Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - The Bastion Poll

Guest N!News!

Guest N!News!

Once again Sebastian Stone finds himself in the news.

The Ex-Public Defender turned Public Menace was video taped beating a seal hunter, Edmund Fanning.

[video plays of Sebastian hitting him with the mop handle]

He was asked to act as security in case Mr. Fanning was placed in harms way by the angry protesters. Way to go 'Bastian, once again you show us just how truly incompetent you are. When asked for a comment he had this to say:

"<beep> looked like it hurt. Think of how a seal feels."

Classy guy. Classy guy.

Once again we've taken the news to the streets. So tell us L.A., has Stone gone too far this time? How much more of our tax dollars should we waste cleaning up after this guy?

Let yourself be heard Los Angeles!

Originally Posted By: Bastion
This topic is open for all players to post IC (as your character) or IC (as the people of L.A.). Remember he has a +3 Diff to social rolls with about 90% of the populace. If you want to be kind, be kind. If you want to be brutal, be brutal. No offense will (or should) be taken, exercise your free speech up one side of him and down the other.

This may turn into an IC flame war between Novas and Baselines... that's okay. It'll be fun (but remember this just a game please). See pages 60 and 61 of the Core Book (the dark red sidebar) for an example of how this can work.

HAVE AT IT..... GO! (and have fun)

Guest KyootiePye22

Ohmygod. I was totally there! The guy was all like, "Blah blah blah, seals are fine, blah blah, tradition" and Bastion like totally wailed on the guy, and I was like, "Ohmygod! Kellye, I've totally gotta call you back cuz I need my camera right now," and she kept crying about her stupid dog or something, so I totally like hung up on her to get the footage, and, seriously. It was like, wow. So, that's what they call like, poetic justification, y'know? I think he was drunk, but, I'd totally do him. That was so hot! <3

-K. Hartt

Los Angeles, CA

Guest P_Gerston

These novas are, and always have been a <beep>damn menace! We should have wiped em out before they became a problem!

Guest M_Reed

And that is exactly why you and yours are a menace "Infinity"! You novas think that you can do as you please whenever you please and to hell with the consequences!

You're selfish, self centered and irresponsible! You're not 'evolution', your mutants. Genetic accidents. Freaks.

M. Reed

Address Withheld.

Guest B_Mac

I think some people are over reacting a bit. Sure Bastion has royally screwed up with his behavior and his antics over the past several years, but look at how the people treated him. Has anyone seen the media footage.

He got a pretty raw deal, but if he showed up on my doorstep asking for my support to help keep the city free from all the crap (the crime, nova/baseline terrorism, violence) you're damn right I'd be in his camp.

B. McEntire

Los Angeles, CA

Guest Anonymous

Anyone find it odd that it's been three years and the Governor still hasn't done anything about the guy? Seriously.

Must be nice to be banging the Governor's personal cigar holder.

Name and Address withheld

Originally Posted By: M_Reed
And that is exactly why you and yours are a menace "Infinity"! You novas think that you can do as you please whenever you please and to hell with the consequences!

Drop the quotes, fucker; my birth name is Infinity. And honestly... we can do what we please. So can you. There are consequences for both our actions; the Upies and assholes like you make sure that we have plenty of shackles around our necks.

Originally Posted By: M_Reed
You're selfish, self centered and irresponsible! You're not 'evolution', your mutants. Genetic accidents. Freaks.

And you want to be us SOOO bad.

Bastion should just ignore the media and public opinion and do what he knows it right. One girl died, that's tragic. Get over it and get some perspective. How many more have died since then because Bastion wasn't there to save them because the 'media' threw a tantrum and because Bastion for some unknown reason cared what people thought of him.

Guest jsken12221

Wow, you guys are not cool. Maybe my pastor was right. Maybe novas are dangerous.

Oh, yeah that Stone guy. Hey, Stone, seals are cool, but they're not people. You shouldn't hurt other people. And just for that LA should make you leave the city.

jsken12221,

Anyone, whether nova or baseline, can be dangerous. Just ask the survivors of various wars. Your pastor is worrying about a mote while ignoring a very, very large log.

As for Stone: he needs to find a path to responsibility for his actions. Will he do so? As with anyone else who has allowed themselves to fall so far, only time will tell.

- Ptehehincalasanwin

The guy is a hero! Cut him some slack and be really damn thankful that he's a cool nova. He could be a psychotic asshole who would rather kill you and piss on your corpse than kick back and get drunk.

The zips in LA are lucky to have had him as their MD. He's just got to get his act together and get over how the city betrayed him ... and that's exactly what you guys did - betrayed HIM!

