Aberrant: In Pax We Trust - In Pax We Trust

ezekiel

San Migueleña, Mexico

The phone ringing...

It isn't even light out yet, Dr. Hagbarad Celine looks at the clock by his bed..4:46am..

The phone keeps blaring its wake up call...

Sitting up in his small bed, the Doc clears his throat and answers the phone, "Hello?"

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walking to the shelter

Turning the street corner on to 6th street, a kid in his late teens walks by and slams his shoulder into Steven, "Lazy bum, get a job!"

Enfuriated, Rob starts to turn and run down the kid, when Steven grabs his arm, "Rob, don't bother. He just doesn't know any better. He hasn't experienced life yet, he just doesn't understand, and know matter how hard you try, he's just not ready to yet..."

They continue walking a couple of blocks, then finally reach the shelter and walk in where Steven immediately starts to greet the volunteers, "Hey, Bettie, how's the kids. Brenda, hi, I saw the market is up, I bet your husband's happy..."

Eventually he heads over to the small table they've set up for him and gets ready for his lesson...

"Huh? What da you mean? Minorities? Some bug lovers out there? Fvck, they won't hurt our profits!!"

"I was thinking more the Euopean (pronounced-your a pee'n) market."

B cubed...that is kinda like T2 and X2 though...kinda classy if a bit overdone...About Triple Bugger? We need that Bug in the title Schenk, it's about bugs!"
Christian nods. "I like 'Bug cubed-Thrills to the power of Three!'"

MIT, Cambridge, Mass.

Frank finishes his classes and turns in his essay and heads home with one mother of a headache...here's hoping it won't last 'til the conference tomorrow...

Rubbing his temples, Frank closed the door behind him, dumping his bag on the floor as usual. He'd been trying all day to rid himself of the damn headache, with no luck. Tons of caffeine and acetaminophen coursed through his body, making him very awake, but still with an aching noggin. *Man, no way I can sleep this wired. Gotta burn off some of this energy.*

Changing into his sweats and sneakers, he pulls the hood up on his pullover and heads out. His brisk pace soon finds him at the boxing gym where he usually trains. Nodding in a friendly fashion to the regulars, he slides his pullover over his head, leaving him shirtless. When he was younger, he used to admire his body in the mirror, proud of the muscle....he'd always been a skinny kid, got picked on a lot. Now, without even realizing it, he didn't want to anymore. Subconciously, he avoided seeing his reflection, didn't want to see the scar, that small circle of dead tissue that brought back those memories.

He hit the heavy bag like it was his headache, pouring his heart into every punch. His wrapped hands beat a staccato rhythm on the speedbag, echoing the blood rushing in his temples. Pushups, the jump rope, situps and the medicine ball till he thought he was going to puke, and the pain was still there, throbbing.

Disgusted, he gave up. Clenching his teeth, he didn't even bother with the showers, the headache was so bad he could barely think. The only clear thought he could summon was, *When's this thing gonna go away?!* Normally alert, he walked home in a haze.

Sweet home Atalanta

"Yes, every time I see them. I would like to be able to fly up there and take home one of the crystals." And give it to you, but that last thing he only thought.

"And you Becky? Dont you ever wannt to get away from it all?"

Becky looks at Sam under long eyelashes

"What, and get away from all this?"

She leans in closer...

Later...

a car's suspension is being tested.. ::rolleyes

The next day

Sam is positively beaming with energy despite a bit of a headache. He showers and gets ready to help out at the local soup kitchen...

New York - At the station

Joe enters the station and sees Matt talking to the receptionist

"Mornin' Joe, I saved you a glazed 'nut.."

He offers the nearly empty doughnut box to Joe and heads towards the squad car.

"I'll be in the car.."

New York - I like my coffee like me, bold and sweet.

Lynn fiddles with her fork.. "I uh.. I'm not sure."  "I guess that depends on if you think its a good idea. Either way, I'll take you up on that walk." Sliding out, she grabs her coat and shuffles into it, waving at the waitress for the check.  "Kebabs, you said? You'll have to show me where you get some this time of night." 

Wilson gets up and holds Lynn's old brown leather jacket up for her. Grabbing his own trendy black wool coat he follows her out.

"I'll take that as a "yes". There's a Kebab place open all night near the park."

Stepping outside Wilson flags a cab and they ride it downtown...Wilson tentatively lays a hand on one of her thighs as they talk... ::halo

Mexico, waking to a nightmare

Sitting up in his small bed, the Doc clears his throat and answers the phone, "Hello?"

"Derek?"

A woman's voice full of anguish is heard, one that the good doctor hasn't heard in too long a time. Hearing this much pain coming from the woman he loves sears his heart

"Derek is that you? Oh Gawd, gawd...I've been trying to reach you for hours! No one knew where you were!" ::smiley4

New York - I like my coffee like me, bold and sweet.

Smiling up at him and flushing a bit, she tentatively wraps her arm through his holding onto his upper arm. As the drive passes quickly, she slowly relaxes enough to lean into him while they chat, smiling more openly and losing a bit of her shyness.

Mexico, waking to a nightmare

"Derek?"

A woman's voice full of anguish is heard, one that the good doctor hasn't heard in too long a time. Hearing this much pain coming from the woman he loves sears his heart

*What? No, it couldn't be..*

"Derek is that you? Oh Gawd, gawd...I've been trying to reach you for hours! No one knew where you were!" 

There's a pause, a momentary silence as the Doc's life crashes down around him. Then, in a voice choked with conflicting emotions, "Sam!? How did you... Wait, what's wrong?"

Too much wine and too much Song...

As Christian and Ron eat their dinner, the conversation moves on to things like which actress is on who's couch, the next big studio flop, etc. At the end of the bottle of wine, Christian rubs the back of his neck, frowns and says, "I think I have had too much rotwein, I need to walk it off. Thank you for the company, Ron. " He gets up out of his chair, motioning for Ron to stay seated, and shakes his agents hand. "Call me when you have the specifics of the shoot and I will be there."

Christian picks up the tab, reads it and places the cash in the folder. Still rubbing the back of his neck, he flashes a smile. "Thank you again, Ron." Having noted the price of the wine, he get's out enough money for another bottle and a 25% tip for the entire night.

He walks over to where their waitress is and waits for the right moment. After he catches her attention, he says, holding out the cash for the bottle "I would like to buy my friend another bottle of wine. (appropriate pause) Please forgive him, (holding out the 25% tip and wispering) when he was a child, his father use to drop acid. One time he dropped it on Ron's head, and he never recovered from the concussion." (Perform-joke)

If she is ammused, I'll flash her a 'Harrison Ford' smile. Then continuing to rub the back of his neck, he will head out side, buy a newspaper, and head back home.

New York - At the station

"Mornin' Joe, I saved you a glazed 'nut.."

He offers the nearly empty doughnut box to Joe and heads towards the squad car.

"I'll be in the car.."

Joe scoops up the second to last doughnut and follows Matt to the car, wolfing it down as he goes. Between bites he says,

"Hey, did anyone catch up to those bozos on the lights?"

Joe got into squad car 14, which is actually the 13th car since someone decided to skip number 13, and Matt drove. About two years ago Matt had, again, given up smoking and at the time he had needed something to do with his hands. Since then their habit had been to have Matt drive. Matt was a Irish bear of a man, now days a polar bear since his hair had greyed. But dispite the extra 25 years in age, he was 6 inches taller, 40 pounds heavier, and easily the stronger of the two men. He was also the better driver and seemed to know everyone in the department. Supposedly he could also drink any two men under the table, but in the six years Joe had known him he hadn't touched the stuff.

