Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 3 Session 3 Graduation and Reunion

Justin OOC

Growler's strike was most catalytic. Guan Do passed daggers in flight, the daggers sticking into his ches, while the guan-do neatly decapitated the lethal Lieutenant. Even as his head fell to earth, his eyes were wide with shock as his neck became a geysering fountain of blood, before dropping unceremoniously to the ground.

Naien appeared next to Kyoraku and fury burned in her eyes. "No more games, now we get serious." She nodded to her summon.

"Kyoraku, Rampage mode!!"

with a yell they began to glow, and the summoned guardian dove into the body of his summoner. Naien grew to nearly eight feet tall and and her musculature greatly expanded. muscles and bones snapped and popped as her frame expanded. Wicked claws sprouted from her feet and hands and her mouth opened to reveal large fangs. A long bushy tail, red and white like all the rest of the fur covering the Naien/Kyoraku hybrid waved menacingly behind her.

Her voice was deep and guttural. "Time purge the unfit." She began dashing for Lily, only to be intercepted by Yua. It was Hiroga vs Hiroga, both of the fox breed. Claw and blade met repeatedly, as everyone could only look on, seeing only the results of the impacts. Finally Yua stopped breathing ragged and bloody in front of a building. ?Naien/Kyoraku smiled. "If that is all you have then allow me to show you the true power of a Hiroga. Watch carefully Princess. This will happen to all who serve a fallen Emperor and his brood."

She turned back to Yua. "Burst Stream." She dashed forward at impossible speed, leaving a trail of afterimages, and raked at Yua with her claws. Over a dozen blows impacted sending ribbons of blood everywhere as momentum carried them into a wall. The crater was enormus, but then the afterimages caught up, driving all the force of the dash into Yua's chest. There was the explosive sound of a sonic boom as the wall around them shattered, and Naien's taloned hand emerged holding Yua's heart. "Too easy." She withdrew her arm and looked at the assembled group. Her eyes seemed to fix on Lily and gleam with malice. "Time to Kill the heiress." She vanished, and streak of rubble exploded in a line dashing headlong for Lily.

-----------

On the other side of the battlefield, Masane squared off with Amaya. The lunged as one, and Blade passed blade as both were impaled on the other's swords. Masane dropped the ground, as Amaya Disappeared in an explosion of smoke. A Pristine Pair of Amaya emerged from the shadows, and walked towards Masane and her unconscious master. "Shadow Copy. I should have guessed."

"I was a ninja for two hundred years before this time, and have been one an additional two hundred since we last met Masane Amaha. You're twenty four years are nothing to my experience, even with the power of the Witchblade, Prepare to die." The second Amaya picked up Kai. "But only after you watch your master die first, that way your failure to Lady Yuna is total and complete."

((((OOC post up guys. Yua is very obviously deceased. Masane, Kai, and Lily are in deep trouble with seemingly pristine powerhouses heading for them. Try not to get killed, and sorry for the wait.

Growler, the daggers do 50 damage, and you need to roll body (add resistance if ya have it)))))

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yua!!!" Lily screamed. There was no time to mourn though. When she looked at Kyoraku coming towards her, she saw death itself.

Your most powerful weapon will always be your courage, whispered a voice from memory. But you will not have it until you have felt true fear...and mastered it.

Fear was primal; elemental, and it tore at Lily's very soul. Even as the animal mind of instinct howled at her though, Lily stood her ground; holding her sword two-handed between herself and her attacker. She spoke softly to herself the oath she'd taken at the Academy. The oath of service to the Empire. She said the words now, but felt them as she hadn't then.

"Under all the stars in the Empire, I stand,"

Time seemed to slow, and she couldn't hear anything but her own voice, and the drumbeat of her heart thrumming through her. She speaks a little more loudly.

"With my hand I will hold the sun in the sky."

She was the only member of the Dalaraan Empire here now. The others were friends and companions at arms...but there would always be something they could never fully share. Again she raises her voice, now just above a conversational tone.

"With my courage, I will hold back the night."

The Empire was at a turning point, she realized. Something was trying to bring the Emperor's line to an end, which could only mean they meant to install a new ruler. Her fate, and the fate of Earth, would determine the next thousand years or more of hundreds of worlds, trillions of people. She had to be strong. She could not fail. She called out loudly.

"From where I stand, only the call of duty will move me!"

The Gates of Bazaroth were closed; sealed against the demon hordes and guarded by the Keys. But that bulwark could be undone if Kai was claimed. The answer was not to kill him, but to protect him. That was why she was here. Protecting Kai was protecting the Empire.

"Duty to father and family."

She could see them in her mind's eye...rising up unbidden. Brother. Sister. Mother.

"Duty to friends present and gone."

Thinking of Yua's face brought water to her eyes, but her voice didn't shake at all as she shouted the final words of the oath, and her aura blazed bright blue around her.

"Duty to Dalaraan, and all the stars of the Empire!"

In a flash, Lily leaps straight at Kyoraku, raising her sword to strike a blow. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAA..." she shouts, with all the fury and agony of a lost friend driving her forward...but duty guiding her steps.

She evaporates like a soap bubble just before meeting the dread monster head on though.

"...AAAAAAGHHH!!" The battle cry finishes far away, where Amaya has scooped up Kai's unresisting form. Lily erupts out of thin air, and is flying, jumping, exploding in and out of space as her radiant blue sword slashes at Amaya seemingly from every direction at once!

Attack 1: 24

Attack 2: 18

Defense 1: 26

Defense 2: 24

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1586746/

(Edited to compensate for Epic Fail on my Read The GM's Post roll. smile Sword does 108 damage, pierces 12 armor, is multidimensional. Note that I put some stuff in there about Dalaraan's history that's from my own brainz...if you have a history in mind that it conflicts with, let me know and I'll change the post. :))

No! Not another! Georgi was stunned when Yuan fell, her heart in the Hiroga's hand. He snapped out of it when she began moving at a blinding speed toward Lily.

"I will not let this happen!" Georgi yelled.

((OOC: I will finish to post later- don't have my computer with me, so I don't have access to character sheet.)

No! Not another! Georgi was stunned when Yuan fell, her heart in the Hiroga's hand. He snapped out of it when she began moving at a blinding speed toward Lily.

"I will not let this happen!" Georgi yelled as he raised his sniper rifle. His body glowed briefly before firing at Yua's killer. His eyes gleamed with unrestrained emotion.

Attack 1: Aiming with scope

Attack 2:25 [Total attack, Dead Eye, Aimed shot, Scope, Fast Target penalty]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1587790/

Damage:170 (Passion spirit power used, Sabot Round). [Double damage, penetrating 5, piercing 5, area 1]. Didn't include damage multiplier of 9.

((OOC: Penalty used for shooting at a fast target (with Superspeed 2) was -1 (-3 without Dead Eye). Feel free to adjust it accordingly if opponent is faster or slower.))

Defense 1 and 2:12, 15 [Total attack penalty]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1587795/

Lily's first attack draws a burning slash across the Amaya poised over Kai's chest, forcing her back. Her second strike was met by her sword, and both counterattacks from Amaya were parried by her energy sword. It bought a moent's respite for the fallen Key and his contracted defender.

Georgi's shot peirced the energy barrier around Naien and impacted hard against her right flank blasting out a hole straight through her. She grunted in pain as she changed course. "Those who defend the tainted bloodline shall perish."

The trail changed course and Georgi felt her claws tear through and into his armor before he even saw her materialize in front of him. Her twin attacks sent him flying back past Amane and her mysterious caretaker.

((Claw attack does 60 damage, impact attack does another 60)

The man-bear growls as the poison again courses through his veins.

((OOC: Body roll to resist poison-11. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588245/ ))

Growler shouts out his defiance to the world as a bright white glow emenates from him. His wounds look to have healed some.

((Used spirit command Mercy on self))

He then runs across the field of battle to where the Amayas are. The bear-thing then slices at the one the lady with the energy sword isn't attacking.

((OOC: Attack Roll: 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588259/ ))

He then brings the Guan Do into a defensive posture, awaiting the inevitable return attack.

((OOC: Defense Roll: 23 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588266/ ))

((HP: 100 EP: 15))

She was fast and her claws hurt, but Georgi was designed to heal from just that sort of damage. He rose from the ground near Amane, the rifle still in his hand, and aimed it at his opponent. His face had turned to stone.

Current HP: 78/95 (35 hp healed)

Current EP: 20/55

Attack 1: aiming w/ scope

Attack 2: 26 [Total Attack, Aim, Scope, Dead Eye (if necessary)].

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588599/

Damage:85 [penetrating 5, piercing 5, area 1].

Defense 1 and 2:17, 13 [Total attack penalty]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588610/

Growler's attack drives the Amaya attacking Masane back, yet fails to strike her. Her own counter attack does little against the skillful parry of his Guan-do.

