Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris: Dragonspine Encounters

Justin OOC

The remainder of the evening passed with little fanfare. Saito and Ibis remained in their machines while the others slept in the tents. Everyone seemed to have alot on their minds The next morning they rose and began the trek to the mountains.

A full week passes as they make their across the plains and up into the foothills in the wagon, attracting no attention whatsoever. Kai and Growler took turns driving each day. As they made their way through one of the more narrow passes, A booming voice called out.

"I told you they'd come this way. Now what do we have here?"

The voice came from a man easily seven feet tall who looked as if his flesh was as hard as the granite around him. He wore a black Kimono tied with a white obi and a white overlay over it, reminiscent of the same dress uniform worn by the Satoshi officers. His white overlay was tattered and frayed arouund the edges, evidence of thousands of combats it had seen its master through. The sleaves were torn short so that the black sleeves of the kimono were visible and he had a long scar down the left side of his face. His hair was pulled back into a collection of sharp spikes, with a bell on the tip of each end and he wore an eyepatch over his right eye. He carried a sword that looked horibly worn and chipped, yet pulsed with a sort of living rage, that each of them felt. The sword was easily over a meter in blade length alone. The man looked almost insane. Growler instantly recognized him as one of the Archmage Durandal's champions, the bloodthirsty, some say immortal, warrior, Zaraki.

"They call me Zaraki. I'm supposed to tell you all to go back where ya came from, and leave the affairs of this world to its denizens, or some such rubbish. You people don't look yer gonna do that, so let's skip the formal niceities and just get to the nitty gritty."

He hefts his sword "Get yer asses outa that wagon and face us. If ya win, you get to keep going. If ya don't, well it won't matter that much."

From the sides half a dozen boulders seem to unfurl into granite golems. over one of the outcroppings two red dragons look in on them.

"I hope you don't mind, but i brought a couple of friends. No need in hogging you all to myself. Now, let's do this."

(((OOC first 7 cp for the last session. There are two dragons visible, they are both the same size as the Meteor and the Asterion. There are six granite golems and Zaraki on the ground. They are allowing you all to dismount the wagon and then the combat will ensue. Everyone roll initiative, choose your targets, and post your actions.

The remainder of the evening passed with little fanfare. Saito and Ibis remained in their machines while the others slept in the tents. Everyone seemed to have alot on their minds The next morning they rose and began the trek to the mountains.

A full week passes as they make their across the plains and up into the foothills in the wagon, attracting no attention whatsoever. Kai and Growler took turns driving each day. As they made their way through one of the more narrow passes, A booming voice called out.

"I told you they'd come this way. Now what do we have here?"

The voice came from a man easily seven feet tall who looked as if his flesh was as hard as the granite around him. He wore a black Kimono tied with a white obi and a white overlay over it, reminiscent of the same dress uniform worn by the Satoshi officers. His white overlay was tattered and frayed arouund the edges, evidence of thousands of combats it had seen its master through. The sleaves were torn short so that the black sleeves of the kimono were visible and he had a long scar down the left side of his face. His hair was pulled back into a collection of sharp spikes, with a bell on the tip of each end and he wore an eyepatch over his right eye. He carried a sword that looked horibly worn and chipped, yet pulsed with a sort of living rage, that each of them felt. The sword was easily over a meter in blade length alone. The man looked almost insane. Growler instantly recognized him as one of the Archmage Durandal's champions, the bloodthirsty, some say immortal, warrior, Zaraki.

"They call me Zaraki. I'm supposed to tell you all to go back where ya came from, and leave the affairs of this world to its denizens, or some such rubbish. You people don't look yer gonna do that, so let's skip the formal niceities and just get to the nitty gritty."

He hefts his sword "Get yer asses outa that wagon and face us. If ya win, you get to keep going. If ya don't, well it won't matter that much."

From the sides half a dozen boulders seem to unfurl into granite golems. over one of the outcroppings two red dragons look in on them.

"I hope you don't mind, but i brought a couple of friends. No need in hogging you all to myself. Now, let's do this."

(((OOC first 7 cp for the last session. There are two dragons visible, they are both the same size as the Meteor and the Asterion. There are six granite golems and Zaraki on the ground. They are allowing you all to dismount the wagon and then the combat will ensue. Everyone roll initiative, choose your targets, and post your actions.

