Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

yeah, I wasn't planning to edit for a character mistake (barring something clearly erroneous). It's not like Gary took the effort to pinpoint Naomi's location (he could have if he had wanted) so he only knew what was passed on.

Plus he's introducing people with Codenames, talk about awkward.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to pre-plan a big Gary post to try and co-ordinate the team. We've not heard from Blitz in a while though so I'm hoping that Dawn will see this and let us know that she is still in the game, or let us know to work around her. It'll be easier if we can know going forward who's in and who's not.

I'll try and make that post tonight sometime, and then we'll need some GM postage :D

Oops- Superball here.

yeah, I wasn't planning to edit for a character mistake (barring something clearly erroneous). It's not like Gary took the effort to pinpoint Naomi's location (he could have if he had wanted) so he only knew what was passed on.

Plus he's introducing people with Codenames, talk about awkward.

But codenames are cool! ^_^

I'm starting to pre-plan a big Gary post to try and co-ordinate the team. We've not heard from Blitz in a while though so I'm hoping that Dawn will see this and let us know that she is still in the game, or let us know to work around her. It'll be easier if we can know going forward who's in and who's not.

I'll try and make that post tonight sometime, and then we'll need some GM postage :D

With my recent post, Superball's going to be your #2 on this.

Here's my thinking ... or rather mine filtered through Gary's knowledge of the game IC.

We need to find out what's going on inside, and of the five heroes Gary is best suited to doing so since he can do so without going in. On the outside though he wants to make sure that there aren't any unguarded potential exits for the men inside the bank to use. He's going to ask Volt to recon the immediate area, from the air, and locate any roof access points, or other such egresses which can't be seen as easily from the ground. He's going to task Hellhound to do the same around the building's perimeter, as well as sniffing out an possible external backup these guys may have in the near vicinity. Blitz will be tasked with the unglamourous job of checking the sewers, utilities conduits, and the basements of adjoining buildings. I figure she's fastest and thus better suited to that kind of recon since blind teleports are usually not the best of ideas.

Superball will be asked to bring up the building schematics (I think she already did this. but I don't think gary is aware of it), and to also cross reference the bank's own scheduling. Is there something specific that drew them here today like a massive deposit, or a large cash transfer from another bank(s)?? She's easily the one best suited to filter through that amount of data to find anything that may be out of the norm to give us an edge, either with negotiations, or with ... less verbal confrontations.

I've indeed done that. Since we don't have any comlinks the best I can do is visualize what I'm looking at.

A beep happens in her helmet. "And that tells me the downloads are done. I'll set up the overlay and keep that on my helmet visor HUD.
I'm looking at it right now. I'll keep it visualized in my minds eye if you can read visual information as well as thoughts."[/code]

I could patch into a computer terminal somehow and get a hack attack going to figure out what is up. Even if all I can find is a feed from the security cameras.

Just give her the marching orders and she's ready to go.

Sure thing ...now bear in mind, Volt may have some really good info for Gary, and by extension the rest of the team.

He is there very quickly, and before anyone arrives may hear something relevant with his super hearing ... or have found a clue on his search. Or being told something by the guys in charge on the scene - whom he is talking to while everyone is still on the road.

Given you guys are driving to a downtown location, during rush hour, into an ongoing traffic disruption caused by having streets blocked off by police cordons and SWAT vehicles ... the trip might take a bit.

During that time, the party can get info from the scene ... if Volt and Gary can work together.

EDIT: But I think moving forward is the better option ... going back and editing lots of things will just be very messy. I think we can chalk it up IC to the team not being coordinated yet ... not having trained as a unit. Which makes sense IC.

OK, I made my post. I got everybody into the same time frame and place. Let's try and go forward a little more cleanly. I made a suggestion in my reply, but I'll repeat it here. You all make a reply with your actions and any rolls, and then we wait for Heritage. I think anything else and we're just going to make a confusing mess of things. :D

Call me old fashioned, but I like keeping my rolls OOC:

Perception (1d20+10=14) for anything visual

Perception with Scent (1d20+10=16)

Hellhound will not only be looking for any potential ways out of the building, but any potential ways into it as well. If there's a maintenence access or security panel or something. He could probably sniff out any entry way that's been used before this way. Not just by the crooks, but by security personel, etc.