Georgi's shot is simply deflected by one of Naien's paws, but fails to be redirected right at him, instead hitting just inches from his head. he manages to dodge the first strike miraculously, but the second strike hammers him hard in his right side.

She jumps back a good thirty meters and grins evilly. "You fight well for a human, let's see how you stand up to my Burst Stream." She took the stance for the same move she'd used against Yua and began to blaze with power.

((Naien's attack does 60 damage again))

The Meteor and Asterion began their descent locked wingtip to wingtip for better reentry. Below them the battle between The two factions raged on. Someone looked up and called out. "Incoming!" The twinkling flash became a streak of light, and then two brilliant streams of light as The Asterion and Meteor separated. Both machines transformed into their robot modes and landed in a long tear on the landscape. Both fifty foot mecha drew themselves up to their full heights amidst the hissing of steam as their armor cooled and whine of heavy servomotors engaging under Earth's Gravity.

The Asterion recovered and reoriented first, the massive pods on the Asterion's shoulders opened up, as the Break Field engaged. In one hand it held its burst railgun, the other had the massive autocannon. Ports on its legs opened revealing racks of missiles ready to launch.

The Meteor was similarly bristling with armament. It held its shield on it's left arm, with its sword in its hand. Everyone could hear the high-pitched whine as the blade seemed to vibrate. In the other hand it held a Massive twin-barreled Buster Rifle, which was currently aimed at Naien. The rifle seemed to taken in energy for a second, then burned brightly as hellish orange energy spewed forth and carved up the ground separating Georgi and Naien.

The Meteor stepped forward, branishing its massive weapons, as did the Asterion, which was aiming at Amaya. "Halt your attacks now. I will not miss a second time. These people are my friends and are under our protection."

Ibis's voice boomed from her speakers. "You have ten seconds to comply."

"10....9....8....7...6...."

(((Post your reactions to the new arrivals and keep in mind the fight is quickly winding down.)))

(((OOC this is what the Asterion looks like)))

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56674672@N00/1016983006/

Face set in a grimace of concentration, Lily blips out again, and reappears between Amaya and Kai's unconscious form.

"I've lost my brother and sister, and Saito, and Yua...you can't have Kai too!! I'll never give him up to you!" It wasn't just Amaya she was yelling at, but all of Bazaroth.

She raises her sword to strike and starts to say, "Star of..." when the shadows fall over her and most of the rest of the combatants and despite everything she looked up, slackjawed.

It was impossible. The Meteor had been destroyed! But there it was, and another one too!

"Saito?!"

Georgi grunted as her claws impacted on his flank. As she cleared away, after deflecting his shot, she issued her complimentary threat.

In response, Georgi gives a hearty chuckle before issuing his own challenge. "Then end it! If you can!" Georgi drew his submachine gun looked to where she stood. As he took off perpendicular to her, he noticed a large shadow cover their area. In the sky, two large mecha's were descending. Georgi hoped they were friendlies. If not, their situation became even more desperate.

He fired bursts at her as he ran.

Attack 1 and 2: 11, 12 [Dead Eye, Steady Hand, Autofire]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1591139/

Defense 1 and 2:19, 10 [second was crit. fail]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1591145/

HP: 92/95 (35 healed)

EP: 20/55

Saito calmly flipped the switch to trigger the Meteor's external loud speaker.

"This is Saito Murazaki, Class Representative of 2-A and Head of the Jindai HIgh School Assault Squad. My mission is to defeand the students of Jindai High School from any and all threats to their safety."

Valerie ignored the incoming starships into the fray, they didn't look like demons and so far it meant they had a lower priority slot in the flowchart.

Val stood her ground in the air, and grabbed the Stock der Zauberei. Holding one hand right at the base of the blade, and the other as far behind as possible, she held it in a manner reminiscent of a pool cue.

Red energies started to float around her, as once again the colors around her faded to an almost gray, a pinpoint of red/black energies swirled around the tip of the lance.

"Zebritch Sterne: Pierce" The swirling energies became tangible, shaping around the main head and the untngible heads around it, almost like they are oozing off from the heads to form one, two, three, four, five sharp string like beams hundreads of smaller and weaker beam sprout from this main ones, making it look like tall grass on the winds as they swerve and swivel widly..

Thin spiderweb like beams, spiraling out from the Stock der Zauberei, everything they touch they pass through like it was non existant reducing it to pieces, all of them directed at Kyoraku. The swirling mass of tentacles rampaged their way through the air, slicing every demon or debris on their path.