Init 13 (Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1666763/)

Jumping out of the Wagon, initiating her Force Field, she looked up at Zaraki. "Can't you just let us pass? We are in a real hurry stopping right now to battle would only dwindle our strenght and would get you nothing in return."

Released the SdZ into it's full Spear mode, "Please?" Valerie put up her best charming looks, trying to avoid a battle with such unfavorable numbers for them.

Init 13 (Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1666763/)

Jumping out of the Wagon, initiating her Force Field, she looked up at Zaraki. "Can't you just let us pass? We are in a real hurry stopping right now to battle would only dwindle our strenght and would get you nothing in return."

Released the SdZ into it's full Spear mode, "Please?" Valerie put up her best charming looks, trying to avoid a battle with such unfavorable numbers for them.

Lily stands up in the wagon, and a blue glow rises around her as she activates her defenses.

"I hope you weren't expecting this to be easy," she says flatly. "I hate to disappoint people before I beat them."

With that, she rockets up into the air, curving over the enemy legions!

(Gah...no invis castle at work...Justin you can roll my init if you like, or I will as soon as I can.)

Lily stands up in the wagon, and a blue glow rises around her as she activates her defenses.

"I hope you weren't expecting this to be easy," she says flatly. "I hate to disappoint people before I beat them."

With that, she rockets up into the air, curving over the enemy legions!

(Gah...no invis castle at work...Justin you can roll my init if you like, or I will as soon as I can.)

With lightning fast reflexes, Saito moves up to the cockpit of his Gundam and begins emergency start-up combat procedures. With a flick of his wrist, Saito activates the loudspeaker on the outside of his mecha.

"Attention Enemy Swordsman: I will give you one warning. Do not engage us, we mean you no harm but I will kill you if you attempt to harm any of my friends."

The gem in the center of the Meteor's chest glows brightly as the servomotors begin to activate.

Growler shakes his head and reaches for the Guan Do on his back. "Zakari, you cannot stand in our way. We will go through you if we have to. Don't do this. However, if you still persist in this suicidal course of action..." He shifts into man-bear form, "Let's do it. Everyone, be careful with your opponents. Support one another, and we will achieve victory." Growler adopts a defensive stance.

((OOC: Initiative: 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1671129/))

Kai dismounts the Wagon and lays a hand on the horses. "It will be alright. Don't be affraid."

He walks in front of them, and Unsheathes Senbonzakura. "Let's do this."

Zaraki laughs at the threat of the Giant robot. "A Giant metal armorframe and you think you can kill me? The little lady with the pretty lightshow has a better chance." His tone is utterly mocking. "Besides, You'll have your hands full." To Emphasize his point both Dragons take Wing and move to intercept the Meteor. If they breathe down at the others, they will hit them all.

The implied threat to Saito is enough to snap Ibis from her funk and she presses the stud on her collar that Activates the Asterion. The gleaming white Mecha lands and she mounts up, drawing her railgun and standing shoulder to shoulder with The Meteor.

"Nobody hurts my comrades."

Zaraki grins maliciously. "I'll do more than hurt them little lady. If they don't give me what I really want."

All six golems move into what can be assumed to be attack posture.

Zaraki locks eyes with Growler. "You were trained by the Old Man weren'tcha boy? Show me if He's still half the teacher he was when he trained me a century ago."

(((OOC Combat order is Lily, Georgi, Zaraki, Kai, Growler, Valerie, Lawrence and then the six Golems.)) post your actions and your targets. and here we go.))

Lawrence, the newest addition to the group, was not sure what to expect once they started travelling. They each had their own special talents, he learned over the few days, so he had presumed that they would be in something at least a little more technologically advanced than a simple wagon. Still, it saved him from walking the entire way. He never spoke of his powers, nor of why he carried the katana.

As the threat revealed itself on that 8th day of travelling, Lawrence was curious if this situation happened a lot. Fight or die? I guess they did not leave him much of an option. As everyone reacted, he stayed in the wagon. He had hoped that someone could have reasoned with them, but everyone seemed to be in a rush to die. Not dying was on Lawrences top five things to do this week. Still, he needed to do something. He stepped off the wagon as Lily took to the sky, and it was her safety he was concerned with. His claws grew from his fingers as he got into foreign and defensive stance.

Soaring above the enemy forces clad in her white medieval dress that's already flapping and and snapping in her slipstream, Lily pulls up to a halt high above the golems. The blue light of her protective aura brightens and concentrates in each of her hands as she focuses her will. A rumbling sound builds to a great CRACK as she releases the gathering energy in a pair of brilliant azure streams of light that each lance out at a golem in opposite ends of the formation; one on the right, and one on the left.

When these blasts...far larger than those she'd used before...strike home, they erupt into cataclysmic blossoms of blue power that expand outward in a pair of firey domes. They push tree and grass and air ahead of them, creating shockwaves that rip through the formations, even if the explosions themselves fall short.

(Fly up to 500 feet and bombard! Using area effect on my energy blasts! 80 base damage, level 3 penetrating, level 2 area effect, positioned to get as many golems as I can in each blast.)

Attack 1: 19

Attack 2: 16

Defense 1: 12

Defense 2: 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1672327/

(Feel free to roll additional defenses if needed)

When his target flew away to confront the Mecha, Georgi adjusted his aim. He pointed the rifle at the head of the large rock creature called Zaraki. He hoped his standard ammo would hurt the stone beast as he fired. 2 loud booms erupted from the rifle, followed by clouds of sulfurous cordite. A pair of 3 inch slugs flew, at over the speed of sound, towards the giant.

Attack 1:20 [scope, weapon accuracy(1)]

Attack 2:24 [critical success, scope, weapon accuracy(1)]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1672972/

Defense 1:13

Defense 2:15 [extra Defense]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1672974/

Damage: 55 each

(((Zaraki is flesh and blood like all of you, it just seems to look as though his flesh is as tough and hardened as the Granite around you.)))

Both of Georgi's slugs impact Zaraki's forhead, rocking the giant of a man back on his feet. All seems silent as the Man seems to fall, but slowly his body and head come back up to normal. His mouth is twisted in a large malicious and sadistic grin as his eyepatch falls away revealing a second yellow eye. Blood flows down his nose and over his lips from the wound and his tongue flicks out to lick it away as he laughs heartily. "That was definitely excellent effort Soldier. You went right for the normal killing blow, no hesitation no bullshit. You may prove worth my time. "What is your name?" Before getting an answer he dashed forward into the midst of the group and slashes at Georgi with his sword. At the last second, the blade turns sideways striking Georgi broadside and knocking him into the granite wall.

Kai dashes in at Zaraki and slashes with Senbonzakura, which meets Zaraki's sword in the flashing gleam of metal on metal sparks. He attacks and parries both of Zaraki's counterattacks, but only just barely. He's still just a human versus someone with inhuman strength.

(((OOC attack does 50 damage (non-lethal) and the impact with the granite wall does another 20)))

Growler shakes his head, "Zaraki, the old man is doing as crustily as ever. Now, you done with your posturing? Try taking on someone close to your own size. I will be the water to your stone. I will dull your blade with my defense." He begins spinning his Guan Do around his body in a complex, ever-changing pattern. His stance begins to settle in and shows a solidity similar to granite. He slowly makes his way towards Kai and Georgi, still focused on the defense he has set up.

((OOC: Defense roll: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1673495/))

Zaraki nodded and launched a slash at Growler. However it was a feint to draw the Guan-do out of position. His free hand snaked in and his fingers actually imbedded in Growler's chest as he picked him up and threw him into the granite wall hard, leaving him in a massive crater. "Nice show kid, but the Old Man taught me that trick too."

Zaraki's physical strength was rediculous. it was becoming apparent he was no mere human, and that in a way, he was almost toying with them.

((30 damage from the grab 40 from the throw and impact.)))

Vaulting into the air after Lily, Valerie went for the Golem closest to the carriage, too many things in the ground and Zaraki seemed to be enough to occupy the time of the rest of her companions, marking him for later Valerie looked down on the field from her new ventage point.

Using her very unique way of flying, Valerie created a poligonal shape of 'air steps' as she went into the air and used this same phantom steps to give herself a sense of direction while charging the SdZ, the ambient energies dimming a little around her as phantom heads appeared around the real head of the SdZ.

Focusing the energies a big bolt of energy let lose directed at the closest golem ligthing streaking from the heads of the SdZ the pink/red hued energy ran wild across the surface of the weapon before focusing on three twisting beams of energy describing a spiral pattern like a drill as it closed in on the Granite golems.

[Attacks: 3 Ranged Attacks

First Attack: 25

Second Attack: 22

Third Attack: 21

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1673607/

Damage: 115, Ignored 20 Points of Armor and 40 of Force Field.

Defenses: 2 Ranged Defenses and 1 Melee Defense (just in case)

Ranged 1: 25

Ranged 2: 23

Melee 1: 28]

Lawrence was caught in awe by the display that unfolded in front of him. All different kinds of attacks were going on, all at the same time, and all incredibly sudden. The battle prowless of his companions were on the levels of ridiculous, and he was nowhere near that level. His soul, on the other hand, could do some real damage here. But he couldn't risk it.

Lawrence took three impossibly fast steps and took off into a leap. With the claws on his right hand, he swipped the Golem he leapt at.

Attack 10,

Defence 12

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1673631/

Valerie's attacks caught one of the Golems full on, blasting huge chunks from it's torso and left arm, eventually amputating the left arm completely on the third shot. It returns fire in a very unique way. Its right arm separates into a dozen pieces and fires off at Valerie, sending literally a dozen shards of razor sharp granite towards her. She dodges them all, even as another Golem fires at her. She dodges this one as well.

Lawrence engages the only undamaged golem and his katana sends a small chip from the Golem's head. The lumbering monster swings one of it's massive fists at him, the sharp granite knuckles missing only by a hair's breadth. Four tears in Lawrence's clothes appear after the attack, showing just how close the attack came.

Two golems Blasted Lily with the shotgun-style blasts, the first a near miss, the second one actually catching her with a blast of shards.

The last Golem moved to engage Kai. It took careful aim at the young Key and fired. The blast caught him full in the back staggering him, and sending blood flowing down his back.

He looked back and through the pain held up Senbonzakura. "Scatter, Senbonzakura." The sword's blade seemed to vanish into a cloud of petal like blades Suddenly the blades appeared in all the joints of the golem. "Fall to pieces." The Golem seemed to explode as the blade reformed on the hilt of his sword. Even Zaraki was moderately impressed.

((OOC the shotgun attacks to 70 damage As a side note, Saito and Ibis are handling the two dragons. I wouldn't worry about them. The player is currently out of town and he and I are going to work things out by PM.)))

Lily covers her face behind her arms when she sees it coming. Her aura crackles with eruptions of energy and blue, sizzling arcs as a deluge of sharp rock shards hit her squarely! For a moment it looks like the shield might hold...but with a flash of light, it gives out. Granite shrapnel slams into Lily directly, knocking her backwards across the sky! ...then rains down in a little patter when she straightens out to show that her skin's still unbroken by the attack.

Face furious, another pair of blasts go screaming through the air towards the remaining golems!

Attack 1: 19

Attack 2: 18

Defense 1: 21

Defense 2: 18

Again aiming to get as many golems as I can with each blast's 3 meter blast radius. Base damage 80, cancels 12 armor.

Shock Roll: 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1676004/

The powerful blow cracked several ribs and almost knocked him unconscious. When he impacted with the cliff face, something snapped off in his upper back. As he pulled away from the cliff, he felt his shoulderblade floating freely in his back. It had been broken off from the rest of the shoulder. Instantly, though, his genetically enhanced resorative abilities began to repair him.

He stared right in Zaraki's eyes, and he defiantly issued his response. "My name is Georgi Illiyev, soldier of the Russian Confederation. You should have killed me when you had the chance! Now, I will kill you!"

Georgi raises the rifle once again. This time aiming for the eye that was not covered by the eyepatch. Lets see how well you fight blind!

Attack 1: Aiming

Attack 2: 19 [Accuracy, Called Shot to Vital, Aiming bonus when using a scope, weapon accuracy (1).]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1676038/

Defense 1:18

Defense 2:14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1676029/

Damage: 110 [using Passion -35 ep]

(assuming each piece of damage is calculated separately)

Hp:63/current 100 (90)

Ep:30/current 65 (55)

Even at this Range Zaraki still dodged the shot. The bullet passed between two spikes of his hair, jingling the bells on their tips as it flew off. "Nice, you almost got me. But since you so kindly removed my eyepatch with your first attacks, I'm not as slow as I was before. For that you have my thanks, Georgi of the Russian Condederation. Allow me to show you the same kindness."

