Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 3: Planning

Justin OOC

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Justin OOC

Kyohei was the reincarnation of Alexander, the Angel that was Delilah's father.

"Why, why did you just do that? Don't you care what it would do to Delilah if she had seen that?"

His anger was righteous, just as she remembered, and she could feel it rising more. She could feel the confusion radiating from him, and tinging it all, the beginnings of recognition.

Lillith stared at Kyohei her eyes reflecting all the hope she has ever had. Please... remember, Alexander. But while there was a hint of recognition in his eyes it wasn’t enough to make a connection. No doubt Kyohei was the reincarnated soul of Alexander but the Celestial Father had surely taken precautions to deny her her true love. He was him in body and soul... but yet he wasn’t.

The Succubus slowly dropped to the floor. Her tears evaporating on her red burning skin. „You don’t remember...“, she faintly spoke.

„I don’t understand.“, Kyohei defended himself still struggling with his anger about what she just done.

„Oh Kyohei... I wished I could make this easier but I can’t. When I saw you the first time... I knew I couldn’t be mistaken but I ignored it – tried to ignore although that wasn’t possible. You... you are a reincarnated soul – someone who was very close to me. Closer than any soul ever before. From that love Delilah was created...“, her eyes searched his‘ still hoping that something she said would make him remember her. Remember how they used to be lovers...

He looked at her, confusion and disbelief blatantly apparent. "That can't be right. She's my girlfriend Lilith, not my Daughter. If it was how you described, that would be perverse and disgusting."

That said there was a sickening pit in his stomach. He had a knack for telling when he was being lied to, and right now, Lilith wasn't giving any of the tells. She is the Mother of all succubi, though, so perhaps she was simply better than he was in this regard.

He began heading for the door. He had to get away, before she tried something else on him. "I know all about the cycle of Reincarnation. If I was who you say I was, I would remember."

"Just what are you hoping to gain by telling me this?"

There was an odd glow surrounding him, and it was intensifying. It made the part of Lilith that was a demon affraid, She remembered it, and the searing grasp Alexander had used to slay demons with a touch.

It was too late - the damage had been done. Lillith closed her eyes trying to center herself and remain calm in the face of death. He could kill her and she wouldn't defend herself for his anger was righteous. How could she fight him? She loved him.

"It is neither perverse nor disgusting and if it was blame the Celestial Father for his wicked sense of humor. I know your soul Kyohei, I know it better than you know yourself. I just... needed to know and now I have certainty. I won't stand in your and my daughters way again. You are her Mate of Fate - I mustn't interfere.", the Mother of all Succubi stood up eyes still closed hands at her sides, open, vulnerable and defenseless. If he decided to strike now, he'd have a clean kill.

I love you Alexander - I always will

Kyohei looked at her. She honestly seemed to expect him to kill her.

"Don't try to lie to me like this again. Whether you're my girlfriend's mother or not, I won't be so forgiving next time." The aura seemed to fade, no longer visible.

"Now where are we, so I know how to explain why I'm here, and how I got here."

His voice was still tinged with anger, but he'd calmed down some. He didn't know what to do now, or who to even talk to about this. It was the first moment since he'd come to the academy that he actually wished he could talk to Aoi. She could set the record straight.

„I can take you anywhere you want, Kyohei...“, Lillith spoke opening her eyes meeting his‘ and in that short moment, with a quick turn of her wrist she caught his eyes which glazed over suddenly. Before his suddenly limp body slammed to the ground Lillith caught him with uncanny speed and picked him up tears running down her cheeks as she carried him back to the dorm carefully maneouvering through the place unseen by magic until she reached Delilah's room.

No one saw them, she didn’t allow it and when she arrived she gently placed him in her bed.

“I was asking you about Delilah, my daughter. I needed to know if you would honor her. If you returned the pure love she offered you for you are her Mate of Fate. I don’t want to see my daughter suffer and I’ve made far too many mistakes myself to know just how important this is for her. Should you have any doubt about your love... tell her before you break her heart. I promise, she’ll honor your love like it was her life.“

The Queen of Succubi weaved a powerful spell erasing the memory of their encounter and replacing it with what her melliflouos voice just whispered into his slumbering mind. The memory would be hazy, maybe even mixed with some true events, like the kiss he had given her but in her stead he would see Delilah’s face.

