Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS. Lily and the rest: I may be wrong but I dont think the place leads to deep space. The Fools GPS said Nepal (I thought I was clear but then again his way of speaking may *seem* unintelligible..its not really I promise!), while Cherub's said outer space.

Didn't anyone else get similar confliciting readings?

Arr, okay then. That's why I posted about space in my post. smile

Because, looking through, it seemed quite possible it led to space. And since there was at least one reading corroborating that, it seemed a strong possibility.

Might still be in space, for that matter. Asteroid or something. Do we need Cohagan to give us air? smile

Originally Posted By: Lily
Arr, okay then. That's why I posted about space in my post. smile

Because, looking through, it seemed quite possible it led to space. And since there was at least one reading corroborating that, it seemed a strong possibility.

Might still be in space, for that matter. Asteroid or something. Do we need Cohagan to give us air? smile

Nice Total Recall reference Lily! "Get your ass to Mars!"

laugh

Are you our new coordinator? Seriously though we all have comm devices which would show up on any HUD or scanners (Which is what the Fool has, not sure about the rest of you). Presumably it wouold still function with Cherub's attunement...

We all have stealth options:

Cherub: MC Air

Callum: Invisibility in Shadow (Body morph: Shadow?) or Shroud?

Grey Goo: Shapeshift (Optical Camoflague, bolstered with weave?)

The Fool: Gadget bolstered with Weave/Eufiber

Sean: Straight Invisibility.

Not sure if Shapeshift can emulate camoflauge...though I could see how you could argue it could, since it can clearly let me change my exterior color to simulate different skin tones, clothing, etc.

Don't have eufiber though, so weave is moot.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
You can continue playing on your way down the runway.
Given that we're all in stealth mode talking is kind of out.

First 3 exp I get I'll buy "Psychic Link" so the PCs can talk to each other while we're invisible. Theme wise I think I'm pretty close and P-Link is a useful game tool both IC and OOC.

I would assume that the OC would have us implanted with radio comm devices using sub-ocal tech. Its a staple of the genre. Likewise its hard for me to imagine Callum using a regular SCUBA gear. Not only are we in the future but its aberrant. Rebreather tech is much more streamlined (and what the Fool uses).

Jack/Fool is right. There is no need for you guys to buy P-Link. You've been fitted with comm devices that work on sub-vocal tech. It's only weakness is, that is jammable in theory... it works in the cave but not further than 30 meters (about 100 Feet).

Looks like Void won't show up anytime sooner, so I'll be giving you an update along with some missing details which I gave Void to provide you with. Lets see how I can manage it without her.

(You can call me Sky here if you want to, or SL....)

Cool. I'll edit. Technically I need to wait until everyone has declared what they are doing and you have posted what the antagonists have done before I declare so as to preempt any of the above. (Foresight you know...very handy!)

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
I would assume that the OC would have us implanted with radio comm devices using sub-ocal tech. Its a staple of the genre. Likewise its hard for me to imagine Callum using a regular SCUBA gear. Not only are we in the future but its aberrant. Rebreather tech is much more streamlined (and what the Fool uses).

Callum is dormed down. Even assuming pretty advanced rebreather tech he would still need a tank for some O2 and more importantly He gas to prevent the bends. Either way he's going to have some gear. Maybe he likes it old school eh?

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
Cool, although you should know that rebreather teach takes O2 directly from the water on the molecular level similar to fish gills so it need not be bulky. But sure, why not...go vintage!!!

I'm aware how a rebreather works, I'm also fully aware that all things being equal not all things will BE equal. I'd rather have my own O2 supply in case some smart ass nova has leeched all the O2 out of the water or whatever. Also like I said you need a different mix to avoid pressure sickness and so an He tank would be required

ok, I updated. Before questions arise. You are not confined. You can move freely around. You cannot teleport outside (you virtually bump into the wall and bounce back to where your original position was).

You can feel the overwhelming power of the Chrysalis and it looks highly unstable.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
@Courier - there is no barrier, you are free to move. You cannot make out any other security system.

None of Newtons accomplices says anything if you move out of the alcove.
How far would I have to walk before running into one of those energy streams? He and I are both Chameleons, in theory if he can do it then I can do it.

Newtons friends would intercept your path, they prevent you from getting closer than 15 Feet. Currently Jack is the only one who has managed to breach that circle but he is eyed extremely suspiciously and it looks like any wrong move could start a fight.

But you are right, whatever he is doing, assuming its Matter Chameleon, you should be able to copy.

Archived