Catalyst

I am going to UCSC next year. They really like the fact I am well a minority, female nova. I love the fact I get to live 2 miles from the beach, block away from a wicked bar, and free school. I mean the grants I get for being me are silly.

Anyone else have big news?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By 'next year' do you mean the fall semester/quarter? If so, congrats and be happy for the free school. I had to work through my three and a half semesters and didn't have the luck to erupt until my senior midterms.

As for big news - maybe some later, like in mid-June.

Well, I wills tart in the fall quarter. I will be majoring chemistry. I will be a Crown Student but no dorm life for me. Really live with strangers, and be a nova? Oh that sounds fun.

I still am going to be working for California, but they want me to get something done in school. They are having test a few things out in some labs. Hush hush stuff, well not really. They are having me look into ways to make improvements on roads, paper and glasses.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
Well Love, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if you did. laugh

Catalyst, finding new ways to do the most mundane functions can create a fortune, or save a government, or company one. Don't knock the complexity of road-work.

Yes, but really. Not fun times. Important,yes. Still I am looking forward to school.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Cat! grin

And Mr. Brickman, I was under the impression that employees of DeVries were put through a rather exhaustive battery of supplemental education after signing on to be an Elite, in everything from public relations to international diplomacy to foreign language to social sciences. At least, that was certainly the way it was presented to me... Has your experience not reflected that? confused

I don't know why you would choose to go to UC Santa Cruz for a chemistry degree. Being a lifelong local of the area, I can tell you that UCSC's best programs are: pot smoking, basket weaving, social justice, anything related to banana slugs or tree hugging, and of course, surfing.

Ok, so I was joking about the social justice programs. But seriously, if you want to study chemistry, go to Stanford. It is only a few miles to the horth, in Palo Alto.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
And Mr. Brickman, I was under the impression that employees of DeVries were put through a rather exhaustive battery of supplemental education after signing on to be an Elite, in everything from public relations to international diplomacy to foreign language to social sciences. At least, that was certainly the way it was presented to me... Has your experience not reflected that? confused
Yes and no. It's strongly encouraged, but it's not part a required part of my employment.

Also while some things come really easily the more egg headed stuff appears to have issues with me. Learning disability or maybe just a low boredom tolerance, it probably doesn’t matter. I pick up firearms info, military history, sports, and girls, but that’s about it.

School is something that I enjoy. Not the grades or the paper work but the learning, and the people.

Lambert, I thought you did not much like me...I got a cold shoulder vibe from you the only time I saw you..Oh well. Are you Still with Lib? If you are..You are more than welcome to come with her to Santa Cruz anytime you want..Not that I could tell you not to come but hell. I want to meet all the cool novas I see here.

I've created my own version of a "drinking game" (that's what you American's call it, no?).

Every time one of you posts a stupid little piece calling attention to yourself and how special you are I go out and kill a dog or a cat.

Originally Posted By: Alptraum
I've created my own version of a "drinking game" (that's what you American's call it, no?).

Every time one of you posts a stupid little piece calling attention to yourself and how special you are I go out and kill a dog or a cat.

I bet that Peta really loves you.

Yes, still here. And tallying up kitty corpses thanks to the absurdity of your enormous egos. Honestly, I think I might get bored soon.

Though, I do have hopes that these little beasts recognize the names I speak to them as I tear out their vitals. It would be a shame if they died in such agony without knowing whom to blame.

Then again you could look at this way, no matter what he does with his powers is not our fault. He has come to a site on the opnet and is shocked when posters on it have big egos? Look at the nets. Show a me a site that is different.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
Then again you could look at this way, no matter what he does with his powers is not our fault.

That seems to be a popular way of looking at the world these days. I'm a bit shocked to see a member of a rescue team possessing the "it's not my problem" attitude. But given that you're a nova I'm overly suprised.

You see, it is our problem because he is one of us, a nova. His sins can just as easily burden you, me or anyone else. How many atrocious acts could Alptraum commit before the public stops calling them "Alptraum's Crimes" and begins labeling as "Nova Crimes". In the span of a heartbeat many of us could be suffering for his actions.

It is our problem, and if we ignore his threats and petty hate filled tirades and he commits heinous acts that harm others, then yes, it is our fault.

Quote:
Look at the nets. Show a me a site that is different.

Wikipedia. Not a lot of egos there, in fact the site is quite factual.

Autumn, there is a huge gulf between things that could be our problems and the things that are our fault. I help out when and were I think I can do the most good, but I do not consider myself every brother's keeper. We are each responsible for our own actions. We may one day be blamed for crimes committed by others of our supposed race, but this still does not make it our fault ... or at least my fault. If you want to take responsibility for every evil done by another nova, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Quote:
We are each responsible for our own actions.

Tell that to the media and those who demonize us.

Feel free to ignore him all you like, when he shows up in your neighborhood and starts killing off your friends and family and/or pets (80% of all serial killers start off by killing animals) let me know if you feel like it's 'your fault' then, knowing he was a psychopath and the only thing you found necessary was to taunt and tease him and not consider for a moment that he might actually do it.

He'll have the last laugh, I'm sure. I sure as hell am not taking him lightly.

What do you suggest we do, then? I mean, if it was my town we could call the police or animal control or something and we could run by his place and check it out. But who do you call for this? "Hello, there's this nova who posts on a forum that he tortures kittens."

Seriously, who handles things like that?

There is no one we can call, but honestly that is also no reason to treat it like it's not a threat.

Imagine for a minute this scenario in your home town, were you were face to face with that man. Were he to make the same statement, would you giggle and play it off or look at him a bit shocked and proceed to be a bit scared for the animals in your community?

I would fear for myself, and those he threatened. I would be on my guard and certainly not tease him or instigate him to see if he is serious. That's what some of us are doing and while I will not stand here and tell you all to stop, I will tell you to please consider what it is, and who it is that you are dealing with.

Just please, be smart about what you say to this man.

I am hardly a threat. Killing people is stupid. Why would I do it? I have no desire to spend my time in prison.

As for face to face, I've already mentioned some of you have already met me face to face. They are doing just fine.

But, tweaking your tender sensibilities when it comes to ramming a screwdriver up the anus of a kitten and letting it die slowly and horribly, that is simply fun.

Alpraum, Why should your actions really bother anyone on this site? You harm small defenseless animals. Great. You are bad man. In the last 24 hours tens of thousand of people died withering in pain.

Alptraum, you do small dead because you are a small man. You do Petty things and wish for others to watch you. Go on else where with your pony show. We are not the cause of your actions, you are.

If this site died, and no one ever posted here. You would be doing the same thing in the name of a "different" cause.Now I am done with you.

Archived