All Kyohei would remember is what she whispered into his ear and how the conversation had taken place in Delilah's room.

When Lillith left everything was back to normal – Kyohei would wake up from a deep slumber and she would be long gone...

Kyohei woke up and recognized his surroundings. "Guess the workout and then THAT conversation took alot out of me. That or she thought to leave Delilah a present. He got up and left, discreetly, knowing he needed a good shower.

He got back to his room, and stopped, there was another bed, and luggage in the spare room he'd had. Evidently he'd be getting a roommate.

"Wonder what sort of Yokai he'll be." He mused as he continued to the bathroom and a cleansing shower.

Meanwhile back in Delilah's room, a tiny spider tumbled out from between a pair of books on the bookshelf. It was joined by a couple from under the bed...then a few more from the windows. Then they were marching in from the bathroom...under the front door...for a moment the floor of the dorm room was not much more than an undulating fog of spiders climbing over each other. Using each others bodies as scaffolds, the spiders mounted up, and filled into a black human silhouette. A moment later it was just Aria standing there, watching Delilah's bed with a pensive expression. She glanced towards the door...then stepped out through it.

She had a lot to think about.

Shizuka nodded and lead Yuuki out. "Well would you like to go now, or take a tour first?"

"I think I'd like to go now and get settled in while I'm fresh, Shizuka-Sensi," the young dryad answered, hugging her folder to her chest and green eyes abstracted in thought, "Perhaps I could even work out any potential difficulties about this situation by getting my new roomate to show me around."

She paused for effect, expression apoligetic, "Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but may I ask if this 'Kyohei' is objectionable as a roomate for any reason other than his being male?"

Shizuka nodded. "He's a good boy. he's just different. I don't think you'll have any problems with him, I just object out of the principle of it all."

She lead her through the building and out to the Dorm, and to Kyohei's room, drawing several looks. Inside Kyohei had just finished dressing himself after a cleansing shower.

"Sounds like he's in. Kyohei it's Miss nekomone, I have your new roommate."

he answered. "Okay coming."

He opened the door with a smile that to his credit didn't falter when he beheld not a male yokai, but a female one.

"Umm Miss Nekomone, aren't you mistaken?"

"No Kyohei, this is Hina Yuuki, she will be your roommate for the forseeable future."

kyohei looked at her. "Alright then."

he backed in, and gestured. "Welcome home then, hina Yuuki."

As he stood back, hina could get a good look at him. he smelled clean and fresh, and he was handsome in the extreme. His stance was of a man who worked and trained hard, and his eyes sparked with occasional mischief.

Yuuki, for her part, presented the visage of a mostly-harmless Noble yokai scionette, non-threatening and humble and entirely willing to reach a peaceful accord that would preserve the dignity of herself and any party she might have the misfortune to fall into conflict with. Not that that in itself wasn't something to look out for, given the usual rough-and-tumble politics of the Monster World.

She smiled up at Kyohei, green eyes taking him in a polite up-and-down scan before focusing on his face. Well, he was no member of the Hina Clan, but if first impressions meant anything... "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kyohei-San, and my greatest hope that we will be able to work past any awkwardness both amiably and swiftly," she answered without hesitation and stepping past him into the room, "I was informed that there was a shortage of rooms in the girl's dorm, hence my assignment here."

The young dryad glanced at the teacher, seeking quick confirmation.

Shizuka nodded. "Sadly this is so. rather than fit 3 or four into rooms, we are making do, choosing only the most upstanding of our male students with single rooms to have our overflow of female students room with."

He just nodded. "That must be your luggage in the other room on that bed then." He smiled. "come on inside, this will be your home then you might as well feel welcome."

There were two bedrooms, a small kitchen, a living room and a bathroom. It was quite amenable, for what should be a highschool dorm.

Yuuki smiled as she took the arrangements in, delighted by a living space larger than anything she had had so far back home in the Valley, even accounting for the fact she'd share it with another person. She eventually turned that smile back on Shizuka-Sensi and Kyohei-San, bowing her head quickly to intone, "Thank you for making me feel welcome. I shall do my best to earn such hospitality."

Inside the young dryad was spinning with happiness, almost indecently eager to get her things stowed so she could get to know this Academy as only one of her kind really could.

Shizuka nodded. "Alright. Kyohei, if you would, show Yuuki around. You have the same schedules, save for for gym, and maybe you can show her some of the other clubs."

After his first week, he'd been courted by a number of clubs beyond the newspaper, and had espressed interest in several.

He nodded. "Yes ma'am, that won't be a problem."

He smiled to Yuuki. "your stuff is in your room, you can put it all away and then we can go."

Shizuka left, confident at least that things would be okay. Kyohei was a good boy after all.

"Flicker?" Darrik called out as he entered his room. The door shut behind him, and he looked perplexed as the imp didn't show. "Flicker?"

Now that was odd. The imp had a habit of coming back around now, since Darrik had seen this occur enough times. Darrik ended up deciding that the imp still wasn't back from his snooping and so sat down in a chair. After some searching, he found a text book and began to start studying for the science test while he waited.

Now this gave some quiet and peace, if nothing else. Nothing to worry about from mysterious thieves and killers, or being attacked by suitors seeking to bury their faces between Jezebelle's breasts, or get wrapped up by her surprisingly strong arms-

Dammit. Only two pages and Darrik looked down at his pants. Well, if Jezebelle was free from cheerleading, and wanted some personalized tutoring... He got up and adjusted his pants.

Originally Posted By: Kurosoroshiimaru
Rica moved to knock politely, but Kuromaru intervened, admittedly driven mainly by his distaste of slavery and how much his largesse might annoy the vampire. "It is my room also. Pray enter and be welcome."

Kozue turned as the door opened, distaste on his features. When he saw the man towering over the slight Rica, his face smoothed into neutrality. “You are Kurosoroshiimaru, correct?” the vampire lordling asked.

“Yes.” That was the minimal response required for politeness and it was all Kuromaru gave.

“And you’re… Shine?” the vampire tried, looking past him to the girl holding his hand.

“Skye,” the teen informed him, her voice a touch cool.

“Skye, yes, my apologies,” Kozue said, inclining his head a touch. “I am glad you are here, Kuromaru,” he continued, looking around at the many packed bags which now filled the area. “Which side of the room do you want? I find both to be satisfactory, and I leave the choice to you.” Kozue seemed a little more personable here, not that any of the three cared.

"My name is Kurosoroshiimaru." Kuromaru corrected softly, the quietness of his voice like the whisper of a sword being unsheathed. "You may take liberties with your slave's name-" the intonation of the word 'slave' left the listeners in little doubt as to Kuromaru's distaste for it "-but I would, and will, be treated with more respect, Kozue Drogothi."

For a long moment vampire and hengeyokai held one another's gaze and the world held it's breath...

"Very well." Kozue inclined his head in apology. "Forgive my familiarity, Kurosoroshiimaru. I shall be sure not to forget your words." The apology was stiffly spoken, and the promise not to forget was a double-edged one, all present were sure. But Kuromaru simply nodded.

"Forgiven." he said as he swept into the room, Skye in tow, and looked from one side to the other. "I shall take the left, I think. My thanks, Kozue Drogothi, for your gracious offer."

During practice, Delilah suppressed a frown, noting Haneiko's eye wandering down the path fronting the field. Yes, Kuromsoroshiimaru was super hot, in a smoldering 'I'm better than you' sorta way and Skye was gorgeous, even more so when she was being pleasant rather than surly. But, really! The was no distractions in cheerleading!

"C'mon, Haneiko! Let's trying it again! That Scale-to-Pop Cradle was entirely too shaky," Delilah shouted in encouragement, clapping her hands sharply. Her and the other Base got Haneiko into position, then boosted her smoothly up on their hands, one of Delilah's hands sliding up her shapely calf to steady her as Haneiko fully extended a leg to the side, held in her hand. "Better, Hanie! And now, up you go!"

Delilah and the other base, a slender, pale nymph, tossed Haneiko up in the air and caught in a perfect, seated pike position. Delilah couldn't pass up the opportunity to slide her hand further up the hengeyokai's leg, giving her ass a surreptitious squeeze. Her grin broadened at Haneiko's blushing scowl.

Practice ran for an hour and a half, with a pair of seven minute breaks, which Delilah used to explain the intricacies of the various stunts and jumps to Kyra, before Coach Thud called an end. Their skin slick with a sheen of sweat, the squad of teenaged girls, non less than pretty, and many much more so, trooped off to the locker room...

... to which Delilah squealed, "Shower Time!" every bit as exuberant as normal, despite the hard practice. Clothes seemed to disappear like magic, soap suds and bubbles appearing in an instant as Delilah and the other young women stepped into the shared shower, suggestively cloaking their naked bodies. Delilah giggled in delight, some few other girls giggling as well, though far more shy compared to the voluptuous succubus' blatant admiration.

"So, who needs their back scrubbed, and more..." Delilah purred...

Some time later, the cheerleading leading team left the locker room in ones and twos. Delilah, looking clean and refreshed, strutted out, a bright grin on her face, as she hooked an arm with one of Kyra's. Almost skipping, apparently not tired after Cheer Practice, Delilah led Kyra down the path.

"Well, that was fun! You should, like, totally think about trying out for the team, Kyra - you're tall and strong, makes a good base. But I guess it's time to head back to the dorms, need to replace the energy we burned," Delilah suggested.

Kyra could see her friend's grin grow a bit melancholy, her burning, purple eyes turning unusually contemplative. "And... I got Skye and Kurosoroshiimaru on the path to a great relationship, I think it might be time I see about my own. Me and Kyohei... we have to talk... really talk."

He smiled to Yuuki. "your stuff is in your room, you can put it all away and then we can go."

The young dryad didn't need much more inviatation than that, disappearing into her room to unload the two suitcases worth of clothing, school uniforms, personal care items, study supplies, and last but not least, a securely-double bagged pot full of damp dirt and various mixed seeds. This she unwrapped and placed on her window sill with an air of quiet ceremony, green eyes loving as she telepathically whispered encouragement to the sleeping, potential allies within, offering them care and water and nutrients in exchange for aid should she need it and earn it, the bargain offered to all green and growing things by a member of her Clan when settling into a new area.

Yuuki listened closely and got a vague, sleepy chorus of 'yes' in reply, like that a child promising to do something good it didn't really understand, and smiled serenely. That business done, she opened her her door and looked around for her roomate, ready to take her tour. Hopefully she hadn't taken too long unpacking, that would be rude.

It was then that FLicker appeared in Darrik's room. "Master." He looked stricken and affraid.

"I was sent with a message. "Your efforts to spy upon your fellows have not gone unnoticed. If I catch you doing it again, your friends won't be able to save you. This your only warning."

Then Flicker fell over unconscious. His back was laced with scars, dozens of them, as if from a lash.

-----------

Kyohei was there waiting patiently on the couch, a book in his hands. "Ready to go?"

When Yuuki nodded yes, He got up and went to the door. "I think you're going to like it here Yuuki, and don't worry, things will all work out."

With that he opened the door, Revealing Delilah and Kyra.

The awkwardness ratcheted up another notch when Yuuki came into view. This was her first look at either of these girls, and There seemed to be a slight tension between the girl with impossible curves and Kyohei. The other girl had a predatory look that few Yokai can muster, let alone master.

Delilah crossed her arms beneath her overly-generous bust, arching a brow as she glanced down at the small girl hovering behind Kyohei. Delilah really wasn't that much taller than Yuuki, but her towering heels made her loom, even if she was still didn't stand as tall as the Dragon Princess.

Delilah's hot-eyed look wasn't accusing or demanding or irritated to have found another girl in her boyfriend's room, surprisingly, but rather curious, with perhaps just a trace of a questioning smirk to her full lips, as if judging Kyohei's tastes. Even a casual glance would reveal to anyone that the succubus and the dryad were very different from each other, and those differences were more than just skin deep.

"Hello, I'm Delilah," Delilah greeted the new girl, leaning around Kyohei to give her a small wave, and tossing her a brief grin, that was nonetheless heart-stopping. "I don't mean to be rude, be Kyohei and I really need to talk... privately." Delilah straightened up, tossing her head and making her long cascade of burgundy hair ripple, and clapped Kyra on the shoulder. "You must be new - I haven't seen you before - but I'm sure Kyra here won't mind showing you around while me and Kyohei are... occupied."

Delilah set her jaw with a steely determination Kyohei had never seen before from the vivacious succubus, and gave her boyfriend a level look. They had things to work, she knew that, and she knew they had put it off for long enough. She nodded pass Kyohei, at his room.

"Shall we, Kyohei?"

Kyohei looked at Delilah and nodded. "Well first at least let me introduce you all."

He nodded to Kyra. "This is Kyra, she and Delilah are fellow members of the newspaper club."

"Kyra, Delilah, this is Hina Yuuki, starting today, she's my roommate."

He managed to say it with a straight face even under Delilah's gaze. "Miss Nekomone asked me to show Yuuki around the campus Delilah. It would really help if you and Kyra came, especially since you know more about this place than I do."

He hoped it would work. "You and I can discuss things later tonight, over a nice private dinner perhaps?"

Yuuki may have looked the innocent and she would be lying if she said Deliah's overipe charms and forthwriteness didn't intimidate her on several levels she wasn't quite comfortable thinking about, but she refused to back down, not yet anyway. "Deliah-San," she added to the scubuses' back, "I would much prefer it if my new roomate Kyohei-San were to give me my tour, with or without your kind assistance. He and I also have things to learn about one another if we are to avoid unnessary friction and promote harmony."

She offered her best diplomatic smile, honestly non-threatening and simple in her motives.

It was then that FLicker appeared in Darrik's room. "Master." He looked stricken and affraid.

"I was sent with a message. "Your efforts to spy upon your fellows have not gone unnoticed. If I catch you doing it again, your friends won't be able to save you. This your only warning."

Then Flicker fell over unconscious. His back was laced with scars, dozens of them, as if from a lash.

Darrik opened his mouth to demand details- then his breath caught still as Flicker toppled over. Immediately he rushed to Flicker and scooped him tenderly. For all the frustration and antics of Flicker, they had been together for some time, and were... close, in an odd way.

Immediately, he went into his room and gently left Flicker there on the blanket. There was no sign of anything more than the obvious- the imp had been tortured. Worry and concern mixed with anger and rage.

"I'm not going to provoke you," Darrik warned quietly, as if the perpetrator could hear him, "but rest assured, THIS was the worst mistake you could make."

What had Flicker seen that made him a target? He doubted anyone who could see the imp were ones who objected on principle- Flicker had gotten too close to something. But darn few could-should know the imp was there in the first place.

Like the first night of school... Immediately, Darrik realized that one other person could be at threat too. "Got to find Aria." He whispered. "Aria, then Ms. Nekomone."

"Trying out to do the same things, allowing others to touch, without belonging to me? That doesn't sound like something I would care for, Delilah.. you are friend, I don't mind you touching me.. but a helping paw can suddenly become shredding claws... especially if one does not know who one is dealing with." Even as she responded to the girl, she walked with her to Koyhei's room.

"You pushed Skye into Kuro to start their relationship, because you see Skye as a friend who needed another friend? I will think on that. What do you need from me in your talk with Kyohei?" She still didn't fully understand relationships, but Delilah was likely to be a excellent teacher.. at least in certain kinds of relationships.

When they got to Kyohei's room and the new girl was introduced, Kyra's response was a soft growling.. someone new who didn't belong to her.. "Why are you his roomate?" Then she paused.. wondering to herself.. Why was I given a room by myself.. Anyone who knew dragon's would have been able to answer that one.. but Kyra answered it to herself rather quickly. Because dragon instinct would have made it into a terrible fight.. ending in death or enslavement for one of the two of us...

Originally Posted By: Kyradathea
What do you need from me in your talk with Kyohei?"

On their way to the dorms, Delilah had chuckled softly at Kyra's question, patting her arm. "Oh, I think I can handle Kyohei myself, I just want the company on the way there."

And now, the teenaged succubus was glad for the company for another reason.

"Room-mate." The voluptuous demoness mused, more put out that she wasn't Kyohei's roommate than that he had a female one. But her violet eyes flared brightly as gears began turning, and Delilah gave Yuuki a teasingly friendly smile. "Interesting. This presents some... delicious possibilities, but we can talk about those another time..."

Delilah marched over to Kyohei's side, her heels clacking loudly and assets bouncing emphatically, and hooked an arm around Kyohei, pointing dramatically down the hall with another delicious jiggle. "... For now, let us start the tour!"

Leading the group into the hall, Delilah leaned in close to Kyohei, her lips almost brushing his ear. "And yes, we'll have a lot to... discuss during... dinner," she murmured suggestively, her deft tongue giving him a naughty lick a moment before she giggled.

Kyohei sighed inwardly at least she didn't force the issue. Though now he was gonna have to cook, or have to find a way to get home to take her to a restaraunt.

One thing at a time, the tour came first. Maybe he'd find someplace useful on the tour..

He smiled to her. "I'm sure we do. I think I'll suprise you though, you're just gonna have to trust me."

he looked to Yuuki and smiled. "Come on, out of all of us present Delilah's actually attended more than one term. She'll be a big help."

To Kyra he nodded. "She's new Kyra, like most of us. She is my roommate because that's how the man in charge said things were to be. We both accept it."

He smiled. "It will be fine. I'm not worried."

To Kyra he nodded. "She's new Kyra, like most of us. She is my roommate because that's how the man in charge said things were to be. We both accept it."

He smiled. "It will be fine. I'm not worried."

"Of course it will be fine," the young dryad readily added, "There is no end to the trouble people of good will and enlightened generousity can avoid if they but speak and listen to one another."

She smiled up at the group around her as they made their way out of the boy's dorm, tone mild and relieved at having solved this problem so far without violence as she had been warned some outsiders might insist on doing. There was... something she wasn't quite sure she wanted to get involved in if it was what she thought it looked like... going on between her roomate and Deliah-Senpai, and Kyra honestly frightened her a little.

"So where do we begin, Deliah-Senpai?" Yuuki asked

Delilah's grin turned wryly impish. "I dunno, Kyohei... When I've trusted you before, we both ended up surprised. Let's see what happens, hmm?"

With that, Delilah led the group down the hall, towering heels click-clacking smartly on the linoleum tiles, and flashed Yuuki a smile. "Well, since it's closest, we'll start with the Girls' Dormitory, Yuuki-kōhai."

After showing Yuuki around there, including her own room, Delilah steered them to one of the main social meccas at Monster Academy, the Cafeteria. Delilah kindly pointed out where the various cliques sat and where the good areas to make out were. "Onward!"

The succubus glossed over the class rooms with a negligent wave of her hand, dismissing out of hand then pointed at a pair of massive, elaborately carved doors. "Now, this, the Library, you would think is completely boring, but you're wrong! It has, like, a million nooks and crannies where you can make out with your boyfriend or girlfriend without being seen. Here, I'll show you... well, not all of them, I still have to keep some of the succubi secrets, after all."

Delilah stepped forward and pushed at the door with a slender hand, yet despite their massive appearance, the doors to the library swung soundlessly open with ease. The sound of Delilah's heels instantly muting on the thick pile of the carpeted floor.

Darrik immediately stepped to the door and opened it thankfully. On his face, as Aria could see, was parts of anger, worry, and relief. "I'm glad you came." He opened it but quickly ushered the spider-girl inside with haste and then closed the door. Hands clasped behind his back, he turned to glance at Aria with concern.

"Have you seen anything out of the normal at campus, or do you think anyone has gotten wind of what you're doing?"

Aria studied Darrik's face for a moment before answering.

"I've seen a great deal out of the normal," she said carefully, "But I suspect not of the sort you're asking about. Nothing to merit fear. I've not, to my knowledge, been observed...but I make no secret that I keep myself well-informed."

"Why don't you tell me what happened, rather than trying to probe around the edges?"

"I was about to, actually."

Darrik led Aria to the doorway of his room, and opened the door, leading to his room, and he gestured with a finger towards Flicker, still laying out cold on the bed, back up. The nasty lashes of torture were very much visible and clear.

"Flicker reappeared a few minutes ago when I was studying. He was quivering, afraid... and told me he had a message. According to his words, the message was 'Your efforts to spy upon your fellows have not gone unnoticed. If I catch you doing it again, your friends won't be able to save you. This your only warning.'" Darrik explained, spitting out the quotes like it were curses.

"Then he collapsed, and I saw the torture he'd received. Part of the problem, is that I've only known him to be spotted once. That was when I sent him out to investigate that room the night that entity killed Saizo... Considering the message, I thought you too should be warned."

Darrik sighed and shook his head. "Generally, I've let him roam free over the campus, as long as he causes no trouble and tells me anything of pertinent worth. He's intelligent enough to know what really matters, and I have been doing this a lot for the past few weeks. I can only assume he stumbled onto something where whoever dared do this couldn't afford eavesdroppers."

"So you have no idea where he was when this happened," Aria says disapprovingly.

"It's interesting that whatever did this didn't bother to kill him this time. It must have realized you can recreate him. But it didn't seem to know that before. Not perfectly informed then. Hm."

She shakes her head slowly, then says, "Are you not going to take him to the infirmary?"

Kyra walked with Delilah and Kyohei, but her attention was on Yuuki, for the other girl it would be like being in a jungle and knowing a predator was stalking you.. which in this case, wasn't entirely incorrect. Kyra was trying to decide where she would place the other girl, in her own mind.. was she hers, or not.. she was Kyohei's roommate, and that seemed to matter to him, and Kyohei counted as a friend.. but did that mean that she should take the other girl as one of her friends? The Dragoness wasn't entirely sure what the best thing to do in this situation was.

So, when they entered the library, she reached out to put a hand on Yuuki's shoulder, and gestured to Delilah.. "Why don't you show Kyohei some of those spots, the Dyrad and I will explore the library and have a bit of a talk while you do." Her sharp sense of smell had already identified Yuuki's race to her, and her hearing would allow her to know where Delilah and Kyrhei were while she had a talk with the Dryad. "I think about 15 minutes or so, would be right."

Darrik shook his head. "If this is the same being, which would make sense but we don't know yet. Whoever it was does know, and probably I fear, intended to send a message while hoping the pain makes it hard to remember. And I have something better than the infirmary." With a whisper of the arcane, shadows drew around Darrik's palms, which he touched to Flicker.

They drew in, as the spell was one crafted for healing of such familiars, and would remove the injuries from the imp. At the same time, Darrik tried to manipulate the bond with Flicker, sending his mind into Flicker's searching for what if anything the imp had seen.

Click to reveal..

Power Flux roll:

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+7: 13

Passed.

Setup: Healing 5 (Shadow Demons only), Telepathy: Minor Class - Shadow Demons 9

Aria closed her eyes and sighed.

"No. I meant, someone in the infirmary might be able to examine the wounds," she explained patiently. "Tell us more about what made them. A normal whip or lash would be too big to use on such a small creature."

"At any rate, it would be very difficult to kill me while I'm out gathering information. Not completely impossible, perhaps, but certainly impractical. I should be fine."

Darrik's mouth seemed to move, but his eyes were elsewhere, and then... He came back into focus, staring at Aria dimly. The healing touch had taken effect, and he kept his hands back for the moment.

"Aria, you're not taking this seriously, are you? It may be impractical, very difficult, but if this culprit wants to keep their secrets, I'm sure they can and will take the effort to kill you. And it's not like power may be an issue here. Flicker's memories of what happened are bare. Wiped out completely, leaving only the message, nothing more."

The shadowy healing aura disappeared. "I think I'm going to take my next step and speak to Ms. Nekomone."

Archived