[OpNet] I thought I'd announce this before the Media jumped all over this.

Sakurako Hino

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormwarden:
I am missing something here, aren't I? I have never gone out on a date with a man before. What is it like? Is him buying me food important?

I have been out dancing before at various clubs. I like dancing. It makes me feel so alive and excited sharing in all that energy.
Please tell me you're joking... you've never been out on a date? Where were you raised... a convent? Salt Lake City perhaps?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was raised in Canada and I never got out much. I have had trouble interacting with other people, so mostly I kept to myself.

I have also looked up some various dating etiquette on the Opnet. So much of it is confusing information. I think I need to talk with Dorothy about this. She is a real help to me.

Quote:
I was raised in Canada and I never got out much. I have had trouble interacting with other people, so mostly I kept to myself.
I know the feeling. I have trouble dealing with people too. Heh.

Quote:
I have also looked up some various dating etiquette on the Opnet. So much of it is confusing information. I think I need to talk with Dorothy about this. She is a real help to me.
You looked it up on the Opnet? Puhlease... the best way to learn it is to do it. Get out there, have fun with it, and don't be afraid of failure.

Quote:
I tried, but failed miserably. It still hurts a lot. Is it always this way?
Despite his rather acerbic attitude, Revenant has the right of things: don't give up after one failure. Either try again with whoever you tried to be with or don't be afraid to try to be with someone else. Just follow the heart; it takes you to wonderful places. wink

It wasn't a matter of being a good person. It was just a matter of you accepting what was offered. Not just in your mind but in your heart.

Some say you needed help. I say you needed someone strong to keep you afloat. As it is now I fear you will drown, but I am not allowed to be the one who saves you. I hope you find someone.

Quote:
I am sorry that it didn't work out between you, Thoughtwave, and myself, Wakinyan. I was unworthy of being a part of your family. You showed me that I am not a good person and that hasn't changed.
Wait... everything I've seen about you has said that you're a great person. And Wakinyan is not too nice himself, so saying you aren't worthy of him is... questionable. And believe me, I know - he and I are very similar people.

And, last remark, I promise - Sometimes, two very good people just aren't right for each other. Just because you didn't fit into Wakinyan's family doesn't mean you aren't worthy of being a member. All it means is that it didn't work, period.

Quote:
Revenant, Singularity, Cade ... thank you for your kind words. Love is a wonderful thing and I don't want to let it go.
Yeah well, I have a reputation uphold so don't go throwin it around that I was kind to ya... cuz I wasn't. I was just expressing my opinion in general, take it for what it's worth.

Ya seem like an OK broad, you'll do fine, I'm sure.

Quote:
Sean, how can two people who love one another not be right for one another?
If I may...

Becaue, unlike the fairy tales, romantic novels, movies and such would have you believe, love does not, in fact, conquer all.

~Noir

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir:
Quote:
If I may...

Becaue, unlike the fairy tales, romantic novels, movies and such would have you believe, love does not, in fact, conquer all.

~Noir
Well said Noir. Well said.

Quote:
Noir's right, sometimes, things just aren't right. My aunt is like that - she and her first husband split up because they just couldn't live together. They still love each other, but they aren't good with each other.

I care for Wakinyan, too, but he and I didn't work together. The person I became around him wasn't good for me or for him. And that isn't his fault, and it isn't mine. It just is. Do you understand?

Quote:
Wakinyan, if I returned to you, would you and your wife still accept me? I treated you both so poorly
As much as I might regret it I think our tale has been told. At least it is now not for me to say if there is more to be written.

Quote:
Is it better to never love? Should I never hope to love another because the pain is so great? That sounds so empty.
Maybe you should look at it this way: love isn't easy. It isn't like the novels, where you just fall in love. There is the type of immediate love, but it quickly burns away. Real love is hard work, it takes time, and doesn't just happen.

When you find real love, you'll know it, and you'll know that all the other loves were false, hollow feelings. I thought I knew love until I almost killed it; I don't believe in God, but I still feel graditude toward whatever force or being made me stop down my destructive path and let Harry love me again.

Believe in love. But don't believe that it will happen. Work toward it. Fight for it. Love yourself, and let someone else love you, and you'll have your love.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold 'Mythic' Anderson:
Quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
I still feel graditude toward whatever force or being made me stop down my destructive path and let Harry love me again.
I never stopped. shocked
I know, babe... that's what makes you so special. And I'm damned lucky you love me.

Quote:
So, Carver and Mythic, you held on to your love for one another and things did work out? What would have happened if one of you had given up on the other?
Well... I can't speak for Harry, but I would have been miserable. I was very miserable without him, but then, I believe that he was the right person for me... and I hope, me for him.

By comparison, when I was dumped by Jimmy, I was unhappy, but that sorrow only lasted a few weeks, and I was not nearly as unhappy. With Harry... I lost a part of me. With Jimmy, I just lost baggage. But at the time, I thought that I couldn't believe that anything would hurt so much again. I was wrong, when I lost true love.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiteki Hoshiko:
Truly, all relationships are a matter of mutual convenience, but that is not to say that there isn't beauty in them.
Yeah. It's beautiful. It's beautiful when she wakes up, makes me waffles, and is gone before my next "mutual convenience" arrives, I hate it when they catch each other.

On the upside I get to try all sorts of different foods.

Archived