Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter Five Session 1: Return

Justin OOC

Saito quickly complied with Kai's request radioing the Satoshi commanders. There was a trail of dust in the distance, and quickly it resolved into Masane's Witchblade form.

She dashed up, looking almost like a monster and swept kai up into her arms. "Welcome home Master! I knew you wouldn't break your contract with me so easily."

Kai, helpless in the face of her brute strength smiles and nods, laughing. "That's right, though I thought I told you to call me "Kai", not "master"." She sets him down and smiles, returning to her normal form.

"Sorry Kai, old habits die hard.

She surveys the others noting growler's absence and Ryoko's presence. Ibis's stasis pod gets a long glance as do the cargo pods. "It's good to see you all back,I see things didn't go perfectly but that you found what you sought. Please Tell me about it when you can."

As she finishes speaking Akina and Eiji arrive, followed quickly by a Satoshi dropship with Raisho and Geoff.

The two Captains nod to each other. "Welcome home all of you." I'm sure we have alot to talk about."

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The battleamoured figure who arrives with Captain Akina, nods to Captain Raisho then takes his helmet off to reveal a young (early 20's) caucasian man, with black hair and grey eyes.

"Welcome back to you all. I'm Lt Eiji Tanaka, I've recently been transferred to CRT-3 and assigned as a bodyguard for you Princess Lily. If it is any consolation, I was apparently recommended for the position by Miss Amaha here, and was tested by Captain Akina for it by having to take out two tier 4 Invaders in less than 10 sec while unarmoured and armed only with my sword."

Bowing to Lily he finishes with offering her his still bound sword, "I offer you my sword, my skills and my magic, to protect your life and execute your will."

Saito is in the back and speaks with Georgi briefly. "Coach, I think that it would be best if you moved as quickly as possible and get these flowers to Miss Amaya. As I understand it, time is of great importance."

Saito stands at parade rest directly to Lily's left waiting to greet the new member of his team.

Lily gives Eiji a curious look with one eyebrow slightly raised, then shrugs and smiles.

"Hello, Lieutenant. Good to have you on board. You probably know who everyone is, except this is my cousin Ryoko."

She steps aside and gestures at the blue-haired woman behind her. Ryoko is older than Lily, but there's a definite family resemblence other than hair and eye color.

"So tell us about yourself, Eiji," the princess prompts. "Not about killing invaders, but about who you are and why you're here."

Eiji nods to Ryoko as he replaces his katana across his back and moves his battleamours assault rifle to the rear on it's patrol rigged sling before taking up a parade rest position.

"Very well, your Highness. I'm the second generation of my family to be born here on Prime, having originally come from Ikaris. We have all been members of SHI, who took in my grandparens after they became stranded here. I decided at a young age that I wished to actively defend this our adopted home, rather than the more passive help that my father's accountancy provided. To that end I trained hard and was intending to join the battlearmour troopes of the CRT, which as you see i eventually did. However, before then my training in a variety of martial arts and combat forms together with a developing magical talent came to the attention of some of the former Kage who had joined SHI. They tested me in a variety fo ways and found I had some potential and trained me in there ways and the ways of their magic for several years before I was sent to attain the additional training of the more common troopers."

"I have carried out a variety of misssions for SHI of the years, most recently I was a member of CRT-5 when we spent a week defending the Jindai school from the demon horde. It must have been at that battle that Miss Amaha noticed my efforts, as apparently she suggested I be transferred by Captain Akina into her CRT-3. This occurred this afternoon following Captain Akina's testing of me and my promotion to Lieutenant."

"As to why I'm here, my orders on joining CRT-3 were to defend you, your Highness, guard the skeleton key Kai Morisato, and assist you and your companions in your endevours. In short your Highness," he ends with a grin, "my orders are to go with you all and do all I can to keep all of you and myself safe." smile

He then falls silent, still in his parade rest, gaze (apparently) two inches over the Princess' left shoulder.

Georgi barely noticed the others. The moment Saito mentioned Amane's name and the precious cargo that would cure her, he went into action. He grabbed one of the cases of flowers and raced off to the infirmary at full speed. He hoped he was not too late, their quest had already been delayed by trickery and treachery.

