Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 2: Field trip

Justin OOC

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyra's movements held remarkable grace about them, as she charged forward putting herself between the others and the dog, and growled at it in warning. However, being a predator herself, she could tell that the animal was trying to get away, and she moved slightly to the side, allowing it a path to escape that wouldn't take it past her friends.

Delilah glared after the Celestial Dog, itching to chase it, feeling her back ripple before she restrained the urge to reveal her wings. Instead, she turned her hot-eyed gaze on Kyohei.

"So were you sisters-" Delilah began to retort before cutting herself off with an impressive sigh. She was tired of this, tired of angels and celestials and whatnot. She was still reeling from finding out what her father had been. "I don't want to fight anymore. If anything else from Heaven comes to kill me, can you just tell it to come back tomorrow? I don't want to play anymore. Thanks."

The runes painting her flesh winked out, her talons of solid fire flared, then were gone as the succubus started trudging back to her room. No one had ever seen the exuberant, voluptuous teen trudge before - it wasn't a good gait for her - nor had they ever seen her so listlessly dispirited.

Her passionate fire was guttering low indeed, at the moment.

Too late, Aria burst into the room Darrick was in, Skye close behind her. She took in the shambles of the room and Darrick's fatigue and disheveled condition and came to the obvious conclusion.

"Good, you're all right. Come with us, we still need to check in on the others."

"Delilah, wait." His voice contained no small measure of sadness. He removed his robe, revealing a body honed to physical perfection, and thankfully that he was cautious, a bathing suit. He did his best to drape it around Delilah. "I'll walk you to your room."

When she didn't say no, he followed her, and waited until they got there. "May I come in?"

Lillith dropped the protective shield once she was sure her daughter was safe. With a sad heart she watched Delilah walk away doubting her own heritage and probably cursing her mother for the celestial blood that flowed in her veins and thus tainted her demon side. How could Lillith explain to her, that Delilah was the most wonderful of all her offspring? Her celestial heritage made her special and worth dying for.

Unfortunately their encounter with the Celestials was less than inspiring and it would be even more difficult to convince her that it was a good thing and not something she needed to get rid off – or be ashamed of.

Kyohei was already taking care of Delilah and Lillith didn’t know for a moment whether she thought it was a good or bad thing he was around. Part of Delilah’s anger was still palpable and it made Lillith angry, too – angry at Kyohei.

I can’t leave her alone, she decided and quickly followed in their pursuit, her huge breasts bouncing wildly as she was still naked since she left the hot springs. She reached them with long strides but didn’t say a single word and instead watched him and make sure her daughter would be fine. Maybe he had some answers?

Delilah curled up at the bed, pulling her knees up to her chest, interlacing her fingers with her toes as she studied Kyohei with hot, hooded eyes. When her mother came up behind him, watching the both of them, Delilah took a deep, composing breath. Lilith's nakedness didn't bother her in the least, but Delilah could taste her mother's concern, distress, and even her lingering anger, even though none of what happened was her fault. Not really...

Delilah raised her chin to a proud, regal angle and nodded at Kyohei, unable to refrain from running her gaze along his sleek, muscled gorgeousness, despite her anger and melancholy. "Come in, Kyohei. Say what you want to say, and I'll listen. I can't promise anymore than that."

"That's all I ask." He could feel Lilith behind him, and knew he could do nothing about it.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you everything. Even now, I don't know everything, the entire truth. I'll tell you what I do. My sisters are all three Angels in human guise. Karoma and Aoi are alot stronger than I am, and Haruna's somewhat less. My family is among the premier monster hunters in the world. That said, I meant what I told you that first day. I cannot remember ever meeting Yokai before I met you, Aria and the others. I grew up trained by Celestial beings, and I was trained to be a hunter myself."

He looked down, then back at her. "I know its too late, but I wanted to say I really care about you Delilah, and I'm sorry about what happened. I had hoped to talk to which ever of them showed up and get them to leave me be. One on One, I could have done it, but against all three, well I've never won, either training, or anything else."

