Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, once we're all finally down there, I suppose we just move out.

And to be clear, the torrential thoughts that Gary hears inside Hellhound ARE his surface thoughts. They ARE what he is sharing across the link. It's because as far as the voices in his head go, he can't hold them back. So Gary will hear that every time he uses the link to tap into Hellhound's head.

Hmm, I may have to tweak some stuff to make this all make sense; the elevator that the team is taking down (the main elevator) goes down to a basement level, which then leads to a tunnel that leads to the actual garage, which is in a whole 'nother building.

Hurmmmm....

There are times when people amke mistakes and see them.

Other times, people have to point it out.

Several people in chat have said it was a mistake I having left. Now I have to agree.

Superball's going to realize that evil like the killer is exactly why she's needed.

Thing is, I just want to know if I can return or not. Up to Heritage really.

After all, the motorcycle is outside...

If you want to come back and plan to stay, than I would absolutely be fine with Superball coming back; perhaps a post where she hears reports of the bank robbery on a police scanner, grits her teeth and says, "Aw, who am I kidding?" and races to the scene?

BTW, look for a post from me here today, with details about the crime scene and other cool stuff. Gary, is it possible to link Kiki into Garynet or is that beyond his abilities due to range, etc?

Not sure I can really post a response to Superball's post. Hellhound is riding the truck like a trashman on the back of a trash truck. Hand and foot grip on the back of the vehicle. I don't think he'd hear the radio what with the rushing wind and all...

Though at least the holidays are over with and I can concentrate on this a little more now.

I was hoping to have more time to post this afternoon, but hassles with my phone provider (beware of Cricket!) wasted most of my lunch hour. Gary, thanks for the update on Kiki's mental link status; what I think I'll do in my next post if have Kiki talking to SB over the team's radio, and letting her coordinate getting our resident bouncy tech head to the bank at the same time as the rest of the group. Then she can get added to the link there, I guess.

Gary could add her in from anywhere within his range, he just tries to avoid doing so without asking first. Exceptions do apply, and if he needed to ask a question of the Detectives he would do so. I should probably purchase a few ranks of mental quickness and/or rapid on the communications to help him do such things without burning time.

Sorry, SB here. Was checking on posts when I saw this.

It would be logical that SB would have been patched in through the radio somehow. It made sense so I ran with it in my post. I think they have to have the tech for it. Of course once on arrival SB will be logged into Sam's "network".

SB really needs to whip up some comlinks for the team. That way there's more than one or two avenues of communication.

Back in 2e, the setting Heritage and I played on online treated com-links as one of the things that just comes with the territory of being a super hero. Like they were standard issue when you got your brightly colored tights.

I realize this setting is lacking in the aforementioned brightly colored clothing department, but with an organization backing us I wouldn't think it would be too much of a stretch to believe that we'd get com-links when we signed up, or when they issued our keys to the building or our assigned parking spaces or whatever else they give out on the first day.

So, while Com-links are a great idea, having our characters actually produce them with inventions or whatever may not be necessary (not that I'm trying to steal your thunder, SB, but with) as trivial as they are. But then, I'm just blowing smoke until Heritage gives the OK.

That reminds me of another question. During character creation Heritage said that we could purchase special body armor as equipment. I think they were called O-suits. For instance, Hellhound has:

O-Suit:

Protection 2 (Subtle) [3ep]

Enhanced Advantages 1: Quick Change [1ep]

Subtle would mean that they can be hidden under street clothes presumably, so no ret-con would be needed as far as the descriptions of the clothes he's wearing, but as we might be in combat soon, I have to wonder if we've even been given the suits yet, or not? Were they perhaps one of the things we received when we signed up or got drafted? Perhaps we slipped into them before leaving the hangar? Just wanna clear this up before I have to start rolling Toughness Saves ;)

Thanks

I had figured that Subtle would allow it to either be worn under clothing, or to be "silk-steel" type of material that could be made to look like normal clothing "Bullet proof vest? Ha! The whole suit is bullet proof!"

That said, I had not figured that it was something we wouldn't have had to start, which is possible.

All good questions! HH took the words out of my mouth as far as com-links go; I pretty much think com-links and/or cellphones should more or less be freebies. Just one less thing to worry about, like character money.

As far as the O-Suits go, I'm figuring you got them when you were sworn in; they're basically the standard eufiber/unstable molecules/Gumby technology, and they do whatever you're willing to spend points on them for, as far as I'm concerned. I suggested Quick Change ("The last suit you'll ever own!") and Protection as being real good things to drop into it. You can wear it under a trenchcoat like Gambit ("How 'bout a kiss, cheri?") or have it BE the trenchcoat, so there should be no continuity problems and anyone who needs protection has it right now.

Yes, he went ahead ... to the scene.

And Hellohound: Volt is relaying the info you are asking, to Gary, who is going to be in the car with you ... relaying the images and the response to the almost the same question ... probably about 3 to 5 minutes before you arrive to ask it.

That is, if Gary chooses to relay the images and information. That I have been sending, for two posts :)

But strangely, he has nothing to do but read files in the car. Which one would think wouldn't be as interesting as examining the current crime scene in real time living colour.

All good questions! HH took the words out of my mouth as far as com-links go; I pretty much think com-links and/or cellphones should more or less be freebies. Just one less thing to worry about, like character money.

As far as the O-Suits go, I'm figuring you got them when you were sworn in; they're basically the standard eufiber/unstable molecules/Gumby technology, and they do whatever you're willing to spend points on them for, as far as I'm concerned. I suggested Quick Change ("The last suit you'll ever own!") and Protection as being real good things to drop into it. You can wear it under a trenchcoat like Gambit ("How 'bout a kiss, cheri?") or have it BE the trenchcoat, so there should be no continuity problems and anyone who needs protection has it right now.

I think that's what I'll be wearing underneath the superball suit in case I get hit with something the suit can't handle. But it'll be the basic suit (since I didn't really invest any points into it).

Archived