Joe on the other hand was somewhat more observant and thought on his feet a bit better. A few years ago, at Alice's urging, he had learned Spanish. There was a story behind that which also involved a bet with his father-in-law, but Spanish did sometimes come in handy on the job.

Sweet home Atalanta

Becky looks at Sam under long eyelashes

"What, and get away from all this?"

She leans in closer...

Later...

a car's suspension is being tested..

The next day

Sam is positively beaming with energy despite a bit of a headache. He showers and gets ready to help out at the local soup kitchen...

Singing a little tune for himself he gets on his bike and starts to peddle the three blocks to Mother Abigals kitchen.

Somehow, life dont look half as bad as it did the day befor, and even his astma is not acting up.

New York:

Josh walks up to the thug crawling away and smacks him with a nightstick, the thug collapses without so much as a groan. The (ex)bat-wielding mastadonte is still heard swearing profusely at the pain the gas is causing his eyes. Twisting the nightstick in his hand, the vigilante runs up to the big guy and shoves the shorter end of the nightstick into his stomach. As the perp doubles over Josh easily handcuffs the man and with a quick shove he falls to the ground letting Josh assess the situation...

He still hears coughing from where the Nike youth collapsed after being 'Tased'...two people coughing...

Not wanting to leave himself any potential problems just lying about, Josh still goes over & cable-ties the unconscious guy's wrists behind his back. That done he sneaks over towards the coughing; nightstick held in his left hand, the length up along the outside of his arm, ready for blocking, a taser in his right hand. He makes certain to keep an eye out for the gun he knows the tasered guy was holding. If he spots any of the gangstas with a firearm, he'll shoot first (taser shot to the central body-mass), ask questions later.

NY - It's a bum's life..

Turning the street corner on to 6th street, a kid in his late teens walks by and slams his shoulder into Steven, "Lazy bum, get a job!"

"Lazy!"

Rob's face instantly turns into a mask of fury

"Lazy?! I fought for your fvckin freedom long before you were born asshole! Ya better start runn..!"

Steven grabs his arm, "Rob, don't bother. He just doesn't know any better. He hasn't experienced life yet, he just doesn't understand, and no matter how hard you try, he's just not ready to yet..."

Rob calms down...at least enough to not rip the kids head off just yet.

"That doesn't excuse him for acting like spoilt son of a..."

Rob shakes his head and looks at Steven

"Sorry...*sigh* lack of experience doesn't mean he shouldn't get a slap or two for disrespectin' us Steve...that's what's wrong Steve. kids get away with everything nowadays, they've got no respect..."

Later..

They continue walking a couple of blocks, then finally reach the shelter and walk in where Steven immediately starts to greet the volunteers, "Hey, Bettie, how's the kids. Brenda, hi, I saw the market is up, I bet your husband's happy..."

Bettie chuckles

"Only one more semester before Charlie finally finishes highschool and runs off to college. Wants to be an architect. At least I think that's what she wants this week...John's still doing acting at the Actors Studio on that scholarship you helped him get. When're you coming over for dinner by the way?"

Brenda smiles

"Hello Steven! Michael's doing fine, thank you...invested in some japanese firm employing Novas, if you can imagine that. ::sarcasm Would you and your friend like some coffee?"

Rob, under Steven's guidance, starts teaching...

P.S. Mein gott! Did you know that tuition fees this year are over 24500US$/year (three year program) for the Actors Studio Drama School?

Ahhhh Hollywood

Christian nods. "I like 'Bug cubed-Thrills to the power of Three!'"

Ron nods

"BuGubed - thrills to the power of three, hmmm...the 'three' might confuse some fans and make them look for a number two...I like it! If its a success we can make a prequel/sequel! I'll see what Roh-Bear thinks of it.."

"Thank you again, Ron."

Ron, talking with his hands to a mesmerized bimbo (the like who'd love to star in a movie no matter how low brow) looks up

"Huh? No problem Chris, try to get in character this week. Bye...now, what were we talking of...of yeah, its not easy breakin' into the movie business..."

"Ah huh?" ::wub

He walks over to where their waitress is and waits for the right moment. After he catches her attention, he says, holding out the cash for the bottle "I would like to buy my friend another bottle of wine. (appropriate pause) Please forgive him, (holding out the 25% tip and wispering) when he was a child, his father use to drop acid. One time he dropped it on Ron's head, and he never recovered from the concussion." (Perform-joke)

The waitress laughs

"I'll bring the bottle over to him, no problem...hey, haven't I seen you somewhere?"

MIT, It's not a tumah!

Disgusted, he gave up. Clenching his teeth, he didn't even bother with the showers, the headache was so bad he could barely think. The only clear thought he could summon was, *When's this thing gonna go away?!* Normally alert, he walked home in a haze.

That night Frank barely sleeps at all, the pain just wouldn't go away and thinking of the impending conference tomorrow didn't help. Would a nova actually be there? Will this headache ever go away? Will...between two blinks Frank manages to sleep barely over an hour before its time to get up again...

NYC - Would you like to come up for a cup of...

The cab slows to a stop on corner of Columbus and West 83rd street. Wilson leans forward and pays the cabbie before stepping out and running around the cab to open the door for Lynn.

"I hope you enjoyed your ride, madam? The Sultan is waiting for you..."

Walking down 83rd a bit the couple find on their right a small, unassuming turkish restaurant, called The Sultan, selling kebabs directly on the street as take-away. Grabbing their kebabs the couple walk across Central Park's Great Lawn all the way up to Turtle Pond and sit on bench overlooking the beautiful lake.

"Its a bit chilly tonight..."

Wilson scoots closer to Lynn as their conversation continues...

Mexican nightmare

There's a pause, a momentary silence as the Doc's life crashes down around him. Then, in a voice choked with conflicting emotions, "Sam!? How did you... Wait, what's wrong?"

It takes almost a minute before the doctor manages to calm her enough to keep coherent

"Oh gawd Derek, I just don't know what to do! They said not to call the police, that they'd kill him! Please...please come home! Come to New-York, I just don't know what to do! Matt's talking to some friends who know some people who...who've been through this before but...oh gawd...Jason!"

NYPD battery

Joe scoops up the second to last doughnut and follows Matt to the car, wolfing it down as he goes. Between bites he says,

"Hey, did anyone catch up to those bozos on the lights?"

Mona, the receptionist, looks in the box

"Are you going to leave that?"

She reaches and grabs the last doughnut with plump fingers and bites into the cream-filled pastry. Licking the filling off of her upper lip she answers with her mouth still half full

"Nah, there was a pretty good accident yesterday so nobody got around to it. Probably just some juvies doing a prank...if it happens again we'll put someone on it..."

She stuffs the rest of the doughnut in her mouth and sucks on her fingertips as Joe heads for the car.

Matt drives as usual and soon stops in front of a café.

"Y'know, I could really use a good cup of coffee for once...You mind gettin' me a double espresso to go? Here, your coffee's on me..."

As Joe slowly heads back from the Café a few minutes later the radio chimes in

"Adam fourteen code two."

Matt takes the radio and answers

"Fourteen, code two, go ahead."

"We got a report of a disturbance at 112A Baker Street. Break-"

"Go ahead"

"Suspect is the victim's husband, Sanchez, Sylvio, report as hispanic, 5 foot eleven, 230, black and brown, Break-"

"Go ahead."

"Has served 4 months for assault/breaking the peace."

"Who's my RP?"

"Report came from a neighbor, 112C, name: Partridge, Claire."

"Copy, I'm en route."

Matt hangs up the microphone and waves Joe back in

"C'mon, little dick on line one, your kind."

Your kind...code between the two for hispanic. Matt never bothered to learn any spanish. He figured that the badge should be enough communication for anyone...

Atlanta, home of the homeless

Taunya, another volunteer, spots Sam coming into the kitchen

"Hey Sam, you're looking chipper this morning? Djou get laid or something? ::biggrin "

She nods at the vegetables

"You're on potato duty today Potter. By the way, you comin' to the shelter tonight? Its Charlene's birthday tonight, we all pitched in and bought her something...dunno what, Cindy got it..."

New York, eye of the storm

Not wanting to leave himself any potential problems just lying about, Josh still goes over & cable-ties the unconscious guy's wrists behind his back. That done he sneaks over towards the coughing; nightstick held in his left hand, the length up along the outside of his arm, ready for blocking, a taser in his right hand. He makes certain to keep an eye out for the gun he knows the tasered guy was holding. If he spots any of the gangstas with a firearm, he'll shoot first (taser shot to the central body-mass), ask questions later.

"Fvck, my eyes are fvckin melting!"

Josh steps over the huge pistol the kid tried to pull earlier and finds the boy he tasered on ground, still weak from the taser shot and now gagging in the gas. The other boy is walking away, shirt over his mouth though Josh knows that that doesn't do much unless you bothered to douse your shirt in vinegar beforehand...

The boy on the ground is cable-tied in short order and the vigilante then turns his attention to the one stumbling away. Seeing that he's unarmed he lets the nightstick drop a bit in his hand, handle sticking out as a hook, and runs up to him. The gang member only has time to turn around though it's anyone's guess as to how much he can see in the gas pouring around him. Ducking low the vigilante hooks the boys leg with the nightstick and pulls stiffly. The boy drops to the ground with an *oomph* and is cable tied in the following seconds...

Atlanta, home of the homeless

Taunya, another volunteer, spots Sam coming into the kitchen

"Hey Sam, you're looking chipper this morning? Djou get laid or something?  "

She nods at the vegetables

"You're on potato duty today Potter. By the way, you comin' to the shelter tonight? Its Charlene's birthday tonight, we all pitched in and bought her something...dunno what, Cindy got it..."

Sam walks into the kitchen when he hears Taunyas (Tanya?) question and quickly gets crimson red.

"No, just happy thats all"

Samuel walks up to the table and starts hacking up the vegetables to the stew, looking sourly at the potatos.

"I dont know T, I might be busy but Il do my best. So, hows the clientel tonight? Happy as always?"

NYPD battery

Matt drives as usual and soon stops in front of a café.

"Y'know, I could really use a good cup of coffee for once...You mind gettin' me a double espresso to go? Here, your coffee's on me..."

Joe comes back with two double coffees, and hands over one. Then he fishes in the glove compartment for the old bottle of aspirin he noticed a few months ago, pops two and swallows them with a big swig of coffee.

Matt comments,

"Late night bender?"

Joe responds,

"Late night, but only a headache. Ex-girlfriend claimed caffeine and aspirin are good for this sort of thing, not that it ever helped with her." ::sly

[after the radio call]

Joe comments,

"Our old friend domestic disturbance, the same in any language. Any guesses on who will be bailing him out tonight?" ::crazy

Apartment of Frank DeLucia, Cambridge, Mass.

That night Frank barely sleeps at all, the pain just wouldn't go away and thinking of the impending conference tomorrow didn't help. Would a nova actually be there? Will this headache ever go away? Will...between two blinks Frank manages to sleep barely over an hour before its time to get up again...

Miserable and exhausted, Frank manages to sit up, staring blearily at the clock on the ancient oven. For a minute, all he can do is argue with himself about attending the conference, or just trying to go back to sleep. *No sleep, killer headache, you'll be lucky if you can even understand what they're saying. On the other hand, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be near and maybe even talk to some of the most brilliant minds on earth! Worst-case, you can just take your tape recorder and record the whole thing to listen to later...come on, man, get up!*

Groaning, Frank pushes himself to his feet. Pulling off the sweaty clothes he slept in, he takes longer in the shower than normal, then lags brushing his teeth and shaving. Not really able to do anything about the circles under his eyes, he does use some eyedrops to try ridding some of the redness. With a sigh and a grumble, he grabs three canned espresso drinks from the fridge, a 2-day old donut, his sunglasses, tape recorder and ID badge for the conference, then stumbles out the door and on his way.

He croaks out a tired chuckle as a thought strikes him. *Maybe they're smart enough to help with my headache.*

"I hope you enjoyed your ride, madam? The Sultan is waiting for you..."

"I am sincerely hoping, that's the name of the Kebab place." ::tongue

Immediately nibbling on hers as they walk, she slides her hand into Wilson's.

Wilson scoots closer to Lynn as their conversation continues...

::wink "Conserving energy! Good idea." Smiling up at him, she laughs at his jokes and listens attentively to his stories, leaning into his side for warmth. ::wub

As the night wears on and the shock from earlier events bear down on her she tries to withhold the need for sleep. Eventually, after a rather harsh stiffled yawn, she, sadly, stands to throw her kebab stick in the trash.

"Walk me home? I'm dead tired. You may not have to work tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I do. Not to mention, I'll have to go visit my mom early tomorrow."

Looking around herself at the romantic atmosphere, "Thank you, Wilson. It was a beautiful evening." Kissing him on the cheek, she ducks her head under his arm and wraps hers around his waist.

"Ready for the adventure that is walking in my neighborhood?" ::biggrin "I promise I'll protect youse from unwarranted attacks." ::devilangel

Atlanta

Samuel walks up to the table and starts hacking up the vegetables to the stew, looking sourly at the potatos.

"I dont know T, I might be busy but Il do my best. So, hows the clientel tonight? Happy as always?"

Taunya (no typo) is cutting up some onions as she answers

"Oh, got some plans for tonight? Ol Bob's as cranky as always but the others are as happy as can be expected..."

NYC - A cycle of "love"

Joe comments,

"Our old friend domestic disturbance, the same in any language. Any guesses on who will be bailing him out tonight?" 

Matt shakes his head cynically

"The wife who believes the fvckhead actually loves her and will change, as promised. I swear, the day one of those scum actually tries to resist arrest..."

Matt doesn't finish but the implication is there.

Arriving on Baker Street, Matt stops the car in front of 112 and steps out. Looking at the door he talks into his radio strapped to his shoulder.

"Arrived on scene, code four for now."

At the entrance he rings 112C. A woman's voice replies through the intercom

"Yes?"

"Police miss Partridge, you called about a disturbance?"

"Oh yes! They've just stopped..."

The door unlocks with a Buzz and Matt steps in. A small apartment building, A across from B...Partridge must've heard it through her floor. Matt walks over to 112A and knocks on the door. A muffled man's voice is heard then:

"Who is it?"

Matt looks at the the peephole and speaks authoritatively

"Police, open up."

Silence...

"The fvck you want?"

"I want you to open up...now."

Matt glances at Joe, maybe the guy was actually going to resist after all?

