Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - Young Justice 3: Rights and Responsibilities (aST justin ooc, Interlude) (Fin)

Karren Gaunt

Date: July 23rd, 2007

Participants: Coraline, Kamiko, Starseed, Mary

Location: A floating shelter, courtesy of Kamiko, just off a nameless Pacific atoll

“…Thank you again for being able to come on such short notice. The attack occurred at a village on the banks of the Jabal Nagashash in Sudan a few hours ago, all of the villagers killed, some fighting back by the bullet casings I found, others as they fled, and the rest… bleeding out as implanted fetuses consumed them from the inside out, most killing both child and host. By the way it smelled and looked, we‘re dealing with a fertile trog, the kind Aeon is using to scare people into hunting us,” Coraline’s chorus intoned grimly over a holographic map of eastern Sudan, white-on-black eyes hard with memories of what she’d spotted out of the corner of her eye during a morning ’jog’, “Alex’s satellites tracked an unknown quantum signature heading east in a straight line from the village to the Marrah Mountains before losing them among the foot hills. I’m willing to bet that that’s the one responsible for the attack, and if I’m right, we need to stop them before they do this again. Having a node doesn‘t mean your life is more important than anyone else’s if you can only hurt people with your power.”

“We’ve talked about how we’d handle this situation. Me first to seek and coordinate and assist if needed. Starseed next to strike if I find the target and serve as our back-up escape team at a 2nd safepoint. Kamiko to get us out of there if we run into trouble and patch up anyone who needs. Mary to help cover Kamiko if they hit here while we hit the site. Everyone good with that?”

Each of the three other Novas received a glance in turn, a clear ’speak now or forever hold your peace’ expectation on her features. This wasn’t going to be one of the feel good runs, the interviews and rescues they’d been spending most of their outings on. And they'd need to be tight to make this work.

Kamiko adjusts her "costume" as it were for the mission, a body-tight, impermiable and NBC rated jumpsuit with a typically Kamiko eufiber sailor collared outfit as armor, with a currently dark grey cloak. She has the hood up, and the hood has a clear, face-hugging facemask with an airline going to a airtank on her back.

"I've fully prepared myself for any nova-grade toxins and poisons... this cloak is proving more useful than I thought. Throughout the mission, I request you all call me Paper over coms. We will refer to this location as Hotel Quebec. Mary will be operating simply as Miss E. Coraline, relay any pertinent tactical informaiton to Hotel Quebec if you need tactical advice."

Mary nods. "I can handle intel like it's nothing, Cora. This one is on me."

Kamiko nods, as she prepares her medical equipment. "Notify me when we are at T-1 minute to drop."

"I am also warp capable, just in case I am needed for that duty, everyone."

"I reccomend that if we do this, once the bell rings from Cora we hit hard, fast, and without reservation. That means... we all must be on the same page with this or there might be problems. I don't want to see any of us dead or gravely injured after this. The stakes are high now, higher than they've ever been. God willing we pull through alright."

She adjusts her black tactical gear requisitioned from DeVries, under the cover she was a hired bodyguard for Kamiko's public appearances. "And whatever happens, make sure the Trog is dropped quick and humanely."

She looks to Kamiko to see if there is any hesitation, and finds none. She calmly nods.

"I'm ready."

"You know, call signs are not supposed to reflect your identity. I didn't take the time to make this disguise to just announce our identities to the world. I am not trying to be a pain here ... but we have other people to think about. This is a nasty issue to deal with, not an easy thing for me to do ... but with all the endless round table talks and case studies I have been convinced ... some Trogs do need to be killed. This one is endangering innocents and poses a larger global risk, so I am fine with the target given no other options seem available."

"You all have meta-sensory protection, me too ... but honestly, abbreviating Mary's name and a reference to Paper for the only paper master Nova I know of. Lets just use numbers, or letters ... randomly assinged. So Cora, for example would NOT be Alpha ... because you are the leader Cora, and the call sign should not give away info. Its not that I don't trust the fancy comms Alex provided us ... but people with my level of senses or yours can hear us speaking into the mike from kilometers away as clear as an air raid siren."

"I have been going on about security procedure in previous meetings over and over because I care people. Its not to be a pain, its to keep us AND the people who we know safe from retaliation."

"Otherwise, I am good with the plan. I brought four of me for combat but they are holding their cloaks up for now, and two are standing off at the other Evac point. This me is the disposable spear point. I also have another couple me's with friends of mine ... in case I need to borrow some Q from them."

"Sorry I could not scrounge up more, but as you say short notice."

"Very well... I'm 4 and Mary is 2. Seems fair enough."

Kamiko sits on the deployed medic bed. closing her eyes. "I will need a latitude and longitude, once I get that I can open the gate. Once it's in my head I can open it over and over."

"We will have to keep my gates open for a very short time. Painfully short. This way the amount of quantum I am revealing to our target is kept to as low as I can produce for a profile."

"Cora and Star... you think 3 second apertures would be sufficient?"

"Is there a preferred height she should open at, you two? I think that is an important detail that needs to be stated before we start bringing the noise."

Mary says this as she checks her pistols. Making sure all of her cleaning a few hours ago and maintenance of her two pistols was complete.

"Also I should know the SOP for warps so that I can be the emergency escape if necessary."

"I think, Mary ... your priority is Kami-chan then Cora for evac warps. Kami, your priority is Cora. All of me here are me, but all of me understand that these me's can be sacrificed. I can get these me's back, so these me's can find their way out if required."

"I also have a couple of cloaked distractions that are going to gate themselves in about ten seconds after your entry gates close. They will be observers and holo projectors. I am going to keep them cloaked and use them to simulate decoys de-cloaking. To add a fog of war element to our side. Everyone of me will look like this, but with different army insignia and some different web gear. To simulate a unit look rather than a clone look."

"Cora - entry alititude is up to you. I say medium range for my selves, but as a suggestion only."

"More than enough, Kamiko, provided I'm given a heads up first," the young metamorph answered, chorus grave, "But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We may not find them. Or we may have been beaten to the punch. Until *I* give the word and the coordinates, no one else goes through. As for the warp, Starseed, you know how you fight best and I'll tell you everything I can find about the target, so you make your call then. As for me..."

There was a moment of profound morphic unpleasant as the nova super model's flesh flowed and bulged like wax in heat, drawn out of it's normal slow-churning human seeming by Coraline's node as easily as a clay on a spinning wheel. Bones cracked and formed beneath eufiber that flowed to keep pace or withdrew from skin that glistened with new poisons. Two extra arms sprouting beneath her natural pair. Hair that rippled without any wind. Looks that softened from quantum perfection to nothing special. Flesh humming with new tricks even as she faintly blurred in place and exhaled as her form reaffixed itself to a quantum-locked configuration borrowing from a dozen different predators, eufiber a form-fitting bodyglove already reflexively mirroring her surroundings. She lifted a few inches off the ground and blinked at the others with eyes that no longer had her distinct coloration, and spoke with a voice that was, simply, a voice.

"Open me a gate about three kilometers above where Alex lost the trog. I'll start from there," she instructed, plucking up her com from the table and slipping it into place on one ear, "Here we go."

envoy] 11:15 pm: bodyshift roll, last five mega.

envoy *rolls* 18d10: 5+9+3+7+7+1+5+3+6+10+3+7+2+7+6+1+7+5: 94

[envoy] 11:16 pm: nine successes to divvie up.

Let's see... Hardbody, Neural acceleration, Nematocysts, extra limbs, prehensile hair, and durability.

Add in scene-length enhanced movement, ms. nobody, flight, and hyperflight, and that's ten out of 75 quantum gone.

Kamiko pulls out some paper, focussing her mind on a point she sees on her datapad. She had an offline atlas running to help focus her teleports, as well as since it was offline and the device didn't have a GPS, she couldn't be traced.

"One minute and counting..."

She tosses some paper to the floor, and the gate begins to form.

Once the circular gate starts to take shape she turns to Mary.

"Level your pistols at the gate. If a hostile gets the jump on our gate, you know what to do."

Mary nods as the paper spins and twists into position.

"Ten..."

Kamiko focusses on the event horizon as more words and sparks surround her head.

"Five..."

The sparks and words leave her head and hover in the center gate.

"Three... Two... One... Entangled."

The gate flares to life.

"Looks clear, go!"

