Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [SR4A - Everybody Lies] OOC - Streetchatter

Joani

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while I was looking into Team Blue I'm seeing several issues which make an update rather difficult. The current scene should be actually taken as a chance for you guys to get to know each other and also take advantage of hanging out at an exclusive Club. Unfortunately Tomas seems to be entirely AWOL and I haven't seen Reven around lately, at least not "regularly".

What pace would be recommendable to keep the game going/people interest in posting? Should I move you guys on to the next scene assuming your next "step" which is basically just some legwork which I can skip since it's nothing really challenging, just part of the job (and meant to get a feel for the game). So what should I do?

I'll give this another day before I move on the entire scene including the next clue which would bring you to the next scene. The next scene has potential for combat though and I can't skip posts as easily as with the current scene. I will employ a weekly update for Team Blue setting it on Fridays until I hear from you guys and got some feedback what you'd prefer. I really want to run this game but it's difficult with little participation.

-----

Team Red is in better shape (fortunately) - I'll give Grimm a chance to post a reply tonight before I update your thread. Team Red will be updated as needed. I've got the time to do daily updates so I'll be checking in to see how things are going.

----

If the situation with Team Blue won't improve I'll have to open up again for recruitment which I'll do tomorrow. The current scene allows for additioal Runners to join on the spot. It'll be more difficult the further the story progresses. Now lets get this thing rolling.

Adding an option to the list: Or go to the Hilton and see about talking to the guy there who's supposed to be able to find bookings in other hotels, like we were going to do. :)

Unless that's not an option? Is it too late in the evening for that?

That's an option, too. I was just taking my notes from what you guys mentioned earlier. You can of course march directly to the Hilton. I just wanted to put you guys there. One mile isn't really far away.

I check the site daily, it's just that Blue Team slowed to basically people posting once every nine days or so, so I just simply have been giving people time to sort their lives and catch up.. I have time to post but life is keeping me busy. I'm available and lurking...

I'm going to make some changes regarding Team Blue. Looks like things aren't going as planned - stay tuned - just give me a day or two to arrange the necessary changes and then hopefully we'll get you guys into the game.

Ace - That's not the issue. It seems not everyone is following my posts, be that in ooc or in game. I was expecting Chunin and Tomas to be more active and assume a leadership role since Zan'nen, Kemuri and you are not familiar with Shadowrun and in need of guidance. That didn't work out the way I hoped so I'll have to make adjustments in order to make this work.

• 2 weeks later...

This is directed at Valkyrie and Caesar - your Perception-Rolls included the entire room and you did beat the difficulty - you can safely assume there's not a hidden safe in there or anything else of importance. I would've mentioned it otherwise (you guys had 3 and 4 net hits which was plenty).

Anyway - I'll update tomorrow, just wanted you to know.

@Team Red -

you may or may not be aware of this. You can always (once a day usually) try to call one of your contacts and make some legwork/research/Information Gathering for you. I get (or you, if you want, doesn't matter much) to roll your Contacts Connection rating and depending on the result you get info from me.

This is a free PSA. Enjoy your day.

On a second issue - I will put Imiri inactive as of now since Krul hasn't shown up or left any kind of message for over a week. Tomas (Ein/English Guy) mentioned he wants to stay in the game - still waiting for a post of him, though ;)

Thirdly - I'll be having a friend visiting at my place from today till Sunday so my presence here will be limited.

I made an edit to the Jian post, he's going to be zonked out for at least an hour searching.

Edit: There was a little error in book reading... each roll will only take a minute, and Jian will coordinate with Valkyrie.

• 2 weeks later...

btw - a major thing/Detail you shoul notice. While you guys think you're being setup (which is fine to think, it's SR after all) - The ADA is the one taking a major risk here, not you guys.

She would be in far more trouble if it got revealed that she's bypassing the law to get "justice" done. You're in the advantage here not the other way around.

And lastly - Jack Turner is a known Smuggler in the criminal underworld - while Shadowrunner's aren't your white west citizens either - there's still a difference between criminals and Runner's.

Before you spiral down into whatifs an whatnots and who's been tracing you or not (Anyone of your contacts could have sold what you're doing if enough money was involved - not everyone on this team has a loyalty 3+ Contact - a Loyalty 2 or lower Contact would sell you out if necessary - and if only to mention on what missoin you're on or where you're most likely at.).

The risk the ADA is taking actually makes it worse though. It gives her a motive to doublecross us once the deal is done. We hand Turner over, they waste us. No one to tell the sad tale.

Of course Caesar's recording is potentially useful to avoid that, if used wisely.

As for traces, that's just a reaction Valk's having to all the codeslinging that went on from the Reality Hackers. She just wants to make sure no one got some bad AR in their commlink from that.

Good point about contacts too. That makes sense as far as how they could have found us.

I'll roll for Valk's matrix perception and Analyze asap.

Archived