He seemed to want to say more, to comfort her, but he restrained himself. It was easy to remember the way his words rang with truth, ever since she met him, and even now. He was not lying to her at all.

Delilah sighed, pointed chin ducking down to rest on her knees. She was still hurt that he had concealed the truth from her, if not lying, he had lied by omission. But her anger had faded, she could taste his honesty and his earnestness on her tongue like a sweet nectar.

"I liked you too, Kyohei. I hope I still can, but I dunno..." Delilah pulled her burgundy hair over her should, running her fingers through it. "I'm not sure I care for angels much - from what I've seen, they seem every bit as vicious and judgmental as the worst of monsters and I just found out I'm half angel too. And with you having three angels for sisters, you're not just a human either, regardless of how well trained a monster-hunter you are, are you?"

"I really don't know Delilah."

He shook his head. "I'd say better than even chances i could be one. To my knowledge, I've never had wings, and I know my sisters all do. That's part and Parcel of the whole angel thing."

"Wait, you're half angel?" He looked at her, then to Lilith, for confirmation.

Lillith wasn’t sure if she should’ve better retreated or not but indecisiveness made her feet heavy and remained silent as she listened to her daughter and Kyohei. The initial fury and anger she felt evaporated as quickly as she had tasted them as it was the nature of these emotions to burn bright but not last for long.

Kyohei’s question reached her but she didn’t immediately respond to it, instead her eyes remained transfixed on his shape and body. He could sense the sexual energy that she involuntarily radiated and given her naked body it surely was a thought he entertained, even if it was just for a brief moment.

„Yes, Kyohei... she is half Celestial.“, Lillith admitted and she struggled to shake off the sense of Deja-Vu she had when she looked at Kyohei’s body. Images of her body against his flashed through her mind, images of hot steaming sex and honest love clouded her mind but this wasn’t the place nor the moment to indulge herself. Aside from that – Delilah would never forgive her and she didn’t want to hurt her now that she learned the truth about her heritage.

Lillith looked at her daughter and while she understood that she was struggling to come to terms with her true heritage she couldn’t say she was sorry for what happened – because she wasn’t. To her it was a gift, the greatest gift she has ever received and it was given body in the shape of Delilah. Delilah could feel the deep admiration, pride and love her mother felt for her, it was stronger than ever.

Skye rolled her eyes as the stupid boy ran off after the succubus. You can't save fools from themselves, she grumbled to herself as she followed the spider-monster. She was going to put up the traitor-human, who was trying to making conversation.

"I suggest you start with a demon," Skye growled at Darrik. "Those poor dogs stank of demons and not heaven." She looked like she might say more, but she remained silent, choosing to give the human-traitor stink-eye instead.

"Hounds of Heaven infected with some kind of demonic disease or poison," Aria mused as she went to Delilah's door.

"Then set loose on us almost immediately after Kyohei's sisters vanished. Not intended as a serious threat, I think. A test more likely. To force us to demonstrate what powers are at our disposal."

She frowned. "The real battle is still to come."

Aria knocked on Delilah's door.

"Yes'm. Half-angel it seems, and more than half again as sexy as as any of 'em. Think I would look better with feathered wings?" Delilah bantered with some of her habitual exuberance, lips curved in a faint grin.

"And well... We'll have to find what you are then, before I decide if you're worth my time, hmm?" Delilah said with a teasing smirk, hiding the spike of pique she felt from tasting her mother's obvious attraction to the man she had seen first, mollified only by Lilith's admiration, pride, and love.

Then there was the knock at the door. With a sensual shrug, Delilah stood up and straightened her kimono, which seemed to involve revealing a trace of more cleavage, then answered the door.

"Oh! Hey, Aria - this is your room too, you don't have to knock." Delilah said with most of her old cheer. If she was self-conscious about being in the room with a half-naked Kyohei and a totally naked Lilith, the younger succubus gave no sign of it. Her bright purple eyes darkened for a moment. "Are all the other celestial things gone, now? I've had enough of them wanting to kill me."