"Okay, I'm Nine then, Starseed's assault team is One, and her back-up Warpers are Six. See you when this is over," she offered one final time before diving backwards through the warp in a single graceful motion, toes clearing the warp's event horizon as it collapsed behind her by millimeters.

Coraline ended up above a winding valley leading into a hundred-mile long chain of rugged volcanic mountains, wind snapped at her animate hair, smelling of dust and hints of old pollution. Her skin, hair, and eufiber rippled to match the sky above her, a moment of introspection as she recalled the conversation that led her here with what was to come if they found they're suspected target.

"Alex. This is Cora. I'm in Sudan. Something wiped out a village. Judging by the... fetuses implanted in some of the victims, I'm thinking a heavily tainted nova. possibly a trog. Can your satellites check for anything strange?"

"I can look for unidentified signatures in your area...hold on a second... You're in luck. Not many novas in Sudan at the moment. There's one pretty close to you though, east of your position and heading for the Marrah mountains. Better hurry...if there's caves I won't be able to track it underground."

"Can you contact Star and Kamiko? They're supposed to be deck today, and I want to find out what we're dealing with."

*a sigh* "You can talk to me, but not to them? We've got to get you better gear. Hold on..."

"Okay, I can connect you to Star and Kami through the satnet...switchboard you, basically. One other thing though, if you don't mind, could you bring back one or more of the following things: one of the implanted embryos, the trog's brain...if intact...and the trog's node, intact or not. Okay? Oh! And if it has any really exotic aberrated tissues...bring that too. Kay? Thanks, bye!"

She shook her head at what she had had to do to drop the first of Alex's desired sample in her lab on the Primus. If it wasn't for the hope that Alex could use it to cure these poor victims instead of stopping them... Okay. Work to do. Coraline dove for the valley below, a silent chameleonic blur even if anyone had the eyes to see her, eyes peeled on the electromagnetic spectrim, ears peeled for abhuman heartbeats as she gyred out through the mountains, a hunter on the trail for anything that might lead her to her monstrous, pitiable prey.

envoy] 12:01 pm: first up, stealth+dex.

[envoy] 12:02 pm: last 8 mega

envoy *rolls* 21d10: 5+5+5+7+4+9+1+10+1+3+3+7+6+2+10+8+8+3+1+7+9: 114

[envoy] 12:04 pm: huh. 15+11 auto successes for high m-dex and silent running, so 26.

[envoy] 12:05 pm: next, vision check with some e-m vision on top. last 7 mega

envoy *rolls* 20d10: 8+3+10+1+1+2+9+7+7+7+4+7+3+5+2+2+6+1+10+3: 98

[envoy] 12:07 pm: so, 10+3 autos for e-m, gives us 13.

[envoy] 12:07 pm: and finally, hearing withh-e hearing to help out.

[envoy] 12:07 pm: last seven mega

envoy *rolls* 20d10: 5+10+2+10+7+10+1+10+9+1+3+2+1+10+7+2+8+6+3+3: 110

[envoy] 12:08 pm: so, 12 +3 for 15

[envoy] 12:09 pm: wait, no +2 to both of those perception rolls. 15 vision, 17 hearing.

So all told down to 63/75 quantum, full health levels

Coraline dropped to the ground near near the freshest of these kills, a lithe rock-colored form that eyed the insectoid fetuses dead near their hosts, ruptured stomachs and emaciated forms giving no clue how they were implanted, at least after the scavengers had started having their way with them. So this Trog had nonlethal takedown methods. Good to know. "Nine to Hotel Quebac. Multiple bodies and failed implantations, but no other signs from the air. Target aparently has a way to take baselines down without leaving a mark. I'm continuing on foot. Over and out," the metamorph sent in a sotto whisper, hair wrything with how much damage this trog had done already.

She took a deep inhalation of the corpse for signs of a scent that was close to that of the fetus, hoping to find the mother's trail.

She found one. So she followed, carefully, ignoring the heavy odor of blood that predominated it.

[envoy] 12:39 pm: using cora's nose to sniff out the potential baddie.