MIT - life changing meeting of minds

Groaning, Frank pushes himself to his feet. Pulling off the sweaty clothes he slept in, he takes longer in the shower than normal, then lags brushing his teeth and shaving. Not really able to do anything about the circles under his eyes, he does use some eyedrops to try ridding some of the redness. With a sigh and a grumble, he grabs three canned espresso drinks from the fridge, a 2-day old donut, his sunglasses, tape recorder and ID badge for the conference, then stumbles out the door and on his way.

He croaks out a tired chuckle as a thought strikes him. *Maybe they're smart enough to help with my headache.*

Frank headed over to the auditorium where the conference was to be held. Outside there was least two dozens news vans with reporters talking to the networks through cameras about the impending conference. Stepping through the door Frank hears a familiar voice.

"Hey Frank! Whoah, you look like shit...Did you go partying or something?"

John looked frank up and down then smiles excitedly

"Hey, guess what?! Sten Johannson is here! The freelancer who helped PU plug the hole in the ozone layer? He can actually alter the atomic structure of things! This is going to be one hell of a conference! C'mon, Daintree's holding our seats.."

John leads Frank into the auditorium. The first thing he notices is that the press weren't allowed into the building and only the school's best were in the room. Five rows from the front stood Professor Daintree talking to another man and there...at the conference table...sat a man positively vibrant. A Nova! Frank couldn't believe his eyes! He was just there, talking to a pretty woman in her forties and an older man sat on his right, drinking a glass of water.

The professor spots Frank and John walking down the auditorium and greets them

"Ah, and here come my protégés...Mike, meet Frank DeLucia and John Langley. Frank, John, this is Professor Stanton. One of MIT's nuclear physicists..."

Stanton's enthusiasm isn't quaffed by his stature

"Can you believe that that man right there can change the very structure of matter on an atomic level! Just think of the possibilities! This is going to be very interesting..."

"Walk me home? I'm dead tired. You may not have to work tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I do. Not to mention, I'll have to go visit my mom early tomorrow."

Looking around herself at the romantic atmosphere, "Thank you, Wilson. It was a beautiful evening." Kissing him on the cheek, she ducks her head under his arm and wraps hers around his waist.

Not settling for a mere peck Wilson places a finger under her chin and gently lifts her head up, looking into her eyes. Positively devouring her with his eyes he kisses her, passionately... ::wub

Ready for the adventure that is walking in my neighborhood?"  "I promise I'll protect youse from unwarranted attacks."

Wilson's eyes dart from her eyes to her mouth and back again, not settling anywhere.

"My place isn't far from here...how about we walk there and then I can give you a lift home?"

Not settling for a mere peck Wilson places a finger under her chin and gently lifts her head up, looking into her eyes. Positively devouring her with his eyes he kisses her, passionately...

::wub ::blush ::biggrin *Wow, breath, Lynn. Not a good time to faint.*

Wilson's eyes dart from her eyes to her mouth and back again, not settling anywhere.

"My place isn't far from here...how about we walk there and then I can give you a lift home?"

::blush "Sounds great, Wilson." *Jeez, who would have thought it* Staring up at him doe-eyed, she follows him happily. ::wub

Atlanta

Taunya (no typo) is cutting up some onions as she answers

"Oh, got some plans for tonight? Ol Bob's as cranky as always but the others are as happy as can be expected..."

Perhaps Il meet Becky, dont know, Il call her later and see if she is free.

Oh, Bob, is his rheumatism getting worse?

So, anything cool happened? I heard some nova was in town at some convention, you know anything about that?

NYC:

Josh makes sure that all the gangstas that are still about are either cable-tied or handcuffed, then checks them to make certain none have any serious injuries. As he does all that he mutters into his comm' - so quietly that the gangstas, especially distracted as they should be by the gas, shouldn't notice,

"Looks like stupidity & luck turned out okay for me this time, but it's not going to last. Start another shopping list for The Fixer - a Daewoo Precision Industries USAS-12, one of the older import types with the larger magazine / drum capacity, & make sure it's a fully-auto' model. Add to that a laser sighting system or, if he can get it, a full land-warrior set-up. Mate a 37mm grenade tube to the gun as well - those baton rounds should prove helpful, even if The Fixer's tear gas grenades were out-of-date by the mid-fifties. Maybe he can get hold of some of the more modern versions, with enough persuasion. Get a couple of crates of rubber buckshot for the USAS-12: it uses 12 guage 2¾" length cartridges, & I know that PMC, at least, make rubber buckshot, as well as a variety of other less-than-lethal ammo' types, in that shell size."

"Note down some new armour as well. Some of that multi-layer stuff - Kevlar & Nomex weave with fibreglass trauma-plate inserts should do it. If he can get hold of the land-warrior systems, make sure we get the HUD & comm's gear as well, that could prove very helpful."

When [if] he completes his 'chores', Josh hauls one of the conscious gangstas up by his lapels (or equivalent, depending on what the guy is wearing) & asks him what the origin of the violence is. He'll ask the guy with the big gun, if he's conscious, otherwise he'll settle for one of the others.

Mexican nightmare

It takes almost a minute before the doctor manages to calm her enough to keep coherent

"Oh gawd Derek, I just don't know what to do! They said not to call the police, that they'd kill him! Please...please come home! Come to New-York, I just don't know what to do! Matt's talking to some friends who know some people who...who've been through this before but...oh gawd...Jason!"

The Doc's whole body goes cold, and mechanically he moves to the driver's seat, starts up the big RV and heads north, while talking very calmly and clearly to his ex-wife on the hands-free set, "Listen to me, Sam. Tell me exactly what's happened to Jason. I'm on my way, but it's going to take a while. In the meantime, I need you to tell me everything you know. Can you do that for me?"

MIT, Cambridge, Mass.

Frank headed over to the auditorium where the conference was to be held. Outside there was least two dozens news vans with reporters talking to the networks through cameras about the impending conference. Stepping through the door Frank hears a familiar voice.

"Hey Frank! Whoah, you look like shit...Did you go partying or something?"

Shaking his head, Frank waves away John's concern, but his friend is already talking again.

John looked frank up and down then smiles excitedly

"Hey, guess what?! Sten Johannson is here! The freelancer who helped PU plug the hole in the ozone layer? He can actually alter the atomic structure of things! This is going to be one hell of a conference! C'mon, Daintree's holding our seats.."

John leads Frank into the auditorium. The first thing he notices is that the press weren't allowed into the building and only the school's best were in the room. Five rows from the front stood Professor Daintree talking to another man and there...at the conference table...sat a man positively vibrant. A Nova! Frank couldn't believe his eyes! He was just there, talking to a pretty woman in her forties and an older man sat on his right, drinking a glass of water.

The professor spots Frank and John walking down the auditorium and greets them

"Ah, and here come my protégés...Mike, meet Frank DeLucia and John Langley. Frank, John, this is Professor Stanton. One of MIT's nuclear physicists..."

Stanton's enthusiasm isn't quaffed by his stature

"Can you believe that that man right there can change the very structure of matter on an atomic level! Just think of the possibilities! This is going to be very interesting..."