He stabs his sword in at Georgi, missing his chest by only a centimeter due to Georgi's last second sidestep. The sword imbeds in the granite wall up to the hilt, giving an easy account of Zaraki's immense phsical strength. However he does not avoid the massive fist that connects with his sternum.

He draws the sword and prepares to slash at Georgi, but hears the blade sing as Senbonzakura flashes in, missing him by an inch or less. He jumps to the other side of Kai, now closer to Growler. "And you boy, twice you've come at me with sheer bravery, and then what you did to the golem. Clearly, you aren't just some punk."

He looks over to Growler and smiles. "You gonna stand there waiting all day or are ya gonna be half the man these two are and come at me?"

(His punch does 40 damage)))

The situation had changed and if she didn't start working together with Lily, the golems were going to keep resisting their blows at this rate and mob on the others, Zaraki seemed to be enough of an easy fight with her comrades to lend him any support. Taking a dive from her position she threw herself in a corkscrew pattern towards the opposite direction the golems were coming from, landing on her feet and cushioning the impact with the SdZ.

"Bring it on puppets, I'm going to be your enemy from now on." Charging the SdZ, Valerie shot once again three volleys of power at the golem mob, aiming them at the weakest golem she hoped that she could further reduce the numbers to only four, gripping the SdZ she hoped she truly could be strong enough to manage it, but her strong grip had a contrary effect her first shot flew straight past the golem aiming directly for Zaraki's back.

*-------

[Val is on the ground ready to cross fire on the Golems, 3 Ranged Attacks, 3 Ranged defenses.

Attack1 - 25

Attack2 - 22

Attack3 - 22

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1676687/

Defense1 - 28

Defense2 - 23

Defense3 -24

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1676690/ ]

Valerie's attacks reduced the golem she'd devastated earlier to rubble. Even in the confines of the area she easily dodged the shotgun-like blasts of granite shards that answered her.

Zaraki took notice of her and hefted a small boulder, (about the size of a human torso) at her. It created a large crater in the wall only a foot away from her, and he shrugged. "Oh Well, looks like I have multiple worthy foes today, This may take longer than I expected." He looked somewhat disappointed, but the look vanished, replaced with his Insane smile. "Good." The look in his eye showed sadistic glee as he spoke and danced amongst the combatants.

Growler looked over at Kai, closed his eyes and concentrated. A faint golden glow surrounded Kai and his wounds seemed to heal rapidly. Growler then opens his eyes and his own wounds look to have lessened as well. He charges Zaraki, his Guan Do swept back above his head, shouting a battle cry. He swings down at Zaraki's head, intending to cleave him in twain.

((OOC Mercy on Kai, Passion activated, Attack Roll: 16(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1677081/) Defense Roll: 16(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1677083/) Invisible Castle Hates Me!))

((HP: 155 EP: 5))

The attack from growler Carved a wicked gash across Zaraki's chest, slashing through his Kimono and the flesh beneath. Even as his robe stained blood-red Zaraki smiled. "That's the spirit Cubby. Too bad your aim isn't better!" With a single deft motion Zaraki's sword glattered against the Guando, binding it, and thenusing his superior strength, Zaraki sent the Guan-do flying from Growler's hands and into the granite wall. The entire blade buried in the rock, and the weapon virated from the power of the maneuver.

"A warrior without a weapon is nothing but a target."

The two Golems target Lily again, repating their attack, but both cleanly miss her this time. Zaraki leaves growler for a moment and comes to loom over Kai and Lawrence, as they both still have their weapons. "Hello boys." He does the same maneuver he started with and swats Kai aside even as he blocks with Senbonzakura. it was enough not to be struck, but the force behind the blow still sends him flying into a wall. At the last second he seems to catch himself and pivots so that he impacts the wall with his back as opposed to his chest. Only afterwards as he slumps to the ground can the reason be seen. In the front of his robe Ratheros's head can be seen peeking out from the folds. She'd been inside all of the morning, and Kai had been fighting the way he was to protect her. Blood flowed down his head from where he'd hit the wall, and blackness threatened to claim him. He looked very unsteady as he rose to his feet, using Senbonzakura as an aid to stand.

