Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 3: Planning

Justin OOC

Darrik continued working on his balance improvements as he responded to Kyohei. "That's true, I've been too long relying on one trick. As for your question, far from it. It's most of everyone else that's the problem. Or at least what it feels like. I realized that I need to stop displaying this chip on my shoulder for all to see, but the prejudice, I've put up with it for a few years and lately... I feel like I've been cracking."

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He flipped higher again, and landed on the wall, holding onto the grips. "You have been more combative. It's only a matter of time until you find someone who can take you down though Darrik. And then what? How would you respond to losing?"

Darrik sighed, as he looked inside himself, and found himself dredging up some honest truths. "To be honest, it would probably be the most painful emotional experience for me. When the warlock and witches- my people- left the Human World, we arrived in the Valley of Magic. And promptly had to fight a war with most other monsters just so we could live unmolested in that region. We were outnumbered majorly, but we fought them to a standstill. It's my pride. Almost everyone treats us like scum for what we are. Humans with magic, lesser beings. I just felt bulwark-ed by winning. It's wrong, I've come to that conclusion. Still..."

"It's nice to be vindicated."

Kyohei leapt from the wall onto one of the beams, and stood on a single foot. "But does it really help your case?"

He shrugged. "It makes you come off either as a bully or an asshole if you pick fights, or hell everytime someone baits you into one to tear them an new asshole for it."

He fell backwards, onto one of the swing bars and flipped around it, until he was upside down above it on his hands.

"It sucks that your people had to fight like that, but that was the past. So everyone looks down on you, that just means they'll never expect you to succeed, and they'll underestimate you."

"But you don't let them do that, you put yourself on the radar all the time. That's not the best move."

Rica bowed to the younger hengaiyokai, "As you wish, Kurosoroshiimaru."

She hesitated at the signature line, not quite sure what to put down, but eventually settled for the sigil also visible on her bare back. She collected the other papers carefully and bowed respectfully to Ms. Nekomone before turning to leave, but hesitated again, glancing over her shoulder at Kuro.

"My apologies for imposing on your time, Kurosoroshiimaru, but may I ask if you know the way to the boys dorm? We have been working with the admissions staff since we arrived; the Newspaper Club was our last destination before seeking out the dorms." She touched the collar at her neck again, her eyes halfway between the room and somewhere else; the gesture looked entirely unconscious this time. "Or if you could simply direct me to a map, either kindness would be much appreciated."

"I myself do not yet know where I am housed." Kuromaru said with his usual unruffled dignity as he stepped forward to sign his own paper of admission to the Newspaper Club. His brows knitted in a slight frown at the scant space provided, then sighed and contented himself with a shortened version of his name in flawless kanji: Korosoroshiimaru-Nekokame-no-Oji.

"There." he said to his sister, sliding the paper back towards her and setting the pen down. "Do you happen to know where I am to sleep, Nekomone-sensei?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well... Yes, I think I do have something about that here." Ms Nekomone rummaged through her papers, then started flipping through folders before a sheet of paper fell out of a stack of essays. "Oh! Here it is. I was marking some human pop-culture essays for the freshmen... Hmm." The elder hengeyokai frowned a little, looking at the paper a second time before glancing up at her daiyokai brother. "Oh dear. You're rooming with Kozue Drogothi in room 26. I distinctly remember requesting a single room for you." Ms Nekomone looked worried - very worried, in fact. The teacher stood up and started to pace. Kurosoroshiimaru just watched her expressionlessly.

"Kuromaru, please try to get along with Kozue. I know you're territorial and... need your personal space, and that it will be difficult, but you cannot simply kill a roommate for minor infractions." She saw the flat look in his eyes and sighed. "Oh gods. Listen, little brother, you just have to persevere. I'll try to get you moved as soon as possible, but until then endure this. Ignore him if you wish, just don't kill him."

"These shared rooms..." Kuromaru's distaste coldly dripped from every syllable of the words 'shared rooms'. "They are divided in two, yes? Each has their own space?" When Ms Nekomone nodded, Kuromaru shrugged. "Then I shall regard my half as my territory, and restrain my instincts somewhat. I swear to you, sister. Kozue of House Drogothi will not die by my hand over human-style rooming arrangements."

"Thank you." Ms Nekomone, who knew her brother, noted the precise way he'd given his word but chose not to follow it up too closely. After all, she really didn't like vampires. "Here's a map of the school for you both." Kuromaru accepted it and turned to Rica.

"I shall wait for Skye to return. If you wish, you can wait also, and we shall all proceed together?" he offered, the cool gracious tone of his voice stating that the choice was entirely up to Rica - he had no preference in that regard.

Rica took the map with a quietly murmured thanks and tucked it in with the rest of the papers.

"Yes, I would prefer that as well," she answered Kuro's question. The waited for several more moments for Skye to return before Rica spoke up in the silence. "May I ask something of you, Kurosoroshiimaru?"

At the cat-lord's nod, she continued, "I would ask that you not seek conflict with my master. He is also displeased with being required to share a room, but it is the custom of his kind when they attend this Academy. I would prefer not to find myself in conflict with you in the name of my master." The words were carefully chosen and implied a great deal more than they outright said.

"Indeed." Kurosoroshii said in a coolly implacable tone, his green eyes hard as emeralds as he radiated regal arrogance. "You would prefer it." His meaning was hard to mistake, but then he nodded once, slowly. "I have already sworn regarding this matter to my sister. I understand the significance of the collar you wear, and understand that you meant no offence. If I seek quarrel with the vampire, it will not be over some petty matter. Let that be an end to the discussion."

With that he was silent, turning and stepping with straight-backed grace over to the window and looking outside as he waited, his inner agitation not reflected even slightly in his posture of relaxed dignity.

It was a short walk back to the room but Skye was dragging her feet. She was still deeply confused about Kuromaru, and even more annoyed by the Hengeyokai in the bathroom. Who the holle did they think they were? Did they really think it was okay to talk about her like that? And what Schwanzlutscher thought she was a succubi?!

Despite being annoyed by all of that, Skye couldn’t work up much emotion. She’d been wrung through a wringer lately, and today’s wild back and forth had only worn her out. She felt like that much of the time: wrung out and empty, like a vessel that had cracked and spilled out all its contents. Sometimes she thought that she was, and that it was her heart that had split and leaked away.

Drawing a deep breath, Skye stepped into the doorway and leaned on the frame. Kurosoroshiimaru was already turning as she stopped, and she wondered if he’d heard her or something. He was as composed as she’d come to expect from him, but those beautiful green eyes betrayed a hint of concern.

As nice as seeing his worry was for Skye, she was too busy feeling her heart start to race. A smile spread over her face when she saw him, a small one but genuine. That feeling of emptiness eased a tiny bit, but that was such a change for her that she immediately noticed. The easing of her loneliness was like a balm to her battered soul, and Skye feared she might start crying again. She managed not to, biting her lip and widening her smile at Kuromaru.

Nekomone cleared her throat discreetly and Skye jumped. Kuromaru didn’t, but Skye caught the flash of surprise on his face and knew he’d been just as caught up staring at her as she had at him. “Sensei,” she said, bowing to Nekomone, the first time she’d ever addressed her with that honorific. “Can I help you?”

“Just clearing my throat,” Kuromaru’s sister said, grinning mischievously. “I believe that Kuromaru and Rica are waiting for you. They’re going to walk over to the boy’s dorm. Do you know where that is?”

“Sure,” Skye said, nodding. Realizing that might sound bad, she quickly added, “I have taken a lot of walks – I go all over campus. Not just to the boy’s dorm.” Shut. Up.

"Welp! I did my good deed of the day, girls," Delilah commented, flicking the cherry blossom away to flutter up on a sudden gust of wind. "Time to get a little naughty. C'mon, this way, I got something I've gotta attend to."

The succubus sauntered down the path, her high heels kicking up small sprays of gravel as she lead her friends over a ridge to a lightly wooded area. Soon, they could hear girlish shouts of exertion and excitement floating on the air. The sparse woods opened onto a track field with a small gymnasium and locker-room on the side.

On the field, there was a gaggle of young women - all invariably pleasing to the eye - dressed in the black and blood-red uniforms of Monster Academy's cheerleaders, running around, dancing to the high tempo music, stretching and tumbling, voices raised in giggles and gossip. They were overlooked by a huge woman, over seven feet tall and broad with it, but possessing a rugged, but definite, attractiveness, with startlingly green eyes and a rather long, pointed nose.

"That's Coach Thudoski, who coaches the Cheerleader Team. She's, like, a total troll," Delilah whispered to Kyra and Aria as she strutted towards her coach. Seeing the wry glance on Aria's face, Delilah added, "No, really, she really is a troll. A super long time ago, ten years, at least, she interrupted a coven of bitchy witchies trying to steal the beauty from the Junior Cheerleading Team. But the ritual backfired and instead, Coach Thud ended up with the attractiveness of the witches, such as they had, and that's why instead of being hideous and gross like a troll, she's pretty, sorta, in a brutish and muscly way."

Delilah stopped in front of her coach, standing a straight as she could - which had the side effect of making her overly prominent bosom look in real danger of bursting free of the confines of she school shirt - and practically saluted as she looked way up to meet her eyes. "Hi, Coach Thud! I'm here!"

"So you are, Delilah," Coach Thud grunted. Her voice did sound... trollish. "You're almost late. Go get changed now, and tell Jezebelle to hurry up."

"I'm never later for Cheerleading practice, never," Delilah huffed in self-righteous indignation. But she began heading for the locker-room nonetheless, only pausing for a moment to nod at Kyra and Aria. "Oh, can my friends stay and watch? I might be able to get to try for try-outs."

Coach gave the two other girls a suspicious glare. "Are they boys?"

"Er, uh... what? No! Of course not! They're as female as I am!" Delilah protested, sticking out her chest, but after glancing down at her impressive curves, she amended, "Well not as female as me, but they're all girl, I know. I've seen them. This isn't like that time with the Kendo Klub trying to sneak in in drag, I swear."

"Fine," Coach Thud grudgingly conceded.

Delilah flashed them a bright smile, then hustled for the locker-room, delectable anatomy swaying and jiggling delightfully, already beginning to strip off her clothes before even passing through the door.

Aria watched Delilah go and gave Kyra a nod.

"Excuse me. I've got things to do around school. Please give Delilah my apologies for missing her rehearsals."

The jorogumo stood up and started down the bleachers. When she was far enough down she ducked behind the rows of aluminum seats...and didn't emerge again.

"Food for thought." Darrik mused wistfully, and let himself jump to the ground. "Like I have repeatedly said, I figured this out. Certainly this gives more reason to uphold my new attitude, as brief as the change has been."

Darrik stared at the floor, wishing he didn't have to endure years more of ostracism. "But when was life ever fair?" He chuckled. "I should just let all of those bastards realize that, without helping them along the way."

Marius was coming though... or had Darrik made an arrogant assumption that the old man could simply ease through this? "Should I have asked him to the Festival?" This was a quiet whisper, but he hoped Kyohei didn't hear once Darrik made it.

Kyohei dropped down to the floor right in front of Darrik, and brought himself to his full height, looking down slightly to the young Warlock. "Pull the other one Darrik."

He looked at him sternly. "If you'd rather not say, then don't but don't try to lie to me."

The last days were unbearable for Lillith. Ever since the encounter with Kyohei she couldn’t stop thinking about him. Too many things had been revealed, things she hoped to forget or at least not hear from for at least another century or two.

Worst of all Delilah had taken this very badly and she felt responsible for that now even more than ever. She never wanted her daughter to feel bad about this and she wanted to tell her one day, when the time was right but she guessed it would’ve never been right. Maybe she should’ve told her earlier but back then she lacked the courage.

While Darrik and Kyohei were still in conversation something in the nearby shadows flickered briefly. The shadow then became sentient turning into a black cloud that slowly assumed a humanoid shape… a shape that was unmistakably prominent. The black cloud became solid and turned into flesh revealing Lillith’s breathtaking and scantily clad body. Her incredibly voluptuous body was only covered by a corset which was probably a few sizes too small around the bust… or maybe there wasn’t anything manufactured that could fit her overabundance. No matter what the truth was, the effect was… impressive and highly distracting aside from her waspish waist and incredibly long legs which she had somehow managed to fit into skintight low riding leather pants.

The Mother of all Succubi, one of the eldest among the Monster Lords stepped out of the shadow ignoring Darrik and setting her eyes on Kyohei. He could tell by the way she looked at him that she meant business, serious business.

“We need to talk.”, she flatly said crossing her arms under her immense bust.

Kyohei looked at her openly, no male could really not do so, but at least his mouth didn't drop open. He looked to Darrik an nodded. "I'll catch up with you later then Darrik." He looked to Lilith again, and nodded. "You have a preference on where this talk takes place Miss Syn, or shall we just try to find some place nobody else is going to overhear us?"

That was a very big woman, or troll, she didn't look at all like a troll, but she did have the same smell as a troll, so Kyra figured Delilah knew what she was talking about. However, when Aria turned to leave, making her excuses, Kyra started to turn and discuss it with her, but the other girl was already leaving..

She decided to sit down and wait for her friend to come out again, if Delilah wanted her to wait for a bit, she'd wait. She wasn't entirely sure what this cheerleading business was about, she'd heard they had something to do with the school spirit, which she hadn't met yet either, and wondered why the school spirit needed cheers lead.

"Of course." Perhaps the worst thing (or the funniest) was the lack of irony or sarcasm in Kurosoroshiimaru's voice. He wasn't teasing, or making fun of Skye. His words were a simple acceptance of what she said as fact, and his voice was calm as he moved forwards, taking Skye's hand and looking down into her eyes. "Come, let us find my room and Kuzgunlar Tanriçasi's master, then we shall go to dinner."

"I imagine the food here is 'authentically' human?" he asked Skye as they walked down the corridor, Rica falling in on the other side of the half-angel. "My sister says much of 'Big Micks' and how popular they are. They sound..." he paused, searching for the least insulting adjective. "Interesting." he said at length, his expression composedly blank.

Skye winced as his question about that food. “It’s authentically human, as a demon cook pictures human food,” she said. “And lots of pe- humans don’t consider Big Macks food anyway.” As Kuromaru glanced at her quizzically, Skye sighed. “Well… fast food is made with a lot of chemicals, so many people think it tastes funny or they think it’s unhealthy to eat.”

“Then why would they eat it?” Rica asked this question, looking just as intrigued as Kuromaru.

“Some people think it’s fine, or like the taste or just find it to be convenient.” Skye wasn’t sure she was explaining things well, but decided to answer their questions as best she could. “It’s a matter of personal taste.”

As they walked by the playing field, Skye glanced at the cheerleaders practicing. Another thing the demons were aping… but it’d be just as bad at the Celestial Academy and Kuromaru wouldn’t have been there. But watching them did remind her of one thing she missed from school in the human realm: cheerleading. Skye had been in cheerleading camp as a young girl in San Diego, and when they’d moved to Tokyo, she’d joined the squad in her school. She’d enjoyed it quite a bit.

Why can’t I have that, too? Kuromaru had done more than date her; he’d opened her to the possibility that she’d didn’t have to hate her time here. There could be something good here; she could even enjoy things. As if challenging her good mood, Delilah came bouncing out of the gym with another succubus sulking along with her. Still smiling, Skye gave her and the watching Kyra a small wave.

Smiling, she turned back to her companions as Kuromaru asked what the girls were doing. That led into a rather detailed discussion of school sports, cheer squad and school spirit. By the time they reach the dorm, Skye was attempting to use Santa Claus as an analogue for a human concept that was understood to not be real but was still cherished by humans. A lot of the things she took for granted were not so simple when you tried to explain them. She wasn’t sure she was doing it very well when they found the boy’s dorm. At the door, she dropped her explanation and looked up at Kuromaru. “Which room are you in?”

"Room 26." Kuromaru replied as he opened the door, pondering over what Skye had been trying to explain. He felt a little lost, though he'd never admit to it. Humans were as contradictory a collection of beings as he could imagine - the daiyokai reasoned that the demons of the abyss were probably more chaotic and lawless, but one didn't try to understand them too closely. Perhaps the root of his confusion was that he was trying to understand humans? It mattered that he understand them, and not because it would determine his success at Monster Academy. He wanted to understand them because Skye was half-human: that (and only that if he was honest) was why he cared. Suddenly illumination struck him.

"I understand Santa Claws now." he said suddenly as they walked along the dorm hallways. It was before lights-out, so girls were allowed to visit the male dormitories. Both Skye and Rica looked up at him. "Adult humans know he is not real, but they pretend he is for their children, who come to realise he is not real as they grow up, but still enjoy the pretense. I understand: it is like a game." he said. "A game for the young, but the adults teach them that game as they were taught in their youth, which is a parent's responsibility and joy." He nodded, making sense of the whole mess, then frowned again as a doubt assailed his structure of logic. "But I do not know what the game itself teaches in practical terms."

Skye was saved from immediately having to answer that by the small group's arrival at the correctly-numbered door. Rica moved to knock politely, but Kuromaru intervened, admittedly driven mainly by his distaste of slavery and how much his largesse might annoy the vampire. "It is my room also. Pray enter and be welcome."

Delilah sauntered into the locker-room, shirt hanging from a hand and her bodacious breasts bobbling against the confines of her racy bra, smiling brightly at the bevy of beauties in various states of undress. Most of her fellow cheerleaders, a gaggle of succubi, nymphs, rusalka, several hengeyokai of various sorts, and a few others, scowled at her blatant attention, though a rare few blushed a deep red, which made Delilah grin even more.

Jezebelle gave her a haughty sniff and a viperish smile. "I don't why you're smiling, Delilah. You couldn't keep Darrik's attention, and now I hear you're having trouble with Kyohei and he's hardly more than a human, from what anyone else can see." Her tone was snide and her laughter vicious. "And you call yourself Lilith's Daughter. Maybe you should give up on boys altogether, and just go full lez."

Delilah yanked open her locker with more force than strictly necessary, bending the metal slightly and angrily stripped down to her thong. Stifling a sniffle, she pulled on her brief, pleated red-and-black skirt and spun around in all her nearly nude glory, placing a hand on her round hip as she glared up at the taller, older succubus.

"We're... working things out. I don't expect you to understand, Jez," Delilah snarked condescendingly. "After all, instead of finding your own toys, you just steal others. And when you get bored, you go out and steal another one." Her purple eyes hardened and she pointed a finger sharply at Jezebelle, making her bared breasts bounce in an eye-catching display. "And you better not try to steal Kurosoroshiimaru from Skye. I just got them together."

Delilah missed the sharp hiss from the hengeyokai at hearing that name, but not the oddly neutral expression that crossed Jezebelle's face. After a second, she sneered, waving a hand in arrogant dismissal. "Oh, you're quite right, Delilah. I just feel so bad for all those boys who aren't having their needs met."

As soon as she said it, Jezebelle knew it was a mistake, seeing the sympathy in Delilah's eyes - the other succubus could naturally sense the concern and feelings she had for the Warlock. Feelings she was completely surprised to learn were still growing, despite initially just stealing his attention to simply annoy Delilah. Jezebelle snarled, and gave Delilah a push. "I think I'm going to go find Kyohei right now. He needs a real woman instead of a little girl."

"Oh, Jez, I sorry, I didn't know..." Delilah sighed, her hands going around Jezebelle's trim waist, giving her a hug from behind. Sure, they fought and vied all the time, but she would never tease another succubus about someone who might be their 'Mate of Fate.' At least, not in a mean way. Her embrace tightened, her awesome assets flattening against Jezebelle's back.

Jezebelle struggled, twisting around and pushing against the shorter, if deceptively strong, succubus. "Let me go, you little-"

Delilah huffed, inhaling, oversized breasts swelling as they squashed against Jezebelle's curves, overwhelming them despite her D-cups only being small in comparison to the exaggerated anatomy of her rival. Delilah might empathize with Jezebelle's situation, but she was not a little girl!

"Little? I haven't worn bras as tiny as yours since I was twelve!" Delilah taunted, pressing even closer, showing her who was the 'little' one.

Jzebelle sniffed contemptuously, giving up trying to break Delilah's embrace. Instead, she ran a finger down her sculpted jaw. "You are merely exaggerated, Delilah. But it's not your fault - Lilith is your mother. It just makes you a crude form of succubus. Whereas I have evolved, growing balanced and refined, to appeal to more than just over-hormonal boys."

"Why you! I'll show you balanced and refined!" Delilah shouted.

Then before Jezebelle could pull away, Delilah stretched up on her toes and gave her a deep, tongue entwining kiss. Deft fingers caressed her breasts through her thin, cheerleader sweater. Jezebelle stiffened instinctively, then responded before losing any more ground, a hand sliding along Delilah's inner thigh and up under skirt. Delilah moaned, tumbling them both to the ground.

The Succubus Brawl was on! Though it you asked anyone else, it looked more like they were making out, and the clinical commentary from the other succubi didn't help dispel the ambiguity, where kissed were weapons and caresses were submission holds.

Fifteen minutes later, when Coach Thud was about to storm the locker-room to see what the Hell was keeping the rest of her team, they came out in a delectable and nubile tumble. Delilah was in the lead, exuberant and flushed, a sullen if no less flushed Jezebelle in tow. Coach Thud debated demanding what they hold up was, but seeing the avid gleam in the succubi's eyes and knowing they would delight in telling her exactly what did happen, in graphic detail, she let it go.

Seeing Skye walking pass the field, smiling and waving at her, and still with Kuro, Delilah's heart swelled with pride and a sense of accomplishment. I am just made of win, today! Delilah winked back, giving Skye a spirited wave, then led her squad onto the field, leading them through their routines to the strains of 'Don't Cha!'

Despite the overt sexuality of their routines which would have given human school administrators fits, Delilah shouted encouragement to her squadmates, and their cheers still possessed a spirited energy that was contagious.

And between breaks and music changes, Delilah gave Kyra her own discussion on school sports, cheer squad, and school spirit. Though instead of using Santa Claus, she used sex, sex appeal, arousal, and fantasy. Admittedly, her explanation may have been slightly influenced from her very recent encounter with Jezebelle in the locker-room.

Meanwhile, at the campus bus stop, the bus pulled away on it's rounds, leaving someone behind in it's wake to wave away the exhaust with a small coughing bout to clear her lungs. Hina Yuuki, all 5'1 of her, was dressed in her Cherry Blossom Festivel best, a long red-and-black dress elegantly contrasting with her green hair and illuminescent eyes and perfectly accesorised with a few red ribbons to match her girlish 16-year old cuteness. The young dryad securely held a folder to her chest, two pieces of personal luggage at her feet.

She was enthralled by what she was seeing, a big smile on her face as she exalted at the fact that she had been chosen out of all her sisters to do this task, to be trusted enough to hold to Clan Traditions outside the valley at so young an age, to be *first* at something. There weren't a lot of firsts left to do and there was hard competion to the best at anything in the Clan, but she had been given a chance by the matriarchs to attempt both. She would not fail.

First step: wait for her promised guide and learn all she could about this Academy from him or her. Yuuki's smile only grew wider and she all but bounced on her feet, the scent of sakura blossoms playing off her.

After a short wait, Someone did show up. Suprisingly it wasn't a student, but a member of the faculty. "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Hina Yuuki. I am one of the teachers, here, Shizuka Nekomone."

"Due to the circumstances of your attendance, I've been asked to show you around today." She was a happy looking woman, who didn't look like most teachers, more like an older student.

She smiled. "if you place your bags within the red square there, they'll be transported to your assigned room."

"Unless you prefer to carry them while I show you around..."

"I would be perfectly content to trust my luggage to your mystic square, Shizuka-Sensei," responded the young dryad with a deep, respectful bow, rampant grin clipping itself to a far more polite suggestion of a smile with the ease of long training, "All save my letters of introduction, should they be required."

She indicated the folder held to her chest and used her free hand to shift her luggage to the square watching curiously for the disapperance and considering the dozen possible ways this could work. When nothing happened, she looked back to the teacher in confusion, only receive a look again gesture in reply.

She did so and was delighted to see the luggage gone. So many things to learn if something like this was used for new students. Yuuki nodded her head, clearly ready to begin her tour. What a good day so far.

Nekomone smiled. "Most don't know that little trick. They're all in too much of a hurry."

With that she lead Yuuki through the school, past the library and gym, and into the main building. Her office was on the third floor, and was fairly well-appointed. "Your papers please."

It had been different with others, but for some reason special interest was taken in Yuuki's attendence, since it had never happened before.

The young dryad surrendered her folder without hesitation, folding her hands on her lap and willing to wait until called upon to answer. More than a few hours of her life had been spent silently waiting for her superiors to finish some piece of business or other before addressing her, and by now, it was second nature to Yuuki.

She had been told that the folder and it's envelopes contained everything she would need to attend the Academy without incident, a letter from the Grand Matriarch, reports from her tutors and sifus, all stamped and sealed and blessed with the official Hina Clan crest. She prayed she had been told right.

Nekomone reviewed everything, and placed it all back in the envelope afterwards. "Very good. Now, let's get your schedule."

The one that printed out was identical to Kyohei's meaning she had classes with almost all the newspaper club. She chuckled.

"I should mention that you are required to participate in at least one extracirricular club, and from looking at your schedule, I'd reccomend the newspaper club. Almost all the students are in your classes. Beyond that, I am the Faculty sponsor. It might be fun for you, and would certainly be a good learning experience."

Darrik raised an eyebrow as Lilith entered and called away Kyohei. That was interesting- but not his business to intrude. With a turn, he walked away, out of the gym. Perhaps his mood could be lightened by finding Flicker in his room and hearing the imp's regaling him with the stories of the campus beat. Rare, but Darrik would rather have the imp's company at the moment.

Yuuki took back the folder and it's cargo, eyes skimming over the schedule in fascination at the exotic topics offered that were only touched upon most superficially back at the valley. And here they would be main courses of study... Her ears perked at the 'Newspaper Club', confusion filling her features.

"News paper club, Sensi? Is that a club for heralds and archivists?" the young dryad asked in very geniune ignorance.

"Somewhat. The club is mostly to report on things of interest to the faculty and student body. It's made by the students, and supervised by me. We take all sorts of trips, both across our world and to the human world. At the moment we're gearing up to help the Theater club with their play for the School Festival."

She smiled. "I'm pretty proud of the membership, they're all good kids at heart."

"I see. I will give it the uptmost consideration once I have settled into my duties here," Yuuki promised with, again, that polite promise of a smile hiding the grin that was clamoring to get out. New experiences were what she was here for, although she sincerely hoped there was a 'botany club' as well. That or some way to assist the gardeners in her free time if she had the privelage of any.

She concentrated a moment and her hair darkened to black, her eyes lost their preternatural glow, and the scent of cherry blossoms began to disapate from the office, "Am I correct in remembering that I am supposed to maintain my Mask at all times while on campus unless instructed otherwise? I would have done so earlier, but I did not want to attract trouble on my trip here by appearing as a human too early."

"Yes, though if you have to defend yourself do so as best you can, but if removing the mask is the only way to avoid serious injury then do so. I don't like my students getting hurt."

"There ar clubs for most hobbies here, that's just the one I sponsor. I'm sure you can find at least one you like." She chuckles. "Everyone appears human most of the time, it's not that much of a concern. It's when they don't that problems arise."

She nodded. "Let's look up your room assignment shall we? That way you can get settled in."

She called it up on her computer, and looked at it. "This can't be right."

She typed in a series of keystrokes, and it came up again. "Well this is something we're going to have to go higher up on."

She looked at Yuuki. "If you would follow me. I'll get to the bottom of this."

"Yes, Sensei," the young Dryad answered, rising to her feet and ready to follow. She tried to 'nudge' outward with her power at a potted plant on the teacher's desk, but like every other time she had used the Mask, she couldn't change anything about it, merely get a feel for its health and well-being. She'd just have to hope others would leave her be to do her duty by the Hina Clan if she left them to do their duties by their elders.

The plant told her of how Shizuka actual talked to it, and took good care of it, though she did prune it abit much at times.

The trek to the Headmaster's office took time, as the main building was enormous. When they finally arrived, They were shown in by his Secretary, Ruby.

"What can I do for you, Miss Nekomone?"

He looked at Yuuki. "I see Miss Hina has arrived safely."

She looked at him. "You have Yuuki assigned to the boy's dorm, With Kyohei headmaster. That is simply unacceptable!"

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
Kyohei looked at her openly, no male could really not do so, but at least his mouth didn't drop open. He looked to Darrik an nodded. "I'll catch up with you later then Darrik." He looked to Lilith again, and nodded. "You have a preference on where this talk takes place Miss Syn, or shall we just try to find some place nobody else is going to overhear us?"

Lillith just nodded and didn’t hesitate much, she reached with one hand to Kyohei drawing him closer and making him bump into her enormous endowments while her other hand was already weaving an inticrate pattern which would pull them through her shadow into a safe space.

There was a short moment of disorientation and when Kyohei regained his bearings Lillith was still holding him close to her body. She had assumed her true form, large bat like wings engulfing him while her horns grew around her head like a majestic crown.

Lillith’s eyes seemed to look straight into Kyohei’s soul and he could hear her heavy breathing as she fought against her urges for control. In her true form she was far more suscessible to her instincts but she needed to know if he was him.

Kyohei struggled against her but she managed to overpower him, taking in his scent and feeling his skin against hers. He felt the same, he smelt the same, he must be the same but there was only one way to really tell. „Forgive me...“, she hushed as she drew him even closer to a kiss...

Please, Alexander... remember me...

He couldn't stop, no matter that part of him actually didn't want to. The kiss was everything Lilith remembered, and such contact dredged up all her memories, affirming everything she suspected. He continued struggling, despite living the dream most mortals would sell their soul for. As she released him, a breathless and stunned Kyohei backed away, and she could even see it in his stance, remembering their first meeting years before.

Kyohei was the reincarnation of Alexander, the Angel that was Delilah's father.

"Why, why did you just do that? Don't you care what it would do to Delilah if she had seen that?"

His anger was righteous, just as she remembered, and she could feel it rising more. She could feel the confusion radiating from him, and tinging it all, the beginnings of recognition.

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
She looked at him. "You have Yuuki assigned to the boy's dorm, With Kyohei headmaster. That is simply unacceptable!"

The young dryad blinked at this news, quite dumb-funded by the reveal, which stood in contradiction of what she had been told to exspect from the ousiders and their Academy. Having a girl roomate would have been like a less-crowded version of home, but rooming in the boy's dorm with a male roomate... That was... There were stories about disgraced members of the Clan who... But she had been instructed to be obedient...

She colored slightly and looked down, "I apoligize, Headmaster, but if there are any rooms in the girl's dorm, I feel I'd be more productive in my studies there. Sir."

"There are not." He looked at Yuuki, then at Shizuka. "There are no vacancies. It has been an incredible year thus far, and for once we are actually near Capacity here at the school. Many of the Faculty are already sharing apartments as it stands, simply so we have space for students, which has been occupied."

He looked at them. "My first thought was the Hengeyokai prince as a roommate, since we have certain leverage on him." He looked particularly at Shizuka. "As you know he's already rooming with Kozune."

"Kyohei and Darrik are two of the only young men on campus I'd trust to behave appropriately in this situation, so I chose based on that."

He looked at Them both. "I would ask that you simply try it for now. If things do not go well, then we will work on something. I have already gotten approval to construct additional dorms, but as you know, such things take time, here especially."

Archived