Smiling politely, Frank offers his hand during the introductions, but his attention kept drifting to Johannson. Amazed, even with the headache his mind was racing. *Able to control matter?! Change atomic structures?! What are the limits? How long do the changes last, what sort of new compounds or materials has he created?Wait, can he see at the atomic level, or is it through another method? It's impossible to believe, but the evidence of novas control over quantum and primary forces is well-documented. Simply incredible! Hmm...I wonder if he can fly?* That last thought, almost childlike in nature, sticks out to Frank. He grins, laughing inside to himself. *They can't all fly, dummy. Even in the comics, not everyone could fly. It'd be nice, though.*

Forcing his attention back to the faculty in front of him, he makes small talk and noises of agreement until the conference starts.

NYC - A cycle of "love"

"The wife who believes the fvckhead actually loves her and will change, as promised. I swear, the day one of those scum actually tries to resist arrest..."

Matt doesn't finish but the implication is there.

Joe responds,

“Easy there. Can’t help ‘em if they won’t help themselves.”

"Oh yes! They've just stopped...",,

The door unlocks with a Buzz and Matt steps in. A small apartment building, A across from B...Partridge must've heard it through her floor. Matt walks over to 112A and knocks on the door.

Joe glanced at both 112B and noticed the peephole in the door is dark. Presumably the neighbor has her eye to the hole to watch the excitement.

Both of them hated calls like this. ALL cops hated calls like this. Passion ran high and both of the idiots involved could and would do irrational things. Joe’s joke about the wife bailing out the husband wasn’t funny... nor was it really a joke. It would be easy for one or both of the couple to attack the cops for the sin of getting between the two of them, but they were going to do that any way.

Matt glances at Joe, maybe the guy was actually going to resist after all?
Joe frowns back, waits a moment, then yells,

"The whole neighborhood heard the two of you. Open it up right now!"

Maybe they could get the woman into a shelter. Maybe pigs would grow wings and fly. More likely bozo on the other side of the door didn’t want to display his wife’s fresh bruises... or she needed to taken to the ER.

Ahhhh Hollywood

The waitress laughs

I'll flash her a 'Harrison Ford' smile.

hey, haven't I seen you somewhere?"

Humble, Christian says:"Most reacently, I was a comentator for the Summer Olympics. Before that, I acted in a few movies and participated in the '88 Olympics, the Pentathlon." ::smokin

It begins...

NYC - Coffee?

Wilson and Lynn walk arm in arm to his apartment. Through pretense of needing to get his keys in the apartment the couple step inside. Wilson lives alone with a doctor's salary and has taste. The place is a real bachelor pad with paintings specially lit to accentuate the colors, a big aquarium filled with tropical fish and even some plants livening up the place with some color and fresh air. Soon the need for a lift is forgotten... ::wub

NYC - Saving a brother from a stupid mistake

Josh hauls one of the conscious gangstas up by his lapels (or equivalent, depending on what the guy is wearing) & asks him what the origin of the violence is. He'll ask the guy with the big gun, if he's conscious, otherwise he'll settle for one of the others.

The hand cannon's owner is indeed conscious, if still a bit dazed (and the gas doesn't help...Josh knows he'd better hurry before the cops get here.) Simply bauling his eyes out and complaining about the burning in his eyes, the kid answers

"They killed my bro man! He's dead! They killed my brother..." ::smiley4 ::smiley4

Mexico - a long drive...

"Listen to me, Sam. Tell me exactly what's happened to Jason. I'm on my way, but it's going to take a while. In the meantime, I need you to tell me everything you know. Can you do that for me?"

Derek can almost feel her nodding on the other end of the line and she snifs

"I..I'll try Derek...Matt and I were sleeping when I thought I'd heard a noise. I woke him up and...and he got up to look. Then I heard him cry out and...Gawd! And some other man's voice. I ran into the room with my bedlamp in my hand and Matt was on the floor holding his stomach! A man was standing over him with a gun in his hand. He kicked him in the stomach and pointed the gun at me. He said if I wanted Jason to live...he new his name! *snif* the Matt and I better shut up and listen. He said that if we wanted him to live then we'd better not call the cops 'cause they'll know and if we do he's dead. They told us that it'll cost half a million in 3 days for them to bother to keep feeding him and know we mean business. Another half a million in two weeks to get him back! Gawd, gawd, I don't know what to do! I don't even know why I called you! I, I'm sorry Derek, I just don't know what to do!"

MIT - moronic geniuses?

Smiling politely, Frank offers his hand during the introductions, but his attention kept drifting to Johannson. Amazed, even with the headache his mind was racing. *Able to control matter?! Change atomic structures?! What are the limits? How long do the changes last, what sort of new compounds or materials has he created?Wait, can he see at the atomic level, or is it through another method? It's impossible to believe, but the evidence of novas control over quantum and primary forces is well-documented. Simply incredible! Hmm...I wonder if he can fly?* That last thought, almost childlike in nature, sticks out to Frank. He grins, laughing inside to himself. *They can't all fly, dummy. Even in the comics, not everyone could fly. It'd be nice, though.*

Forcing his attention back to the faculty in front of him, he makes small talk and noises of agreement until the conference starts.

Carl M. Feist, MIT president of noble bearing, steps up to the microphone after a brief chat with the three at the table.

"Ahem...Good morning fellow colleagues, Nobel laureats, students, scholars and luminaries all. I've often spoken to you all of our responsibilities as scientists. As a member of the family that is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology I've oft beseeched you, colleagues, past graduates and future graduates: Ponder the unthinkable. Question the Status Quo. Live in the world as well as in your own nation. Dream of a better future, but contribute to the present. Share your talents. Commune with all people..."

Many in the room applaud enthusiastically at this reprisal of his usual inspirational speeches. The president raises a hand and the clapping soon recedes into respectful silence.

"It is my pleasure today to present to you people who truly uphold these ideals. Men and...woman..who recently closed the hole in the ozone layer!"

He adds the singular tongue in cheek but the woman sitting at the table quickly speaks into the microphone in front of her as she laughs

"Oh it's safe to say women...I'm not the only woman working with Project Utopia, far from it."

"And Pratima probably wouldn't like it if she didn't get any credit." ::wink

There's a sudden buzz in the room as people mutter about the Nova who just spoke. That sure sounded pretty normal for a Nova..

"So, men and women..who truly uphold these ideals have recently been true to their words and cleaned up the atmosphere. Operation Clean Sweep is a brilliant success! However, not to worry for all of us who aren't meterologists...today we are to talk about scientific breakthroughs in the development of new materials for our engineering students to play with. I have the pleasure to present to you the head of Project Utopia's prestigious Science and Technology department, Dr. Bodil Sutherland. With him are MIT's own Dr. Jasmine DeLois, now head of PU's Material's Engineering branch..and..as I'm sure you have noticed, we are honoured to be in the presence of one of the worlds very few Novas, Dr. Sten Johansson."

President Feist holds up a stack of papers with a wry smile

"I know its customary for the host to read through his conference speakers' curriculums to impress the heck out of you all... (laughter in the room) but I'm afraid that if I start reading now it'll be lunch time before I allow them to speak. (more laughter) So, without further ado, Dr. Bodil Sutherland, would you like to start now?"

"With pleasure.."

The grey haired man with goldrimmed glasses steps up to the podium under the applause of the attending crowd. He starts talking about Project Utopia's Science & Technology division in General. How it works, how candidates are chosen, their ideals, what they've accomplished so far. Operation Clean Sweep is by far the most impressive so far but much more was on PUs checklist of things to be done. Some skepticism remained in the room about PUs ability to clean the oceans for example but then the Ozone layer had been fixed...as the audience kept pondering the possibility of PU's impending projects, Sutherland left the podium to Delois.

