Aberrant: 2011 - Troy Campbell, At Your Service!

TroyCampbell

Hello all! My name is Troy Campbell, and I am a nova out of LA. I've been nova for a little over a month now, and am not quite used to the jump in spotlight that I've recently recieved.

I love playing football, and making others lives easier. For about two weeks now, I've been traveling the country on my bicycle. I stop in small towns and cities, and help people there the best I can. It is a great way to see the country, and help people at the same time.

I am affiliated with Project Utopia. Ever since I was young, I can remember all the good that Project Utopia has done, and it is an honor to be associated with them.

I am not as globally known like the beautiful Liberteen, or as strong as King Felix, but I do what good I can.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I've already heard of most of you, and it is an honor to be in your ranks!

What's up Troy,

I am also a sportsman, except I prefer baseball and surfing. What kind of bike are you talking about? Is it pedal-powered or motorized? I ride a 1000cc Honda Interceptor up and down the coast.

If you travel up Highway 1, through Big Sur, there are some great small towns. I live in No-Cal, but travel to So-Cal all the time. The smell of the briney ocean, and the feel of the cool salt air make me feel alive. Well... that, and doing 180 Kph down Highway 1.

Project Utopia..Huh. I was offered a job working for them, provided I put aside my lifestyle. They felt it might not be good for PR. If they would have let me travel with my fellow adrenaline junkies, so I could do wild and crazy shit, I would have signed on. But that was not the case.

If you are ever in Monterrey, look me up.

Hi, Troy! Glad to meet you! I'm always happy to meet new people here, and I'm especially happy to meet another Utopian. I really respect what you all do for the world. smile I hope you have nothing but success at it. I have to thank you for the nod, too. blush My renown isn't quite global yet, but I'd be happy if I could just make the world a better place. In that, it seems you've got a leg up on me.

If you stop through Montana, look me up! I'd love to get together! smile

Longball: I mean the peddle kind. I've never actually ridden a motorcycle, but I do enjoy biking. It gives me more of a work ethic, I think. I've tried surfing, and I wasn't very good. But baseball is great. We'll have to play sometime. I have spent a great deal of time on Highway 1, but rarely do I stop into those small towns. Maybe when I hit up the west coast on my way home I will stop through.

Aura: Thank you, and its good to see another PU around. Best of luck in the training, and I am with the PR branch. If you ever need anything that I could help with, feel free to get ahold of me.

Deepwater: Thanks for the encouragement. Aside from football, helping is my passion. I must say, there is a bit of selfishness involved. I mean, I like being known and liked. But this isn't such a bad way to achieve that, eh?

King Felix: I didn't mean strong as in strengh, I meant it more in power wise. I don't have actual powers like most other Nova's, and I used you as an example.

Liberteen: As for being in Montana, I go with the masses of people. There aren't a lot of people in Montana, unfortunately. But if I do end up there, it would be my honor to look you up.

Thank you to all of you for making me feel so welcome. If you ever need a favor that I could fulfill, just say the word.

Originally Posted By: Summer Solstice
Another one? Of, for crying out loud, must you guys always announce yourselves to the world with lame ass 'at your service' tags?

We're Utopians! We're not at their service, were at Utopia service. We go where they ask us too, and do what they tell us to.

Have some damn dignity.

You're kidding me, right? This is the second time you've messed with me, and I cannot see a reason why?
I am affiliated with Project Utopia, I am not worshipped with Utopia. Going around the country was my idea, and I am being backed by several people I know in Project Utopia.

I am at the peoples service, not Project Utopia. If I can help them out, than I will.

You give us good guys a bad name, you know that? Seriously. We have these powers for a reason. We're here to commit a greater good, not be dicks and run with the power.
Excuse my language.

Originally Posted By: TroyLloydCampbell
You're kidding me, right? This is the second time you've messed with me, and I cannot see a reason why?

Aww... baby gon'cwy?

Quote:
I am affiliated with Project Utopia, I am not worshipped with Utopia. Going around the country was my idea, and I am being backed by several people I know in Project Utopia.

Roughly translated... you couldn't make the cut onto a real team so you're name dropping people you know hoping that it'll make you look like part of a higher class than you actually are.