The strings closing aroudn Kyoraku like a beartrap would around it's prey, as soon as Val sees the energy get a good grip on the beast and it's surroundings she pulls on the lance, the tip pulling all the strings towards it and squeezing anything between them.

The energy fades from her eyes on that last moment, and she starts to fall backwards slowly but surely.

-------------------

Ok!

Starlight Breaker: Passion for double damage and Bull's eye for auto hit. 164 Damage, disregards 40 Points of Force Field and 20 points of Armor (is this doubled by Passion?)

Defense rolls!

2 Defense Rolls, vs ranged. 2d6+14

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592398/

Valerie will then pass out from the usage of all her EP for the next day or two.

The Autofire bursts go wide, but Valerie's attack hitds dead on in Kyoraku's left flank, shattering ribs and deflating one lung. For a moment it actually stalls the oncoming Burst Stream attack, halting her in her tracks, Then the world goes white as Valerie falls to the ground.

----------------

The world went white as ibis counted. There was an explosive flash as all Four Captains return to the world. Takashi's wings disipated as he fell forward, and Sounga fell from his hand. Raisho is little better, his long White hair matted with blood and his robe torn and stained. He knelt on one knee, Using Tenseiga to hold himself up. He struggled to his feet and held Tenseiga before him.

Both he and Hizashi surveyed the battlefield. Naien and the Amaya were still game for a fight, Takashi was down, and Yushiro was decapitated, and Hizaashi, who looked utterly pristine. On the allied side, Raisho was barely standing, Johnson was pristine, Valerie was unconscious, Lily, Georgi, and Growler had all seen much better days. Kai and Masane were unconscious and close to death. Amane was being tended by the strange girl who had appeared, and at best she was in critical condition.

Hizashi nods once. "It is done, you are the Victor, Raisho Ishiyama of Team Five."

Raisho nods, barely standing, the yellow glow of his eyes barely there.

"In accordance with our law, you challenged and won supremacy of the area, therefore all our forces shall immediately withdraw. The Island Nation of Japan shall be safe from all further attacks from our forces in accordarce to the rules of supremacy."

He walked forward calmly and extended a hand to Raisho. "I congratulate you, the victor of Tokyo." Raisho shook the hand, his physical strength waning fast. "I am proud of you Raisho, for a mortal man to do what you have done will cost a heavy price, and you have shouldered that burden without question. That speaks well of your character."

He turned and called to Amaya and Naien. "Collect Takashi and our fallen. We are leaving Japan. This is their territory now and forever."

"But with you we can still win.. " Naien started to argue, knowing that if Hizashi fought they could easily triumph.

"He fought Takashi for Supremacy, and won. The law is clear, any breach of the law will be met by my harshest retribution." Kusanagi seemed to pulse and hum in its scabbard, lending menace to his words.

He addresses Lily and the others. "This day you and those who fight for you have won Supremacy and Peace for Japan. Those who have fallen shall be remembered. Know that no forces I command shall be permitted to make aggressive moves against this area. The Gate of Bazaroth is for you to deal with as you see fit. Beyond that, The rest of the world shall come under our control. Enjoy your isolation and peace, and venture forth, when you think you are ready."

He began walking away, presenting his broad back to the others, Amaya, Now emerging from the shadows and clearly upset but unwilling to challenge Hizashi, followed, with her two remaining copies carrying Takashi and Yushiro's corpse.

Naien brought up the rear. She stopped at Yua's body and knelt down. When she rose, The fallen hiroga warrior's hands were clasped over the hilt of her sword on her chest. "You were a brave and honorable warrior, even if you were misguided sister. Your Death was one I do regret." She followed her masters and vanished with them, leaving Lily and the others alone, and for the moment, at peace.

As soon as the spectacle finished, Raisho nods, and uncerimoniously returns to his natural black-haired form, and falls over unconscious.

(((OOC Those of you still up and about may act as you please, seeing about the fallen, calling down what support you can for the wounded, and what actions you wish. If none of you have anything to add at this point, post in the Table talk thread to that extent and I will close this session and award CP, and begin the next Chapter.)))

Saito's sensors recorded dozens of active, if not slightly exhaused lifesigns as the various CRT personnel moved quickly to finish evacuating the civilians. One of the last shuttles was preparing to lift off and he noticed that Lily and all the others were still on the ground.

Saito did not need to worry about the shuttle as he could fly the Meteor back by locking onto the shuttle's flight pattern. Saito began to move the rubble away from the people that were still trapped under the destroyed high school but making sure to take extreme caution not to cause any further collapses.

