Aberrant: 2011 - What Would You Wish For?

Gabriel Stone

So, tell me.

If you had a wish, one wish, any wish.

What would it be?

Now, this is not Americal Idol or Miss America so please spare us the "World Peace", and "End World Hunger" stuff.

We all want something for ourselves so by all means, enlighten myself and all the people who frequent this fine nova gathering place.

It's okay to want for yourself.

So, what would you wish for?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not something I work toward, or even put too much thought toward, but if I could have one wish fullfilled ...

I would like to make a difference.

Power, sucess, and money ... I'm working toward all that. Those are things I am confident I'll have, or have more of, but to make a difference ... that's something I'm just not sure about.

I figure I already had my one wish, and it was for youth and/or power or something. Did a good job I figure.

Not sure what else I could use...

• Youth and Power? Got those from erupting.
  • Money? Got that. Comes from power.
  • Wine/women/song? Got those too.
  • Fame I'm working on.
Ah, I've got one. I'd like to know. Who was I, and what's happened over the last few decades to make the world like it is.

Except if I got to choose between youth and knowing, then I'd rather be young.

You know, I had never actually tought about this before. But I guess what I most wish for is to be succesful in my path, you know?

I might sell records, but that dosen't mean I have actually made a mark. I want to turn into an easily recognizible name in the music world, maybe go up there with Alejandra in record sales and being chased by the fans.

I guess it sounds worse than it seems, but I just want to feel realized on this aspect...

I'd wish for answers, and understanding a lot of things, I guess. But from what I see, the way there is more than half the fun, so it probably wouldn't be all that wise.

I'd like to be able to play some cool musical instrument. Like a guitar. I'd like a guitar and knowledge to play it, that'd be cool.

Alright, my turn.

To make a difference?

No. I already have. Every person I make smile through my charity work, or big brother program, or even a free concert has felt joy and happiness. And really, that's all you need to make a difference.

You can't make everyone happy. So keep doing what you do, one smile at a time.

I wish for a Raichu. I used to collect Pokemons a long time ago and I actually had everysingle one (Still do! Come look at the glass case I keep em in!) EXCEPT one! A Raichu... never got a hold of it and I'll be damned if the lil bugger can't be found.

Amazon... E-Bay... everywhere I've looked, even trade shows and Geek Cons... nowhere in this whole wide world can I find a Raichu! I'll never collect em' all.

So... that's my wish.

~Gabe

Originally Posted By: Percivald
I'd like to be able to play some cool musical instrument. Like a guitar. I'd like a guitar and knowledge to play it, that'd be cool.

Now, some of you may have heard... but I happen to be in a band. <gasp>

Heh. At any rate, Percivald, I happen to play guitar exceptionally well. If you're interested I'll teach you how. It doesn't take long to learn, the hard part is remembering it all.

Oh, and I have quite a bit of old guitars that I've aquired through my musical career. The thing about an instrument is that it cannot work the magic of music if it's sitting on a stand in a corner of a studio.

Come on by, pick one out and it's yours. I'll teach you how to play it.

~Gabe

That's a really tough question for me, Gabey. I know you wanted to avoid the typical, cookie-cutter altruistic answers, but really, I have just about everything I want for myself. There really isn't anything I'd ask for myself that I couldn't easily get through a little hard work. smile

The truth is, I don't think I'd wish for anything, even if I thought I'd get my wish. To wave a magic wand and fix everything cheapens the struggle of others and makes whatever you wished for basically useless. I'd rather earn what I have, whether it's for myself or for everyone. smile

What do I wish for?

This is so incredibly hard. I spend so little time thinking about what I want in a long run in my life.

I guess, a wife, a few kids. I mean, I think thats what I am supposed to do. Some people wish for powers, I have that. I am doing what I want in life, though its far from a career. I think a wife and a few kids, is what I will eventually want. A wife might be fine now, but I'd be away a lot or she'd be with me on the road, and would need to be able to bike a country or two.

Helping people is my life at the moment, and I do not need to rely on wishes to do that.

I wish for different parents. I don't say that because I'm embarrassed of them; actually, I'm really proud of them. I'm asking because I think that if they were different people, we'd get along better and they'd have less stress in their lives.

But I still love them, and they me, and that's what's important.

Big thread. Lot's of people I haven't seen in a while.