Now you're really making us look bad, the rabble belongs with the rabble. Please do not assume that you are anywhere close to being on par with a Utopian.

Hell, you couldn't even pass for a thug level Terat.

Quote:
I am at the peoples service, not Project Utopia. If I can help them out, than I will.

Do the people a favor, quit.

Leave real novas to handle things. Take your bike and go get a paper route or something.

Quote:
You give us good guys a bad name, you know that?

Oh, sweetie... I wasn't aware I was a good guy.

Quote:
Seriously.

Seriously.

Quote:
We have these powers for a reason. We're here to commit a greater good, not be dicks and run with the power.
Excuse my language.

Puh-lease. All that matters is me. Period.

Troy, sorry I have been well rude. I am Catalyst.(Duh)

I work for California, and live in San Jose. I am not much of a fan of Utopia.They tried to buy me. I do not hold their lack of taste as bad spot on you. So if you want to hang out, well we can.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
I am not much of a fan of Utopia.They tried to buy me. I do not hold their lack of taste as bad spot on you. So if you want to hang out, well we can.

It's called "hiring you." Don't be so damned dramatic, Catalyst. You sound every bit the rotten teenager you are everytime you make a statement like that.

Aura, I say buying me because well. Let's see. I told them no once. They came back with an offer saying that would pay me twice what California would pay. They then told me they would pay for the legal fees of the lawyers who would make sure that I could not train in the US until I was 18. They implied that I could train with them in other countries that do not have all the red tape America has.

Yes,I say they tried to buy me, and not hire me. Failing that, they tried to make sure I could not work for as along as they could.

Aura, I say buying me because well. Let's see. I told them no once. They came back with an offer saying that would pay me twice what California would pay. They then told me they would pay for the legal fees of the lawyers who would make sure that I could not train in the US until I was 18. They implied that I could train with them in other countries that do not have all the red tape America has.
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Why did you turn them down?

Yes,I say they tried to buy me, and not hire me. Failing that, they tried to make sure I could not work for as along as they could.

That's called intense contract negotation, you idiot. It's a normal business practice when a company really wants someone to work for them. Though I'm sure they've since realized how lucky they were that you weren't smart enough to accept their offer.

Of course, if you want to keep calling it buying, go ahead. I'm sure that it feeds your narcissism and need to be martyred nicely. Do me a favor: when you start to cut yourself in a dark room with black candles casting out the only light, send me the video. I'll appreciate the good laugh.

I am paid more money than I need,or really want. I can buy everything I want to buy. Money is not an issue. The issue is largely loyalty. Utopia did not care for me until after I became a nova. California did. Utopia, contacted my father when my father was working to disown me. They tried to prevent him from do so.

It is this, Utopia interferes with the lives of others. It had no place to intervene in my family life.I did not ask them to do so.

Utopia tried to buy you, sure they did. Aura just doesn't like to hear it because she knows, deep down, that she's been bought herself. Of course, you let the government buy you for even less, which is pretty stupid. California only cares about you because you're a nova, everyone out there to buy you only cares about your powers, they don't care about you. Even if they did before they're too greedy to care now.

...Utopia did not care for me until after I became a nova. California did...
I sense some history there. You used to be a ward of the state or some such at a guess.

Well, loyalty is as good as reason as any, at least as long as the pay is pretty good.

On that subject, DeVries has been pretty good to me. Fun exciting missions, extremely good pay, and they do the heavy lifting of the scut work.

Just my personal experience:

Utopia offered me a nice contract, but I chose to be self-employed. They then offered to do some more testing on me, to see if they were missing something from my intial tests that all Rashoud facilities put us through. They said it would be free of charge and would help the science of nova physiology, so I said, "Sure". I get to spend a month in Paris, free room and board with a lot of free time. At the end of the period, they renewed their offer, but I just wanted to get going with my new life.

No hassling, no heavy pressure tactics. All in all, a pleasant experience. Maybe I didn't have the power-sets they really want.

Ravenshire - New York, huh? I was already through there once, and had a pretty great time. I felt.. kinda.. hedonistic and selfish while there, though. I spent more time at clubs and taking in the sights than I spent helping out, and boy people there sure could use the help. If I am back in New York, I will look you up.

