell, Magical)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1802357/

2d6+19 → [5,4,19] = (28) - Zerbricht Sterne (165 Ignore 20 Armor, 40 FF)

2d6+19 → [2,1,19] = (22) - Göttlicher Schuss (115, Ignore 20 Armor, 40 FF)

2d6+19 → [2,4,19] = (25) - Göttlicher Schuss (115, Ignore 20 Armor, 40 FF)

Melee Defense (I hope she dosen't jump this high >_>)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1802367/

2d6+12 → [5,4,12] = (21) Melee Defense 1

2d6+12 → [3,6,12] = (21) Melee Defense 2

HP: 50/145 (Regeneration 1, 38 Armor, 28 FF)

EP: 195/195

All three of Valerie's shots hit Asia, but she just seems to soak them up. This Predator form is unlike anything Valerie has seen, major attacks that kill other living things hurt it, but it just keeps coming, harldy showing any signs of being damaged.

Asia jumps twice at her, her claws catching only Valerie's clothing thankfully, but being close enough that Val could see them each time.

The giant predator then turns its sights to Lily, as it prepares to fire another energy blast.

When Lily sees Asia breathing in power, she realizes that the rocks she's hiding behind will be no protection from the attack to come. Asia's charging her attack, the one that had hit her so hard before. She wouldn't withstand another one like it...let alone one even more powerful.

There were only seconds to spare. Lily never hesitated.

Battle aura glowing bright blue, she smashed through the rocks herself, not even taking the time to fly around them. She arrowed straight at Asia and shouted aloud as she went;

"Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares..."

Her hands shone with glorious, hideous crimson power. Thunder pealed in the air above the battlefield, like a warning from gods long forgotten.

"Release thy heavenly retribution!"

Above Lily black clouds congealed from clear air, spreading behind her in an expanding V, like a wake. Scarlet lightning ripped through the dull, roiling mass.

"Blade of cold, black nothingness,Become one with my power, become one with my body!"

Lily clasped her hands together at this, over halfway to Asia now. The power gathering at her fingertips began to explode out into the shape of an enormous black blade, wreathed in a corona of red thunderbolts.

"Together, let us walk the path of destruction!"

She raised the forming blade back behind her head and shoulders...but it seemed too late, because Asia was already beginning to vomit out a light too bright to look at; that cast the whole darkened battlefield in a baleful light that burned the eyes and made the skin seem to crawl. Far from flinching, Lily dove right into it screaming the last words of the spell:

"And smash even the souls of the Gods!

RAGNA BLADE!!"

Black and red power roared around her in a shadowy inferno, even as Lily plunged into the heart of the maelstrom of Asia's titanic blast, the Ragna Blade held before her!

(((OOC this occurs in a pocket dimension after they vanish)))

Zaraki and Saito were in their own world as the others began their battles. "Summon your robot boy, and lets get things started. Saito pressed the stud on his watch and uttered a very unfamiliar command. "Rip through the Night, Asterion!" The Asterion emerged from dimensonal space and Saito mounted up as Kenpach watched.

"OH that's just perfect isn't it boy? Fighting for her honor in her machine? Well then let's take a real stroll down that lane." He grew and grew and grew until he was as large as the mecha and the World around them vanished. What replaced it was a Cityscape.

"I'm going to enjoy this Zaraki."

"Me too boy. Now Our Table is set, let us begin!" Zaraki's energy field explodes outward flattening nearby buildings as he charges. The Asterion draws its railgun and fires, clipping Zaraki in the side. Zaraki swings down his gigantic sword and connects with the arm armor over the autocannon, damaging the weapon in the opening seconds.

Saito takes to the skies and Unleashes a Cloud of missiles from the Asterion's pods, double firing the racks. the missiles decimate the area around Zaraki and striking all over his body, wreathing him in smoke. Zaraki leaps upward emerging from the smoke and hits the Asterion's right thigh with with the sword, flaying a large chunk away. Zaraki's follow up attack with the Getsugaya technique he first used on Lawrence misses, tearing apart the clouds in the sky behind them.

He draws the railgun and fires twice, hitting the first time and missing the second. Zaraki answers with a pair of Gesugaya attacks, the first Flensing all the armor from the left leg and arm., the second narrowly misses the Asterion's head.

