Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - XP Tracking - *Please Read!*

So Dawn and I talked about this, and came to the conclusion that there's an easier way to handle XP Tracking.

Here's the skinny:

Keep an XP Log on your character's Profile. You can put it directly in your profile post, or in a separate post, but it should include:

* Date of Award/Expenditure

* Item

* New Dot Total for Item (if any)

* XP Earned/Spent for Item

* New XP Total

An example log may be seen here:

Code:
XP LOG
Date       Item                                Rank  Gain/Spent  Balance
01 JUL 08  XP Earned                             -      20         20
02 JUL 08  Enhancement: Group Awareness          1      -5         15
02 JUL 08  Power: Telekinesis (L2)               2      -5         10
02 JUL 08  Background: Resources                 4      -6          4
02 JUL 08  Background: Fame (Teragen)            3      -4          0

You don't have to get all fancy and use code like that, if you want to just add a few spaces between "columns" or whatever; just so long as all the info is there in more or less that format, so that the mods have something consistant to look at and don't have to puzzle out 20 different methods.

Each month, when XP awards are made, we'll go in and edit the new award into your log. When you spend XP, edit that into your log as well (unless you have moderator approval to keep the expenditure under wraps - a rare but possible occurance).

Hopefully, this will work smoothly.

(EDIT: And yes, we'll delete the extra posts from your profile one you've got your log up and posted. smile )

So Dawn and I talked about this, and came to the conclusion that there's an easier way to handle XP Tracking.

Here's the skinny:

Keep an XP Log on your character's Profile. You can put it directly in your profile post, or in a separate post, but it should include:

* Date of Award/Expenditure

* Item

* New Dot Total for Item (if any)

* XP Earned/Spent for Item

* New XP Total

An example log may be seen here:

Code:
XP LOG
Date       Item                                Rank  Gain/Spent  Balance
01 JUL 08  XP Earned                             -      20         20
02 JUL 08  Enhancement: Group Awareness          1      -5         15
02 JUL 08  Power: Telekinesis (L2)               2      -5         10
02 JUL 08  Background: Resources                 4      -6          4
02 JUL 08  Background: Fame (Teragen)            3      -4          0

You don't have to get all fancy and use code like that, if you want to just add a few spaces between "columns" or whatever; just so long as all the info is there in more or less that format, so that the mods have something consistant to look at and don't have to puzzle out 20 different methods.

Each month, when XP awards are made, we'll go in and edit the new award into your log. When you spend XP, edit that into your log as well (unless you have moderator approval to keep the expenditure under wraps - a rare but possible occurance).

Hopefully, this will work smoothly.

(EDIT: And yes, we'll delete the extra posts from your profile one you've got your log up and posted. smile )

You know, that's an excellent idea. In fact, it's so excellent, you three (as Moderators) specifically told Rev "No" when he asked if XP could be tracked this way. It's so awesome, your group refusal to listen to this same, simple request degenerated into a verbal slapfight that cost you players (or writers, whichever you prefer) and a moderator.

Good call.

Am I bitter? Yes. But, seriously. This is adding insult to injury, as far as I'm concerned.

You know, that's an excellent idea. In fact, it's so excellent, you three (as Moderators) specifically told Rev "No" when he asked if XP could be tracked this way. It's so awesome, your group refusal to listen to this same, simple request degenerated into a verbal slapfight that cost you players (or writers, whichever you prefer) and a moderator.

Good call.

Am I bitter? Yes. But, seriously. This is adding insult to injury, as far as I'm concerned.

Vivi:

1. The moderators were not in full agreement on XP tracking at that time. Indeed, I recall saying something in that PM thread to the effect that I personally preferred this cleaner approach. However, Malachite was the final word at that time.

2. The issue that lead to the loss of you and Malachite and the removal of Revenant from the game was not the specifics of how to handle XP tracking, but rather how people should treat other people. If Revenant had not made an endless series of biting attacks on the moderators, other players and the game as a whole, he (and presumably you) would still be part of MCoH. Indeed, so would Malachite.

3. The intent in implementing this change was not to add insult to injury. Rather it was to effect what Dawn and myself feel to be an improvement. We will not refrain from trying to improve the game in an effort to avoid hurting your feelings.

- Jessica

Vivi:

1. The moderators were not in full agreement on XP tracking at that time. Indeed, I recall saying something in that PM thread to the effect that I personally preferred this cleaner approach. However, Malachite was the final word at that time.

2. The issue that lead to the loss of you and Malachite and the removal of Revenant from the game was not the specifics of how to handle XP tracking, but rather how people should treat other people. If Revenant had not made an endless series of biting attacks on the moderators, other players and the game as a whole, he (and presumably you) would still be part of MCoH. Indeed, so would Malachite.

3. The intent in implementing this change was not to add insult to injury. Rather it was to effect what Dawn and myself feel to be an improvement. We will not refrain from trying to improve the game in an effort to avoid hurting your feelings.

- Jessica

1. Despite your lack of agreement, you supported her decision to Dave.

2. It may not have ended as the XP tracking issue, but that's how it began. I don't expect to change your opinion, but you're not going to change mine.

3. I'm glad you made the improvement. Despite the resistance to its implementation, it was a good idea. It doesn't "hurt my feelings" that you changed it. I simply find it ironic that you remove Dave from the game (and me, indirectly) and then implement the very thing he was asking for in the beginning. However you need to justify it to yourself is fine, and I honestly hope that all parties (at least on your side) are content with the results of your decisions. For my part, it's neither forgotten nor forgiven. I can't speak for Dave, of course, but I know I don't personally have any reason or desire to discuss anything further with you.

Anything else is going to become an issue of personal "attacks" so I'm ending my participation in this thread here.

Good luck.

-Laura

1. Despite your lack of agreement, you supported her decision to Dave.

2. It may not have ended as the XP tracking issue, but that's how it began. I don't expect to change your opinion, but you're not going to change mine.

3. I'm glad you made the improvement. Despite the resistance to its implementation, it was a good idea. It doesn't "hurt my feelings" that you changed it. I simply find it ironic that you remove Dave from the game (and me, indirectly) and then implement the very thing he was asking for in the beginning. However you need to justify it to yourself is fine, and I honestly hope that all parties (at least on your side) are content with the results of your decisions. For my part, it's neither forgotten nor forgiven. I can't speak for Dave, of course, but I know I don't personally have any reason or desire to discuss anything further with you.

Anything else is going to become an issue of personal "attacks" so I'm ending my participation in this thread here.

Good luck.

-Laura

I wasn't present for the offending converstaion but I don't understand (aside from loyalty and solidarity with one's RL partner) that Jazmine had to be retired. Even if Bastion was originally her father you could have reimagined it to work.

I wasn't present for the offending converstaion but I don't understand (aside from loyalty and solidarity with one's RL partner) that Jazmine had to be retired. Even if Bastion was originally her father you could have reimagined it to work.

Guys, I'd really prefer that any continuation of this be taken elsewhere. Another thread, the ShoutBox (as Vivi has done - thank you, Vivi!) - or anywhere else. This is a post on how to handle a rule for MCoH, and I'd prefer not to lock the thread (because someone may have some valid questions about how it works).

Thanks.

- Jessica

Guys, I'd really prefer that any continuation of this be taken elsewhere. Another thread, the ShoutBox (as Vivi has done - thank you, Vivi!) - or anywhere else. This is a post on how to handle a rule for MCoH, and I'd prefer not to lock the thread (because someone may have some valid questions about how it works).

Thanks.

- Jessica

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived