Aberrant RPG - Mega-Dexterity 6+ Feats Question

Anon

In the other thread, Sprocket brought up early in the discussion and subsequently dismissed the idea of using M-Dex for stripping other people without their knowledge. I agree with the reason for dropping it from the list due to different levels of difficulty due to the various types of clothing different people wear, such as string bikinis and banana hammocks worn on a beach vs. laced up corsets and tied leathers worn by members of certain sub-cultures.

But his example of body armor is, I feel, a viable target to use this ability on in a combat situation, so as to reduce an opponents soak value. So I'm creating a new thread to deal with this question specifically

So my question is, what do you think would be the needed level of M-Dex to remove the body armor from an opponent without their realizing you have done so. Should it all be treated at the same value? There is a world of difference between a bullet-proof vest and full body riot gear. And there are even differences between bullet-proof vests, as some are designed to be worn discreetly under clothing. To get those types off would be exceedingly difficult, but I'm not sure I would peg the minimum M-Dex for each of the different types.

Going off of the list on the other thread, I think that to remove a regular vest should be 4, the full body suit should be 6 and the discrete should be 8, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. And yes, to the perv's, if you could remove body armor from under a persons clothing without them noticing, it would probably mean you could remove other things from under their clothing without them noticing as well. ::devil

Another question would be would this tactic be usable against someone wearing eufiber, or, since eufiber is attuned to the person, would they sense that it has been removed from their body? Would weave be useful in trying to counter it's removal by someone else?

Attuned Eufiber is considered part of the nova for pretty much everything. I don't think it's possible to do that unless we're talking Eufiber Mastery or Divis.

Just have the ST put a situational Difficulty on it. Removing many types of armor would probably require breaking parts of it which would mean M-Str.

And we already do have a skill for planting things on people (I think), it's Legerdemain?

Quick note: the following "quick-stripping" feat *did* make it into the finished Mega-Dexterity list, rated for M-Dex 2.

Remove the swimwear or light clothing a person is wearing before he or she can notice, much less react.

Archived