[envoy] 12:39 pm: last 7 mega, bloodhound in effect.

envoy *rolls* 20d10: 4+3+9+3+2+6+5+8+10+4+4+10+8+8+8+1+6+4+10+7: 120

[envoy] 12:40 pm: huh, so 14+5 auro successes. 19 enough to find a trail?

[envoy] 12:55 pm: well, if 19 is enough to find a trail. here's more sneaky-sneaky dex+stealth with cat-footed.

[Long6] 12:55 pm: it is envoy

[Long6] 12:55 pm: though the smell of blood abounds

[envoy] 12:55 pm: last eight mega

envoy *rolls* 21d10: 3+3+10+4+4+6+10+7+3+9+8+4+3+1+3+9+6+9+9+7+4: 122

[envoy] 12:57 pm: hah. 13 +6 auto autos, so nineteen to find the trog without being spotted.

61/75 Quantum left, full health levels

Kamiko breathes a sigh of relief that everything worked so far. The becloaked papermistress looks over her equipment once again, preparing for getting gassed. She turns off her microphone using a belt-mounted control for her earbud but keeps the speaker running.

"I can only imagine... wait I can't imagine, what poor Cora is seeing down there..."

She turns the mic back on using a belt control. "9, give us a status report when able. Remember it will take a minute to open a gate for you if needed. 4 Out."

She sets her paper up, preparing for Starseed's warp.

She opens the front door to the shelter and listens intently, as she starts pulling up a atlas of the area.

Quantum Pool: 76/79
Damage Levels: Clear
Willpower: 10[/code]

Umm Bator, a sign said. Just another small town that this monster was using to satisfy it's taint-twisted mind. Coraline tensed, earth-toned features angry.

"Nine to Hotel Quebec. I have our target. She's attacking the town of Umm Bator. Drop the warp in the town center, and the first of us to find her engages. Civilans still present, so be careful. Over," she tersely instructed.

And then with a silent blur, the metamorph was enroute at best speed, eufiber peeling away from her palms, elbows, and knees to reveal glistening, poisoned flesh. No more victims.

Kamiko threw paper outside and it started to snap together, under her influence the water was no threat, and an arch formed. Then it began to hum.

"T-Minus 50 seconds to warp.... 40..."

She focused herself, looking at her atlas.

"1, prepare for jump. 9, readying."

"Evac point Alpha will be 40 ckicks west of your location after 1's arrival. Godspeed."

"20 seconds..."

She takes a deep breath and focusses.

"10 seconds, Mary cover the aperture, ground entry protocol."

"5 seconds..."

"3..." Kamiko glares at the portal. "2..." "1..."

The portal cracks open...

Quantum Pool: 73/79
Willpower: 10

Star - you can take control of the warp here for writing purpose. It will close behind you on successful transit.[/code]

Cora and Star got to witness the entire gruesome affair. There was a nova, one that looked like a human/insect hybrid, and only vaguely so. It's abdomen ended ina trio of protrusions, which were imbedded into a woman. Its antenna flickered, and then it backed away, and moved off. In the span of ten seconds, the woman's body seemed to explode as the trog fetus grew within her abdomen, as her arms legs and face seemed to atrophy. The Fluid within them was being drained at an alarming rate as she screamed in pain. Still She was alive, until the Fetus burst forth from her stomah, only partially formed, dying when exposed to the air. The Trog moved on, unmoved, looking for another victim. From what she could hear, the Trog wasn't alone.

The five Stars, four cloaked and all with defenses up quickly powered through the gate and then the four cloaked Stars scattered in a wide pattern from the visible one.

The uncloaked Star transited the gate super-charged Quantum bolt blazing in full fire at the target. Azure beams of self-directing energy lanced out at the earliest opportunity, fixed on and homing onto the target with wrath that this killed hopefully deserved.

Kami was in for the plan they discussed at the round table ...wasting no time, Kami would snap that gate shut - and wasn't standing in front anyway, so she'd not be in the line of fire even if an explosion formed a cone on the other side. Mary knew the coded signal that could summon one Stars there in emergency, and knew the pre-determined evac points as per the plan.

Far from battle - across the solar system but only two light seconds in each direction from Kami's location - two more Stars waited to make their entries ... Star had sent an auto-triggered comm signal with coordinates / intel on transiting the gate and their gates would open onto the battlefield at medium range in 90 seconds, in case the battle raged and more exit points were required. Again, round table plan.

