[OpNet] Enough: A Jury of Peers

Timeslip

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Tempest
NO Endeavor, but if you saw someone in a cop's uniforn would your first assumtion be that they were or weren't a cop?

I would assume they were. After all, thee's no easy way to distinguish the genuine article and someone posing as one. But, it becomes painfully clear when they pull the gun on you without warning. Even more painful when they pull the trigger.

A real police officer would at least give you a warning first and try to bring you in alive and unharmed. A poser would use that veil of trust to stick their dagger in your back.

I will make one final request on this matter. Dr. Troll and others who are working on establishing the protocol for this venture, please note that I will present myself for trial by surrendering to a nova authority on 20 May 2017. There is a world into which I wish my child to be born, and that would be difficult if I were in custody.

Originally Posted By: Timeslip
I will make one final request on this matter. Dr. Troll and others who are working on establishing the protocol for this venture, please note that I will present myself for trial by surrendering to a nova authority on 20 May 2017. There is a world into which I wish my child to be born, and that would be difficult if I were in custody.
Um... so you were pregnant, at the combat scene?

Originally Posted By: Leliel
And just what law are you refering to? Is T2M now the "official" group to bring in new novas such as the feral one in question?
They aren't the only one, but they are the best.

By all of Infinity I hope not. They likely would have brought him to Bahrain...
Speaking as a former feral nova, who was captured by T2M after I'd killed a couple of people during my eruption, I find that unlikely.

They did a good job with me... but in my case there where no Terats there to complicate the matter by attacking them. It could have gotten real messy if that had happened.

And just what law are you refering to? Is T2M now the "official" group to bring in new novas such as the feral one in question?

By all of Infinity I hope not. They likely would have brought him to Bahrain, and if 5 percent of the rumors I have heard about the place are true, it belongs in the annals of history right up there with other facilities such as Bergen-Belsen, Birkenau (Auschwitz's "Extermination section", and Buchenwald.

Now? They've been the official group to go to since 2000, not that I like that decision very much. If we are going to say that novas have the same rights as human citizens, how dare we violate those rights by outsource their care during and post-eruption to an international body.
Leliel, I don't like the current police concerning nova detention. It is the reality I find myself currently fighting against.

There is a world into which I wish my child to be born,

How easily the corruption of another timeline sanctioned.
Timeslip, please rethink the considerable harm you will be doing to your child, as well as a world full of people, by putting them in a timeline they were not conceived in. Please.

*sigh* I can see that futher explanation is apparently in order.

I have a very good friend and ally in another temporal stream. Said timestream is one in which there is signficantly less anti-nova strife, and said friend is in an excellent position to see after my daughter until such time as the trial is concluded... or to act as a ward for her in the event that the result of my trial is incarceration or worse. Further, I am able to make use of nova-oriented medical facilities and physicians in said timestream, which makes it a preferable place to give birth.

I myself have no analog in said timestream, which removes the spectre of an "alternate-Timeslip" trying to forge some sort of legal claim on my daughter.

Finally, there is the obvious point that various interested parties will be unable to visit their own views of "justice" upon my daughter when she is not in this timestream.

Angelboy, please grow up. It is not your place to tell her what to do.She has clearly made up her mind and if you do not agree with it, that is fine. Shouting at the top of your lung, and beating your chest will only make you look like a fool.

*sigh* I can see that futher explanation is apparently in order.

I have a very good friend and ally in another temporal stream. Said timestream is one in which there is signficantly less anti-nova strife, and said friend is in an excellent position to see after my daughter until such time as the trial is concluded... or to act as a ward for her in the event that the result of my trial is incarceration or worse. Further, I am able to make use of nova-oriented medical facilities and physicians in said timestream, which makes it a preferable place to give birth.

I myself have no analog in said timestream, which removes the spectre of an "alternate-Timeslip" trying to forge some sort of legal claim on my daughter.

Finally, there is the obvious point that various interested parties will be unable to visit their own views of "justice" upon my daughter when she is not in this timestream.

I can imagine the legal precidents of having someone representing the legal rights as guardian of your unborn daughter can be. Then again, my proffession isn't a lawyer, so what do I know. But you are operating in the best interests of your child with that, I think. For that, you are helping your case. At least by proving you are of good character.

What is best for the child is to have two parent's that love them and love one another. I grew up without a father and its something I feel to this day. I find myself hoping that what is being done is what's best for the unborn, and not just the bitter harvest of existing wrongs.

Creating an infant doesn't make you a parent. Putting aside part of your own life for that infant's well-being does.

I see alot of people speaking from what they think is best for a child whom has yet to see life, and some of the cruelties that go along with it. I was raised with both my parents being very strong and supportive of me, and that is a fact I've always been very proud of.

I'm also open minded enough to understand that not everyone in this world has been as lucky as me. I donotpity those people, I respect them. It takes a great amount of strength to learn how to be a proper man/woman the hard way: through adversity.

However, it is not my friend's, parent's, or anyone place to tell me what is best for a child that I must carry to term, and choices I must live with as that child's prospective mother.

Timeslip (based off what little I know of her) seems quite intelligent, wise, and open minded. IF she feels that her child would be safer, happier, and healthier in another world then please do not assume that is a choice that she has made idly while sipping a drink doing her taxes.

Mothers and children share a special bond. It is not something that even we as novas can not explain. We may as well attempt to quantify a soul. Fact is, we can't. The bond is, and souls are. The choices Timeslip makes will be her burden to bear for the rest of her days. She, and only she, will know if it was the right one.

Best wishes to you Timeslip. Follow your heart.

My, a lot has been happening. Why is it whenever a gentleman tries to catch 40 winks, the world goes to hell?

As it is, I think Lemmy has the right idea on this one: Timeslip is potentially putting herself in a great deal of harm's way to try and establish both her innocence of any actual crime and Homo Novus' right to defend ourselves against aggression.

As it is, the lady could have readily become a rallying cry for every Human butchering self-proclaimed Terat out there. If Timeslip had been killed by Excavator, there would have been terrible bloodshed by people using her as an excuse as well as the justifiably aggrieved. She has lost the love of her partner when once I thought the two of them inseparable, simply because of the backlash in his homeland. And she is with child, which is normally a cause for celebration, but now is a cause for worry.

It is only fair that she wishes the child to be brought up in a different world than the one she is native to.

Originally Posted By: "Imagineer" Meadows
I wonder what will cost more? The ill-gotten monies or the wound to your heart?

First off honey-britches, I wouldn't get the hit-contract (assuming there will be one). Not my forte and Timeslip alone could probably smear me across time and space, forget all the other heavy-hitters that would be there.

Second, "wound to your heart"? Fucking please, Pollyanna.

Archived