Meanwhile Zaraki turned on Lawrence. "You've sat back in the battle and only done a little, little Cat. IS this fight so meaningless that you won't even fight with your true power? Surely you don't think you can defeat me as you are. If you will not fight at your best, then die." He raises his massive sword and brings it down in an arc that seems like it could cleave a mountain.

Lawrence stared into the eyes of Zaraki. He knocked Kai away with ease and it was intimidating to watch him do it. In Lawrence's right hand was his gifted katana, and in his left was the ability to summon a god. He was visibly shaking the entire time Zaraki had his attention on Lawrence and knowing that he couldn't do anything other than summon the god was infuriating, but he did so for his life.

All at once, a nearly blinding gold light flashed from Lawrence, and standing in front of him was a red machine. It was shaped like a man, as it had hands, legs, arms, torso, and a head, but all of these items were clearly comprised of metal and electronic components. A feint golden glow seeped from the cracks of its armor, and it waved its arm to block the blow.

Defense: 22

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1678837/

Lawrence fell to his knees, looking pale as a ghost and on the verge of passing out. It felt like his soul was missing.

Lawrence's last second action would prove to be a most impressive one. Time seemed to slow, His Guardian spirit seemed to mean to block the blow, but in the same instant, pushed Lawrence back and off to the right as it itself turned to let the massive strike past. The glinting chipped blade struck the earth with unbridled force, creating a three meter crater. A trail of dust connected the sword'ss arc with the wall, and then a fissure oppened up in the granite, widening and crumbling for all to see. The sides of the fissure were smooth and sheer, There was no doubt as to Lawrence's fate if he'd been hit with that attack.

Zaraki lifted his sword from the ground and smiled. "Masterfully done. Only two people have ever dodged that attack. All the rest died to it to a man. This fight just got a whole lot more interesting."

Lily plummets from the sky like a bird suddenly stricken by a rifle...turning elegance into a long fall. Both of her hands shine with blue radiance as she streaks downward. Before she can finish though, she abruptly pulls up short, in midair, and stops.

A moment later she begins speaking...a loud, unusually resonant voice that's easily audible. Once again energy starts to crackle around her hands...but this time the auras are flaring red, with dark black streaks arcing through them.

"Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares,

Release thy heavenly retribution.

Blade of cold, black nothingness,

Become one with my power, become one with my body.

Together, let us walk the path of destruction together,

And smash even the souls of the Gods!

RAGNA BLADE!!"

As she speaks the last two words, she dives back towards Zaraki and makes a sweeping, slashing gesture with her hands. The red and black "light" explodes out into a gargantuan blade of energy that roars out and across, carving through terrain, stone, and anything else that gets its way! The resulting blast seems all-consuming for a moment, washing out all vision, all sound in its fury!

Attack: 20

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1679457/

In the aftermath, Lily seems to be continuing her dive. It takes a moment to see that she's not flying...she's falling; evidently unconscious from the strain.

(reduced to 0 ep :))

Saito finishes the scans and combat data work on his new opponents. Suddenly, the alarms in the cockpit go off alerting Saito to changes on the battlefield.

Two of the dragons were now targeting Lily with their fire breath. Knowing that there was not a second to spare Saito suddenly brought his machine to life and in a split second, he seperated his Buster Rifle into two pieces and fired a yellow stream of energy at the two dragons.

Saito's twin attack met the oncoming breath attacks and canceled them out in a spectacular display of light and explosive energy. He rocketed out towards them, Ibis and the Asterion in tow.

The meteor veered towards the larger one, andrejoined it's twin cannons into one single one and fired. The roiling storm of energy released from the Buster Rifle charred and pitted the hide of the Dragon which returned with another cone of fire. This time the Meteor failed to dodge, and Flames melted the pain and armor of the Meteor's front. Warnings of imminent heat induced overload began to sound, but Saito hit the overide and placed the rifle back in its place and drew the massive sword.