Alpatraum - You crazy crazy devil wanna be. Go start a KKK branch on wathever the hell hole you are.

Summer - "Oh! I'm so sad becuase I'm the youngest member of Team Tomorrow ever, and have enough money to buy Panama" Go grow up and realize that you have to face your problems instead of running away from them.

Originally Posted By: TroyLloydCampbell
Thats.. uh? Bleak?

This has brought the worse part of curious about in me, and cannot just leave it. Why would you wish to be dead?

Look, he asked and I answered okay?

Don't make a big deal out of it.

Just do like Robert does and not care okay, you guys aren't my friends and I certainly am not about to spill my problems onto a public forum. The roll of 'teen attention whore' has already been filled by Catalyst.

Originally Posted By: Summer Solstice

Just do like Robert does and not care okay, you guys aren't my friends and I certainly am not about to spill my problems onto a public forum. The roll of 'teen attention whore' has already been filled by Catalyst.

Death is something of a big deal, sugar. That said, no one's going to make you talk. However, you know that if you wish help, you have resources available, both here and through your employer.

Originally Posted By: Summer Solstice
Originally Posted By: TroyLloydCampbell
Thats.. uh? Bleak?

This has brought the worse part of curious about in me, and cannot just leave it. Why would you wish to be dead?

Look, he asked and I answered okay?

Well, normally I wouldn't care. I mean, if I were anyone else. But uncaring is not my nature.

If you need to talk, send me a message.

Originally Posted By: Robert J. Lambert
Alpatraum - You crazy crazy devil wanna be. Go start a KKK branch on wathever the hell hole you are.

KKK? Simply because I recognize the failings and negatives of an intrusive immigrant minority that makes me horrid? How naive.

Alpatraum you are an instrument of hate and I'll not stand for it, not in one of my threads.

Take your hatemongering to another thread, and anyone who wants to argue, debate, agree, insult, or what have you can go with you.

You have stated your 'wish' thank you for contributing, unless you care to involve yourself in a more respectful manner no further contributions from you are welcome here in my thread.

~Gabriel Law

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
Originally Posted By: Percivald

Now, some of you may have heard... but I happen to be in a band. <gasp>

Heh. At any rate, Percivald, I happen to play guitar exceptionally well. If you're interested I'll teach you how. It doesn't take long to learn, the hard part is remembering it all.

Oh, and I have quite a bit of old guitars that I've aquired through my musical career. The thing about an instrument is that it cannot work the magic of music if it's sitting on a stand in a corner of a studio.

Come on by, pick one out and it's yours. I'll teach you how to play it.

~Gabe

You, sir, are bloody amazing. I swear you made this thread to see if people said stuff you could help with. Really, apart from the fact it's really cool you'd give me a guitar (I know I certainly couldn't buy one with my money), it's refreshing to see someone actually doing their best to... do stuff to help people, even in small ways, like you do. Well, and Brittany and Troy, too from what I see and hear.

I'll keep my eyes out for a Raichu.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
I wish for a Raichu. I used to collect Pokemons a long time ago and I actually had everysingle one (Still do! Come look at the glass case I keep em in!) EXCEPT one! A Raichu... never got a hold of it and I'll be damned if the lil bugger can't be found.

Amazon... E-Bay... everywhere I've looked, even trade shows and Geek Cons... nowhere in this whole wide world can I find a Raichu! I'll never collect em' all.

So... that's my wish.

Oh, gawd!! laugh Gabey! Percy was right about you, wasn't he? You set this up to try and help people? Aww! Big hugs for you, cutie!

And because you're such a sweet guy, I've got a present for you. grin I collected Pokeman when I was a kid, too, and I had a pretty thorough collection, thanks to my daddy, who was awfully tolerant of spending ridiculous amounts of money on goofy game cards for his little girl. blush Not only do I still have a Raichu, but I've got a spare, and he's officially got your name on it. wink

You know those balls that bounce a lot? I really like those, but they always have that hard, unpleasant feel to them. You know, I'd like a ball like those ones they have to relieve stress, that you can squeeze, but that would bounce a lot when thrown.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible, though.

Originally Posted By: /1/
You know those balls that bounce a lot? I really like those, but they always have that hard, unpleasant feel to them. You know, I'd like a ball like those ones they have to relieve stress, that you can squeeze, but that would bounce a lot when thrown.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible, though.

What is wrong with you?

Archived