Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 2: Field trip

Justin OOC

It was a new week, and things were going well, nothing particularly strange was going on, and the members of the Newspaper club found there wasn't much to report.

Everyone was in their classes, and things couldn't be better.

In his homeroom, Darrik was suprised when Jezebel actually came up and wrapped an arm around him. "Thanks for being so understanding." It was the first anyone had seen her in a week, and she smiled. "I'll make it up to you. That was quite the event you all took part in. I'm glad you caught him, I can't say how much of my things I lost."

"Did you ever find out why he did it, or was he just a pervert?"

In their homeroom, Kyra, Delilah, Aria and Kyohei were each mobbed by their classmates, asking for the real story.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrik smiled slightly when he saw Jezebelle, she had been gone for the week, and that coupled with her note raised questions about what she'd been doing. His smile dipped slightly as she asked about Saizo, but he maintained an visage intended to keep away any inconvenient questions.

After all, the school would have suffered greatly if news of a murderer hit, and he understood the importance of keeping things under wraps for now.

"Saizo? As far as we can tell, nothing more than a pervert. Though he seemed to have taken his actions seriously enough to kill himself." For a moment, he let the horror lingering from the true cause of death show, but then he let it vanish.

"He'd threatened Kyohei when confronted, but fat good it did him. We had him there, but he got away, and since he was now exposed, I guess he..." Darrik stopped, done with the lying for now.

"So. Where have you been now?"

Perched on top on her desk, preening under the attention, Delilah was almost giddy with all the passions and desires swirling around her. Wearing a pair of red, buckled thigh high boots with towering heels, a creamy white, over-burdened blouse, and a distressed, satin bodice and a too-short skirt of deep purple, the young succubus chatted animatedly about the story surrounding Saizo and his thefts.

Though she talked non-stop, Delilah didn't actually say anything about, though with her giggles and exuberant gestures, all the guys and most of the girls forgot what they were clamoring for. Her innately sexy tones and the massive mounds jiggling beneath her shirt were far more interesting.

"... I think Saizo just didn't know how to talk to girls, that's why he stole our clothes - he stole the guys clothes to hide his pervy ways. You shoulda seen him when me and Kyra confronted him in the baths! He didn't know what to do! I - I shoulda kept the towel on, maybe. I woulda been nice to get some of my bras back though, y'know? It's so hard to find ones that fit these - I had this really nice one, a fuchsia underwire with..."

Her rambling was ceaseless save for whenever she inhaled to replenish her breath, which caused all the onlookers to hold their breath in anticipation of a wardrobe malfunction.

Aria is the polar opposite of her succubus roommate, sitting primly at her desk without an ounce of coyness and greeting questions with all the responsiveness of a Congressman under investigation.

"I don't know why Saizo stole clothes, only that he did."

"I don't know why he ended up as he did either."

Through careful phrasing, she managed to avoid actually lying about Saizo, which she felt was appropriate respect due to the dead. The story of him committing suicide was one she disapproved of, since it brought unnecessary pain to his friends, and family...but she didn't contradict it either. In the end, it wasn't necessary. The students naturally gravitated to people who told them what they wanted to hear, and Aria was eventually, more or les, left in peace to think.

Kyra's response was different then either of her counterparts, rather then the enthusiastic response of Deliah, or the restrained one of Aria. Kyra was wearing a red silk dress with golden embroidery on it, in a fire pattern.

"I don't know why he did it, and really, if he hadn't taken some of the rubies from my horde, when he grabbed my stuff, I wouldn't have chased him. I don't know why the rest of it happened, your guess is as good as mine."

Jezabel smiled to him. "In Seclusion, there are times when we young Succubi have to do so, or else something I don't want to happen could." Her voice oozed sensuality, and many males wondered why Darrik merited her attentions.

Kyohei chuckled as Delilah drew most of the other males, it was hard not to be drawn to her, on more than the physical level. She was fun to be around as he'd learned, and it was never boring with her. He noted Aria's response was similar to his, not answering much of anything, and nodded. Everything he knew of her, which wasn't much, suggested this was the norm.

Most people Paid attention to Kyra if only because she was a Dragoness, and the Dragonlord's daughter.

Miss Miss Nekomone came in and held class, and asked them to come by after school, even though it wasn't one of the days for a club meeting.

Classes went well, though most were still fishing for more information. Lunch time soon came, and through circumstance, everyone found their way to the rooftop, where it was just them there.

Darrik faded into the area of the rooftop, Flicker perched upon his shoulder. Since the wandering imp was going to roam free anyway, Darrik would simply control his presence at critical times.

Of course, when he got there, tray in hand, Kyohei and Delilah were already sitting together there.

"Well, you two seem to have decided to hang out here a bit."

For Kyra, sense Kyohei had found and returned her rubies to her, she was actually rather warm toward him in particular, to the others involved to a lesser degree. As such, when the break came around, she found herself amongst the others who were a part of them, sense she felt more of a connection to them anyway. She was sitting on the edge of the roof when Darik appeared. "Hello Darik."

Delilah cuddled up her exaggerated figure next to Kyohei, resting her head on his shoulder as she gave Darrik a naughty grin, her sharply arched brows wriggling suggestively. "We've more than just hung out. But seriously, it's been fun hanging out from someone from the other side, y'know?" She turned her naughty grin on Kyohei, the arm she had around his waist dipping low to give his ass a quick squeeze.

Delilah looked back at Darrik, her smile inquisitive and teasing. "So... you and Jezebelle, hmm? She tell you why she was gone most of the week?" Something glinted in her burning purple eyes.

Darrik's face went a bit... colored by surprise and embarrassment. Flicker only revealed a broad, thoroughly amused grin. "Well, it's not like anything's happened Delilah."

He found a section of the roof to sit on before continuing. "Seriously, I only found out just before the whole business with Saizo. That's why I came in late. I'd found a string of secret admirer's type notes, ended up getting into the library at midnight to find out who, and it wound up being Jezebelle. That's all that is really is. Now for the past week, she's been gone and just returned. Why was she gone..."

Darrik let out a sigh, half-titillated, half-scared of the answer he might get. "Delilah, if a succubus needs to go into 'seclusion', what happens if they don't?"

Delilah's smile grew even wider, but the light in her eyes was enigmatic. "Let us just say if she hadn't, any man around her would have been in totally mortal danger. And what would have happened to Jezebelle would have been even worst and lingering." Delilah leaned against Kyohei, abundant charms flattening across his arm and chest. Her tempting lips were teasing yet serious. "I'll have to do the same, Kyo. Even you wouldn't be able to deal with what would happen." And neither would I...

"Right. I think the mandatory male curiosity has been satisfied for right now." Darrik muttered between mouthfuls, apparently, the bringing up of Jezebelle had wrong-footed him tremendously, and the enigmatic warning by Delilah seemed to have removed any red-blooded questions about succubi that he would have asked.

Which Flicker chuckled and made an allusion to. "Don't be so worried. After all, if that note she left that night was any indication, tonight you're going to be making her scream for-"

Darrik made a gesture and a close fist, and the shadows on the roof flowed together, encasing Flicker in a shadowy sphere in a matter of moments. "If this doesn't teach him to shut up, nothing will."

Kyohei smiled to Kyra. He was suprised she'd joined them. "Good to see you up here."

He listened to the interaction between Darrik and Delilah and was abit confused, and intrigued. "Well just let me know if I can help you in any way, and I will."

He looked to Darrik and his Imp's antics. "Sounds like someone is going to have some fun at night."

"That's an optimistic way of looking at it." Darrik commented, "Flicker can't stop his mouth even if it meant a permanent end to his existence. Besides, the note she left was a bit on the implied side," he continued pontificating around a wad of meat in his mouth.

"So..."

His efforts at pretense, privacy and trying to avoid boasting, collapsed faster than a house of cards in a hurricane. "So... yes, it's more than likely I'll be losing my virginity soon."

She looked between folks for a moment as she listened to the discussion, from her vantage point on the edge of the building, then she shook her head slightly.

"Why does that even matter? Is such a thing important to your people?" She made a gesture with one hand even as she got up and began to balance on the edge of the building, completely unconcerned with falling, as a creature with wings might be, even though her wings weren't present at the moment.

She had never heard any of her own kind make a big deal out of such things, but then, perhaps it was something more interesting to humans and succubi then it was to dragons.

"It's fun, Kyra," Delilah tried to explain, but the Dragoness merely narrowed her eyes, unconvinced. The over-endowed temptress folded her arms beneath her breasts in a huff, and tried again. "Look, it's not your fault you don't understand, Kyra, you're only a dragon after all. Their a solitary race. You guys only get-it-on when one of you get the urge to breed. Then it's 'wham, bam, why are you still here?'"

The seductress stood up, leaving Kyohei's side and swaying towards Kyra standing at the edge of the roof. Delilah looked as delicate and succulent as enticing prey, but the Dragon Princess well remembered the balefully glowing runes that had painted her delicious flesh.

"For most others, humans and monsters alike, sex is fun and just feels... so good." Her voice was sultry, yearning with just the thought of it. "Look, why do you horde treasure and roll around in it? You just do right? And it feels good? Well, sex is a thousand times better. For an instant, you form a connection so close, you touch souls... And if you're hungry, you can take a nibble. But mostly, sex is just super fun."

Delilah twisted lithely around, her incredible profile presented to the others as she locked eyes with Kyohei, purple eyes smoldering with lust as she licked her lips. Kyohei couldn't help but realize, though she was playful and nice, Delilah was a succubus, a demon who preyed on mortals.

Delilah turned back to Kyra, looking up at the taller girl, ravishing lips spread in a wide smile as she ran slender fingers up her arm, razor-sharp obsidian nails teasing her skin. "If you want, I can show you just how much fun..."

"Fun can be a one-sided thing," said a new voice. Aria emerged from a corner, her school uniform as pressed and unruffled as ever, her voice disapproving. "Your treasure metaphor almost had me convinced you understood that. Don't spoil my illusions now."

She nodded at Darrik and Kyra, saving her final attention for Kyohei.

"So, what have I missed so far?"

Darrik glanced at Aria, with a casual half-smirk across his face. His gaze lazily drifted over to the dragon princess and the lascivious, clinging Delilah, and reasonably unperturbed Kyohei, and his response was an amused "Nothing much."

He added as a sharp jest, "Assuming we don't count the pink minotaurs on parade."

Aria's eyes briefly noted the ball of solid shadow next to Darrik, and he was forced to acknowledge that too. "I suppose Flicker has had enough timeout time."

A brief gesture of the hand, and the ball burst apart to reveal a huddled up Flicker, with a sullen expression on his face. "Okay, okay, I'll be good. I promise. No more about her."

The young dragon frowned a moment, and for an instant it was almost as though the others could see how young she was, as dragons aged a bit slower then some of the other races, with sudden growth spurts now and again, that other races sometimes found surprising.

Deliah's explanation though, made a bit of sense to her. "Actually, Daddy did tell me once, that a dragon can treasure more then just gold or jewels, that a friend and a mate can be a treasure all of their own. I didn't understand then, but, Kyohei got my rubies back, so he's my friend."

The glance that Kyra gave him was almost... possessive, and perhaps needed some explanation, growing up as dragons did, the girl might not entirely understand what a friend was.

"But, then, we stood together to stop the thief, so all of you are my friends." Her words were declarative, as one might expect of a princess. Then she stopped, and got a puzzled look on her face.. "Daddy never did explain what a friend was, though, other then that they helped each other when needed." Her words confirming the earlier implications that she really didn't know much about friendship.

Kyohei simply laughed and finished his meal, as much as he was able.

He looked first to Kyra and nodded. "We are all friends. I'd like to invite you to join the newspaper club too, as a friend. It's alot more exciting than some of the others, and we do actually get to leave the School I'm told."

He looked to Aria. "Not all that much, just discussing things.."

He was interrupted by the School Intercom. Interrupting lunch was something none of the others had ever heard of before.

"The Newspaper club to the club room please."

Kyohei sighed. "Wonder what they want." He looked to Kyra. "Come with us, I'm sure it'll be alright, if you want."

Aria nodded...when a dragon was about, it was best to keep it in plain sight near you. Assuming 'on another continent' wasn't an option. Not just because they were damn dangerous monsters, but also because they could be remarkably subtle in their machinations. Once they settled on a lair, they quickly developed circles of spies, servants, slaves...followers and worshippers. They used these sycophants as adroitly as...well, as a spider used her web.

For all that Aria didn't often USE the information she gathered, she still prided herself on being an authority on the campus and its secrets. She'd have to keep an eye on Kyra. On everyone else too, of course. But especially on Kyra.

She went to the door and headed to the newspaper club's room.

Darrik only chuckled under his breath, knowing the behavior of dragons, and that which Kyra presented, the concept of friendship would be much harder to obtain than Kyohei made it out to be. Well, it could be worth it, he as a despised Warlock had few friends as is.

He turned his gaze to one whom he considered NOT a friend, and rather a servant slash irritant. Jabbing Flicker with his foot, "Get back to the room. Stay there."

Being who he was, Darrik also chose to make use of his advantageous shadow-porting. Why pass up a quick trip? Instead of using the door, he moved to its side and vanished through the shadows, swiftly progressing to the club room.

Delilah gave the intercom a moue of annoyance, then with a huff that made interesting things happen to her chest, she took Kyra's hand in hers and Kyohei's in her other hand and began urging them to the Club Room with that deceptive strength, hips swaying and heels clicking.

"C'mon! I don't why, but the Profs always get mad when you're the tiniest bit late. I wonder what's up?"

Though Darrik got there first Ms. Nekomone didn't say anything. She stood to the side in fact, as the headmaster sat at the desk. When the others all arrived, He nodded and the door closed behind them.

"You've all proven resourceful, so I'm going to give you something fun. We have a report of a series of springs in Tokyo where people are going missing, including several of your fellow monsters. Nobody thinks much of it, at least not enough to send a formal investigation team, but I figure you guys can get to the bottom of it. I've authorized Ms. Nekomone to take you all, but please refrian from using your powers. You will be in the human world."

Darrik closed one eye as he listened, the fact that they were heading for the human world always gave him mixed feelings. On the one hand, it was exciting and somewhat exotic to him. On the other, it was the world from where his ancestors fled for their very survival, more prejudiced against magic-wielders than the Monsters here, who at least by now had not declared another war. He well understood the necessity of keeping their powers hidden.

That eye opened again. "Are these hot springs, or merely park-scenic? Has there been any signs of struggle with any missing human or monster?"

"There are hotsprings there yes, and before the disappearances, they were quite popular. The owners and proprietors are friends of mine, and have been for generations."

He smiled. "Provided you don't overtly do anything to give yourself away, they'll be fine with most of you."

Hearing that they were going to the human world got Delilah excited and finding out their assignment was to check for missing people at a Hot Springs resort had her literally bouncing on her toes. Which in turn made the others excited and/or distracted at the other bouncing going on.

"Ooooh! Hot Springs! This is going to be fun!" the teen succubus squealed. "I have to go pack! I have the greatest bikini to wear. Unless these are nude hotsprings? Those are good too. I can't wait to go. If we have time, can we go into the city for some shopping? I need new bras, and nothing here fits right."

Delilah enjoyed the Monster world, she could stretch her wings whenever she wanted and didn't have to worry about flashing some fire, but she loved the human world. The music was better, the clothes were better, even the food was better.

Delilah nodded enthusiastically at the headmaster, who was privately grateful his pre-eminent position lent him a certain decorum that enable him to resist the entrancing sight of the teen temptress. "Discreet, no worries. You know me. When do we go?" She purple eyes turned to Kyohei, her coy smile flashing the tip of her cute, sharp fangs. "Maybe you can take me to meet your family, Kyo."

Aria wasn't exactly incorrect about dragons, they did tend to collect agents around their lair. In some ways, a dragon could almost be as subtle and as manipulative as a spider demon, but for a dragon Kyra's age, it was mostly instinct and unconscious choices, in dragons like her father, it was a deliberate.

When she was invited to join the newspaper club, she smiled slightly, and nodded. "If all of you are in it, I would love to join the Newspaper club.. " She paused a moment. "But what's a newspaper?" Dragon's loved to know what was happening near or around their lairs, so once it was explained she was likely to be very enthusiastic about it.

When they were called to the club room, she went with the others, thinking about what she was told. "The human world? I've never been there, isn't that where the dragon slayers came from?"

Kyohei had been about to reply to Delilah, then Kyra made a comment about the origin of Dragonslayers. Immediately Delilah felt him tense up, and he looked at Kyra. "The human ones yes, but there are a number of reasons dragons are valuable." He smiled. "Don't worry, though, I doubt we'll run into any, At least if we go to Japan, Dragons are revered there."

"Back to your other question, a newspaper is full or articles about what's going on around school, and here in the monster world, as well as some information from the human world. We get to go out and find out what's going on, and then let everyone else know."

He looked to Delilah. "I dunno about my family, that could be problematic. We'll have to see how close we are."

He looked to the Headmaster who just smiled. "The springs you're going to are North of Tokyo..."

Kyohei's arm tensed. "...Tended by the the Kawamori family."

Kyohei all at once seemed to sigh. There would be no avoiding it, not at all.

Darrik raised an eyebrow, as he noted that it seemed another piece of the puzzle regarding the presence of Kyohei seemed to be put into place, if the family was somehow connected to the Headmaster. "Well, that shouldn't be too much trouble." He suggested semi-optimistically, trying to allay the other boy's concerns.

"And Kyra, Earth is where they used to burn witches and warlocks too, but I'm not scared, in fact, I'm confident that we can go through this without seeming abnormal."

Delilah looked up at Kyphei with concerned surprised on her seductively beautiful, wickedly innocent face. He was growing tense - and not in a good way - and the resignation, regret, and worry emanating from him didn't taste good, at all. But she could help with that.

She slinked up to Kyohei, pressing her body close in a tight hug, her over-proportioned bosom flattening across his taut torso, her hands drifting lower to his rear. She laid her cheek against his chest, looking up at him with huge, honest eyes no demon should have been able to possess.

"What's wrong, Kyo?" Delilah asked in a breathy whisper that made her spectacular rack shift distractingly. "I know what the Human World is like, I grew up there. I know how to pretend to be no different than any other hot teen girl. No worries, your family will totally like me, I swear."

"They would be, wouldn't they?" Aria says cryptically. "Don't worry. We're on good behavior. With any luck, they'll never even know we're there. Otherwise, you'll just have some explaining to do." She smiles at him, a relatively rare expression for her, and not entirely mirthful. There's an anticipatory edge to it too, an unspoken and I would love to hear that explanation, that communicated itself clearly.

She then looked at Ms Nekomone. "When do we leave?"

Kyra looked over her dress a moment, then back at the others somewhat pleadingly. "I've never been to the human world, I don't even know what to wear." She tended to wear some measure of silk with gold at the school, but she wasn't sure if that was the right thing to wear to the human world. Older dragons usually wouldn't admit to not knowing something, but Kyra was young enough to not be self-conscious in that matter.. yet.

Kai looked at Aria, wondering what she knew. His eyes narrowed slightly, and for a moment, Aria felt like she was the fly being looked at by an agitated spider.

His look softened and he looked to Kyra. "I'm sure Delilah, Aria, and Miss Nekomone will be more than happy to help you." Their teacher smiled.

"To that end, all of you are given the afternoon off to prepare, we'll be gone for three days, so plan and pack accordingly. You have my number should you need help. "You're to meet me here at four, so we can take the bus into the human world."

(OOC everyone post your preparations, once we have that, we'll continue.)

"Awww!" Delilah cried sympathetically as she heard Kyra's admission. She left Kyohei's side and dashed over to the taller girl, giving her a surprisingly tight, empathetic hug that any boy would have died for. "I'll totally help you get dressed for the Mortal World! C'mon, let's go!"

The precocious succubus grabbed Kyra's hand then nabbed Aria's despite her room-mate's obvious reluctance and dragged them away with the sheer force of her exuberance. Delilah pulled her captive school-mates through the halls until they arrived... nowhere, since she had meant to head to Kyra's room first, but only realized after she didn't know where it was. After a chewed lip and a blushing admission, Kyra gave her directions.

Kyra walked into her room first, as was only right, but Delilah came in right on her heels and immediately helped herself and began rummaging through the Dragon-girl's wardrobe. Almost everything was silk, various dresses and long tunics, and... no underwear, not even granny-panties, let alone anything fun. No swimsuits either. And precious few shoes, only flat-bottomed, high-laced sandals.

"Okay, you stuff is pretty nice, if a little plain, good for a night out or a first date, if you want to take things slow," Delilah told her new 'student', eying her tall form speculatively. "But it's not really good for just walking around and showing off, not if you want to look like a normal, hot, teen human girl. Here, get your purse, then we'll go back to my room and I'll lend you some things until you can buy your own stuff," she ordered.

"What is a 'purse'?" Kyra reluctantly asked, not liking to reveal her ignorance twice now.

"Oh, honey, you don't eve- No worries, I'll get you all set up, Kyra!" Delilah thrust a few acceptable bits of clothing into Kyra's arms, along with a few bits of jewelry from her hoard, then pulled the dragon-princess in her wake as she jiggled back to her room.

Aria had taken the opportunity while Delilah was distracted to disappear unobtrusively in a corner, but the succubus hadn't seemed to notice she was short a school mate.

Delilah tore through her room, her messy side of it anyway, looking for clothes for both herself and Kyra. Without any trace of self-consciousness, and more than a trace of flaunting pride, Delilah stripped completely nude. She put on a hot-pink bikini that would have been almost modest on a girl with more modest curves. Over the pink triangles struggling to contain her abundant curves, she put on a brightly patterned shirt, knotted between her breasts and covered the thong-style bottoms with a pair of short-shorts that were very short indeed. Her buckled boots were exchanged for a pair of open-toed sandals with equally high wedge-heels.

Impatiently, Delilah waved for Kyra to strip too. "Go on, this goes on underneath. You don't have anything I don't Kyra." After a brief hesitation, Kyra complied and Delilah made no secret of giving her an admiring once-over. Then she handed the taller girl a bundle of golden-coloured string she claimed was a swimsuit. "Here, put this on. You can tie it tight so it will fit you."

"How?" Kyra said, eying the bundle of string in her hand doubtfully.

"Oh! Let me," Delilah offered with a bright smile with a hint of a leer in it. Her hands slid over Kyra's lithely muscled body, sharp nails teasing her warm flesh, as she tied the bikini strings, then stepped back to admire the fit and the body it was fitted on. "There! Perfect. Now, cover them with these." Delilah handed her two small swathes of material that might have been able to fit a doll.

"These are much too small."

"No, no! They stretch, see?" Delilah demonstrated, stretching the spaghetti-strap top and brief skirt in her hands. After a moment considering the garments, Kyra put them on, then looked a question at her voluptuous benefactor.

"Is this okay? Do I look appropriate for the Human World?"

"You look great Kyra," Delilah claimed, licking her lips at the sight of Kyra's remarkably long legs clad in a very short skirt. "You just need a few things." Delilah handed her a pair of sunglasses and a purse, gesturing to show her how to put them on. "Perfect, one Human hottie, to order. Let me just fix your hair."

Delilah tied Kyra's vivid red hair in a simple, flirty French-braid, telling Kyra 'French' meant sexy. Then she styled her own hair into a pair of naughtily innocent pig-tails before perching a pair of sunglasses on her head and slinging her purse over her shoulder, making sure she had her wallet - with credit cards - and her smartphone with her.

"We'll sneak into town after we get there and get you some new clothes and fun things to wear, I promise," Delilah said over a shoulder as she crammed two luggage bags full to overflowing for her and Kyra.

Aria had already been in the room when the others had arrived and witnessed Delilah's shenanigans while sitting quietly on her bed, a small, neatly packed bag next to her on her immaculately made up bed. Her and Kyra's packing done, Delilah turned to her room-mate with a disapproving frown, tapping a foot.

"You're not coming in that are you?" Delilah demanded, fluttering her fingers at Aria's prim, almost-a-school-uniform outfit with disdain. "Human girls don't wear things like that unless they are imprisoned in a dull, girls only private school.

Darrik reentered his room, passing by an anticipatory Flicker and telling him, "Help me pack." It was most certainly not a request. Flicker's features faded into a more serious expression and the imp began bounding to the clothes closet and began nudging open drawers. "You're going to the Mortal World."

"Yes, and there's a chance we run into Kyohei's family in Japan." Darrik clarified, a point that made the imp look mildly worried and intrigued. "Kyohei said they were 'very traditional' and he seemed concerned about us meeting them. You hear anything the other day about his family?" Given the manifold questions about Kyohei and his attitude, the possibility that somebody in his family knew about and hunted monsters might be there.

"Yeah. His grandfather seems the most likely risk. Runs a temple, knows martial arts very well. Don't wanna stereotype, but an imp can hear things about people like that, you know?" The imp mentioned in a surprising warning tone, watching as Darrik pulled together t-shirts in single colors, shorts in similar designs, swimming trunks, sneakers and a pair of sandals.

"That does sound worrisome." Darrik admitted as he added a wallet, lots of cash, a prepaid mobile phone and balance cards and everything else to his moderately-sized bag in quick order. Just because Flicker was Flicker, didn't mean the imp occasionally had insight into a situation.

"Well, it's not your problem. Yours is telling Jezebelle that I'll have to make up being away, and so we're even on that score."

Flicker's characteristic grin returned, impudent enough that Darrik wanted to knock it away, but didn't.

Archived