Like a Giant flying future-tech Knight, Saito used the Meteor's shield and sword to block sveral claw attacks and further fireball attacks. A swipe of the Dragon's tail opened a huge rent in the meteor's armor over its Deuterra reactor. The Octarine glow from the Engine made the mech shimmer and seem to leave afterimages as it moved, which actually helped it avoid the next series of claw strikes.

Seeing his opening, the Meteor shot in like a rocket and Impaled the Dragon's heart on its massive sword. Saito withdrew the sword as the dragon died and fell to earth, and turned the Meteor to where he'd last seen Ibis battling the other dragon.

The Asterion was in bad shape. Ibis's fighting style was too ingrained into her, and even though the Break Field system wasn't working, she fought as though it did. The right arm was severed below the elbow, and the torso and twin super verniers had taken incredible damage. Ibis Feebly attempted to raise the Autocannon, but the dragon's right arm snaked out and vicious claws crushed the forearm. "Die Human. At least I won't eat you like I will the others."

It was enough to spur Saito to action. The Meteor dove in, plumeting like its namesake. He brought the sword up and then down in a high arc, but missed by only inches. However the Dragon's dodge relieved pressure on the Asterion, which separated from it's useless arms and Legs and returned to its waverider mode and rocked up and away from the battle.

The Dragon turned and roared. From it's mouth a beam of laser light shot forth, slicing off the top of the Meteor's shield. A bit lower and the beam would have severed the entire left arm. From the Dragon's hands Whirled an immense vortex of Fire and Ice. The superheated dragonsfire liquefied most of the armor on the Meteor, and melted at least a quarter of the circuitry. The intense absolute cold crytalized the molten steel, The most telling effect was when the Dragon struck the crystalized part of shield with it's tail, utterly that area of the shield. Parts of both arms were nonresponsive, and the Deuterra reactor could make up its mind on whether it would overheat and explode, or freeze and totally shutdown. There was a blip on the power sensor as the computer took control and began shifting to Waverider mode.

"I can still fight dammit! LEt me fight!"

A soulless voice answered him. "Perhaps you can Master, but I cannot. My dying will kill everyone, and since your stated goal is to protect everyone I am acting to acheive said goal. Your control has temporarily been suspended as I proceed with primary objective."

The voice wasn't his father's or Ibis's, it was strange but he thought he'd heard it before.

Then it hit him. It was the voice that had asked if he wished for more power. Its words rung echoingly in his ears. The owner of the voice was The Meteor itself.

The strike of the Ragna Blade obliterates the remaining Golems and then cuts straight through Zaraki's sword, and neatly through his left arm. His smile vanishes and for the first time, a look of pain contorts his face. "Perhaps I did underestimate you children after all." He starts to fall over, but suddenly A white-haired young man wearing black and silver armor with a red overlay to catch him.

I told you they were too powerful as a group Zaraki. You should have listened and waited for me."

Zaraki looked down even as an arm closed around the newcomer's shoulder. "Thanks Archer." Everyone can feel the power emanating from him as Zaraki goes limp. Growler recognizes Archer as The First Champion for the opposing side. Only Kai continues moving, rehoming Senbonzakura and running to where Lily's falling. He slides feet first on his damaged back and manages to catch the unconscious princess before she impacts the ground. Two of his ribs crack and the wind is driven from him by the collission. Unconsciousness claims him as his injurues just prove too much for him. Archer speaks softly. "This fight will be suspended. Tend to your wounded and I will Tend to mine. There is a hotsprings said to possess healing powers two days into the mountains, on the side of Mount Hanafubuki. The site is neutral ground and you will not be attacked there. Out of respect for your prowess today I will give you one week to recuperate before I continue on my mission. Do we have a deal?"

Valerie, overlooking all of this is momentarily diverted to the Mecha battle going on a distance away. Her presence is overlooked by everyone as no one can actually see her in her vantage point. Both the Asterion and the Meteor have suffered serious damage, and both seem to be retreating, leaving the dragon free to return and join the fight.

(((Picture of Archer

http://image.17173.com/bbs/upload/2006/06/06/1149605260.jpg

)))

"IBIS!" from her vantage point Valerie looked up to the sky as the mighty dragons battled with the metal knights, behind her Zaraki had the fight dominated and her mind was unable to make itself up on who to help, until both Saito and Ibis had fallen to the power of the red dragons.