Delois was a thin, pretty woman with graying brown hair tied up in a knot. Silver earrings glittered under the lights as she got into some technical readouts of new material possibilities. Frank looked at the projector screen and didn't even bother taking notes...was this what all the hooplah was about? DeLois kept talking to a crowd eating up everything she said as Frank got more and more annoyed, these were all obvious jumps from everything he knew!

"One problem we've encountered is..."

Delois switched screens on the powerpoint presentation. Frank kept wondering if she was playing some joke on the crowd, testing them somehow. Even with his headache it all seemed so obvious. He looked at his neighbors but even Daintree and Stanton had their brows furrowed low and scribbled furiously on their pads. The solution was just there!

NYC - A cycle of "love"

Joe frowns back, waits a moment, then yells,

"The whole neighborhood heard the two of you. Open it up right now!"

Maybe they could get the woman into a shelter. Maybe pigs would grow wings and fly. More likely bozo on the other side of the door didn’t want to display his wife’s fresh bruises... or she needed to taken to the ER.

"I don't know what you mean...just lemme get dressed, puerco."

Matt listens at the door then suddenly backs away from it.

"Fvck, I think he just opened a window! Run out there kid, I'll see if she's okay!"

Matt rams the door with little effect...after throwing himself for a fourth time at the door it drops from its hinges. Joe can barely hear him scream from inside the room as he starts running outside...

"Awww Christ!"

Hollywood, my name's Holly Wool

Humble, Christian says:"Most reacently, I was a comentator for the Summer Olympics. Before that, I acted in a few movies and participated in the '88 Olympics, the Pentathlon." 

The waitress laughs again

"Oh my god! You're the guy from Bugman BnG aren't you?! My friends and I laughed our asses off looking at that! Awesome! Hey...I'm about finished, you doing anything now? There's a screening of Plan 9 from Outer Space downtown I've been meaning to see. Didn't think I'd see it with an expert though ::wink ...It starts at midnight. I'm supposed to meet a friend there, wanna come?"

Hollywood, my name's Holly Wool

There's a screening of Plan 9 from Outer Space downtown I've been meaning to see. Didn't think I'd see it with an expert though  ...It starts at midnight. I'm supposed to meet a friend there, wanna come?"

"Sounds like fun, I havent seen that movie since ti was on MST3K. I'll step outside to get some fresh air and we can go when your ready. ::bigsmile "

Delois was a thin, pretty woman with graying brown hair tied up in a knot. Silver earrings glittered under the lights as she got into some technical readouts of new material possibilities. Frank looked at the projector screen and didn't even bother taking notes...was this what all the hooplah was about? DeLois kept talking to a crowd eating up everything she said as Frank got more and more annoyed, these were all obvious jumps from everything he knew!

"One problem we've encountered is..."

Delois switched screens on the powerpoint presentation. Frank kept wondering if she was playing some joke on the crowd, testing them somehow. Even with his headache it all seemed so obvious. He looked at his neighbors but even Daintree and Stanton had their brows furrowed low and scribbled furiously on their pads. The solution was just there!

Crossing his arms, Frank was too well-raised to just get up and leave, but looking around, and then back at the presentation, he couldn't help but say something to somebody. He nudged John sitting next to him, and whispered, "I know they're super-geniuses and all, but do they really think it's necessary to dumb it down for us poor baselines? I mean, c'mon, did anyone even review their lecture beforehand? This is insulting to MIT! I can't believe Daintree and Stanton are just playing along with this, pretending to take notes. Total bullshit."

Mexico- The angry doctor...

Derek can almost feel her nodding on the other end of the line and she snifs

"I..I'll try Derek...Matt and I were sleeping when I thought I'd heard a noise. I woke him up and...and he got up to look. Then I heard him cry out and...Gawd! And some other man's voice. I ran into the room with my bedlamp in my hand and Matt was on the floor holding his stomach! A man was standing over him with a gun in his hand. He kicked him in the stomach and pointed the gun at me. He said if I wanted Jason to live...he new his name! *snif* the Matt and I better shut up and listen. He said that if we wanted him to live then we'd better not call the cops 'cause they'll know and if we do he's dead. They told us that it'll cost half a million in 3 days for them to bother to keep feeding him and know we mean business. Another half a million in two weeks to get him back! Gawd, gawd, I don't know what to do! I don't even know why I called you! I, I'm sorry Derek, I just don't know what to do!"

Fire swims before the Doc's eyes, and he tenses up, angry beyond anything he's ever felt before. His knuckles whiten as his grip on the steering while tightens. Pain flares under his skin as his scars are stretched by contracting muscles. He can feel his teeth grinding against each other as words fail to emerge from his mouth, so great is his rage...

NYC - Coffee?

Drifting awake slowly, Lynn stares up at the unfamiliar ceiling. *Hmm, Well now, this is interesting. Sheesh, Lynn. What a time to start things with a friend. Your mom is sick and dying in the nursing home and you are sleeping in a guy's bed. Where's your sense responsibility?*

Rubbing her eyes gingerly, she rolls out of bed. Grabbing Wilson's shirt she shrugs into buttoning it quickly. "Forget being responsible. Enjoy the moment for once," she mutters to herself as she heads off to find the coffee machine.

"Need a cup of joe, hopefully today will be on par with yesterday." Smiling smugly to herself she grabs a cup and heads off to wake up sleeping beauty.

NYC - A cycle of "love"

Matt listens at the door then suddenly backs away from it.

"Fvck, I think he just opened a window! Run out there kid, I'll see if she's okay!"

Matt rams the door with little effect...after throwing himself for a fourth time at the door it drops from its hinges. Joe can barely hear him scream from inside the room as he starts running outside...

"Awww Christ!"

*That didn’t sound good. ER or morgue, * Joe thought grimly as he sprinted to the front door of the building. As he ran Joe kept in mind what direction the apartment faced so he would know which direction to turn when he got to the street. Another thought occurred to him,

*Or he just did someone else and he doesn’t want to be in the lock up when we find out. *

Reaching the building entrance, with a vengeance, his headache returned.

*Ow. Better focus, Serve & Protect, and I am the city, and all that.*

Joe focused on moving quickly and got ready to draw his weapon. He’d been practicing with this one since shortly after graduation, it was like an extension of his arm.

Perhaps Il meet Becky, dont know, Il call her later and see if she is free.

Oh, Bob, is his rheumatism getting worse?

So, anything cool happened? I heard some nova was in town at some convention, you know anything about that?

Taunya looks up

"Don't remind me! I had to remind myself this morning that people depend on me to eat today, else I'd definitely be there! Oh and Bob? Who knows, I always just thought he was born complaining. I just give him his bowl and hope he doesn't bite..."

Taunya grins

"So maybe you'll be busy tonight? With Becky? This hasn't got anything to do with your being perky this morning has it?"

Hollywood B-Fest!

"Sounds like fun, I havent seen that movie since ti was on MST3K. I'll step outside to get some fresh air and we can go when your ready.  "

After about a quarter of an hour Holly (for that is her name) steps out and looks at Schenk.

"Heya! I'm Holly by the way.."

They walk down a couple of blocks towards a small cinema with a line of people waiting on the curb. Eyeing the line she screams out

"Hey Mark! I'm here!"

A tall, handsome, blond surfer dude waves back and Holly leads Christian towards him.