Back on the Yamato, on the secured bridge, about 4 light seconds for Kami's location were Violet Arachnia and Ichiro. These experienced Novas were with two more Stars and were ready to make their quantum accessible to Star in planned intervals based on the usage rate she felt... they too got the comm signal.

Notes
Initiative 43

Mary wasted no time, getting her gasmask hood on, and hooking up the external air supply Mary took for herself, slinging it unto her back like a backpack. Kamiko was smart in wearing the cloak Mary was so very familiar with. It was Kyoko's first, after all.

She smiles as she spun her pistols out of their holster and had them at the ready.

She then hops outside and hovers up to the roof of the shelter. She flips down a HUD and observes a secured security camera feed from within the shelter.

Initiative: 30
Initiative Position: 30
Quantum Pool: 59/60

Kamiko takes a deep breath.

"God give us the strength and forgive us for what we are about to do."

She closes the gate star used then begins focussing on forming the emergency gate.

willpower roll
Kamiko *rolls* 10d10: 5+4+6+1+9+8+6+1+8+1: 49

Gate will stay open 24 seconds before I gotta start to dump willpower.

She keeps her focus on the new emergency gate 40km west from the ground zero.

"4 here, one minute till bolt hole opens."

The location she picked looked like it had good cover, but she wasn't sure what was there now... it seemed nothing more than scrub land.

Initiative: 20
Willpower: 10 [/code]

[envoy] 5:47 pm: rolling now with the help of enhanced initive.

envoy *rolls* 1d10: 10+41: 51

So me first.

First into the fray and powered by an unatural singing of quantum along her nerves and a kernal of well-controlled rage, Coraline surged into the closest trog at super sonic speeds and deadly silence, body a symphony of fluid movement. She struck one, twice, thrice, as deadly as an airborne river and just as smooth, living hair encircling her limbs like barbed armor, bare flesh to follow if any weakness was found for her paralytic toxins.

The trog's armor kept Coraline's subtle weapon at bay but the sheer precise force of the blows shattered the monster's body and splattered her eufiber in it's ichor.

A flicker heartbeat later and Coraline picked out a second target, transfering her momentum into the second monster, not wanting to waste anytime. The midair explosion was a surprise though.

envoy] 6:06 pm: okay. dice time. Spliting her action three ways, which doubles to six due to nueral acceleration. two -2, two -3, two -4. Okay.

[envoy] 6:06 pm: hitting random number one. rapid strike.

[envoy] 6:08 pm: last eight mega.

envoy *rolls* 28d10: 1+3+4+10+7+10+4+2+9+10+2+8+6+8+4+5+4+2+6+3+10+5+8+7+2+1+5+8: 154

[envoy] 6:09 pm: so sixteen plus three for nine. do I hit and any overage?

[envoy] 6:13 pm: rolling damage for aeriel strike post soak

envoy *rolls* 15d10: 7+7+9+10+7+6+4+2+6+7+9+7+1+2+7: 91

[envoy] 6:13 pm: nine lethal.

[envoy] 6:16 pm: envoy rolls 28d10: 8+1+2+5+6+1+1+10+9+3+2+2+3+10+8+10+3+3+4+6+10+10+7+7+6+5+1+1: 144

[envoy] 6:16 pm: 19 again.

[envoy] 6:16 pm: still hit, five over?

[envoy] 6:18 pm: damage for hit two.

envoy *rolls* 15d10: 5+1+10+3+7+6+4+2+7+2+1+9+10+2+5: 74

[envoy] 6:18 pm: fivel lethal.

[envoy] 6:19 pm: hit three, last eight mega

envoy *rolls* 27d10: 6+1+3+4+5+2+4+2+8+10+2+9+5+2+3+9+4+9+3+8+4+4+8+6+9+1+10: 141

[envoy] 6:20 pm: 17 successes, five overage?

[envoy] 6:21 pm: dammage.

envoy *rolls* 15d10: 10+4+3+1+4+7+3+3+8+2+4+1+6+10+3: 69

[envoy] 6:21 pm: four more lethal.

Action four: take off full speed at closest Trog.