In a daze, Lily watches the enemy forces depart, leaving the shattered wreckage of her friends and fellow fighters in their wake. Never in her life could she remember feeling so...inconsequential. The REAL fight had always been elsewhere, while she and the others struggled for their lives against Satoshi's second and third line troops. The day had been won...but there was no glory in it. Just weary resignation.

Then she stiffens as a silver blast of memory shoots through her. Kai! Lily whirls and sees where he's fallen. She's not as fast as Yua was, but is far faster than most humans as she blazes to his side, picks him gently up...and vanishes.

In one of the dropships, there's a momentary distortion, and for an instant a girl and a boy are in the middle of the crew bay. Just for an instant.

They both appear in the medical deck of the orbiting mothership, and Lily barks out, "He needs medical help! No matter what happens...don't let him die!"

Then she's gone again to rejoin the others on the ground and do what she can to get them back safely.

The medical team onboard the Archangel was startled by Lily's appearance, but there was no mistaking her tone. It was only then that they recognized ther person she was bringing as Kai Morisato, perhaps the only person rated Alpha-One other than her. They immediately brought him into the bay and began tending his wounds.

The Asterion stows its weapons as its missile ports close and the break field dissipates. Then with the same care exhibited by the Meteor, Ibis has the Asterion bwegin removing the remaining debris. She uses the Asterion's powerful hands to remove the large chunks of debris and soon the survivors are uncoverd due to the two pilots' efforts.

Saito spoke over the Comm-Link that connected him to Ibis's Asterion.

"Ibis, it appears that we were too late. All of the Meteor's speed and power amounted to nothing in this battle and many lives were lost here today. Maybe coming back to Earth was a mistake if this is the only aid that I can offer."

Saito said as he gestured his mecha's hand over the desolate battlefield.

"Jindai was the first place that I could have considered to be my home but just look at it now."

"Saito, you damn well know you saved that Trooper in the black armor's life. That thing was headed straight for him, with a power output close to the Meteor and my Asterion. Only your blast carving a furrow and the attack from that girl who passed out halted it."

She lowers her voice. "Besides Saito, there's not much here in Japan left to save. At least here we made some sort of difference."

"Miss Nanamura?" Georgi said over the speakers of his suit as he kneeled next to Amane. "I thought we told the rest of the students to stay put." Geogri wasn't angry. In fact, he was grateful that someone had been tending to the woman whom he cared for more than life itself.

He removed his helmut and gave the Jindai senior a smile. "Thank you for taking care of her." Georgi gently cradled Amane's hand in his, as they waited for medical attention to arrive.

"I know that, I guess it's just the feeling of arriving a little too late that gets to me. Not only that, but I havent seen my friends for so long and seeing them again makes me a little nervous....especially after this kind of battle".

Strangely enough, Georgi seems unaffected by the Stasis field Akina has errected around Amane.

"You're connection to Amane must be quite strong, you truly care about her, for you to peirce my barrier field coach."

Akina's voice was not the one anyone present remembered. It wasn't deeper, but she sounded so sure of herself. She called out to one of the CRT medical teams. "Amane, Masane, and Raisho need immediate attention. I can't maintain the healing and barrier spells on all of them, especially not of the magnitude they need."

Without a word the CRT personnel took over. Akina released her spells on them, and fell to her knees. "Oh God I think I overdid it..." With that she too passes out and falls to the ground.

----------

"Saito We did the right thing. You believe in these people that's enough for me to stand with you. I just hope they don't mind a couple of Federation Warriors onboard their ship. It's proven rather unassailable for any of us up to this point."

There was now only the two medical teams and one last dropship remaining.

The Medical teams loaded up the injured officers, the unconscious Valerie and Akina, and waited as everyone else boarded the ship before blasting off to redevous with the Archangel. The Meteor and Asterion flew escort in their robot modes. Those that could cast one last glance at Jindai High, a place they'd all first met, where they'd been drawn together.

The buildings were barely standing after a week of raging battle, and the fight between theem and the Satoshi officers had devastated it even further. The ruins of Tokyo tower were off on the horizon,the only structure of the proud city to be said to be even remotely standing.

Captain Johnson said it best, in a voice only a few could hear. "We will be back, We will rebuild. This isn't over, not by a longshot."

((OOC this session and chapter are now complete. 12 CP awarded to all players. The next Chapter should start tomorrow.)))

Archived