Aberrant: The Long March - Chapter 4: Walking a well trod path.

Mr Fox

Morgan chuckles as he walks in and hears he comment. Once he closes the distance he offers his hand in greeting, "I am Morgan, I'm a former soldier, but now I heal and I can open holes between two points in space allowing for instant travel between say here and London or Moscow." He smiles, "Anywhere on the planet really. Mostly I just play doorman for the rest of these folks as they jump back and forth."

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Sitting at one end of the table Elizabeth, Phillip's companion, speaks up after seeing the video, "That is incredible Omar." Looking to Phillip and the rest, "Phillip asked me last night if I'd found anything to focus my studies on yet, but I'm still so overwhelmed by everything. Not to belittle what you do Omar, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm more impressed with what you did there or of the vechicles you were stacking." She smiles with a little bemusement in her face.

To Elizabeth "I know I am not as smart as you, but let me know if I can assist when you find something."

Quote:
With that, Bradford grows larger (large enough that he still has head room) and grows spines, tentacles, and is covered again in the same crackling aura of electricity.

"Hey Bradford, can you make many of you? Could you create a small army to fool someone?"

"You are too modest Morgan." The big man grins as he gives Morgan a respectful bow. "If it was not for you, I would not be here today. Or is your memory failing you in your old age."

After telling Elizabeth that the busses really didn't weigh very much, Omar turns to the altered form of Bradford. "Impressive." he says to him with a big smile. "Maybe we should take this into the gym where you can hone your new found abilities."

Quote:

"Hey Bradford, can you make many of you? Could you create a small army to fool someone?"

Bradford takes a long pull from his cigarette and sips his tea before replying. "It's a bit complicated. One person, I can fool, no problems. Two or three, fairly easy. As the number of people I target increases, the less convincing my abilities are."

Quote:
After telling Elizabeth that the busses really didn't weigh very much, Omar turns to the altered form of Bradford. "Impressive." he says to him with a big smile. "Maybe we should take this into the gym where you can hone your new found abilities."

Bradford smiles. "Sure, that sounds like it could be fun. Hope you can keep up, friend." He stubs out his cigarette, polishes of his cup of tea, and gets out of his chair.

"Where to?"

Morgan grins at the comments. "Thank you both, and as for that old man comment, not so old as I once was. I don't know if you've noticed, but the only grey I have left is right at the temples, I was completely grey we we started this little adventure." He smiles broadly, "It's not because of dye either."

Morgan smiles. "Yeah, that Hammersmith event made a ton of changes alright." As people start to get up Morgan interrupts, "Hang on guys, we can work out after the meeting. Lets make sure we have our game plan figured out, and see if we can find something for our new team members to do before we go pummeling each other again. Not that I mind healing your bruises and broken bones..."

Morgan speaks, "One thing we thought of, is that we need to install an agent close to each of the worlds major leaders. Most likely their personal secretaries; to spy on them for us."

Lorean follows Morgan, "I am going to open offices in each of the world's major cities for information gathering. I'll have a staff of people collecting all the published materials in those areas, and getting copies of all public records. I'll also have one or two staff members in each office go over all the publications. What they don't know is that as they look through the material, I'll be recording what they read to add to my databases. That should give us a good handle on public opinion as well as specific news like the emergence of other novas. It was shear luck that we discovered Mr. Gaines here."

Cody enters the bridge. On the tall side of average, he is an imposing melato man with the chiseled features and air of a commando soldier. He is dressed in some kind of skintight black tactical suit that doesn't appear to be Eufiber (though when does it ever...). Covering each eye socket are individual chrome lenses that add to the intimidating effect. He stands for a moment, taking in the scene and looks the newcomers up and down before silently sitting down with the others.

In their heads, only those outfitted with Lorean's communication device hear Cody's voice in their minds.

*I take it that's the magician* He "says", indicating Bradford with another wordless glance. *We need to talk...*

Omar turns around and takes a seat, but not before giving a curious glance to cody. After adjusting himself in the seat, he speaks to Cody's mind.

*Is there a problem? Do you not trust our new addition?

Bradford was mildly startled by the newcomer's appearance and slightly taken aback by the stark contrast in his entrance than his friendlier associates.

"So...is this your ship's principal or...?"

He looks around to see if anyone thought that was funny before extending his hand to Cody.

"I'm just kidding. Bradford Gaines the III. And you are...?"

Lorean says over the link, "Our new friend Phillip already has a comm. I have one for Bradford, but was going to give it to him after breakfast."

She pauses in what she was saying then ads, "I'm detecting something different about your mind Cody... I don't seem to be having to filter out the harsh static that I had to before. Did something happen?"

Originally Posted By: Cytorak Ruby
Bradford stops and comes back to the table.

"Fair enough. What did you guys have in mind?"
Steve says,

"Economics tends to shape pollitics as well as vice versa. There are some unobvious things neccessary to the smooth running of a modern economy that don't exist yet. Not having certain fail safes is going to cause huge problems, taken together they'll be known as the Great Depression."

"The United States is one of the keys here. They'll be leading everyone off a cliff in about 10 years, but that isn't going to happen this time."

Down the deceptively long hallways a strange rumble can be heard. It grows and changes pitch into a regular throbbing growl. The doors to the bridge open, increasing the noice substatially as Andrew rides into the bridge on a 1920 Indian motorcycle. He rumbles to a stop and kicks the stand down as he cuts the engine. With a big grin he dismounts.

"Morning all! I finished up my biodeisel research last night and decided to work on ethanol/gasoline mixtures to help maintain the petroleum viability while extending the lifespan of the worlds reserves. I had Lorean teleport this bike up for me to exeriment with a few hours ago. Heh fun stuff, I'd never ridden a motorbike before!"

Andrew walks over to the food table and begins piling a plate with an unseemly amount of food. He turns such that he faces away from everybody and there is an audible squishing sound before he turns around and drops the now empty plate onto the dirty pile.

"Much better, long hours and the ol' tummy gets grumbly. So, have I missed anything? How did Mr. Lenin take our proposal?"

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Lorean says over the link, "Our new friend Phillip already has a comm. I have one for Bradford, but was going to give it to him after breakfast."

She pauses in what she was saying then ads, "I'm detecting something different about your mind Cody... I don't seem to be having to filter out the harsh static that I had to before. Did something happen?"

Speaking into everyone's minds (which may surprise Bradford), Cody responds,

*It was at Hammersmith's...I didn't want to tell anybody at first. Somehow my body absorbed a tremendous ammount of the energy. Yes...the psychic static is gone. Even my filters seem to have been imrpoved. It's....everything is so quiet now. And when I concentrate, there is...a vast Silence.*

*When I was inside Lenin...I could feel it...something was different. I slipped easily into his mind, like liquid, or...a Shadow. Had it not been for our intentions, I think he would have never even known I was there...*

*But...*

Cody looks directly at Steve and then Lorean, their reflections visible to them in the silver lenses.

*I haven't been able to utter one word otherwise since...*

((ooc: I asume Cody is not using the "comm". Phillip wouldn't be able to hear this even if he wanted to.))

Phillip looks perplexed as everyone seems to be looking at Cody as if he was talking, and yet Phillip heard nothing.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Morgan speaks, "One thing we thought of, is that we need to install an agent close to each of the worlds major leaders. Most likely their personal secretaries; to spy on them for us."

Bradford smirked. "Unfortunately, dictation and shorthand are not tricks in the illusionist's bag, so to speak. Frankly, I can't see any of the lot of you being in that position without going stir-crazy. Maybe that's just me..."

Originally Posted By: SkyLion

Speaking into everyone's minds (which may surprise Bradford), Cody responds, *snip*
*I haven't been able to utter one word otherwise since...*

A strange look comes across Bradford's face. "Huh. That's a bit odd, innit? Weren't you lot talking about this Hammersmith fellow last night? Something about an explosion causing my abilities and those of others?"

Morgan nods to Bradford, "Yes, the event caused your powers, but it also seems to have had an effect on us as well. My abilities in healing improved considerably as a result. Seems to have a changed Cody's telepathy. Before the event, anytime he spoke with someone mind to mind it caused them extreme pain, but he was able to speak with words. As for the secretary positions, I was thinking we'd hire people for those position that would be loyal to us, not fill them ourselves."

Steve says,

"Personally I think the most valuable that you'd bring to us is a sense of perspective. This is your world, your people... I mean, it's ours too, but most of us were born a long time from now. I'm the oldest guy on board and we're still more than a decade away from my birth. There's going to be a lot of things we just miss because we're not expecting to see them."

Archived