Action five: Momentum transfer, trog is now traveling 180,000 kph straight up/

Long6] 6:38 pm: roll envoy

[envoy] 6:39 pm: wits+momentum transfer?

[Long6] 6:39 pm: yup

[envoy] 6:39 pm: okay.

[envoy] 6:39 pm: last four mega.

envoy *rolls* 11d10: 7+8+1+10+8+10+5+2+6+3+8: 68

[envoy] 6:40 pm: seven successes.

Owww. Okay, that's 32 lethal damage to Cora.

Action six. Coraline picks up to full speed again. 55/75 Quantum left, 32 levels of lethal damage

The result of her second target was a groundlevel nuclear explosion, flattening everything within 300 meters, and setting a great deal of the remaining town on fire. The effects buffeted the Star clone at the initial warp point, washing over her without incident. Still the carnage was staggering.Nothing in the radius was left alive.

The cloaked Starseeds were utterly unaffected by the explosion being insubstantial ... a nuclear blast that instantly highlighted the danger of these monsters to each one of her.

Comms went down due to ionization in the atmosphere nearby. Her MPODD communications were shielded, but this close to a nuclear blast even EMP shielded circus would be temporarily down ... the signals wouldn't carry through the atmosphere nearby for seconds, perhaps even a minute. Likely not more, given the tactical scale of the detonation and its close proximity to the ground. Thank goodness that this hadn't been an aerial battle ... just a few hundred meters altitude on that detonation and it would have been a air burst ... which would have carried the energy much, much farther.

The Starseed who was both visible and corporeal in order to serve as a target was also unaffected by the tremendous blast ... it didn't even work up secondary radiation on her exterior energy fields.

The poor people of the town would not be so lucky. Flashed into ash, even outside the immediate blast radius ... their deaths would be mercifully quick, even those still alive in the flames.

Able enough with Quantum Attunement to not exert quantum energy for it maintenance all of her had been observing this way the entire time. Though everyone's eyes would be flash blind, her quantum senses easily supplanted vision and she was able to locate a third target nearby.

She simply turned in place, the target was close enough. She let loose with a high-energy change quantum bolt ... firing a stream of lancets ... some of which did find their marks. She did some damage.

This one was tough.

Star's target hissed, it's firery field flaring, and then the sky seemed to turn red, as flames literally fell from the sky, insuring that the rest of the town was lit ablaze. Any survivors left had the misfortune of being outside running away, and they were caught and roasted by the storm of quantum fueled flames, and the fairly intact remains of Cora's first targer were blackened to ash by the attack as well.

Mary stands on the roof of the shelter as she observes the gate Kamiko is making barely starting to form. She keeps in contact with the combat, and makes sure the channels are clear.

She puts her force field up and prepares for war.

All she hears is silence.

"Kami-chan get that gate up! Coms went down!"

FF Roll
Kamiko *rolls* 9d10: 1+5+5+10+2+5+4+10+2: 44

Force Field up (+16/+16 BL), Eufiber +5/+5, Base Soak 8/4
Final Soak: 29/25
Quantum Pool: 57/60

"Working on it! Quantum Entanglement doesn't happen in the blink of an eye, just watch for intruders!"

Kamiko wishes Mary would worry more about what might happen here. Standing inside of the shelter she still keeps working on her emergency gate.

Willpower: 10
[/code]

The final one to act was the most intelligent. She bided her time, seeing what had happened to two of her brothers. In the firebombed remains of one of the buildings she used her special talents, leaving the scene to let her queen know that they'd run into trouble, and request help, and vengeance....

end round 1, cora is up

Coraline dropped out of the sky onto the trog approaching from the east. She was seared and blackened, chunks of protean flesh blasted from her frame to the bone in places and her razor-sharp hair regrowing even as she connected in a flurry of blows that left the chittering nova on it's side and nearly dead. Anger thrummed through her thoughts, anger and disbelief. What had just happened? Nothing she had hit with her speed had doen *this* before! That was what happened when she was going faster than light! Node help her, if there was something in these Trogs that...

Focus. That one was still alive, and if it was still breathing by the time she came back around, she'd hit again. Simple as that.

[envoy] 11:27 am: Okay, three way split doubled to six actions -2 2x, -3 2x, -4 2x.

[envoy] 11:29 am: okay, action one, attacking the eastern trog, rapid strike, last 8 mega.

envoy *rolls* 28d10: 10+3+8+7+7+6+4+9+4+8+4+5+8+6+6+4+5+7+9+5+2+6+2+10+4+8+5+1: 163

[envoy] 11:30 am: 17 successes. +5 overage?

[envoy] 11:32 am: damage roll for aerial strike

envoy *rolls* 9d10: 8+9+9+8+6+6+8+10+1: 65

[envoy] 11:32 am: six lethal

[envoy] 11:33 am: hit number two, same target.

envoy *rolls* 28d10: 8+10+10+2+4+5+10+10+6+10+7+3+9+6+7+2+3+9+8+10+2+9+8+6+1+10+10+9: 194

[envoy] 11:34 am: 20ish successes. +5?

[envoy] 11:35 am: rolling damage.

envoy *rolls* 9d10: 5+7+4+6+4+9+1+2+10: 48

[envoy] 11:35 am: three lethal

[envoy] 11:37 am: action three, hit it again!

envoy *rolls* 27d10: 3+2+7+7+2+5+4+6+4+2+3+1+10+1+2+7+2+10+7+8+9+8+3+7+10+1+4: 135

[envoy] 11:38 am: 20 successes.

[Long6] 11:39 am: 5 over

[envoy] 11:40 am: rolling damage

envoy *rolls* 9d10: 4+8+8+6+7+8+7+3+3: 54

[envoy] 11:40 am: five lethal.

[envoy] 11:41 am: tough bugger. and again.

envoy *rolls* 27d10: 6+8+4+7+8+2+7+3+6+7+6+7+7+1+6+10+10+8+3+3+3+4+8+9+7+8+8: 166

[envoy] 11:41 am: Alot of successes.

[envoy] 11:41 am: damage

envoy *rolls* 9d10: 3+6+1+5+7+3+4+7+6: 42

[envoy] 11:42 am: two more lethal

[envoy] 11:44 am: hit number five.

envoy *rolls* 26d10: 7+2+6+9+6+1+8+7+3+8+3+10+7+3+8+7+9+5+5+10+9+5+10+7+4+6: 165

[envoy] 11:45 am: 22 successes

[envoy] 11:46 am: rolling damage

envoy *rolls* 9d10: 10+8+10+1+5+1+4+10+3: 52

[envoy] 11:46 am: four more. probability on the dot.

and coraline takes off at full speed, gifting herself a dodge defense of 40 for being so damn quick.

50/75 quantum left, 32 lethal damage suffered

As one bug-Trog, the one she had glanced with a few of the auto-fire hits before, made its way towards her it was able to avoid her shot. To conserve juice the visible Star went to single fire, but despite homing in on the advancing opponent the azure bolt did not find its mark.

The four cloaked Stars did not drop their cloaks but as they moved they also let loose a lancet of azure wrath each. Two of them found their mark on the target that the first had just missed and the other two finished off the opponent that Cora had seriously wounded.

Far from the battle, the Stars on energy maintenance duty sensed their quantum reserves were depleting and drew in more energy from waiting allies. Painless, and voluntary Ichiro and Arachnia knew what was going on. They had done this before, but only during Star's childhood during testing. They knew the stakes were high, and that the gift of their reserves could matter.

Coraline noted three large cunks of stone sail past her at alarming speed. There was still plenty of fight left in at least one of the Trogs.

The one Star and her miniature army had blasted that was still alive, and he replied with An attack of a what seemed to be organic plasma fire. It utterly destroyed everything it touched, except for Star. Who had to catch herself in flight from the loss of everything around her.

Mary starts taking a crouched position, making sure she can quickly pivot on heel to watch her back as easily as her forward arc. Her eyes watch the horizon with an eagle's precision. Unfortunately she was aware of her shortcomings with her hearing. It never recovered from the accident that triggered her eruption and in the process she had to rely on other senses to pick up the slack.

"4, when we get done, we should talk... I think your new condition would be perfect for you to train more combat techniques you can use to defend yourself. I know you made a promise and all to Dan but still... work for peace, prepare for war and all..."

