Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - The Truth

Justin OOC

After having talked with Skye, Kyohei knew he had to tell Delilah. It was hard though, it felt like he lied to her all this time. He just hoped it didn't sour things with her, as he'd truly come to enjoy being around her.

He walked across the campus, heading for the girl's dorm. Everyone gave him a wider berth than normal. He couldn't figure out what had happened now, but he put it from his mind.

He got to Delilah and Aria's room, and sighed, this wasn't going to be easy.

With that thought in mind, he knocked on the door.

The door opened before Kyohei's knuckles hit it a second time, to reveal Delilah looking up at him with knowing, deep purple eyes. She knew it had been him behind the door, been expecting him for sometime. It had taken everything she had not to confront him earlier, demanding to know what he was hiding.

Since their First Time, her taste for emotions had sharpened drastically. She could taste them from clear across the school now, with far finer acuity. When Kyohei was wakened by his nightmares, the bitter bite of his emotions woke her too, near to tears.

And yet, he never said anything about them. So she had remained silent too in that regard. They had promised to be truthful in everything. She hoped she didn't regret choosing her Mate of Fate so young, younger than most succubae, though most non-succubae wouldn't believe it.

"Come in, Kyohei, I've been expecting you," Delilah said with a wave of her hand, her sultry voice low, but not carrying its normal, sensual overtones.

She was dressed in a simple, red gown that draped closely to her dramatic figure and ended at her knees, its most noteworthy quality being just a hair away from being thin to the point of translucency. She was barefoot and her luxurious, burgundy hair hung in loose waves down her back.

She led Kyohei inside than sat with legs crossed on the edge of her bed. She waited for Kyohei to begin when he was ready with a silent, remarkably patient composure, her face schooled to enigmatic neutrality, one eyebrow slightly arched in anticipation.

He knew she could tell, and that he should have gone right away. He'd wanted to be sure, and he'd wanted not to spoil things. Evidently he'd failed at that.

He looked at her and nodded "Is Aria here? I don't mind if she is, she's bound to learn what I have to say sooner or later, I just would like to know."

He was obviously agitated, worried, and ashamed, whatever he had to say wasn't pleasant.

There was a pregnant pause, as both of them waited for Aria to materialize.

Just as they were about to move on, there was a knock at the door. A very polite, unassuming knock that wasn't so much asking permission to enter as it was warning them someone was coming in.

And then she did.

Aria glanced from Kyohei to Delilah questioningly, then shook her head. "Am I interrupting something?"

Kyohei shook his head. "Nothing you don't have a right to hear, considering it was you that Convinced Aoi to let me stay."

He waited for her to sit, and that the door was shut.

"I've regained some of the memories of what I did before I came here. Like my sisters, I was a Yokai hunter, and slayer."

"While I'm not an Angel like they are, I still hunted with them, often as bait."

Aria nodded.

"I assumed that was the case. It wouldn't make any sense to send you here if you had no combat experience. Odd that your memories were erased. Was it because they didn't want to take the chance of your mind being read?"

Delilah was unusually - for her - silent and reserved, reserved enough for Aria even, as she listened to Kyohei's revelation. Though he knew she could sense everything he was feeling, the normally expressive succubus was giving away nothing of what she felt or thought.

She let Aria ask her question then added one of her own. "Now that you have some of your memories back, does it change how you feel about... things - us?" Me?

He looked to Aria and nodded. "That makes sense, thinking about it, but I believe there's more to it than that. It was likely Aoi that did this, and she was always good at layering and hiding her intentions."

He looked to Delilah and shook his head. "No, it doesn't. My confusion, my shame, mostly come from the fact that I've effectively lied to you all along, at least regarding who and what I was. That I didn't know doesn't excuse it."

"That I am what I am doesn't change how I feel about you at all. I still really care for you Delilah, never doubt that." He was telling the absolute truth as he saw it, and the surety in his voice was the same genuine feeling she'd always gotten from him.

"I'm actually a little thankful to Aoi, or whoever actually did this to me. Had they not, I would never have met you, any of you. Despite this revelation I consider you all my friends, and in truth, you're the only friends I remember having. I will understand if things won't be the same, and I will do all I can to regain your trust in me."

He looked at Delilah and smiled. "Of course you and I will always be much more than friends, at least as far as I'm concerned."

Kyohei held his breath, the beating of his heart loud in his ears, as he waited for Delilah's response. Finally, after such a long moment Kyohei thought his heart was going to burst, Delilah smiled, a small, pure curve of enticing lips.

"What's between us, it's there, regardless of your and my concern, and always will be," Delilah confirmed, the sultriness back in her voice as she stood and sashayed into Kyohei's arms. She tilted her head up and gave her boyfriend a deep, yearning kiss.

What he claimed was terrible, frightening, but he had told her, her trust in him was justified. And so, she wouldn't ever turn her back on him (unless it was to maneuver into a different sex position), especially not now, when he just found out who - what - he was.

"Now that I have you, Kyohei, if it was your sister that did this, instead of hating her this much-" Delilah stretched her hands out to the sides as far as they would go, "-I only hate her this much." Her hands pulled in all of an inch.

Holding his hand, she led him to her bed, sat him down, then sat next to him, close, her hand on his thigh. The succubus was in a much better mood now, but she still looked up at him, a deep wellspring of concern in her eyes.

"Do you want to confront your sister, find out if she did this? Or if not her, whoever did it, and see if you can get all your memories back?"

"I would like to, but I do not know exactly how receptive Aoi would be. Or if I could even get the truth from her. "I could pull rank I suppose, but then my life here would likely end."

He shook his head. "That's something I'm not ready for, call it selfish if you must, but I'm not ready to go home."

"Kyohei's memories seem to be slowly returning on their own," Aria points out. "Given that, I don't think there's any reason to force the matter. Soon enough he'll remember what was done to him to make him forget, and why. Then we'll know."

She smiles.

"Have some patience."

Archived