"Hey Mark, look who I found at the restaurant? Mark, meet Christian Schenk, Christian meet Mark." ::devilangel

MIT - moronic geniuses?

Crossing his arms, Frank was too well-raised to just get up and leave, but looking around, and then back at the presentation, he couldn't help but say something to somebody. He nudged John sitting next to him, and whispered, "I know they're super-geniuses and all, but do they really think it's necessary to dumb it down for us poor baselines? I mean, c'mon, did anyone even review their lecture beforehand? This is insulting to MIT! I can't believe Daintree and Stanton are just playing along with this, pretending to take notes. Total bullshit."

John barely glances at Frank.

"Good one Frank..now shut up, I'm listening. If you're so smart why don't you take a mic and show them?"

NYC - More coffee?

"Need a cup of joe, hopefully today will be on par with yesterday." Smiling smugly to herself she grabs a cup and heads off to wake up sleeping beauty.

Wilson smiles beatifically at the beauty in front of him as he wakes up groggily.

"Hey darling, is it time for your lift already? It's barely six!"

He grabs her arm and pulls her down on the bed for a big wet one. ::wub

"Y'know, I've been meaning to do this for some time... -he kisses her again and looks at the clock with a sigh - lemme get a quick shower and I'll drive you."

The couple walk out, arm in arm, Wilson still devouring Lynn with her eyes and making her want to melt. ::wub All seems bliss when...

Scrreeeech!!

Out of nowhere a camper RV slams into the couple!

darkness..

Pain! What's that throbbing in my head? Lynn opens her eyes, she could hear the steam rising from a now dead engine...this couldn't be good. Turning her head slightly she could see Wilson, blood everywhere...Wilson! Not now! Not after yesterday! He was out of reach, thrown halfway across the street by the impact...was he even alive?

Something was on her leg...she couldn't move. Looking down she now saw that the camper RV was on top of it, crushing it. Wilson! She looks up towards him, reaching with her right arm desperately, crying...a crunching noise...her hand pulls at the pavement and her arm detaches itself from its socket! It scoots over to Wilson, slowly...Lynn just gawks at it, baffled, forgetting her pain. Wilson! Her arm reaches him and feels his neck...a pulse! Lynn could feel a pulse, weak but there!

Lynn felt something odd pushing out of her side...with a *plop* a lump of flesh jumped out of her side and small legs grow out of it. It runs towards Wilson and immediately divided into two smaller "creatures". Eyes popped out of them on eye stalks and they started inspecting Wilsons body avidly and Lynn's arm stroked his hair as she cried and looked on. One of the "creatures" grew a scissor-like arm and started cutting Wilson's clothes. The other creature inserted a tendril into one of his wounds. Within seconds Wilson starts coughing.

"Ly...Lynn?"

He shakes his head as the "creatures" keep working on him. One of the creatures walks back towards Lynn and looks at her leg, shaking its "head". The eyestalks turn towards Lynn and a mouth grows on its head.

"Wilson will make it, mistress, but I'm afraid I don't have the strength to lift this vehicle. Would you mind terribly if I removed your leg?"

Lynn is still too shocked to answer, she feels Wilson's hair in her hand, meters away, how could this be happening?! A scuttling sound is heard, like leaves rustling in the wind. The eyes on the creature nearest her widen.

"Ah! Ingenious madam, I'll get to work on it right away!"

Looking down Lynn could see that she'd somehow moved her leg out from under the vehicle, but the damage was extensive...amputation would be quite probable at the emergency room, yet the creature, looking more and more "human" as its eyestalks shrink back into the head and it gained anthropomorphical features, started working on the leg, cutting her pants off with a scissor-like arm. She shudders as a small tendril is inserted in her leg, warmth suffused throughout her body...or almost throughout...her arm was still with Wilson...

NYC - You can run...

Reaching the building entrance, with a vengeance, his headache returned.

*Ow. Better focus, Serve & Protect, and I am the city, and all that.*

Joe focused on moving quickly and got ready to draw his weapon. He’d been practicing with this one since shortly after graduation, it was like an extension of his arm.

Real subtle Alex...ooh, I am erupting, focus on things unsissy like...oohh wish I could fly, ooh! ::wink

The headache hit like a sledgehammer! Joe collapsed to the ground holding his head.

*Running down an alley, blood on his clothes*

In shock, Joe realised that his hands were in the sidewalk. He was sinking in! He screams!

Darkness

*Keep running bastard, I'm on to you*

a split second later

Light! Joe sees a man's feet running towards him, his eyes being on ground level. The man halts as Joe rises out of the street, his arms covered in concrete, he realises as he looks at them. The hispanic man looks up in fear at the hulking cop!

"Puta d'mierda!"

and turns around, intent on fleeing the newly erupted Nova!

Mexico - NY's but a short drive away...

Fire swims before the Doc's eyes, and he tenses up, angry beyond anything he's ever felt before. His knuckles whiten as his grip on the steering while tightens. Pain flares under his skin as his scars are stretched by contracting muscles. He can feel his teeth grinding against each other as words fail to emerge from his mouth, so great is his rage...

In his rage the doctor fails to notice the dark spiralling mass forming in front of the van and drives right through it...

The darkness fades and sunlight beams straight into his eyes? He loses control of his RV! NO! Is that a couple?!

Bam!

more later, I'm tired...

Hollywood B-Fest!

After about a quarter of an hour Holly (for that is her name) steps out and looks at Schenk.

"Heya! I'm Holly by the way.."

"I know, I read your name tag inside ::wink Old habit. "

"Hey Mark, look who I found at the restaurant? Mark, meet Christian Schenk, Christian meet Mark." 

Christian smiles and says: "I hear I was able to entertain you with my last movie. I am pleased to meet you."

Turning toward both of them, he motions with his hand, "Come on. I do not want to miss the movie that 'Bugman BnG' beat out for last place ::smiley1 " He let's loose with a friendly chuckle and they walk toward the movie (still trying to shake off his hangover) ::cool

MIT, Conference Center:

John barely glances at Frank.

"Good one Frank..now shut up, I'm listening. If you're so smart why don't you take a mic and show them?"

Shocked, Frank just sits there with his mouth open for a second or three. Really annoyed now, he pokes John with a finger. "Maybe I will." Whipping out his own notebook, he scribbles down the current information being displayed, then, without bothering to look up at the projection again, plots out his own series of conclusions for the next four slides. Done, he tears off the paper and thrusts it at John. "Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm not going to look." He glares at his fellow student, obviously offended.

::shocked

"I'm in shock.. this can't be happening. Wilson? Wilson!" ::nervous

Squeezing her eyes shut she uses her left arm to search for her cell phone hoping to call emergency services.

Feeling the warmth in her leg, she once again stares at the little creature. "Please, what are you? How are you... YOU came out of ME!"

Shaking her head, she looks at the RV. Unsure whether the person lives, she starts yelling, "I'm Dr. Lynn Walker. Please yell if you can hear me! Are you injured?" ::confused

NYC - You can run...

The headache hit like a sledgehammer! Joe collapsed to the ground holding his head.

Light! Joe sees a man's feet running towards him, his eyes being on ground level. The man halts as Joe rises out of the street, his arms covered in concrete, he realizes as he looks at them. The Hispanic man looks up in fear at the hulking cop!

"Puta d'mierda!"

and turns around, intent on fleeing the newly erupted Nova!

In other circumstances Joe might wonder if he were having a stroke, or if someone had slipped him some drugs, or maybe even if he were erupting, but in the middle of a pursuit, you pursue.

Joe gives chase intending on grabbing him and wrestling him to the ground.

He thinks *He’s a runt. Much smaller than I expected.*

Bettie chuckles

"Only one more semester before Charlie finally finishes highschool and runs off to college. Wants to be an architect. At least I think that's what she wants this week...John's still doing acting at the Actors Studio on that scholarship you helped him get. When're you coming over for dinner by the way?"

"I'm glad it worked out for 'em. John's a good kid, he didn't need much help, just a little motivation... You don't need an old homeless guy like me coming over to your house, besides, I haven't a thing to wear..."

Brenda smiles

"Hello Steven! Michael's doing fine, thank you...invested in some japanese firm employing Novas, if you can imagine that.  Would you and your friend like some coffee?"

"Coffee's always good, thanks Brenda"

Steven grabs the two styrofoam cups, walks over to the table set up for his lesson and sets them down. He opens a cardboard box and starts handing out forms to anyone and everyone willing to listen.

Rob, under Steven's guidance, starts teaching...

While Rob is going over the form, Steven mingles among the crowd, checking over their forms and helping out when he sees the need. After the lesson and when everyone's form seems to be filled out correctly, "Well, since we're all here, does anyone else have any other questions, or need any other help from us?"

Bam!

The doctor doesn't even have time to think, the impact propels him through the windshield as he hears a tremendous crunching noise. He closes his eyes for but a moment...

As he opens them he sees he's lying on the floor of an apartment lobby, apparently unharmed! The lobby guard ignores the doctor completely and runs out of the front door to see what's going on...

LA Movie "Star"

Christian smiles and says: "I hear I was able to entertain you with my last movie. I am pleased to meet you."

Turning toward both of them, he motions with his hand, "Come on. I do not want to miss the movie that 'Bugman BnG' beat out for last place  " He let's loose with a friendly chuckle and they walk toward the movie (still trying to shake off his hangover) 

No hangover yet...gotta wait 'til morning for that...

Some snidy remarks at the movie, some groping (none involving Schenk unfortunately) and some exchanged pleasantries later, Schenk is on his way home to dream about Hucklesuck...

Unless you've got something special planned we'll probably jump to filming...

The car crash..

"I'm in shock.. this can't be happening. Wilson? Wilson!"

Wilson coughs

"I...I'll be alright Lynn..."

He squeezes her hand affectionately...

Squeezing her eyes shut she uses her left arm to search for her cell phone hoping to call emergency services.

Judging from the wires sticking out of its broken plastic case, Lynn thinks it probably doesn't work...and it doesn't.

Feeling the warmth in her leg, she once again stares at the little creature. "Please, what are you? How are you... YOU came out of ME!"

"One question at a time mistress, if you please. This isn't as easy as it looks... ::sarcasm "

The creature retracts its tendril and Lynn sees her wounds actually closing on their own!

"Ahh, the insertion was successful, they should be finished soon. You were saying?"

"Auuugggh!"

Lynn looks up at Wilson as he's looking aghast at her arm and throws it away from him! The arm starts crawling back towards him and he notices the limbed lump of flesh standing next to him

"AUUUGGGH! AUUUUUUUGH!"

"Oh dear...ungrateful isn't he?"

"Holy Mother of God...."

The guard from the nearby apartment building takes in the scene and stares at the crawling arm, Wilson screaming in terror and the small creature in the street. He drops his radio to the ground and picks it up again, screaming

"...and send in reinforcments! Aliens! Zombies! Novas attacking us! Call T2M! Send in Pax! Send the whole Fvcking team! Just do it now!"

NYC - You can run...

Joe gives chase intending on grabbing him and wrestling him to the ground.

He thinks *He’s a runt. Much smaller than I expected.*

As Sanchez runs back up the alley Joe gives chase. The noise from his footsteps surprise him and he looks down at himself...his whole body was concrete and stone slabs! (Think "Thing" from Fantastic 4) Looking up he sees that Sanchez has almost reached the end of the alley...but he quickly turns back towards Joe! Behind him hundreds of cockroaches were giving chase, pouring out of the sewers! Caught between Joe and the cockroaches he drops to his knees and starts pleading.

"Please...please don't hurt me! Please!"

He sobs...the cockroaches simply stop and flutter their wings menacingly with a low flutter-clicking sound...

NY - The shelter

"I'm glad it worked out for 'em. John's a good kid, he didn't need much help, just a little motivation... You don't need an old homeless guy like me coming over to your house, besides, I haven't a thing to wear..."

Bettie laughs

"That's never a problem with us Steven, you know that. You're always welcome, professor."

While Rob is going over the form, Steven mingles among the crowd, checking over their forms and helping out when he sees the need. After the lesson and when everyone's form seems to be filled out correctly, "Well, since we're all here, does anyone else have any other questions, or need any other help from us?"

The students simply thank Rob and Steven profusely. Rob stetches

"Well, I think I'll be looking into one of them beds now...I'm tired..."

so am I...

NYC - You can run...

*He’s a runt. Much smaller than I expected.*

As Sanchez runs back up the alley Joe gives chase. The noise from his footsteps surprise him and he looks down at himself...his whole body was concrete and stone slabs! (Think "Thing" from Fantastic 4)

Joe thinks, *Or I've grown???*

Normally Joe is quicker at thinking on his feet, but training didn't cover this. Still, Sanchez is running so he should be stopped!.

Looking up he sees that Sanchez has almost reached the end of the alley...but he quickly turns back towards Joe! Behind him hundreds of cockroaches were giving chase, pouring out of the sewers! Caught between Joe and the cockroaches he drops to his knees and starts pleading.

"Please...please don't hurt me! Please!"

He sobs...the cockroaches simply stop and flutter their wings menacingly with a low flutter-clicking sound...

On some level Joe thinks, *I am the city* and all this makes sense... but first things first.

Joe reaches for his cuffs and approaches Sanchez saying,

"Don't move. You are under arrest."

{If Sanchez stays still}

Joe levers the unresisting Sanchez onto his back and calls for assistance. Then he orders that other part of the city, that part of himself, to return to the sewers.

{If Sanchez resists}

Joe tries to grab him and do the above.

Bam!

The doctor doesn't even have time to think, the impact propels him through the windshield as he hears a tremendous crunching noise. He closes his eyes for but a moment...

As he opens them he sees he's lying on the floor of an apartment lobby, apparently unharmed! The lobby guard ignores the doctor completely and runs out of the front door to see what's going on...

*What the hell--Wait, where the hell--How--This isn't getting me anywhere*

Standing up and blinking in the daylight, the Doc looks around, taking in his new surroundings, and trying to ascertain what exactly just happened.

Schenk is on his way home to dream about Hucklesuck...

The next day, Christian contact's a property management company to look after the grounds, the security company, any neighbors that he trusts, and puts a hold on the paper and the mail.

He then buys a DVD of 'Bugman BnG' to watch several times on his portable DVD player, to force him to remember the character and the 'Quotable Lines'. (Academics- Reaserch) Also he books a flight and hotel.

On the appropriate day and time Schenk locks up the house, turns on the security and goes east with his packed suitcases and his DVD player w/DVD.

Unless you've got something special planned we'll probably jump to filming...

He arrives at the shoot, as ready as can be expected, considering ::sly

Archived