[Shadowrun] Shadow Games

Krul

This is an In Character chat room for the SR4 Agents of Dragon Game, high security keeps out anyone but PC's or the Draco Foundation bigwigs from posting (And they almost never do). Here is where you chatter, talk, and ask questions of each other that you might not in the main thread.

>>>>>(Sooooo.... not to raise an uncomfortable topic or anything, but I may need to grab a bite to eat or two so I'm all energetic for any shenanigans down in Taco-land. I would ask if this causes problems for anyone, but that would be indicating I care. Suffice to say that this is an informal statement of intent)<<<<<

>>>>>(Did I say something that indicated otherwise? I merely said I would be taking a little time to hunt 'on-the-job' as it were. Darling Gwen gets sooo upset when I eat locally. If you wish to put me off the bus for that, Endeavor, then by all means. Now, what's on the menu: How about... a beautiful dusky-skinned chicana with endowments you'll never have!)<<<<<

>>>>>Actually I mistook your intent, I thought you meant after the mission. As far as I'm concerned what you do on your own time is not of my concern. I'm not the person running things, I just gotta know how much fuel I need for the trip home. As for endowments I really don't feel like going under the knife again for something as superfluous as a pair of false breasts. It would look odd as is. I sort of like being flatter in front. Makes using a Assault Rifle or Sword easier. Addendum - It's also easier to fit into my armor.

>>>>>(Red, I can supply you with some targets who, in addition to blood, might have further information. I was thinking about seducing the data from one or four of them, but it would save so much time if you'd just scare it from them. It would allow me to focus on other sources of information. Do you want their profiles?)<<<<<

>>>>>(Why Saori, you little minx. Imagine you serving up fellow metahumans on a platter: it's always the quiet ones, eh?.

Well, blood is blood, as long as it wouldn't hinder us or alert our quarry if these sources go missing. Give me the particulars and, because I'm generous like that, whether you want them alive or not when I'm done.)<<<<<

>>>>>By the way, Saori, thanks for covering... again... the translation stuff. Once we get a month or so of downtime I am going to get cracking on a new language. The latest Rosetta Stone I think would be a good investment, no? Speaking of which what language or language modules should I get? I know, off subject...

>>>>>(There's no single lane of traffic here, little captain. Speak as you wish.

Nahuatl is a language I lack as well, and given that we might be making serious enemies in Tenochtitlan, learning that and Spanish is not a bad idea. Magic notwithstanding, it's useful to know languages outside of skillsofts and implants. An organic understanding of how differing people formulate their thoughts into words is never archaic, even in these wondrously technocentric times.)<<<<<

>>>>>(I see little difference in you seducing them through a drain of essence and I twisting their carnal secrets against them. Both actions hurt them. Both actions are enjoyable. And both actions get us the information we need for the mission.

They are all employees of Aztechnology Corporation. I suggest leaving a shell of their former selves behind, at least until we have the Sextant. The file is incoming to your AR.)<<<<<

>>>>>In a way... I don't really wanna know... although if it gets us closer to securing our prize safely and ensuring the collateral is kept to a minimum, sometimes that is what needs to be done for the greater good. Now wether Red enjoys himself or not in the process... again, not my concern nor do I want to know.

>>>>>(Spanish, check. Nahuatl, check. If this takes us out into the jungle, might need a sat uplink. Should be able to get one in Tenochtitlan if it comes to that. Any ideas where we want to set up our BoO? I can start checking listings while we're enroute.)>>>>>

>>>>>(Phantom: I did not miss your point. My prowess at seduction is well-known, and I believe that Red has recordings to confirm this from previous missions. I thank you for noticing my skills. However, your comparison was weak, at best. Seducing young men to start wars is far too easy a task as an example of my abilities. That was my point.)<<<<<

>>>>>(Did anyone have some thoughts about our more... overt equipment? I usually work on extermination with extreme prejudice assignments, as you all know. Gun-running isn't my forte, but it seems the Aztech goons aren't going to let us walk into their precious city with assault weaponry.)<<<<<

,, ,,

OOCly:

I understand Vivi had an idea here, so I thought I'd set up a little. Hope that's okay

:)

>>>>>(I do not plan on needing my assault weapons. My most dangerous weapon doesn't show up on anything other than a medical scanner.

If we need some bribery or distraction done to get gear through customs, please allow me a bit of preparation time to assess weaknesses and find a hole to exploit.)<<<<<

>>>>>(If you do not have license, leave it on the plane. We assess security, retrieve weapons when less likely to be caught. I will be picking mine up outside the city. Preferably within the next 24 hours, or the крестьянин holding them may be slightly, ah... I am trying to think of the word.

Oh! Yes. Slightly dead.)<<<<<

>>>>>My sidearm is completely refitted with ceramic parts. I've never seen it set anything off and the majority of my armored wardrobe have concealable holsters... And no, I'm not walking around in the rigger suit. Not when we're doing legwork.

and I'm not wearing the school uniform... our cover is supposed to be where a crew looks for different locations to film after all... I hope.

>>>>>(I don't see any reason for you to ever be in a school uniform. Ever. For any reason. You're not in school.

Alright, let's cut the chatter, no doubt they're scanning the comm feeds. Let's hit customs and we can worry about our toys after we've secured a place to put them all. 0tter, toy with the local Matrix, see if you can't keep their boys off our feeds. It'd be appreciated.

Stand tall, smile, and let's try not to look like we can't stand being here...)<<<<<

>>>>>(I'd just like to say that, though I usually consider murdering mortals for reasons other than business or food to be beneath me, I really, really, really hate Dash Juarez. Though perhaps it's fairer to say I hate what he represents: teen-appeal vampires. I'm not sure if I more despise that show he stars in for pandering such a watered-down image of vampires, or the brainless twatwaffles who lap it up and write him fan mail.

We need a vampire trid show with a real fucking vampire as the star!)<<<<<

>>>>>(But Red! We need you on the team!

And you'ld murder cast and crew after one episode. And the writers. And the fans.....

I think you see where I'm going, though I can make glossy pictures with arrows and circles on them, if you think that'd help. :firedevil: )<<<<<

>>>>>(Sheesh. I'd be overjoyed if a hot Latin actor portrayed a morally conflicted technomancer who's tough, but has a vulnerable side. You vampires get all the good PR, then bitch about it. Last I heard, the otaku were pretty much terrorist anarchists, or the witless pawns of homicidal digital intelligences.

Actually, that's pretty awesome too. Complaint retracted.)<<<<<

>>>>> And I thought us Riggers had a bad reputation. Then again... most of it is earned. We are mostly smugglers, pirates, or the ocasional mercenary. I'm just sick and tired of the damn trid movies of the hot-shot t-bird or jet jockeys... so unrealistic.

See, this can apply to anyone. :P Then again I'm just a sinister changeling.

>>>>>(You don't know that I'd kill the cast, crew and fan base. That's just stereotyping. After all, I haven't killed any of you yet, and none of you even write me fan mail.

Well, apart from Otter. But with her, it's hard to tell fan mail from trolling. Might even be both at once.)<<<<<

>>>>> Hey, I gave you that thank you note that last time you saved my hoop, and paid for a pint of blood and had it bought over from a friend's supply. It's nice knowing a street doc and knowing how much blood is lost from an "injury". It should at least help you feel appreciated, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Private Conversation:

,, ,, ,,
>>>>>> красный, please. Tell me you have your prey. There is not sufficient synthahol in hotel to sedate me if these two keep playing chess. I will be forced to take one of your walks. <<<<<<
,, ,,

>>>>>(Ahhh patience, дорогая охотница, patience. Its hard to be bored, is it not? I'll try to make haste, the better to fly back and relieve you of your tedium. This place is positively Pompeiian. According to a charming little brunette I've been working on, it gets really wild around 1 am.

I can hardly wait.)<<<<<

>>>>>(Hey Vik, if you're bored I could give you a guest account on my Truncheons and Trenchcoats game. You get to play a ruthless mercenary, accepting missions in the seedy underbelly of a futuristic dystopia for financial gain which can be used to upgrade gear and buy aug...men...

Oh right. Nevermind.)<<<<<

(Private conversation)

>>>>>> Дарлинг Волк, with regret I inform you that cessation of boredom is not linked to your absence only- but the sentiment, I appreciate. I know patience. Patience is leading the target, or spending hours in optimal position waiting for the target to arrive. In that, there is purpose, Да? Now, is only waiting. I dislike the lack of... ah, Проклятье! элегантность. I do not remember the English word. I am going to retrieve my other half, I think. They have begun another game. <<<<<<

>>>>>(Though I am loathe to come between you and your soulmate, perhaps tis best if you wait a little longer. After all, it would be a shame to go and fetch your other half, only to have him re-embark for a trip elsewhere, mm?

If it makes you feel better, or at least as though you are not alone in this, consider: I am lounging against a bar talking to a corporate PA clad in what barely constitutes dental floss. Her conversation is, if anything, even more banal than watching our two friends playing chess. Now THAT is truly lacking in elegance.

To make it worse, I have a drink in my hand from which I cannot sip, and about 734 drinks around me that I can, if only I could let my hair down. Picturing our large friend's constipated expression as he contemplates Kasparov's Gambit is what keeps me sane.

Okay, I lie. The sweet anticipation is killing me.)<<<<<

>>>>> これは耐え難いほど退屈な!!! Seriously. Looking at all these cars and none to our standards... Now I know how a soccer mom feels.

Translation
これは耐え難いほど退屈な!!! = Kore wa taegatai hodo taikutsuna = This is unbearably boring!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived