Aberrant: 2011 - What Would You Wish For?

Gabriel Stone

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
Oh, gawd!! laugh Gabey! Percy was right about you, wasn't he? You set this up to try and help people? Aww! Big hugs for you, cutie!

I wish I could claim that were true, but it's not. I created this thread just to view and share my own thoughts as well as see what others would wish for. I've laways been curious top know what people want from life, from the big to the small.

'World Peace' always seems to top the list. I beg your pardon, but I find that naive. For there to be world peace we must all be both good and just at all times, all of us. Let's face it people, open your eyes, there will never be world peace. Our very nature would not allow it. For there to be 'good', there must be 'evil' or else the meaning of one becomes worthless as it is lost in the other.

We have the choice though. You may be one or the other, or choose to be neither. Humans have, since the dawn of time warred with one another over the most rivial of things. They slaughtered thier fellow man in earliest pages of the fiction the worship so closely. I speak of Cain and Abel by the way. Humans cannot, and will not ever accept a notion like 'world peace'. They strive off conflict.

As do Novas. We are the same, our guns are just bigger. We are a new species and took only a few years for us to seperate ourselves from man kind and declare ourselves 'Gods'. And now, we stand in conflict with ourselves.

And because you're such a sweet guy, I've got a present for you. grin I collected Pokeman when I was a kid, too, and I had a pretty thorough collection, thanks to my daddy, who was awfully tolerant of spending ridiculous amounts of money on goofy game cards for his little girl. blush Not only do I still have a Raichu, but I've got a spare, and he's officially got your name on it. wink

You are a goddess. Thank you. grin

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
And because you're such a sweet guy, I've got a present for you. grin I collected Pokeman when I was a kid, too, and I had a pretty thorough collection, thanks to my daddy, who was awfully tolerant of spending ridiculous amounts of money on goofy game cards for his little girl. blush Not only do I still have a Raichu, but I've got a spare, and he's officially got your name on it. wink

So Gabe, what is would you wish for now? Or has LiberTeen made you totally and completely content? wink

Originally Posted By: Balm
Hey, the guy's boosted me out of training once, and has offered to do so again, and dedicated a song and apology to me on live CD.

Then there's the text messages.

What am I supposed to assume?

You could assume that he is exactly what he seems; a gentleman whose greatest joy in life is making others happy.

He's certainly done wonders for me.

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
Or has LiberTeen made you totally and completely content? wink

Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor. wink

Quote:
So Gabe, what is would you wish for now?

Well, I'd have to say: Love.

That one thing that all of us seek yet only a few of us ever truly find. As far as a life goes I lack nothing. I have money, power, talent, and looks. I'm famous and no matter where I go I usually rather well liked.

I'm not bragging, try not to lose me here.

But all of it means nothing. Nothing without love. When your heart is rich with love, there comes a time in life when gold loses it's luster, gems lose their sparkle and all that's left are thoughts of what it would have been like to be cherished and adored by someone who honestly and truly loved you.

The media muses that I sit at the throne of a great empire, and yet when I look at it all I can honestly see that for all the great material wealth it brings me, it cannot deliver me the one thing that elevates man from peasant to king in the beat of a heart.

To love, and be loved in return. That's my next wish.

Yeah, Balm. Gabe sounds like a true romantic, and their is nothing wrong with that. Unless, of course, you don't take it as romantic.

Teleforce - My values can be summed in the idea that I stand only for myself. I will not have my head bowing to anyone. Myself is what I have, and what I obey. Though thinking about it, I've compromised so much already.

I wish I could claim that were true, but it's not. I created this thread just to view and share my own thoughts as well as see what others would wish for.

Nevertheless, it's very sweet what you've done, and it isn't going unnoticed or unappreciated. smile

'World Peace' always seems to top the list. I beg your pardon, but I find that naive. For there to be world peace we must all be both good and just at all times, all of us. Let's face it people, open your eyes, there will never be world peace. Our very nature would not allow it.

It might surprise you, Gabey, but I agree with you completely. And you're right, we do have a choice. It's being able to make that choice that makes humans and novas so special. I can see what you've chosen. I'm glad that somebody with your might is on our side. smile

Never a problem, cutie. wink Maybe we could get together for a game sometime? grin

If I had one wish...It would be to play on a baseball team again.

Due to dramatic differences in ability between Nova and unerupted humans, I am no longer allowed to play in any of the leagues. So I have to be content with surfing, base-jumping and snowboarding.

Recently though, I have looked into starting a camp for Novas who wish to learn to play baseball. I would love to have a pick-up game with a group of Nova.

I would play a pick-up game with normal humans, but I do not wish to hurt one of them. I am still learning to control my powers, and when I throw a baseball, it sometimes will tear a hole in a concrete wall. I hate to think what would happen to a person's arm or body, if I threw it wrong.

Originally Posted By: Longball
If I had one wish...It would be to play on a baseball team again.

Recently though, I have looked into starting a camp for Novas who wish to learn to play baseball. I would love to have a pick-up game with a group of Nova.

Dude, this sounds great!

Everyone here is officially invited to the 1st ever Longball Baseball BBQ (sponsered by Law Enterprises wink )!!! The date will be set sometime in April and will be held on the Baseball Diamond in my backyard (It's next to the Tennis Courts and Dirt Bike track, you can't miss it).

We'll eat, drink, party, and have ourselves a good ol' smack talkin' game of baseball! For those of us (like me) who have no clue how the game works I'm sure Longball will be happy to show us how.

Originally Posted By: Balm
I have to come along...

It's like watching a car wreck on TV. You know it's wrong and sick, but you're morbidly fascinated anyways.

You say the sweetest things my dear.

Awwww...

It's actually years of experience watching amateur cricket in Roma, usually after liberal application of alcohol. If someone wasn't injured after the game, then the blue moon was shining.

Taking to a nova level is a little frightening.

For those who want, I can have a short clinic to help familiarize others with the game. Also, for those who want some help with batting, pitching or fielding, they are also welcome to come along.

That way, when we do have a pick-up game, it won't be like watching the Bad News Bears, or as Balm said "watching a train wreck".

As for positions: anyone want to make requests now? I see Robert L. and Gabriel Law as pitchers. Only because they are always giving it to the ladies. Liberteen and Caramel could be our catchers, as they are always receiving it in the end...Err...I mean end up receiving it. (It is a little baseball humor..no offense intended) grin

I won't pitch, only because I don't wish to kill the catcher.

I will bring the gear.

As for positions: anyone want to make requests now? I see Robert L. and Gabriel Law as pitchers. Only because they are always giving it to the ladies. Liberteen and Caramel could be our catchers, as they are always receiving it in the end...Err...I mean end up receiving it. (It is a little baseball humor..no offense intended) grin

Oddly, I don't recall agreeing to come to this game. Sure you should be giving me a position just yet? wink

And really, shouldn't I be a cheerleader? grin

I see Robert L. and Gabriel Law as pitchers. Only because they are always giving it to the ladies. Liberteen and Caramel could be our catchers, as they are always receiving it in the end...Err...I mean end up receiving it. (It is a little baseball humor..no offense intended) grin

Great, nine innings on my knees. It's Pee Wee baseball in sixth grade all over again. smirk Kidding, kidding! grin I don't know, I was hoping maybe I could play Short Stop? I was pretty good at it when I was a kid; being able to fly should help me out even more. smile

• 3 weeks later...

Archived