[OpNet] Happy New Year

Lou Anne Burgess

Originally Posted By: Hugin
Time.

Such a baseline concept.

wink

So you're immortal too? Awesome. Let's party at the end of the Solar System in about 3 billion years. I'll meet you at Olympus Mons on Mars and we can watch the sun go nova (heh) together.

I enjoyed the simple sun rise and set. I took it as a normal day.I treated the change of years as a simple change of my prospective. I noted the way others enjoyed the day, and wile I did not see it's value or it's meaning in the same way as they did.I enjoyed their shows.

I would hope if one could not plan what one would be doing in three years time, let alone three billion years.

Lou Anne, Happy New Year. May you get everything you need, and many things you want.

You know, I wouldn't want to be immortal. Because then I would have to deal with the half-life of the atoms of my body. Eventually every one would scatter off as sub-atomic particles.

Then again, maybe the quantum blessing we have allows us to even cheat that.

If so... I'll be there to watch the world end. I'll be sure to bring the sunblock.

Holy shit, I hate you so fucking much. I cannot fucking believe you just fucking said that. Please, please, please be fucking kidding. No. I know you're not, that's what makes it so fucking awful.

I changed my mind. I'm getting you a fucking biology textbook.

My "reasoning"? Shit. Leave it to a self-named personification of artistic inspiration to understand less than a high school dropout about biology.

What super-scientist Sailor Cum Dumpster didn't fucking tick on is that organic bodies are not closed fucking systems! People aren't radioactive fucking isotopes, they don't have a fucking half-life. DNA self-replicates and is constantly making new cells to replace the ones that die or we lose or slough off.

Half-life. You fucking monkeys make me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Machina
My "reasoning"? Shit. Leave it to a self-named personification of artistic inspiration to understand less than a high school dropout about biology.

What super-scientist Sailor Cum Dumpster didn't fucking tick on is that organic bodies are not closed fucking systems! People aren't radioactive fucking isotopes, they don't have a fucking half-life. DNA self-replicates and is constantly making new cells to replace the ones that die or we lose or slough off.

Half-life. You fucking monkeys make me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

Where have you been Machina? Endeavor has made it a hobby to say some half-assed blurb she knows jack about fairly often.

For a mega brain who runs a world class company she's proven to be the dumbest genius I've ever heard of.

At least when I say something stupid it's because people know I don't know any better.

Wonder what her excuse is?

Machina, I know you are blessed by the devil with more brains than you show us. So, I asked you something that I hoped would get you to show us more of what you really are, because if this is all you are, then I hope you learn to live alone well.

Endeavor, I believe that Machina's caustic but correct point was that the atoms in a body today will not, in general, be in same body in twenty years, let alone in three billion. The metabolic process replaces pretty much all of the material in living bodies over time.

That said, I do not believe that Machina has taken into account your unique evolution. We of the One Race do not necessarily follow the same biological rules... and you, with your apparently polymer-based structure, may be non-metabolizing. I do not know you well enough to know if you eat for sustenance or merely for pleasure, but that would be a good starting indicator.

Archived