World of Darkness: The Darkness of Space - New Game: The Darkness of Space

LydaLynn

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean it won't work in the spoiler in the sig? It should, but I don't think I've seen anyone try that before and it might not work. Try it in the body of a regular post first and we'll see if that works. Because it should.

Originally Posted By: Glitch
I know I need to post- sorry. Having trouble in figuring out what to do anyway.

Take your time. Remember, while you're in charge of C&C you do still have people over you if your character is overwhelmed. You can either post with authority on what to do or post with a call to someone of higher rank, either works just fine.

Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
I have never been able to get an image to work in my sig, though I didn't try putting it in a spoiler first, so that might work. Good luck.

I finaly got it to work kinda weird, but it was in my Charatcer post.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Do you mean it won't work in the spoiler in the sig? It should, but I don't think I've seen anyone try that before and it might not work. Try it in the body of a regular post first and we'll see if that works. Because it should.

well the funnie thing is it works now

I tried it on one of my pcs with a picture in the sig and I got:

Click to reveal..
brawlbanner.jpg
Code:
[align:center]

brawlbanner.jpg [/align]

The only thing left that comes to my mind is that Chosen has set size limits on what can be in the signatures, to keep pages from bogging down when loading (even something in a spoiler box will preload to prevent it from having to be loaded when you open hte box). Your picture is 38391 bytes and 487 x 304 pixels. It might simply be too big. I'd PM Chosen and ask him about that.

I'm wanting to wrap up day one here pretty soon. If I need to, I can move the strange ship into it's own thread and just split the groups to move forward to keep from having everyone slowed.

batsibf and Glitch, please let me know if you think you can post through this in the next couple days or you think I should go ahead and move you.

[Nyghtshade] 4:19 pm: how long is the trip from the base to earth? does time go by at real world rate?

[LydaLynn] 4:22 pm: there are 20 gates in the trip from Earth to the base - each gate takes thirty two minutes and eighteen seconds to get from one side to the other relative time - for those taking the trip - it seems instantaneous to get between the entrance and exit of the gates - there is between 15 min and 12 hours real flight between gates

[Wyrd] 4:23 pm: So very long flight from Earth.

[LydaLynn] 4:24 pm: for the people in the ship - it seems like about ten days - if you make the trip straight

[LydaLynn] 4:25 pm: few actually take it all in one trip

[LydaLynn] 4:28 pm: no gate traverses less than 5 light years - the longest gate jump is 48 light years [in the earth to base circit anyway]

Attention:!!!

Christy/LydaLynn has come down with a bad stomach bug. She is sick at home and has no ability for getting on the Internet at the moment. She has called and asked me to make a post to inform everyone that game is canceled for tomorrow at 4pm.

Again Game is canceled for tomorrow Sat June 17th at 4pm. Once chisty is back to feeling well again and has Internet I am sure she shall be back to explain more.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you Mik - I appreciate it.

I finally was able to keep dinner with me last night and am feeling much better. Internet is also working again [electrical storm fried the old router and we had to get another one].

I am happy to be back and though I'm sorry to have missed the opportunity for an in-person game - I'm happy to be back to posting here.

I'm having trouble tabulating my current XP total, mind helping me out here?

Your first in character post was on 5/25/11 - you made at least three posts during that week [23-29], this gives you 2 xp for that week. The next week in which you posted was 6/12/11 for the week [6-12] - you had no posts in the week 30-5 - you get 1 xp for week 30-5 and 1 xp for week 6-12 [as you only made one post in that week] - you posted again on 6/14/11 for week 13-19 and got at least three posts in during that week giving you 2 xp there - we are currently on week 20-26 you have posted once thus far - giving 1 xp [though you can earn a second if you post twice more before the 26th]. You also have started a character profile thread giving you an additional 5 xp.

Your current total xp is 12.

Quick question before I post in 2b: Where did Grimm stay the night? Would he have been collared by someone before sloping off, or would Dove have simply invited him to the meeting tomorrow and let him be?

Dove would have talked to him a bit and because she wanted to make sure he showed up, she'd have given him a room. It's up to him if he stayed there - she also would have also given him a voucher for the mess hall.

Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
I'm having trouble tabulating my current XP total, mind helping me out here?

Your first in character post was on 5/25/11 - you made at least three posts during that week [23-29], this gives you 2 xp for that week. The next week in which you posted was 6/12/11 for the week [6-12] - you had no posts in the week 30-5 - you get 1 xp for week 30-5 and 1 xp for week 6-12 [as you only made one post in that week] - you posted again on 6/14/11 for week 13-19 and got at least three posts in during that week giving you 2 xp there - we are currently on week 20-26 you have posted once thus far - giving 1 xp [though you can earn a second if you post twice more before the 26th]. You also have started a character profile thread giving you an additional 5 xp.

Your current total xp is 12.

Thanks. smile

Sorry, I suppose this should go here: LL, I need to know if I was able to successfully examine Batsibf's character if he has been brought in by now, and if I have been able to establish communication with him. Given that he is not in an immediate emergency situation but speaks no known language, I would not have permitted someone to use Mind to communicate with him without authorization from Dove. Don't want to create an interspecies Incident here. However, I'm sure that the report on him would be part of this meeting.

It will be at the end of the meeting - hopefully we'll be caught up by then - as for examine - only with instruments and such - with you in a full enviro suit - VERY limited communication established -- yes/no etc.

I didn't previously mention here - but . . . while there is no teleporting - individual ships can have small warp gates like the ones that float in space for extended travel. This is a magical construct - mage created - and very expensive. Permanent bases [such as the Moon Base] are equipped with these gates as well. One must go from one gate to another gate - each of these correspondence effects has a prime marker that is unique so you can 'dial' the appropriate gate exit. Most of them also have security procedures in place so people can't exit a gate without the proper code. These small gates, though VERY expensive [one must have a minimum of 5 resources to even think about having one] have a very limited range. Typical range is one solar unit [ie - the distance between the sun and pluto].

Anyone who is supernatural and would like to recognize others as supernatural may make a roll. If you have a particular ability [auspex, etc] use the appropriate dice. If you do no - a straight perception roll can work [only if you are supernatural]. If you're using an ability - you only need one success - straight perception requires two successes [success = 7+]. Once you have succeeded you know they are a supernatural creature [this excludes those who are not and mummies] - a Wits+Lore [or just Wits] roll can get you specific type [unless they are the same supernatural type you are - a mage always knows another mage by aura, etc]. With 3+ successes on the lore roll you can also get deeper information.

When you make these rolls, please place them in a spoiler directed at the person you are perceiving.

If you see that someone has a spoiler for your character and I havn't yet gotten the information to that player in that thread - you are free to do so - remember that the lore roll will only get them supernatural type - and 3+ successes gets them 'ideas' of the aura - such as 'dark spaces flicker through a thick purple aura that feels heavy with lust and physical prowess'.

Archived