Aberrant: 200X - Introduction Thread

Odysseus

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How're all you people doing? Name's Jake, but most people know me as Praxis. I am an icon of the novox revolution. Don't know if any of my fans are on here... if you're on here, what's up? If you're not fans, I'm sure I can bring you over to the dark side soon enough. I would introduce you to my band but they don't have the 'credentials' (i.e. the little cancer in your head that makes us special) to be here so at least for now it's just me.

Hey Praxis. Not a fan of the harsh metal you play, but I'm hoping to be a musician myself someday. Maybe we could hook up and jam sometime if you do stuff other than the metal. I heard you started out doing covers, is that true or just another opnet rumor?

Originally Posted By: Jael Carver
Now... if Slider would show up here... laugh

Never happen. I'm sure the only reason Pandora's handlers allow her to visit this forum is because she's not as widely known as even most third-string members of T2M. Someone like Jenner wouldn't have the time or permissions for this.

Welcome, by the way, to Praxis. Your music is impressive, from a technical standpoint. Watching you do what you do is rather fascinating. It's not my kind of sound, but I like what you're doing. Keep it up.

Originally Posted By: Sean
Welcome to the board, Praxis. I think your music sucks, so I won't be a fan.

Glad to see you here, though.

I would ask that you wait until you see one of my shows before you make a judgement call yay or nay. Still, I like the honesty.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Hey Praxis. Not a fan of the harsh metal you play, but I'm hoping to be a musician myself someday. Maybe we could hook up and jam sometime if you do stuff other than the metal. I heard you started out doing covers, is that true or just another opnet rumor?

If you can dream it up, I can play it. Yes, it's true I started out doing covers and every time we put out an album we try some "reimagining" of old tracks. I'm working on a version of Every Breath You Take, by Sting and the Police. Making it a little harder and a lot creepier. The song's about a stalker, how did it get turned into a love ballad? As far as what I can play and what I've covered, I've covered everything from Creedence Clearwater Revival to Dethklok so whatever you want to do, I'm all for it.

Originally Posted By: Cain, PI

Welcome, by the way, to Praxis. Your music is impressive, from a technical standpoint. Watching you do what you do is rather fascinating. It's not my kind of sound, but I like what you're doing. Keep it up.

It's not for everybody, I'll admit that. Still half of what makes an act a success is the act itself. Music is good, music is great, you can't succeed without it. But what else you can't succeed without is a damn fine show and that's what I strive for.

Thanks for the welcoming, everybody, it's good to be with you.

Originally Posted By: Praxis
I would ask that you wait until you see one of my shows before you make a judgement call yay or nay. Still, I like the honesty.

Roughly translated:

"I'm one of those enchanting social nova types. Stop by my show and I'll dose you with so much juice that my lack of possible talent will hardly be noticed and you'll be a fan just long enough to buy a t-shirt, and my new CD."

Went ahead and fixed that for ya Praxis. Seriously, you're in Rome, like we don't know the tricks we play on the public and each other.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
Went ahead and fixed that for ya Praxis. Seriously, you're in Rome, like we don't know the tricks we play on the public and each other.

Sounds like someone had sour grapes for breakfast, to me.

Don't worry, Praxis - I still love your music. smile Are you coming in concert to Phoenix before August?

Never happen. I'm sure the only reason Pandora's handlers allow her to visit this forum is because she's not as widely known as even most third-string members of T2M. Someone like Jenner wouldn't have the time or permissions for this.

Man, and people wonder why some people don't want to work for Utopia. That sucks. :pouts:

Man, and people wonder why some people don't want to work for Utopia. That sucks. :pouts:

Their PR department plays hardball. When you insist on putting on the face of an omnibenevolent, squeaky-clean organization, you can't let little things like individual flaws or free will go putting cracks in that facade. Really, it's as sensible as it is reprehensible.

Originally Posted By: Revenant

Sounds like someone had sour grapes for breakfast, to me.

That's what it looks like from here, too. But to be fair, I'm guessing Revenant is used to this being the case. As a point of note, though, he's both right and he's wrong. He's right that my eruption enhanced my talent above and beyond the typical human norm. In the end it's all good because it just means I can make better music. I do not hide behind my power, I use it to enhance what's there, and what's there is pretty impressive, I think. Though I am biased, just a little.

However, he's wrong about the reasons for wanting young Sean here to come to a show. Like I told Cain, music is only part of it. It's a big part, but it is still part. The art of the performance is just as important. If he's honestly doesn't like the music, or if he's just denying it to be different, that won't change if he comes to a show. It will simply be that he will have seen us live, which is an experience not to be missed.

Don't worry, Praxis - I still love your music. smile Are you coming in concert to Phoenix before August?

It is a definite possibility. I'm currently working on putting out a new album. What I can do, though, while I'm working out tour scheduling, is send out a copy signed by me and the rest of my band as soon as it's done. You'll probably get it about a month or so before it actually hits shelves. What do you think about that?

Originally Posted By: Doctor Aeon
Hello everyone. I'm formally of Project Utopia, but now a freelance researcher and inventor (I love one and the other pays the bills).

Interesting. Now are you formally of Project Utopia(meaning that you work for them in name) or formerly(meaning you did at one point but no longer). As far as the other two are concerned, I would be interested in seeing some of your work, if you would be so inclined.

It is a definite possibility. I'm currently working on putting out a new album. What I can do, though, while I'm working out tour scheduling, is send out a copy signed by me and the rest of my band as soon as it's done. You'll probably get it about a month or so before it actually hits shelves. What do you think about that?

That would be AWESOME. I already made my boyfriend go nuts when I told him that you were on this board, and that I'd spoken to you and gotten a reply. An autographed album will make him die from jealously. laughlaugh I don't mean that literally.

Hello everyone. I'm formally of Project Utopia, but now a freelance researcher and inventor (I love one and the other pays the bills).

Welcome. smile

Originally Posted By: Sampajanna
Hello, folks. Chicago nova new to the site here. I'm 24, a Buddhist, and am currently working as a bartender.

A bartending Buddhist? Goddamn. That's some two-punch description, there, man. Interesting. Damn interesting.

How're all you people doing? Name's Jake, but most people know me as Praxis.

Fuck yeah, Praxis. You can count me as a fan. You guys play some pretty raw shit, man, I really enjoy what you do. I saw you guys play at the Garden a few months back? Excellent show, man. You guys blew the fucking roof off the place. Glad to see you here. I hope it doesn't turn out you're a douchebag.

Because all but the most thoroughly-indoctrinated, dogma-suckling cunts wise up and leave eventually?

Well, that is certainly one possible reason out of several, but I was hoping for a slightly more indepth explanation. Also, I was hoping that Doctor Aeon would be the one providing it.

But thank you, Henry, nonetheless. smile

Short Story:

They treated me like a thing, not a person.

Longer Version:

I erupted when I was 15. My parents couldn't deal with a kid suddenly so much smarter than they were, so they signed me over to Utopia to "handle". I went were they told me, worked on the projects they told me to work on, and damn all if I was tired, sick of it, or plain not interested.

I was told I had to perform. I was too isolated from real life to know any better, so I did as I was told. Finally, a few months ago I decided I would rather die than work on another gizmo they wanted me to reverse engineer. I made what preperations I could and walked out the door when they were moving me from one facility to another. I've been walking away ever since.

Seriously, I rarely worked with other novas and never for a long period of time. I outgrew baseline assistance pretty much by the time I was twenty. I never got to meet people for the sake of meeting people, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and the isolation was for my own good, because others wouldn't understand me. Frankly, I would have rather found that out on my own. Meeting people is why I came here.

So what kind of stuff do you invent?

I have no current projects, because I'm not keeping any fixed residence.
What I would like to do is create a viable point-to-point transportation network. I would also like to a replicatable means of Faster-Than-Light travel for Humanity.

In more concrete forms, I've been working on stronger vaccines for the Flu, faster Opnet processors, and stronger e-cells for automotive engines.

Doctor Aeon, I'm very sorry to hear that your experiences with Utopia were so unpleasant. They do have a lot of workaholic sorts in that organization, I have to agree.

I hope that things are more relaxed for you now, and thank you for answering my question so fully.

So what kind of stuff do you invent?

I have no current projects, because I'm not keeping any fixed residence.
What I would like to do is create a viable point-to-point transportation network. I would also like to a replicatable means of Faster-Than-Light travel for Humanity.

In more concrete forms, I've been working on stronger vaccines for the Flu, faster Opnet processors, and stronger e-cells for automotive engines.

Really? At some time we should get together and do some brainstorming. Some good should come out of our efforts!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone! We are the Geminis. We guess the closest thing we have to an occupation is "Freelance Nova". We heard of this place and figured we'd check it out, say hi to a few people. We're currently hanging out in Berlin at the moment, but we end up just about anywhere.

After looking through this list of introductions than hilarious ridicules, I am cautious to write my introduction. But alas, here I am. Ridicule away.

My name is Eliot Krogen. Regardless of whether you've stumbled across my name or not, I am an actor. Mostly voice acting, as in narrating documentaries or characters in kids cartoons, but I still do a little bit of acting. I am currently working on my four-years-and-running project about the experience of erupting.

And little known fact, I would die for a vodka martini right now.

Hello, Cosmic Comet. Welcome to the boards. You'll have to tell us about your work with NASA - it sounds fascinating.

Welcome Eliot, too. I wasn't familiar with you until I did some research right now - I'm afraid I'm not fond of movies. However, I do know a place that makes excellent vodka martinis; if you come to New York, I'll treat you to one. smile

Welcome, both of you. Cosmic Comet, loving the name. And the hair. Eliot, I heard about your project through a few other contacts in the industry. Seems like a pretty decent goal. How many interviewees do you have so far?

Archived