Aberrant RPG - Indonesian Adventure

Gideon

I have an update on the Aberrant Adventure I was working on that takes place in Jakarta.

Its done. (yea!)

I actually finished it last month, but Archer's announcement caused me to pause until things seemed to settle down as of late.

So once its uploaded you can all enjoy the maddness.

Here is the Write-up:

ABERRANT: OUTBREAK

An Aberrant Adventure JMP-01 (78 pages, PDF)

Welcome to Jakarta! Where Utopian and Teragen agendas collide, and the baseline government plays the

two factions against each other. The result is a city where neither side dictates the rules and the criminal

cartels have free-reign (mostly).

But when mutated corpses start to turn-up, even the jaded Indonesian governor must demand answers.

Enter Triton. Unswayed by corporate maneuvering, they discover a dark secret that only a low profile nova

team can deal with.

This adventure only requires the core Aberrant rulebook. Though having Aberrant: Year One and

Aberrant: Forceful Personalities would be helpful.

Storytellers will find:

• A fully detailed adventure ideal for 4-6 players with 0-30 XP each

• 4-Page expansion on the Indonesian city of Jakarta

• Stats and history of the new Municipal Defender, Thunderhead

Tech of the Trade , where new nova inspired weapons and tools are explained

• Maps and Handouts for Players and the Storyteller

well, we will see how everyone likes it in a few.

Hey Gideon! I am SO sorry I never got back to you on that review you asked for. My life just got insanely busy what with moving to a different city, working 2 jobs and starting school.

The short version is I thought it was very well done and professionally layed out...it has a very "official" feel to it.

Let me kow if you still want an in-depth review and I will see what I can do...

No worries and thanks for the praise. (actually all but one of the folks who offered assitance became a little too busy shortly there-after)

You may actually be surprised with the final product, as I added a number of images, a brief email exchange sequence and redid the appendix.

I tried using the attachment function in the posting area, but it does not work with the file (it may be a size thing??? as the PDf is ~14MB)

Hmmm...not sure. Try PMing Jackson Creed to see about putting it in the Downloads section. I look forward to seeing the polished product. Incidentally, did you do all of the artwork and diagrams yourself? And have you considered a career in game design? Ive been wondering if Bruce Baugh and White Wolf might be willing to sell or give away the rights to create official Aberrant: Storyteller products. I mean, Eon and NPrime are probably the largest Bastion the game has...

Hmmm...not sure. Try PMing Jackson Creed to see about putting it in the Downloads section. I look forward to seeing the polished product. Incidentally, did you do all of the artwork and diagrams yourself? And have you considered a career in game design? Ive been wondering if Bruce Baugh and White Wolf might be willing to sell or give away the rights to create official Aberrant: Storyteller products. I mean, Eon and NPrime are probably the largest Bastion the game has...

. . .think you could grab the Technocracy rights while your at it? ::sly

Well I PMed JC, we will see. I know he is pretty busy getting everything taken care of for the January 27th deadline. So with luch it will be available before the end of the month. Otherwise I will see about getting it hosted over at NPrime in February.

To answer you question, I did do all of the art and diagrams, but to be fair It took me ages to draw all of it. I spent most of August to December doing almost ONLY art, and just a handful of text edits. PsyberOwl over at NPrime did gobs of review work and critiquing.

Off topic - a bit: the piece of trivia I appreciate the most, is that I now know Indonesian geography much better including where T2M - Asia HQ is located (Talaud Islands)

RE Bruce et. al.: I would love such work, but I don't think they are prepared to sell their IP. They might be willing to license it out, but I am not sure if folks would WANT to buy work of my quality and publish rate. (Emphasis on publish rate) and I tend to have a conservative view of cannon. i.e. I rarely use extreme scenarios. Most of my games ran along mundane lines for my last two campaigns.

This adventure is a polished version of what I ran my players through on their third story. The first being the Storytellers Screen Adventure and the second an adventure I called: Eva.

Well before I over/under sell the adventure, I will wait for it to be uploaded, and see what folks think.

Archived