Aberrant: The Long March - Table Talk: The Long March

Mr Fox

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know how you guys want to proceed and I'll set it up. If you want more action that can be arranged. So far what you've planned hasn't led to anything big, but your latest scheme is likely to produce some action, and I'm pretty sure that what you guys are planning will lead to some confrontations. So far you've been very cautious though, and haven't stuck your necks out too far.

Im all in favor of caution and planning...

If we are going to have confrontations we can at least do our best to make sure that they happen on our terms...

Also, I am playing a Survivor this game...I have other PCs who are more reckless (Oh well...)

Andrew is an analyst so he really wants to get in there and solve this riddle.

Incidentally for the sparring match with Omar Andrew has Str 3 Dex 3 (MA 4) and Sta 5 (E5 R3)Add to that a dot of mega sta and no internal organs and I would imagine that it would take Omar a great deal of his skill to pin Andrew.

If they spar with powers I think that being a master shapeshifter will give Andrew enough of an edge to at least draw if not win.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Let me know how you guys want to proceed and I'll set it up.
(I think) We're going to drop those three off somewhere where they can enter witness protection, then we're going to go forward in time to see how it turned out. In the short run maybe Steve will get a cure... in the long run... Steve's suspiction is it's going to get worse.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
So far you've been very cautious though, and haven't stuck your necks out too far.
Steve's lethal soak is low enough that he needs to worry about bullets... and we've dealing with ruthless people and even potentially an unknown Q6+ nova.

However Andrew is largely right, we're being lazy. I think the next item on the list is to get some weapontry for Lorean and/or the scoutship. To pay for this will probably require us going back to gold world, and we can set up a Omar vs. Andrew fight then.

Andrew is hardly a tank at this time at least not without specifically concentrating on keeping his form either fluid or heavily reinforced. Similarly while he is using shapeshift to protect himself he is that much less able to enhance his combat ability ...

As he grows I intend to bolster his shapeshift by buying nova powers which will be in effect "permanent shapeshift feats" i.e. buying armor or invulnerability to show that he can reflexively adjust his body to absorb or deflect attacks, extra attributes, and further body mods. Possibly a combat power such as claws as well.

Right now he is a passible JOAT (jack of all trades) and is very good at certain skills and abilities but right now he's really meant to be more of a team player.

As for us being lazy, I would guess once we realize (really realize) that for all Lorean can do she still is little more than a mode of transportation I think we'll get back to relying on our character's abilities again.

Oh that's more of a tangental connection more than anything else. I thought it would be neat for him to have developed his own eufiber especially as I was unsure how else to justify him having it at character creation. If he ever develops far enough maybe I'll buy him EA:Eufiber but he's not AB and won't be able to actually extrude the stuff...

Originally Posted By: Courier
Omar has a lot more soak than you do, and with one level of growth activated he'd be at Mega-Strength 3.

I suspect a fight would be very one sided. But feel free to test that theory off the ship, say back on gold world.

plus if you keep shifting you run out of juice...

Hmm that depends I guess on how Fox wants to run Shapeshift. I've played in games where you pay the maintenance cost and are free to alter your shape during the maintenance period. Similarly I've played where you pay the cost each time you change (except back to normal).

I suppose I should know which way we'll be playing it.

As long as you are paying maint you can keep changing shape. Except in combat or under stressful situations. I'm going to make you pay for changes during combat.

BTW, I bought a house today. We are moving tomorrow so I will be out problably for the whole day maybe into Sunday.

Good luck with the new house BTW.

Plans:

First we drop off our three guys in the timeline where they died and let PU be re-investigated. We'll let them know that we have a shapeshifter and we interviened.

Next we go forward and see whether we're having a possitive effect or negative effect... and whether or not they fixed the sterility effect (yes, I know this is selfish, but speaking as the steril one...).

Steve's suspiction is that while the sterility effect might be fixed, the long term effect will be negative (but that's something that needs to be tested). He also suspects that with those three back, a different set of cutouts will be killed, but that's also something that needs to be tested.

After that, we stop being lazy (Andrew is right) and start applying ourselves... but not against T2M and 1+ Q6+ novas (Steve is also right).

Steve is halfway confinced that Andrew is over confident.

Andrew comes from a world not knowing novas and now he suddenly has some very impressive powers of his own ... he is VERY overconfident.

That said I will play him as such until he gets a good solid beatdown.

Thumbs up I think.

Thanks I guess.

I kinda feel bad for Andrew, he's got nothing but you guys to compare his powers against and none of you have remotely similar ability ... when he finally gets that much needed beatdown he's going to be one embarassed and a confused nova.

So...Im back btw...sorry for the absence of late.

I know we have been sort of searching for a direction to go in this game, with such a multiverse of possibilities. Of course we dont have to just stick with one but we do have to pick one at a time.

Courier's latest posts have really got me thinking...how friggin' COOL would it be to have Lorean take us back to the 1920's...the Adventure! era! Aside from Primoris we would be the only full fledged Novas! Also...like those cool Holodeck episodes of Star Trek TNG, we would get to dress up in vintage suits and fedoras...time travel awesomeness!

This idea really excites me! Like I said it wouldnt have to be our end all, be all trip but it would be really fun!

Please let me know what you all think. Fox..since youre ST, would you be into that sort of thing?

I hadn't thought about the Adventure! setting, but I have no problem running that if you guys want to go there. Warning though, I don't know the rules for the inspired.

One of the possiblilities I had thought someone might want to pursue was settling in an ancient time and directing the development of civilization, or taking over the Roman empire and preventing the fall.

Of course all these things can be done when the time is right.

Ahh!

So I had been gone for a few days and when I returned I hit view new posts to catch up...somehow I missed all of page 5! It sent me to page 6 and Im like...what computers? what device?

I need to go to bed soon and have work int he morning..its going to take me a sit down to get fully caught up. Good thing Cody is a more thinking type...

Re: psychic training....you sure you want Cody to show you? Given his aberrations? If the answer is still yes I will try and post soon (after Im caught up) some sort of telepathic boot camp...

Fow...if you dont have Adventure (and you should given the world data and info on NPCs of the era...) I will happily purchase it for you from Drivethru RPG. net if you promise to let us run amok in the 1920s as Novas...! =^_^=

Actually, I already own a hardcopy of it and read through it a year or so ago, but I've never played in the setting so I'm a bit weak on it. I'd be perfectly happy with you guys playing around in the 20s or any other era, you just have to take the game that direction. Optionally, if you didn't want to sidetrack the main plot you guys could create some alternate characters and we could find some reason to get novas into that other time.

Two things. one a question, and two a statement.

-Does the Merit: Iron Will, help block unwanted telepathic intrusion?

-I don't have Adventure, so creating an alt. character under that genre will be hard for me.

I was meaning creating Novas and timetravelling to the 20s. It's just a thought though, I would not dream of trying to run an Adventure! game, I don't know enough about the system. I would only do that if you guys wanted to explore a 'what if' situation. What if a group of novas got sent back in time to a specific era and were stuck there. How would it effect the world? It would be a side game, either not related to The Long March, or only losely related to it.

In the main game, I think eventually Morgan might just settle in ancient Rome and see how well the title Emperor fits.

As for your question. Iron will definitely helps against telepathic intrusion. It allows you to spend a temporary willpower point to shake off any attempt to access your mind or dominate you. Anyone can spend a temp point to gain an extra success against someone using telepathy against them, but Iron will lets you shrug off the entire attempt.

Yep, long bladed unannounced acupuncture is not very healthy. Morgan being an NPC however, it's not something I really have to worry about since it's not something I would run as part of the game unless someone else wanted to take part.

Archived