Akina vanished from in front of the others and appeared about ten feet ahead of Georgi. "Do you even know how to use the flowers Georgi?" As he ran by she kept pace with him, pressing a stud on her collar. "Eiji, Saito, Georgi and I are going on to the infirmary bring Ibis and the others when you are done."

Kai overhead the exhange and shook his head and smiled. "Well Coach knows what he wants and is just depending on the rest of us to make it so. I hope everything goes well, I'd like to meet this Amane, especially after meeting her mother."

He looks to Eiji. "You're the newest member of our little roving troupe of dimensional explorers and champions eh? We just came from Ikaris y'know."

He looks to Raisho. "I thought all the Kage were destroyed by the Federation's attack."

"Most were, Kai. Only those who joined with us are left. Sadly that number is quite small."

"Gather them up. I wish to speak with them soon. It is time to set that quarrel to right as well."

"I wish I could do that Kai, but many shipped out on the Macross an hour ago. You see we recieved intercepts that the 5th Circinus Fleet arrived at the nadir jump point of this system, while an Invader fleet arrived at the Zenith point. We launched all available forces with the Macross and Nadesico to deal with the Circinus fleet."

Raisho grew nervous, thhe next part was complicated.

"And Captain Hoshino took charge of the Circinus Fleet we won as Isorla and went to engage the Invader Fleet at the Zenith point."

"Isorla?"

"They challenged for the right to leave the system unmolested or to become our vassals. Captain Nagare answered the challenge. He sortied his Shin Getter Robo and fought against General Zonbolt's DaiGenguard. Captain Nagare won after a grueling battle that saw both of their finishing moves, and sadly General Zonbolt was slain. Ryoma is aboard the Macross still should he and Shin Getter be needed again."

"Yes, your Highness, and a good thing to. Might I suggest that we drop the canisters off where they are needed and proceed to the Archangel as soon as possible. It is likely that the Archangel's and our help will be needed by one or other of the fleets before the day is done."

Lily puts her fingers to her forehead, adjusting to this new situation.

"How long were we gone?" she asks. "The archmage said we'd come back the same moment we left, but it seems like a lot's happened! How many ships is in that fleet? Why did they want to leave?"

Raisho looks at Lily and Kai. "About twenty minutes by my analaysis. You have to understand, the Fleet duel likely occurred yesterday, but due to time lag in communications we barely found out about it before Ryoma jumped them to Lunar orbit. Shortly afterwards we recieved a notification of the two fleets defolding."

"The Circinus Second Fleet currently fields about ninety ships of the line. roughly nine thousand autonomous robotic drones complete the picture. From my understanding they were labled as contaminated by Circinus high command and required extermination to be sure. The Fifth Fleet is here likely to destroy them and us. They would have run if we let them but standing orders were took keep them in system, preferrably as a shield against another Invader horde. They realized we wouldn't let them leave and proposed the duel."

Kai speaks next. "This Fleet is the one that destroyed Tokyo and Eastern China?"

He'd lost everything in those attacks and a plethora of emotions washed across his face.

"Yes Kai, but Ryoma killed the man who ordered the bombardment. Is that not enough?"

Kai looks at him with a glaring intensity that actually startles Raisho. "I suppose it will do, Captain Ishiyama, as it isn't really my call to make." He stalks off after Akina and Georgi, clearly in a truly foul mood now. Masane wordlessly follows after Kai, falling into step with him about half a pace behind him.

"He fought a duel to the death with Captain Nagare of CRT-8. The stakes of this duel were that if Sanger won, the Satoshi Ships would allow the Circinus fleet to leave or relocate without harrassment so long as they stayed away from Earth and the moon. If Ryoma won, the Circinus Second Fleet would surrender and submit to Satoshi governance and mercy.

"I do not have the full details, but Ruri sent that she does have something for you, something she felt Sanger would want you to have. Beyond that Captain Nagare wishes to speak with you face to face concerning the matter."

The battle rages on. Finally one of the enemy aces appears. The Federation knew of them, after all some were once Federation soldiers.

Axel Almer had been a member of the now destroyed Circinus Seventh Fleet. He piloted the expirmental mecha "SoulGain" a robot on par with Daizengar and Shin Getter Robo. Soulgain specialized in close quarters combat, and was mighty enough to destroy capital ships. The Invaders simply overwhelmed the Seventh in the Colony of Mar Sara and turned him and the few other survivors.

