Josh Brickman

Well, I’m back. Got my ass handed to me last mission.

I was bigger than him, stronger, quicker… and he pulled some mental mojo with telepathy and I ended up first running into a mountain and then into a building that fell on me. Being buried alive is not fun… although I was unconscious for most of it.

Only good things to come of this (good as in, ‘not as bad as it could have been’) are that it wasn’t caught on film and I wasn’t technically unmasked (although that’s only because he couldn’t get to me). He says he could have fried me even under the rubble and I don't know enought to say he couldn't.

Josh, you're ok, right? I don't want my #1 nova fan to be injured!

Originally Posted By: Chase Hardin
Why are you advertising this? I mean dude, didn't your handler/agent teach you anything?

This must be some Elite thing, because I'm not sure what you mean. Is it wrong to admit that he's not perfect?

In a competative buisness such at the Elite world, advertising your failures is a poor marketing strategy.
But good survival statigy.

Why are you advertising this? I mean dude, didn't your handler/agent teach you anything?
In Elite culture, to lose your mask is the same as being killed. That's even true legally. Someone else held your life in his hands and what he took is the mask instead. Your identity is dead until you take back your mask from him.

That's the difference between elites who function with masks and those who don't. If I'd been going without a mask he'd just have killed me.

But this time around we have a situation that's neither fish nor fowl. He got me, but he didn't take my mask. So deal is that I'll publically admit to what happened and we'll call it even. Sure, I could claim it didn't happen, but if I did then the next time I get nailed by somebody then they'll just kill me.

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
Josh, you're ok, right? I don't want my #1 nova fan to be injured!
I'm good. My pride took the bigger beating. Thank you for asking.

Originally Posted By: Robert J. Lambert
At least you are physically resistant, aren't you? I can only wonder what somebody who could bend my will to they liking would do to me and my poor baseline resistance body. X_x

Robert, I'm sure you didn't mean to make that sound like so much fun... wink

Originally Posted By: Mech
Sucks finding out you aren't as tough as you thought you were doesn't it?
Big time.

Originally Posted By: Mech
At least you know now an area where your defenses are lacking and can work to remedy that lack.
I'd thought I already was.
Hope you get better Mr.Brickman, an old work horse like you shouldn't be taking the the brunt side of a mountain...usually.
Thank you.

At least you are physically resistant, aren't you?
I'm as tough, strong, and heavy as a bullet train… problem was that mountain was much bigger and heavier. Basically he turned my power against me self.

I can only wonder what somebody who could bend my will to they liking would do to me and my poor baseline resistance body. X_x
Body didn’t matter here. What mattered was between your ears, and he had more.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
The only good war is one not fought...
Untrue. Lots of the stuff I get involved in is fighting black hats. Your average Joe citizen doesn’t have enemies that can avoid me.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
I'm glad to hear you are still with us. Its an important thing you are making some good out of what might have been a tragic event.
Thanks. I’ll take a week or three off and get some more training in.

Originally Posted By: Balm
As DeVries Elites go, Josh, you're not so bad. Try to keep yourself intact next time. smile
I'll try.

Josh, why do you do what you do then?It sound well very dangerous.
Because it's very dangerous. Seriously, nothing reminds you that YOU'RE ALIVE like being in danger.

Originally Posted By: Josh Brickman
In Elite culture, to lose your mask is the same as being killed. That's even true legally. Someone else held your life in his hands and what he took is the mask instead. Your identity is dead until you take back your mask from him.

Mr. Brickman, you old dear, I didn't think a man like you was prone to hyperbole. wink Being professionally dead is a long, long ways from being physically dead, and I think you know that. :hugs: I'm really glad to know you're still alive and kickin'. You take care of yourself, you hear me, sir? smirk

Originally Posted By: Robby
But I'm afraid LiberTeen would feel excluded if we didn't invite her along laugh

grin YES. grin

Wouldn't know, the only fights I had was back in highschool where I got three teeth knocked out, and of course against a pack of wolves that made me Erupt.

So yeah, I would be the last person to ask, but on the other side of the spectrum there are people in this very forum who live for the adrenalin rush that fights and extreme situations create, as examples are Mr.Brickman and Longball.

It's up to the person, but I would guess it's not something you can pick up from one day to the next, if at all.

I see nothing wrong with physical conflict. It is an essential part of life in which the weak are separated from the strong. Such hardships, as well as many others, provide opportunities for personal growth on a variety of fronts. It is conflict which defines us, which crystallizes our own identities and drives, and pushes us ever forward. Regardless of the method, it prevents stagnation and ensures that those with the wit and will to flourish do so, while those who find themselves lacking must adapt or perish.

Originally Posted By: Josh Brickman
The only good war is one not fought...
Untrue. Lots of the stuff I get involved in is fighting black hats. Your average Joe citizen doesn't have enemies that can avoid me.
Arrrg indeed. I misspelled that and it changed the meaning of what I meant.

Your average Joe citizen doesn't have enemies that can afford me.

Originally Posted By: TroyLloydCampbell
There is no point in violence, besides some primal attempt to solve a problem that could easily be solved otherwise.
True. BUT... that easy solution is not a desirable one.

Don’t like the police and their violence? Just live with murderers, rapists, and child molesters doing their thing. That’s the easy solution. Desirable? Now that’s a different question.

Originally Posted By: Alptraum
Men who fight for money and not something important.
Hey, it isn't about the money. The money is nice but I only spend a tenth of what I earn.

Take a look at T2M. I could probably do that, I've got the power and the face for it. But do you think they spend most of their time putting out forest fires or fighting with the Teragen? No way, they spend most of their time signing autographs and looking good in front of the cameras.

Same thing for the City Defenders, occassionally they help people out of burning buildings, but most of the time they stand around and look inpressive or give safty lectures.

With DeVries I can go out and have a seriously exciting time on a regular basis.

Archived