Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [SR4A - Everybody Lies] OOC - Streetchatter

Joani

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to do some Data Searching on this prospective employer, and on the club. I'll start with what's public and decide from there where to go next.

Do you like to resolve that kind of thing in OOC and I just incorporate the results into my post? Or shall we go post by post in the IC thread?

A point of notice...I plan on doing these kinds of info searches a lot. :) Not to the point they bog the game down though.

I also want to do a data search on Mr. J, to that end:

[jameson] 6:20 pm: Logic 3 + Data Search 3

jameson *rolls* 6d6: 3+3+4+3+2+5: 20

[jameson] 6:20 pm: ugh 1 sux

Not sure if that would be some kind of extended action/test or not, but I'm not off to a good start otherwise.

apparently I should have added my comms browse to my dice pool

[jameson] 7:06 pm: no, I meant should I have added that on my roll

[Jeremy] 7:07 pm: Jim: Ah.... answer is still hell yes

[jameson] 7:07 pm: oh, then I need to add 3 dice

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 5+4+1: 10

giving me two sux, I'll roll twice more.

[jameson] 7:09 pm: ok here are my 2nd and 3rd rolls

[jameson] 7:09 pm: Logic 3 + Data Search 3 + Browse 3

jameson *rolls* 9d6: 5+2+6+5+3+5+6+6+1: 39

[salmonMax] 7:09 pm: Kami, not at all.

jameson *rolls* 9d6: 4+2+1+4+4+6+2+4+2: 29

[Jeremy] 7:10 pm: wait... do you use Logic?

6 sux on the 2nd roll and 1 on the third for a total of 9 sux over 3 hours.

I'd like to do some Data Searching on this prospective employer, and on the club. I'll start with what's public and decide from there where to go next.

Do you like to resolve that kind of thing in OOC and I just incorporate the results into my post? Or shall we go post by post in the IC thread?

A point of notice...I plan on doing these kinds of info searches a lot. :) Not to the point they bog the game down though.

I was actually expecting this kind of "legwork". You guys can do both Data Search rolls and ask your contacts. Each roll will take one hour and it is currently Noon In-Game time. You can make as many rolls as your rating in Data Search. Just declare what you are looking for before you roll. I will PM you results which you in return may incorporate into your posts.

I also want to do a data search on Mr. J, to that end:

[jameson] 6:20 pm: Logic 3 + Data Search 3

jameson *rolls* 6d6: 3+3+4+3+2+5: 20

[jameson] 6:20 pm: ugh 1 sux

Not sure if that would be some kind of extended action/test or not, but I'm not off to a good start otherwise.

You can do 3 rolls as an extended Action (Since you have a Data Search Rating of 3). The number of sux will yield more information about Mr. J. Alternatively you can decide to investigate the place you're going to or what kind of concert this is going to be et al. Just remember - one roll equals one hour of search. It is Noon in-game time and you'll need roughly one hour to get to the place.

Jian's Legwork

The Underworld 93 Club

[Jeremy] 6:57 pm: Knowledge Skill: Intuition + Local Clubs

Jeremy *rolls* 8d6: 1+1+1+5+3+3+5+6: 3 HITS

The Concert

[Jeremy] 7:15 pm: Data Search #1 - Data Search + Specialty + Browse program

Jeremy *rolls* 7d6: 3+1+2+4+5+5+5: 3 HITS

[Jeremy] 7:15 pm: Data Search #2 - Data Search + Specialty + Browse program

Jeremy *rolls* 7d6: 4+3+6+1+4+3+4: 1 HIT

Total: 4 HITS

Mr. Johnson

[Jeremy] 7:04 pm: Data Search #1 - Data Search + Specialty + Browse program

Jeremy *rolls* 7d6: 3+4+5+5+2+6+3: 3 HITS

[Jeremy] 7:07 pm: Data Search #2 - Data Search + Specialty + Browse program

Jeremy *rolls* 7d6: 4+4+6+1+6+1+4: 2 HITS

Total: 5 HITS

Club Surveillance

[Jeremy] 7:55 pm: Perception Roll to scope out the joint early: Intuition + Perception + Visual/Audio Enhancement

Jeremy *rolls* 10d6: 3+1+2+2+5+4+2+6+1+1: 2 HITS

WHO SAW MY ROLLS?: [Kamiko] 7:18 pm: I did.

Ok, that should take me up to 5/6 PM. So send me the results Joani, and I'll give you all a post. :)

@Jeremy -Yeah, sorry, I mixed up the Teams. My bad.

@Marko - nope, please don't. There'll be a profile Thread once the first run is finished. I will provide you guys with a template which you can use as guideline. I am not disclosing any sheets in this game.

My apologies for taking so long to post. I just realized that Grim cannot even do simple search tests with any guarantee of even basic levels of success so I had to rewrite what I'd written... :( All is good though. At least I know now where I'll be spending some early Karma...

Archived