Guest Anonymous

Ptehewhatever: why should I care what some crazy nova with her own cult thinks over what preachers of the Lord's Word say? I'll put my money on J.C.

Norman West

none of your business where I live

Guest FamilyMan378

Stone had his chance and somebody died. There are too many novas in LA anyway. Stone should leave and let's get us one that can do the job he couldn't.

Quote:
Stone had his chance and somebody died.

LAPD has had their chance and people die from their failures all the time. I don't see you crucifying them they way you are Bastion. Not that he isn't a screwup, but you are judging him with a standard you aren't holding anyone else to. That's hardly fair!

I don't understand why anyone would want to hunt seals. What is there to gain from clubbing an animal to death?

As for Bastion: Was it really necessary for him to club the seal-killer like that? I feel anger towards the seal hunter as well, but there must be a better way to resolve the situation. It wasn't like Bastion was defending himself.

I don't know... what about those PETA idiots that spray painted the baby seals to make their fur worthless and ended up causing the biggest slaughter of baby seals in memory thanks to the polar bears being able to spot them so easily? Don't they deserve some broomstick lovin?

Originally Posted By: Elspeth
I don't know... what about those PETA idiots that spray painted the baby seals to make their fur worthless and ended up causing the biggest slaughter of baby seals in memory thanks to the polar bears being able to spot them so easily? Don't they deserve some broomstick lovin?

They don't deserve a broomstick either. Some couseling or an eduation about what the Polar Bears will do to baby seals if they are painted. Hopefully, both the hunter and the PETA people, can be deterred without violence.

I still don't understand why does the seal hunter wants to club a baby seal.

Quit with the mop handle shit. The guy is sleaze. I did some research on the guy before I clubbed him. His hunting crew killed nearly 18,000 baby seals that were under the permitted age for the hunt, consistently. He's one of the main reasons they were put on the endangered list to begin with! He got away with it. So, I hit him. He deserved it. People need to be treated like children sometimes even though they're adults. You screw up, you get a whooping. He didn't follow the rules, so he got his butt beat. If I could teach this tactic to those heffers in Walmart that are always letting their rug rats do as they please and ruin my shopping experience then the world would be a better place.

And if I knew where to find the people who spray painted the seals, I'd hit them too. With a polar bear.

Humans don't make sense to me. It's like you guys think that because your on the top of the food chain the you have the right to do as you please, and so, you do.

You did whatever you wanted and the Earth became polluted.

You've done whatever you've wanted and the animal life was becoming extinct.

You've done whatever you've wanted and look at you, killing one another in the streets over shoes and jackets, incinerating your children and stuffing them into luggage and burying them.

Enter the novas. They come into the picture and work side by side with you to help clean up the messes that you brought on yourselves. You're no longer on the top of the food chain but are going to turn around and tell the people that are now that what you pulled isn't right?

That's what I tried to a few years ago, help you clean up some of the problems, I failed you and for that I'm sorry. I failed the young girl, Celia Markle, and I have to live with that every day. Do you?

Do any of you out there in T.V. Land have to wake up to the nightmares of her face asking you in your sleep 'why'? Why weren't you strong enough, why weren't you fast enough, why weren't you smart enough? Have any of you ever cleaned a child's face and brain off your shirt because you weren't any of the above?

How many of you are getting letters and Op-Mails nearly every day from a bitter family that has colorful things to say about how they want you dead and you'll burn in hell for eternity because you're a child killer.

Yeah, I thought not.

So go on ahead and be what you're all going be, and go do what you're all going to do. Have fun with it.

I wash my hands, I'm through.

Guest G_Mascen

Sounds like Terat Terrorist talk to me. Didn't have what it took to help us so now your going to kill us all?

You're a pathetic excuse for a... whatever you call yourselves.

G. Mascen

Portland, OR

As a rule, I don't do polls. I will weigh in though.

Anyone with eyes who saw the news footage could clearly see what was going on. Even my brother, a baseline lawyer, was very clear on it when we talked about it afterwards.

Bastion wasn't 'convicted' by any evidence of wrongdoing, or negligence. He was a victim of a media mob, driven by drumbeats of hysterical reaction.

To anyone who claims differently, I challenge them to present evidence and reasoning to support it.

As a rule, I don't do polls. I will weigh in though.

Anyone with eyes who saw the news footage could clearly see what was going on. Even my brother, a baseline lawyer, was very clear on it when we talked about it afterwards.

Bastion wasn't 'convicted' by any evidence of wrongdoing, or negligence. He was a victim of a media mob, driven by drumbeats of hysterical reaction.

To anyone who claims differently, I challenge them to present evidence and reasoning to support it.

Archived