Aberrant: 200X - Gone for a bit, had fun.

Doryoku

Now I'm back.

Ryusei poked me enough to at least start talking to people here again. Says it'll help with "socializing" with other Novas. Although I think he was right about me sticking with High School. Although it was boring as all of watching paint dry.

Hopefully you guys don't bite. Not too comfortable yet.

Heya Sakurako. Was High School really that boring? I only just started, and it seems pretty fun so far. But I keep hearing people talk about how terrible and boring high school was for them. Does it get bad later on?

Sometimes the lessons are a bit slow for me, because well, I'm a nova and I have what the Rashoud people call "streamlined neural capability" (in other words a low-level hyperbrain). But the other students are interesting, if a bit strange in some of their interests. Guys keep asking me what it's like living with 'Bombshell', and I have to tell them I don't live with Bombshell, I live with Jason, and that she's pretty cool. It's not like she dances around like she's on a bikini shoot 24/7. I think because Jael and Katya and Ryusei and Einherjar are always popping by that the baselines think it's like 'Ibiza Uncovered'.

Well, sometimes the language can get a bit x-rated, especially when Jason's losing at 'Elite Flashpoint: Nigeria' to some guy in Korea who's unlocked Totentanz and keeps ninja-killing her. That's an education all in itself! grin

Yay, a thread full of flying super-brains, do I ever feel inaadequate, now. That doesn't happen often. winklaugh

I was only the 'new' me for the last three months of High School. It was pretty... awkward. I was still adjusting as was everyone around me. All my friends knew as a male jock, now they (and I) had to deal with me being a Nova Babe.

I Had to do all my tests and exams in another room by myself, since it was determined I was too much of a distraction for anyone actually concerned about their grade point average. As it was, even during regular class, me just walking, talking, even breathing, made it hard for anyone to concentrate (made other things 'hard' too, if I'm being truthful).

At least, even though I went to a Catholic School, it wasn't mandatory for girls to wear the plaid skirt. I don't any of us, me, the other students, or the teachers, would have endured the year.

Well at least our skirts were of the longer traditional legnth. We didn't go for the moe trend. Yes I got pride for my former Alma-Mater. For more than our athletic teams.

As for your time in the system, uh... you don't Dorm do you? That's what I did.

Nope, can't Dorm, unfortunately. I'm Bombshell 24/7, and I'm not sure if it's just my looks or how I move orwhat, but even my 'Nova-ness' seems more forthright and obvious than most other Novas. Hell, I haven't even been able to learn my girlfriend's 'Clark-Kent; trick. Docs at the Rashoud Facility mutter something about an unusually strong Static Quantum Template or something, whatever that means.

And yeah, all in all, I hit the jackpot, I shouldn't complain. Still... there are things I miss... wink

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Now I'm back.

Ryusei poked me enough to at least start talking to people here again. Says it'll help with "socializing" with other Novas. Although I think he was right about me sticking with High School. Although it was boring as all of watching paint dry.

Hopefully you guys don't bite. Not too comfortable yet.

Welcome back! (I've got to check these boards more often, midterms or not.)

Quantum templates... right that's what they call it. Why can't they just say it was what you were born with? They make it so... mechanical sounding. I don't have a pattern that can be replicated on an assembly line! I'm flesh and blood for crying out loud!

Ahem... what was I going on about? Oh yeah... At least from the few that went to a clinic after their eruption that I've talked to. I went au-natural, and that wasn't fun, but at least it wasn't a long "wake-up" period for me. I guess I was lucky.

Then again, I'm the weird one of the family. smile

Archived