He's going to try and lock on to certain smells: Gasoline, Gun oil, Cleaning products, perhaps even drugs if there's one with an odor about. It might help to know if any of the suspects (or even employees) are impaired. Also on his list is cigarette smoke. If there's a lot of the behind the building, maybe he can find the door the employees use on smoke breaks, etc.

To each their own. We just kinda got a little out of control and some actions were glossed over or missed entirely, while others took less time than they probably ought to have. We're all on the same page now so it should be easy for Heritage to get us updated and moving smoothly now that we are all going to need action resolution and information transfer. :)

Whoa nilly, so much activity! I've been having some health issues (fun anal probing in less than eight hours!), but it looks like much craziness has ensued! In order to keep some semblance of sanity, I think it's time for some Initiative rolling so we can set up a posting order.

Hurm, my villains have very different Init scores; it might be best if I just roll for the leader and just put everyone else on the same spot to clear things up. I'm gonna have a decent amount of time this weekend, so hopefully we can get this all sorted out asap.

Oh, I meant for each of you guys to roll your own Initiative and post it (with a link to the dice roller) here. Also I'm using the bank from the M&M corebook Freedom City adventure for the layout, since you should all have the book; the landscaping is gone and it's part of a downtown city block, of course, with an alley running along the south side. I don't have my book with me right now, though (curses!)

I just realized I can't use the roller on this damn laptop; Gary, would you be kind enough to roll a d20+3 for Team Evil (not their real name) here in the OOC? I don't want to hold up posting until I get access to a better computer later in the weekend.

Initiative - 13

roll
[Kamiko] 11:24 am: Now... LCU Initiative Roll

Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 11+2: 13

Also this is what I was doing before the initiative roll was called:

She starts doing a brute force crack of the bank's wireless connection directly. Her prize was the bank's local database of all deliveries, accounts, and very recent transactions. See, banks rarely anymore carry a lot of their money, so if a deposit was made of a large sum in person... that might be bait. Then there's the safe deposit vaults... any recent changes in the bank's manifest should prove interesting.

Technology Roll
Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 7+18: 25

She just hopes she can crack the system in time. If the police would have given her some sort of access codes this would be far faster.

Okay, first up I fixed my last post, which now acknowledges HH's teleport and actually makes sense; how did I screw that up so bad?

So are initiatives stand as follows:

EVIL! - 23

Super Agent Gary - 19

Blitz - 18

Superball - 13

Volt - 10

Hellhound - 9 (You call yourself an agent of darkness? For shame!)

And now, to post!

Okay, I just put up the first of two posts; the second post will tell everyone what they see, find out, etc. If anyone want's to make any changes to their previous posts based on the above info, feel free to tweak, just let me know here what you changed. I should have ginat post number two up tomorrow.

Hellhound will have taken at least a glance at any of the schematics Superball was able to produce. With that, He'll be able to accurate teleport past the walls of the building to either the main lobby, or the vault. If "Carny" breaks through the vault door, Hellhound is prepared to teleport into the vault and stall the perps. He'll be saying as much to Gary over their mental link.

Hellhound knows he's now actively looking for some type of escape vehicle like a van while seaching the back of the building.

He also has an inkling of a plan brewing, but I'll get into that in character...

Of course, this plan will require Blitz to get up close and personal with him for a few seconds in order to pull it off. DRAMA! Dun Dun Dun!

I apologize for the long delay, guys; the power cord on my laptop died, and I can't get it to take a charge anymore. I've copied all my gaming files over to my datastick, so nothing's been lost, but I am now thrice-access-challenged - argh! On the plus side, I may be getting a new job at higher pay, which may make all my problems magically go away (so to speak).

Good to hear!

And no worries on my end. The PbP thing has become greatly reduced to the level of "Accessory Entertainment" for me. I can wait for posts... or not... It really doesn't matter. Take your time. Real Life comes first (it'll kick your ass harder than the internet ever could, unless you frequent 4chan).

Please forgive me for the lack of scene-setting in the 'list post' I just put up; I really want us to get going on this, and I had so much to convey this just seemed best. If I didn't answer somebody's question, let me know. Sorry for the lack of flavor text, characterization, etc.

Volt, give me a Perception check for your Ultra Hearing to locate the 'fourth man', Pidge.

Archived