Force Field up (+16/+16 BL), Eufiber +5/+5, Base Soak 8/4
Final Soak: 29/25
Quantum Pool: 57/60

Kamiko controlled her breathing, focusing on her quantum flow and remembering what Dan taught her about molding quantum to make it do what you want, while being mindful to let it move through you and tell you what you need to do to make things work. Only through synergy can you make the miracles of the Nova Age happen.

"At some point I will take you up on the offer, Mary, but focus on the now. Star and Coraline are counting on us."

Kamiko moved all thoughts of doubt and fear from her mind. She needed to be of a clear mind to be what Star and Cora needed. They needed Kamiko... no, they needed more than that. And she will do her best.

Eyes on the prize. They were down to two of the original six trogs. Coraline closed with the one who tossed the rocks at her, striking at a weak spot with all the skill she could muster.

Tink.

So she spiraled up at a leisurely 10,000 kph, and gifted that velocity to the trog, sending him into orbit and following at her full speed, ready to finish the job and trust Star to do the same to her target before they regrouped to find the sixth.

[envoy] 1:36 pm: anyhow, three way split into the same old 2x -2, 2x -3, and 2x -4

[envoy] 1:37 pm: attacking the rock chucker.

envoy *rolls* 28d10: 9+3+6+7+6+6+6+1+6+6+6+10+6+8+3+4+1+7+5+9+8+6+7+9+10+2+10+10: 177

[envoy] 1:37 pm: I hit it alot.[envoy] 1:43 pm: rolling ping damage.

[Varro] 1:44 pm: 70 health levels ... wow

envoy *rolls* 1d10: 4: 4

[envoy] 1:56 pm: okay, action two, coraline cuts her speed to 10,000 kph

[envoy] 1:56 pm: moving roughly straight up.

[envoy] 1:57 pm: action three, momentum transfer

[envoy] 1:58 pm: wits+momentum control.

[envoy] 1:58 pm: last four mega

envoy *rolls* 12d10: 6+4+10+8+2+7+2+1+7+10+5+6: 68

[envoy] 1:59 pm: eight successes. what happens?

[Long6] 2:05 pm: there's cracks in his armor, but he's fine, in orbit

[envoy] 2:06 pm: coraline follows at a silent 180k kph.

[envoy] 2:06 pm: end turn. 46/75 Quantum, 32 lethal damage suffered.

The five Stars faced their opponent, which must have been at least somewhat confused by the five near simultaneous lances of azure energy that struck it from various directions.

The energies sliced through its body, cutting, shattering, and searing as they went ... and it was dead.

The visible Star and her four cloaked counterparts fanned out in an effort to locate the trog that had fled, and all noted the hand signals that visible Star used ... omega pattern ... that was a five point star with visible on the northernmost tip. With the deployment pattern in their minds they set out to search and destroy.

The two Stars, far off on energy monitoring duty, responded to another sharp drop in reserves. They both took in some replenishment.

Coraline studied the thrashing beast, no, child, for a few heartbeats worth of time, burning enough juice to have an intact layer of skin although there were still dents where the flesh was lacking underneath. This was a victim in the way of any other member of her generation who had suffered, in no way it's fault for having been born twisted and mad by it's parent's mistakes. 'I'm sorry,' she mouthed to the thing and then gave it the only mercy she could, gifting it with the velocity to send it to a burning death above the indian ocean, watching it die before making her own way back to the site of the battle, expression pensive as she returned to the search and destroying Starseeds.

How much of this destruction was her fault? How much could she have prevented with a little patience? The questions bit at her.

And then it struck her she had returned to an abandoned battlefield with no means to find her ally even if she had left willingly. That was troubling.

Okay, out of combat time, so Regenerating five HLs and Momentum Transfering the Trog to it's death, 38/75 Quantum, 27 lethal HLs

Mary sighed... wondering what was happening at the combat site.

"4, keep forming the gate, I'm going to start covering our tracks. If something doesn't look right prepare to DD."

Mary starts to work her magic, first to alter any sattelite imagery of Hotel Quebec. There will be nothing at this spot of the atoll other than open water and idyllic scenery, as before.

Alter Data roll.
Kamiko *rolls* 13d10: 7+7+4+8+8+4+1+6+5+2+3+10+10: 75

Archived