When Kyohei said that about letting the dog go, she blinked at him, it was an animal, and retreating, she wasn't hungry that she might chase it for food, or so upset that she might destroy it without consideration. It was retreating, running even, and that was enough of a victory for her.

She chose to follow her friends, but when Delilah went off by herself, to be followed by Kyohei, she gave them the appearance of privacy, by hanging back outside. Of course, with her senses as sharp as they were, she could listen in, even from outside, and she was pleased when it sounded as though they were coming to terms.

• 2 weeks later...

Things remained calm, And everyone packed their things, returning by bus to the Academy. Once they arrived, They were summoned to the Headmaster's office.

"Normally I'd allow you to print up everything, but as it stands, we've had some very political concessions made and I must demand that any mention of the Sokatsu Sisters be left out."

Nekomone looked to protest...

"I have already received your account, and if you truly want all out war between Yokai and Celestial, print what you want. The Celestial dogs going "Rabid" is a concern, as not even my Counterpart can provide information on how it happened."

He looked to Kyohei and Skye. "First, let me welcome you to my Academy Skye, I will do all I can to show you our way in an unbiased form. Kyohei, You must do as you have, hiding your true nature."

He nodded once. "Yes sir."

"If any of you have something to add, some reasonable request, then do so now."

It was not a clean solution, and it bothered their Teacher.

Aria absorbed the Headmaster's news and proclamations with her usual stoicism, and when he asked if they had questions, it turned out she had only one. Given the situation, it seemed an odd one.

"Have there been any new developments in the case of the underwear thief?" she inquired blandly, as if that had been what they'd been talkig about all along.

Political considerations. Something Darrik wished he'd learned more of from his father, but at the moment, he was staying frustratedly quiet. He'd learned more again than he wanted to, but he had no intention of outright asking the Headmaster what he really did know about the situation. Puppets on strings, they seemed to be, and being confusedly in the dark as their lives were at risk was running Darrik ragged.

Especially since he'd misunderstood Skye. She really did carry the same angel prejudices as the rest. It was really hard keeping an open mind.

Maybe, if he had the luck, he could get out and find his grandfather. The wise old warlock might be able to understand these problems more, even if he was only a recluse nowadays.

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
He looked to Kyohei and Skye. "First, let me welcome you to my Academy Skye, I will do all I can to show you our way in an unbiased form. Kyohei, You must do as you have, hiding your true nature."

"Thank you for your hospitality," Skye replied, her voice distantly polite. "I'll be happy to extend the same to you."

She fell silent again, though her face grew incredulous when they started talking about underwear thieves. This was what demon school offered? Degenerates who stole underwear? The fact that the students dealt with them with any seriousness made it clear that this was a major focus at this school.

"May I go to my room?" she asked quietly. Hopefully, she could escape having her dignity impugned by this entire decision.

"If that's what you wish, so be it. guard your belongings well, because the rash of petty thievery around here has not been quelled. With a piece of someone, all sorts of things are possible."

It was what they all had thought, old primative magic, but very potent.

"Yes, but then why take more from someone they already have underwear from?" Aria mused.

"Maybe whatever they're planning requires a very strong connection."

She gave Skye a sidelong glance, then shook her head as if dismissing an unstated possibility.

"They won't have anything from a new student yet. That means we can be sure an attempt will be made to steal something from Skye. I suggest we set a trap to capture the culprit. Hopefully we'll have more of a chance to question this one."

"That is correct Aria. as things stand I am already having to explain more to the council than I wish to. Since I cannot trust the Student Council or, the Disciplinary force, I am turning to the Newspaper club to get to the bottom of things."

He set a handful of pendants on the desk, one for each of them. "break that, when the need arises and I will be there. Do not use them lightly, they're not particularly easy to create."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived