Aberrant RPG - New Gravity Control Technique

PowerStar

Hail fellow Novas.

I have a neat idea for a new Gravity Control Technique: Tesserract.

Dice Pool: Manipulation + Gravity Control

Range: (Quantum + Gravity Control) X 10 Meters

Duration: Maintenance

Area: As Gravitic Field

Effect: This is Gravity Control's answer to Elemental Anima/Mastery Technique:Shaping.

This allows the Nova to determine which way is up/down on each surface inside the area, just like a Tesserract (hence the name). The Maximum number of sufaces the Nova may affect is equal to the Successes on his/her Manipulation + Gravity Control Roll. To alter the strength of Gravity inside the area, requires using the Technique: Gravity Field.

As too the idea of grandfathering it as part of Gravity Field: Gravity Field only allows you to alter the STRENGTH of the Gravity, ala Enhance/Diminish. This would be Gravity Control's version of Shaping, ala Elemental Anima. Part of the reason for this idea, is that now my group has all gone Transendant(with help from the Chrysalis), and now find it hard to have ANY new Techniques for our Powers. Still, I like this one just because. ::biggrin

• 1 month later...

Problem: why should Gravity Control be limited by physical objects?

My suggestion is that each success lets you define one volume within the larger area, with its own gravitational direction.

This is what I was really getting at. Different areas each with it's own direction of gravity.

As to Tesserract as a Spatial Manipulation Technique, why not? After all, EMP (ELECTRO-Magnetic Pulse is (by the Rules as written) only in Magnetic Mastery. Most Storytellers will allow EMP as a Technique for Elemental Anima/Mastery(Electricity), why not allow this for both. Metaphysician version for Gravity Control, and the one I made for Spatial Manipulation seems like a good idea.

BTW; Kudos to Metaphysician for a really good re-do of an idea! Well done.

Archived