Catalyst - Hey there, again. Whether I think they are trying to buy or hire you is merely a matter of opinion and view. I am a fan of them, but I do sometimes think they take the wrong approach in trying to 'acquire' people into their services. I do what I can, and they can label it however they want.

As to hanging out, when I get a break I will ride down and see you. I am from LA, so a visit isn't too far.

Robert J. Lambert - Robert J. Lambert.. of Oregon. Hey! Thank you for the welcome, and the compliments. I know very little of you, and am yet to find any opinions of yours. The Pacific North-West is very nice, and would take residence there if my life wasn't on the road. But I am sure to visit often. Mind if I look you up sometime?

Sue Yin - Again, someone else I know almost nothing about! Thank you for the welcome, and the well blessing.

Josh Brickman - Hey Josh Brickman. You asked how I erupted, right? Well, it was in a fire. I almost died in a fire, while trying to save a friend. I was basically unharmed, as was he. I eventually found that I am not hurt by energy. How about yourself? What can you do?

Caramel Bath - Caramel Bath? Okay. Hey! I'll thank you for shutting up SS. Unbearable, is the term I have been using best to describe her. Where are you from?

Josh Brickman - Hey Josh Brickman. You asked how I erupted, right? Well, it was in a fire. I almost died in a fire, while trying to save a friend. I was basically unharmed, as was he. I eventually found that I am not hurt by energy.
That's pretty cool. Useful against the likes of me as well.

How about yourself? What can you do?
They tell me I have a temporal theme... but what it comes down to is I'm a bullet train. I run real fast, get real heavy, then crash into things. It's fun. I also get strong and can fly, but those are fun side notes.

The single most useful gift I got from the quantum ghost was being 24 instead of 94.

Caramel Bath - Caramel Bath? Okay. Hey! I'll thank you for shutting up SS. Unbearable, is the term I have been using best to describe her. Where are you from?

Well, I can guess by your reaction that you're not a fan. wink That's alright; give me a few hours in your company, and you will be. laugh If you don't want to use my 'stage name' you can call me Kara.

And not a problem on Summer. She'll grow up someday and realize what a pain she is. At that point, she'll either correct herself, or someone will correct her. I'm not worried about it either way, really. The universe has a way of giving you what you deserve.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
The universe has a way of giving you what you deserve.

Well, if that's the case you must have been very, very, good recently.

~Gabe

I try, Gabe. I certainly try. blush

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath

Well, I can guess by your reaction that you're not a fan. wink That's alright; give me a few hours in your company, and you will be. laugh If you don't want to use my 'stage name' you can call me Kara.

And not a problem on Summer. She'll grow up someday and realize what a pain she is. At that point, she'll either correct herself, or someone will correct her. I'm not worried about it either way, really. The universe has a way of giving you what you deserve.

Its not that I don't like you, its that I don't know what to say. I didn't want to sound repetitive in my responses and thank yous, and you didn't say much when you welcomed me. Also, thank you for letting me call you Kara. Hey.. Kara.. Caramel.

Robert J. Lambert - Robert J. Lambert.. of Oregon. Hey! Thank you for the welcome, and the compliments. I know very little of you, and am yet to find any opinions of yours. The Pacific North-West is very nice, and would take residence there if my life wasn't on the road. But I am sure to visit often. Mind if I look you up sometime?

You can look me up whenever, but I don't know how long I will be on here anymore.

I will graduate soon and I have been meaning to go to a more activate side of the country, to get a job in Business. I mean, I might not be super naturally smart. But I like to think I got smarter since I erupted, what company wouldn't love that on their bank roll?

I still have to contact any company, but we will see where it goes from there.

Still, don't let me not being here you drag you away from Oregon, it's a beutiful place that deserves to be visited.

Its not that I don't like you, its that I don't know what to say. I didn't want to sound repetitive in my responses and thank yous, and you didn't say much when you welcomed me. Also, thank you for letting me call you Kara. Hey.. Kara.. Caramel.

What would you like me to say, darlin'? wink Sorry, I wasn't sure if the hesitation in your post was for my lack of response, or for my profession. It's amazing how many men and women have trouble talking to you after seeing you naked.

Archived