Nagging on the back of her mind, the sounding of an incantation and a friend entrusting her with power she didn't understand at the time, or even now.

Re-sealing the SdZ, Valerie hid it on her robes as she imagined herself doing what the SdZ did every time it was activated, she turned herself into an energy capacitor redirecting the ambient energy into herself, shaping it, molding it to her will and into a weapon with which to defend her friends.

Darkness beyond Twilight,

Crimson beyond blood that flows

Buried in the Stream of time where your power grows.

The energy inundated her, and a bright red aura covered her from head to toe, she stood out in the sky like an open flame in the darkness, bright and crimson in the sky.

Holding her hands sky high, a bright red and purple swirl of energy started gathering on it, the core center being the bright pink energy that the SdZ always uses.

I Pledge myself to conquer all the fools who stand,

Before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hands.

The words were now coming out of her and were being echoed in a voice not her own, a deep baritone tone echoing her own words and the aura surrounding her started to pulse with energy, like live current.

On the background, she could feel a huge pull on the magical energy she was concentrating, from behind her he could hear Lily doing a similar incantation to what she was saying.

Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares,

Release thy heavenly retribution.

Blade of cold, black nothingness...

The sky began turning black at the mention of the so called Lord of Nightmares, black clouds covered the sunlight that was already being drowned out by dust and smoke, the day turned into night as the spell blasted through Zaraki almost cleaving him in half, with the doubt if she was doing the right thing all along Valerie could finally throw herself completely on the spell she was casting, putting her all on it.

Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed,

by the power you and I possess.

Lighting rolled in the clouds blasting green and blue colored hues around Valerie as the Dragon looked on preparing his own defenses for the attack. Valerie's previously intense aura almost doubled now that all her doubts had been cast away, from her hands light erupted as the core of pink energy was completely engulfed by the red and purple energies, closing her hands around it and compacting it, Valerie withdrew the energies close to her abdomen before thrusting it out towards the dragon.

DRAGON SLAVE!

An extreme amount of energy was outputted from Valerie's hands, coalescing into a beam of raw destructive power it went straight through the cannon and arched upwards against the Dragon awaiting it.

The dragon roared in anger and responded with its own powerful fire beam emanating from it's maw, colliding halfway with the Dragon Slave, the red/purple energy tore through it and directly into the Dragon literally disintegrating the dragons physical body and erasing every trace of its existence.

The beam continued after that going for miles without end towards the sky and punching a hole through the clouds letting the sun shine down on the area again.

Breathing hard Valerie started her descent towards the ground as the newly arrived man took of with Zaraki, starting a dive towards the half destroyed Mechas, Valerie's flight was obviously impaired by her drained energy as her landing could be much more easily classified as a collision nearby. "Ibis! Saito!"

Ibis watches the spectacular attack and can't believe the readings the Asterion is showing her. Valerie's single attack was easily on par with her own RAMvS. She halts her escape and lands the badly damaged Asterion. The cockpit hatch opens and and she exits, still clad in her dress.

She waves to Valerie with a smile.

"That was incredible Valerie! How'd you do that?"

There was a genuine look of awe on her face.

The Asterion had suffered immense damage and sparks jumped over the rents and holes in its armor. It looked immensely different than it had before but at least it was functional, and Ibis was okay.

Above them the lights in the Meteor went green as the threat was elimanated. "Threat neutralized, control returning to normal mode. Unnatural energy discharge detected. Power Level suggests ultra-efficient Deuterra reactor, but wavelength readings are not a match for any known deuterra reactor configuration. Possible alternative power supply,energy pattern unknown."

(OOC everyone is free to post again.)

As the other stood there, the precious cargo Kai had shielded for most of the battle made itself known. Ratheros meowed softly as it tried to nudge Lily awake. Failing that she moved on to Kai who she could tell was sseriously hurt. She meowed loudly as she tried to wake the young man who'd kept her safe. Noticing she wasn't being paid attention to, she climbed ontop of Lily's stomach and let out a Meow that shook the surrounding walls.

It was easily audible to everything within two kilometers and sent birds flying everywhere. Even Valerie, Saito and Ibis could hear the feline call for aid and attention.

"Archer looked at the young cabbit curiously. When he turned to her she immediately arched her back and her ears stood almost straight up as she growled and hissed.

Archived