"So you don't like that move do ya boy? Well then try this." The Asterion's computer began registering an insane buildup of energy from Zaraki Even as Saito plugged him with a pair of rounds from the railgun. "Warning imminent threat Activate boosters for escape Velocity!" The computer shouted. Zaraki looked up and roared. "ARmageddon Nova!!!!!!" Black and red energy engulfed and devoured everything within a mile of him as the Asterion boosted up and away fromt he attack, testing his prowess as a pilot to the extreme.

He narrowly evaded the attack and swooped back in hitting again with one out of two Railgun shots. Zaraki answered again with Twin Getsugaya attacks hitting with only one, this one flaying armor from the Asterion's torso.

"Let's finish this Boy!"

"It's time for you to pay for what you did. NOW FEEL THE WRATH OF CIRCINUS!!!!!!!"

Saito slammed the lever to initiate RAMVs As Zaraki began using Armageddon Nova. The Asterion fired bursts from the railgun, then more swarms of missiles. It then converted into wavewrider mode and increased to maximum speed. This Missiles and railgun shells smashed into Zaraki, snapping on of his arms. Behind it all the Asterion began to rotate in a Spiral, further increasing G-forces on Saito and the speed of the machine. The Mecha Impacted with Zaraki and there was a terrible crashing, grinding, and tearing sound as bone metal and flesh were rent and crushed and shattered. There was an explosion of Gore as Zaraki vanished, all the kinetic energy literally blowing him apart. The Asterions armo was completely stripped away and severe structual warping and damage occured over every inch of the mecha, but Saito had won, he'd avenged Ibis.

The False world disappeared and he was flying back over the Inn. Suprisingly a hail was picked up. It was Akane, one of the Catgirls from the Hotspring. "Lietenant Murazaki I'm so glad to reach you. We were trying to reach you for a day now. We finished repairs to the Meteor unit. You can now Sortie in it if you wish."

Asia exhaled even as Lily rushed forward with the Ragnablade. Her attack met the massive spell and was forced back. She powered it all the way home, burying the Ragnablade straight into Asia's mouth, her own energy blast forced back down her throat and emerging from the left side of her torso. Asia dropped to the ground like a puppet who's strings had been cut. Just like that they found the field clear of foes, with only Ryoko left to consider.

Valerie immediatly plummets to the ground in a crazy dive towards her friends, Coach was a tough and seasoned warrior, Lily was a strong but inexperienced one, both were injuried by the steel crushing power of Asia's claws.

In a split second Valerie made the decision as she dived towards Lily, the last time she had uased the Ragna Blade, the smoke and dust still not clear from the clash of raw energy Valerie just added more to it as she fell hard on the floot. "Lily! Where are you?" Valerie gripped her staff so hard it turned her knuckles white, Lawrence was dead, Growler was dead, Saito and Kai had dissapeared, Coach Georgie was passed out and Lily had not answered immediatly, and there were still a Xellos champion who had yet to even enter the battle, this was far from being over.

Georgi heard Asia's roar of anger, stop with a gurgle,. after he heard Lily call on her Ragna Blade. There was silence that followed. Then, he could hear Valerie's voice yelling for Lily. This meant that Asia had been stopped, and he could rise.

He rose and picked up his submachine gun. It was still functional, but looked as if it was ready to fall apart. He first looked at Asia's dead corpse and then over to Lawrence's. Reaching down, he grabbed one of Lawrences Lifeless arms and draggged his body to Asia's. As he piled both bodies on one another, he whispered to Lawrence's lifeless body. "You want to be with her? Well here's your chance." Traitor! With that, Georgi walked away to where valeries was flying.

HP: 64/155 (Regen: 5)

Lily! Where are you?!

At the sound of her name, Lily stirred from where she crouched, blocked from her friends by Asia's dead hulk. She was bone tired, and felt drained of vitality...but unlike the first time she'd called on this power, she'd managed to stay conscious.

She wearily pulled herself up to her feet, and a moment later the blue gleam of her defensive aura surrounded her again. On hearing Georgi's voice, Lily trudged around Asia's massive bulk to find him, and felt a stab of melancholy when she saw Lawrence and Asia dead together.

"It shouldn't have come to this," the princess said heavily. "He came to help me. Why did it have to end like this?"

Valerie could hear both Lily and Coach getting up, the sound of Lawrence being dragged and Coach spitefully trashtalking the corpse.

Valerie heard Lily regretting the outcome, and Valerie could feel the pit of her stomach turning, she kept the queasyness back this was for the greater good, or so she tried to covince herself. "Where is Kai? Last thing I saw he and Saito dissapeared, how are we supposed to look for them?" the SdZ looked beaten down, and the crystal on the spearhead had lost it's shine temporarily, Valerie's legs and mind were still weak from the tremendous blow Asia gave her.

"Why? Isn't it obvious. He let his Johnson do the thinking for him." Georgi said with spite, as he looked at the bodies of Asia and Lawrence. "He betrayed us because he couldn't control his sexual urges. She played with him like a cat does a mouse, and now the two of them get to spend eternity together, 6 feet under."

Crouching down and patting Lawrence's shoulder, he speaks to the corpse. "I hope she was worth it."

HP: 89/155

There's a terrifying scream from where Ryoko had been kneling and anyone that looks finds her face down on the ground, unmoving.

From the dust at the other end of the battlefield their hear the clanking of metal on metal approaching. Most suprising however is the ringing clanging sound of metal on mettal as they can See the last Champion emerge clapping slowly and deliberately, the red-headed Northern King, Gilgamesh.

"Well that was certainly most impressive all of you. I have nver before seen such powers displayed so intensely. It honestly makes me wonder if Archer may lose."

He laughs heartily. "Well perhaps not. Besides.." He looks to Ryoko. " One of my champions seems to refuse her master's orders, exhausting herself so she cannot fight on your behalf." Behind him there's a flash of light and they see a giant set of doors open, and literally hundreds of sword hilts extending from it.

"I hate disobedient Knights." He motions with a hand and the blades all go inward, then fire out as a storm of shafts of light impaling Ryoko on the ground, seeming to kill her without a sound.

He looks back to the group, his features mimicing contemplation, his eyes showing evil. "Now where was I? Ah yes I remember. You were all about to offer up your lives in order to prevent me from getting the grail and my wish, in addition to that of Xellos, My Archmage. If you wish to be so reckless and offer them so cheaply then i a obliged to take them." He smiles his hands at his sides held out with opened palms, preparing for whatever may come.

Suddenly Saito found both himself and the nearly destroyed Astarion hovering over the the hot springs where he and his companions had spent the last few days. The indicators in his machine were either demolished or indicated red, Saito knew that it was pretty much a miracle that the machine was still flying in it's current shape. As if on cue a communcations transmission came on-screen, it was coming from the inn. One of the catgirls came on-screen to address Saito.

"Lietenant Murazaki I'm so glad to reach you. We were trying to reach you for a day now. We finished repairs to the Meteor unit. You can now Sortie in it if you wish."

Saito responded with a bit of relief in his voice.

"Very well, ill be heading out immediately, I have no idea what my friends are still dealing with over there but I know that they will need both myself and the Meteor there as back-up"

With one quick motion Saito hit the eject button in the Asterion's cockpit as well as the mechanism to send it back to it's hanger bay in the pocket dimension. Saito was now freefalling to the ground but he had no fear on his face he pushed the all to familiar button on his watch and spoke into it.

"DECEND METEOR GUNDAM!!!!"

Cloaked in red flames the Meteor flew out from behind a mountain on an intercept course to pick up it's pilot. The cockpit of the Meteor's bird mode slide open to accept it's master. Saito then opened communications with the catgirls.

"I thank you for your hard work, but right now I am needed."

Slamming the throttle forward Saito sped off towards the battle.

"METEOR GUNDAM.....LAUNCHING!!!!"

As Saito approached the battle site he could se that his friends were getting ready to face the powerful Gilgamesh. Thinking quickly, Saito switched his machine to robot mode and initiated an emergency landing by sliding the gundam in a kneeling position, stopping just short of his comrades.

"Please forgive my tardiness. I had forgotten something back at then Inn that would be needed."

Saito brought the Meteor's buster rifle to bear on Gilgamesh.

"So you did defeat Zaraki? That is most impressive boy. I however shall not be one with such a weak blade. Come, Enkidu!" He held his hand to manifestation of the gate and drew out a long sword, its blade covered in spiralling black and red energy.

The whole world seems to tremble at the power being spun up within Enkidu. There's a Flash of light and Archer, Suzuka and Kai appear off to one side. All three combatants look weary, and quite obviously Archer and Kai are still fighting. Suzuka's bokken is broken, a clear indication that Kai was able to defeat her. "A Draw Morisato. You do not stand victorious, but then nor do I." Kai nods once. "It is so."

Gilgamesh scoffs. "The TWO of you couldn't handle one human child?" He shakes his head. "Sheer madness. Even if you are an Amaha, they should slaughter you boy."

Kai however wasn't listening. He had turned his back to Gilgamesh, and looked to each of his comrades. Looking into his eyes, seeing the pain, and the relief it was touching. Both Valerie and Lily felt the same warm feeling come over them as they had when they touched Kai. Georgi and Saito felt renewed strength and conviction, as if seeing the only normal one of the group still standing Could make hope tangible.

"I will not be ignored boy!!!"

Kai continued his gaze, his eyes softening as he beheld Lily and Valerie. There was a flash of acceptance in his eyes, even as Gilgamesh surged forward.

"Live on, Win, for everyone."

"ENUMA ELISH!!!!!!!!!!" Gilgamesh's most potent attack with Enkidu cored right through Kai, blasting a hole in his torso eight inches across. A wall of translucent pink formed between the others and the attack, a last defensive gesture of Senbonzakura, protecting them a final time. The barrier shattered into thousands of pink cherry petal-like shards which wafted on the wind over and around the party.

Archer looked on in horror, Gilgamesh in smug satisfaction.

"The grail required the blood of Amaha to be spilt before it could be touched, and now it shall appear, and I am not the worse for wear."

Enkidu dripped with Kai's blood, Gilgamesh having seemed to teleport back some distance away.

((OOC Medical checks will reveal Kai to be dead. Each of you has been restored to full Hit points and Energy points. react and have fun.)))

Gilgamesh fighting

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wRJ6UY0jzos

Valerie realized what the feeling on the pit of her stomach was, it was a revulsion to the mere presence of the last of Xellos champions.

Ryoko was called a Demon and she was disposed of like a butterfly would shed an old skin. No, a this people were more like snakes getting rid of what is a burden to them.

While thinking of this, Valerie's internal sensors had already captured the scene, the penetrating power of the swords, the angle spread and the diameter of the area, wathever that thing was it made antipersonal mines look small and the shaphranel look down right ticklish.

The flashof light of Gilgamesh's sword came out of nowhere, and even more surprising was Kai's apperance having defeated Suzuka and still fighting Archer.

Valerie was releived with joy and her heart almost skipped a beat in that same second before starting to flutter at the precense of Kai, wanting to run into his arms her heart did skip a beat and it almost felt like it had stopped when Gilgamesh moved, an energy blast to put hers best abilitites to shame brought down the last of the Amaha like a puppet that had it's strings broke.

Valerie could feel and hear the world coming to an end, Kai's heart and respiration stopping and for once she cursed her superior abilitites because once more she had been unable to save somebody she loved.

Tears in her eyes, Valerie clutched the SdZ, phantom lance heads appearing around her connected by beams of pure light, forming a prism like structure around her, in a cold, lifeless voice Valerie murmured under her breath while talking to her companions, almost like she possesed multiple voices. "Scatter, probability of success if we all face him is of a 62%, probability of death is a 85% if we mantain a contingent area. Best solution is a multiple angle attack with a 92% chance of success, it only has a 40% chance of further casualties." in a single leap, Valerie had already cleared the meteor and was aiming directly for Gilgamesh her arms extended to stabilize her jump as the spearheads started to spin around her.

"Probability of Victory is 91%, probability of self destruction is 60%, probability of defeat is neglible, Primary Command is the destruction of living being Gilgamesh."

-------

HP: 145/145 (Regeneration 1, 38 Armor, 28 FF)

EP: 195/195

Initiative 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1815720/

Archived