He swooped down amongst the autonomous drones and cut a huge swath of destruction, heading straight for the Hagane. He was not alone. A general warning was issued over tac-net. "Warning Soulgain, Rapiecage, Personlichkeit, and three Bergelmir type enemy mecha detected on intercept with the fleet. All Piloted craft diengage and stop them now!" Admiral Daitetsu's voice was forceful, yet not panicked.

Irm shifted the Grungust into wing mode and blasted off for the ships, straight through four invaders. Axel had killed Kyosuke Nanbu a couple years ago, who was a friend of Irm's. The other five enemies were also extremely dangerous. Aurum Fifteen piloted the Rapiecage, a machine adept at ranged and melee combat with nearly impossible speed. The entity known as Alfimi piloted the Personlichkeit, a machine that defied horror and the laws of physics. Urzus Feff, and Thurziz piloted the three Bergelmirs, Each machine easily capable of destroying a dozen capital ships.

Klan, Latooni, and Pixie Squadron engaged the Rapicage, matching mobility for mobility, and even with the quadrono's maneuverability, Rapiecage claimed one of the Pixies.

Excellen in her Wiessreitter, Arado in his Wildwurger, and Seola in her WildFalken engaged Alfimy, with all thre holding her off, but taking heavy damage.

The R-Team combined into the SRX and engaged all three Bergelmirs along with Tasuku in his Giganscudo Duro. Mai and her R-Gun provided fire support from the Kurogane's bow.

Irm and the Grungust went head to head with Soulgain, and started losing ground fast.

All the Circinus mecha were running low on power and wer showing moderate to serious damage. The Machine cells of the Invader ACE mecha were healing them at prodigious rates. Axel shattered the grungust's arms with a Kirin attack sequench and blew past the now incapacitated Grungust. The Soulgain loomed over the drained R-gun and raised its huge fists to pound the smaller robot into the deck, but twin red and black discs slammed into its torso, followed by blasts from widebore laser cannons. Standing there on the lift was the Aussensieter, the legendary mech of General Elzam Braunstein. "No Further Axel. This madness ends."

"You're right, I have what I need."

Just then four warships began to explode like firecrackers, and Space, time and Gravity distorted. Apurplish black sphere appeared, and Granzon Emerged. Granzon was a Hivemind level Ace for the invaders, the one in control for this particular group it seemed. It's presence galvanized the Invaders who began pressing harder and harder, causing even Further damage to the fleet.

"Admiral ask Satoshi Command to send the Archangel and whatever else they can spare. We need it now!" Elzam's command boomed out. Daitetsu looked to Ruri who was immovable. then she looked at him. "I have sent the request. Using the Tronium charge I boosted pulse velocity beyond theoretical limits, it will arrive in less than a minute. Anticipate a response withn twenty minutes. I will need access to Lady CHAPEL if I am to buy us the time we need last that long. You will have to trust in me Admiral."

He looks at her and nods once.

She vanishes and within moments all the fire of the autonomous drones and ships becomes identical, pinpoint and focused on specific targets, mainly to buy breathing room for the Circinus Aces, doing what field repairs they could, and reenergizing could be done.. There were a dozen sharp cracks on the com and then the Shirogane's signal was lost. amidst the cloud of dogfighting mecha and invaders and warships, One of the three last Space Noah Class warships was captured and being infested by the Invaders.

-------------------------------------

On Earth, Kai, Georgi and Masane call for a shuttle to the Archagnel and are picked up. The flower is administered to Amane, but the results are said to take some time.

On the ground, Raisho and Akina recieve Ruri's distress call. At the same time, Captain Hunter requests permission to use the Macross Cannon and PT Cannon against the numerically superior Second Fleet.

Calls are made to make the Archangel ready for departure, and then the two captains look to Lily and the others. as the ride the dropship back to the ship. "We go to help the Second Fleet, and have authorized the use of both cannons. Kai and the others are already waiting on the Archangel. We're going to try something new and untested to get there fast enough to make a difference.. I want you all to be ready for combat aboard the ship. Those of you who can fight in space may be needed there. Those who cannot will be on standby to repel ny invaders who make in through the armor."

Raisho nods grimly. "Prepare yourselves. This will not be pleasant." He leaves the group and Akina nods to Eiji and Saito. Our team has defense duty inside and out. Saito, you are with me, our mission is to save allied lives. I want you and the Meteor out there as soon as we return to normal space along with me and my mecha.."

She looks at Valerie and Lily. "Keep safe you two, if you stay in the ship, don't fire your energy blasts."

The ship docks with the Archangel and the whole Ship begins to shimmer. From the camera feeds, they can see that it looks remarkably like Kai does when he uses his Dimensional powers. Akina runs off into the bay presumably to board her mecha.

-------------------------------------------------

The world goes white for a moment, and Georgi sees Kai, slumped over and bleading from his nose, unconscious again.

Around him there are wierd indescribable fluxes of energy. The ship just used Kai's Dimensional power to augment its own intrastellar drives and jumped to the Second Fleet. He knew he was ready, and his power aromor was warm and read 100% green. Countermeasures for Invaders registered active, and his forcefield was green. Then several dozen explosions rocked the ship and there was a sound as if metal was being peeled like an onion. The Invaders were getting into the ship. He knew what he had to do.

-------------------------

In the Bay The Pink, white and gold AngelG took to the catapult and sortied, Spreading its wings and drawing its energy bow, already striking down Invaders. Lily, Eiji,Geoff, and Valerie were there in the center of it all as the alarms blared and Mecha were launched in succession. Explosions rocked the ship, as did the recoil from the Valiant Railguns' firings. "This is Captain Ramius of the Archangel, all craft clear the line!" The right prow of the Archangel opened up and its Lohengrin cannon emerged. "Fire!!!!!" The blue-white stream of plasma arouund a red core blast of the ultra-bore positrong cannon vaporized over 100 Invaders, and cored through 4 Invader warship creatures. Four smaller Invaders charged in and suicided into the cannon, severely damaging it.

They all heard the sound metal being eepled away, and then Invaders began dropping from the bay's roof into the bay itself and attacking anything and everything.

((((OOC The party is all in one "place, just different groups. Saito, Noha, and Sven are the starting Space group.

Valerie, Geoff, Eiji, and Lily are in the mecha bay and need to roll initiative you have invaders to smite. You are ship Defense Group 1

Georgi, you are ship defense group 2. Currently you are in the Engineering sectiong about 8 decks below the medical wing. Kai is unconscious and likely needs medical attention and the Infirmiry also has Amane. The armor peeling sounds seemed to have come from one of the decks above you. Have fun.

Sven and and Noha, you can continue to smite smaller invaders or try to engage Any of the Enemy Aces. The SRX and Aussenseiter need the most help at the moment, though the Rapiecage can kill all of Pixie squadron which would be a big loss because it can utterly slaughter autonomus mecha, the same goes for the Personlichkeit..

Saito, you too can choose to smite minions or go toe to toe with an Enemy ACE. If any of you choose to go after ACE's, post your attack rolls and defense rolls (remember to include melee/ranged) if you defense value is not straight across the board.))))

This is madness. Invaders, and now this? We have to be the unluckiest Circinus in history. If this weren't so catastrophic it'd be laughable.

Brigit speaks up, "Noha, what now?"

Noha sighs inwardly, but keeps his voice calm. "We keep our wits about us, and charge the hill."

Noha notices the General, and the Soulgain's brief exchange, and quickly makes his choice. They're simply too near the ship; it's too dangerous, and Mai has been helpful. Even if she is a bit too doe-eyed, Mai doesn't deserve to die so quickly, and so outmatched. Besides, the SRX needs its weapon.

Noha opens the com-link to contact Sven. "Seven, the General needs help. They're atop the ship. We have to end this quickly. Rally at the bow."

Before he even finishes the transmission the Atmos is already on its way, beam blades drawn, and WISP system ready. With its blades bared, and the WISP's band swirling around the Atmos, it streaks across space, a sixteen meter tall meteorite, pale, almost invisible against the blackness of space, save for its soft red glow.

Maybe I'll die today. Wouldn't that be something? I'll have to make sure I leave the Atmos salvageable. Someone could use it. And I'd hate to have Brigit die with me.

(((OOC: When I use italics, it's inside Noha's head. So unless you're using telepathy or something just ignore it. Also, I'm not actually engaging the enemy yet, since Noha is just making his way there, so I'm guessing I'll actually list attacks/defenses next post?)))

Eiji is briefly surprsed by the speed at which the Invaders made it inside the ship but quickly responds, replacing his helmet,activating the armours forcefield, checking the draw on his sword and bringing his rifle to bear on some of the closer Invaders.

(initial Initiative roll = (09:04:53) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,1.+13 = 15, Divine Relationship to reroll Initiative (09:23:23) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,6. +13 = 23)

Assuming, from Akina's comment, that Valerie and Lilly are going to engage in melee with the Invaders he chooses a couple of targets a few back from the nearest enemy and gives them a single shot each.

(((OOC Single shots until he knows/remembers whether or not it would be safe to use bursts inside the ship)))

As the energy bolts fall amongst there targets his voice comes over the battlearmours speaker system as he address the unknown man in their midst (((OOC Geoff hasn't been introduced by Raisho before he left))).

"Well sir, since you arrived with Captain Raisho and he has left yuo with us I assume that you will be on our side, at least for the moment. In which case I would suggest drawing any weapon you have with you and prepare to defend yourself as these things are not picky about their victims."

Attack #1, target 1 = (09:39:28) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,6. + 11 ACV + 3 Accuracy = 22

Attack #2, target 2 = (09:41:31) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,3. + 11 ACV + 3 Accuracy = 18

Assault Rifle does 101 damage per bolt.

Defence #1 = (09:42:26) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5. +11 DCV = 17

Defence #2 = (09:43:05) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,3. +11 DCV = 18

(((OOC Browser claimed Invisible Castle was down at the time so used Chatbot on Beta Chat, hope that's Ok? Luchien: I've normally used Bold for thoughts, but I'll switch to Itlaics to be consistent with you. smile )))

(((OOC Luchian that's fine make your next post and coordinate with Nihilist 7 if you want. Rorx your post is fine)))

Eiji's shots hammer down two of the smaller doglike invaders, dropping them. A second pair rushes him and barely misses hitting him with their claws.

I will not fail either of you! Georgi's thoughts were of Kai and Amane. Both of them were depending on him. He would not fail his oath...or his heart. But...he had to check and see which way they were coming.

He ran towards the lift and took it to the level above. His acute hearing and sense of smell searching for the breaching invaders. He pulled the assault rifle from its holster in his powered armor and turned the safety off. This time, like all the others, battle was to be the same: bloody, painful and exhilarating work. In some ways, he hoped the enemy hurt him. He had come to realize that pain made him stronger.

Time for the butcher's work. He smiled to himself as he ran towards the enemy position. He had to know if they were going after Kai.

Initiative: 25

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1850862/

(((OOC: Noha wouldn't wait, and I feel like blasting something so...)))

The Atmos swoops, full throttle towards the Hagane, and Soulgain. As soon as Noha is within range for the attack, he releases a series of bursts. Three scarlet beads flash across the depths of space, silently seeking their target. Keeping his focus, Noha swerves and dives. A red haze against the backdrop of nothingness and stars, the Atmos never closes on Soulgain, and never remains still, for fear another unit or an Invader might take the opportunity to strike.

Hurry up General. We need to finish this quickly. There's no point in prolonging this.

Rolls: 2d6=10, 2d6=9, 2d6=5

A#1: 10+17 = 27

A#2: 9+17 = 26

A#3: 5+17 = 22

Damage: 188 per hit (They're homing, so if a miss is by 3 or fewer, there's a re-roll.)

Rolls: 2d6=6, 2d6=7, 2d6=5

D#1: 6+11 = 17

D#2: 7+11 = 18

D#3: 5+11 = 16

(((OOC: Do I even need the defenses? WISP range is 10km, and that's before considering Noha's combat techniques. Soulgain uses arm blades, and so Noha should be more or less safe until Soulgain decides he is enough of an annoyance to close the distance. Of course, that's assuming nobody else joins the party. Just thinking "out loud".)))

It didn't take Long for Georgi to find the Invaders, they were spreading out and had in some cases began penetrating the levels above and below where he was. They were clearly searching for something, someone.

In the hangar over a dozen of the dog and tiger-sized invaders were in the bay, circling the four of them there, preparing to strike.

Soulgain didn't even flinch as the two attacks melted chunks of armor on its back. It dashed forward towards the Aussenseiter, which was blasting away with its beam cannons. The Soulgain batted asside the R-gun, the small mech forgotten now that something worthy had shown up. It lashed out with a mighty punch but Elzam dodged, and the ship's Capital-class Impact cannons knocked Soulgain from the deck.

At the sound of invaders, Lily turns to see the bizarre creatures starting to pour into the bay. Her lips pull back into something that could be a snarl or a grin.

"I've fought these before."

Pale blue light shines around her, forming a protective aura. A long, slightly curved streak of energy coalesces in her hand. She launches herself across the hangar at the oncoming mass, only to vanish just before getting into striking distance and reappearing behind a cluster unexpectedly. Then she went to work.

(Raising FF, Init 18, Atk 1 19, Atk 2 23, Def 1 16, Def 2 19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1852107/

(OOC question - Is Ratheros' "real" body on this ship, or one of the others?)

They are searching for Kai! The realization hit him that the young man was unguarded. And he was responsible.

Moving at a blinding speed, Georgi made his way back to the medical bay. He hoped the enemy had not reached Kai first. He flipped on his suit's countermeasures, so he could attack the enemy more effectively.

Countermeasures: 11

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1852262/

Valerie followed suit on the Battle Princess, for a moment her hands went to the SdZ, but the strenght of the energy blasts would be enough to break apart the hull on a full power shot.

Relinquishing the idea, Valerie barreled towards the enemy lines, trying her darnes to contain the wave she used the petite figure to her advantadge, using her natural speed and lite build, she bent her knees low within the confines of her Hakama, her feet slid across the floor into the barreling invader as just as Lily surprised the last of the row Valerie unleashed a jaw shattering smash uppercut into the point beast of the hoard, following the vicious attack Valerie engaged the Force Field generated by the SdZ, and mentally drew her engagement espace around herself.

--------

Initiative 16 [5,3,8] = (16)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1852184/

First Attack 22 [4,6,12] = (22)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1852611/

2 Melee Defense

[4,3,12] = (19)

[5,1,12] = (18)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1852614/

Lily's attack cleaves two of the dog invaders in two, even as two sets of blades skitter off her field.

Georgi hears an audible pop and then nothinging else is different as the suit's countermeasures engage. He knows time is short, and the sound of metal peeling and burrowing is getting louder. He can already hear the chitter and clicking of the invaders' speech, and the sound of their claws. One walked by at the end of the hallway, and didn't even notice him, even though it looked right at him. Clearly something was going on here.

Valerie smashed her fist squarely into the invader, but it did little more than cause it to rear up and lash out at her with clawed tendrils. It's attack missed, as did that of the one behind it.

After prepping himself for launch Saito listened to the radio chatter of his companions and determined there was no one going to help the Pixie Squadron and he would be needed there.

Saito ran to the catapault and summoned his machine around himself and kneeled down on the launcher.

"Saito Murazaki, Meteor Gundam....LAUNCHING".

As soon as the Meteor was clear of the launch tunnel Saito immediately switched his mecha to the much faster flight mode as he plotted a course to the ailing Pixie Squadron and their opponent. Once the course was laid in Saito decided that he would need all the power he could muster for this fight for he would be going in alone with very little backup therefore he began to chant.

"I challenge the laws of Nature and Reason,

I summon the power that is forbidden.

Socom Socom ra

Asp heluke unt,

Kotsf peo cois,

asp asp asp ran,

Accellerator, EXIST!."

The bird mode of the Meteor was aglow with otherworldly light as it's speed increased dramaticly and began to leave a series of after images in it's wake. An observer on one of the capital ships might think the mecha was not a Meteor but a Comet instead speeding off to do battle with the unknown.

Saito approached the battle weary Pixies and brought up their comm channel.

"Attention Pixie Squadron: You backup has arrived, keep those little bastards off of me and ill handle the big one."

With that the Meteor Gundam changed back to it's battle ready robot form, drew it's sword and began a mad dash for the Raipecage.

((Attack Roll: 32))

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1853960/

The Meteor went in brought his sword up with a rising cut and then drew it's Twin Buster Rifle and aimed it down in one of Saito's Signature moves.

"Commence Destruction"

The yellow energy of the Buster Rifle charged in the barrel for a few moments and then launched at the unfortunate enemy machine hoping to consume it in destruction.

((Attack Roll: 30

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1853972/))

The countermeasures must have been functioning because the creature never even saw him. Supposedly, the coutermeasures cloaked you to certain enemies and gave you defensive advantages. The coming battle would be the test.

Georgi stood in the engineering bay near Kai. When, not if, the enemy came in, they would see an unguarded 'Key' and move to take him. That would the time to strike. Once he did, the enemy would probably notice Georgi's presense and try to take him out. He kept telling himself that no matter what happens, the enemy must not get Kai. If he had to, he would kill Kai before the enemy could use his abilities. There was no telling what kind of damage they could do in possession of a Key.

Georgi searched the room for heavy objects he could use as weapons. He paid particular attention to those things that would take a beating and hold up to repeated uses, should he need to use them. As the sounds of ripping metal grew louder, he knew the demons were only moments from Kai and himself.

(OOC: edited to put Georgi and Kai in Engineering)

(Georgi, Kai is still in the engineering section unless you took him with you earlier. Amane however is in the infirmiry.

Saito I think you forgot the rest of your combat bonuses when you made your rolls.)))

Geoff draws a small holdout pistol and drills a pair of holes in the two primary eyes on one of the dog-sized demons, dropping it to the floor.

In space, Klan acknowledges Saito's remark, incredulously, and then is shocked into silence as The Meteor takes the field. Its first sword slash actually removing the Heavy autocannon from the Rapiecage's left arm. It begins to react, raising the O.O. launcher and fires in the same instant Saito does. The shots pass each other, flensing armor from the Meteor's right arm, and shoulder pauldron but otherwise doing nothing but minor damage.

The Meteor left afterimages as it moved, something no Circinus machine had ever been seen to do. The SRX and Giganscudo were starting to give ground against the three Bergelmirs, and Mai called to Noha. "Cover me, I'm gonna support the SRX." She be gan leaving and heading for them.

The Soulgain shifted and immediately began tracking after her, knowing that if she succeeded in mating the R-gun with the SRX things would go badly quickly.

Lichkeit was giving Latooni and her squad sheer hell, simply because it attacked and defended from every direction they attacked. It also was wiping out autonomous drones at a prodigious rate. The only benefit was that it killed alot of lesser Invaders in the process.

Eiji briefly pauses to cast a spell, and as fragments of the 5 classic ninja elements gather and swirl about him (Forcefield spell) he clicks the selector on his assault rifle and sprays the invaders closest to him.

Attack#1: activate forcefield spell

Attack#2: spray nearest enemy [3,3,11] = (17) [ACV 11 +3 Accuracy -3 spray]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1855606/

Defence#1: [2,3,11] = (16)

2d6+11=16

Defence#2: [3,5,11] = (19)

2d6+11=19

(OOC: lost first attempt at this post including the first roll, if you'd prefer to use that one Boss I can remember that it was a 14, then shift the others down. If this provides him any space/time between attackers then draw sword for close in work.)

Noha notices the Meteor enter the fray. Interesting. I'll have to find out how it does that.

In reply to Mai, Noha accelerates the Atmos to full velocity, heading directly for an intercept with Soulgain, and releases another volley of WISP bursts. The scarlet beads streak through the intervening space, appearing much like drops of red rain or freshly shed tears, before impacting and exploding into blossoms against the side of Soulgain.

(((OOC: All three are called shots, targeted against Soulgain's arms. Noha is hoping to hamper the Soulgain's melee ability enough to at least anger Axel, even if it won't be enough to even the playing field in combat. Noha does have Dead Eye. If only one arm is readily visible, then all three will be aimed at that particular arm. )))

2d6=7, 2d6=8, 2d6=5

A1: 7+17=24

A2: 8+17=25

A3: 5+17=22

At the other end of the hangar, a set of blast doors open. A man with Shoulder-length purple hair. He smiled as the Invaders moved about and searched. "Find me that Key and the Dalaraan coreship. Disposes of the genetrash infesting this ship."

As he finished barking orders he spied Ratheros, sitting on the floor surrounded by the others. "Ahhh there's the core computer." He looks at the people around it and frowned. Guess I have to take care of a few more vermine. His hand flowed and morphed to become a strange looking cannon. Black energy corruscated at the tip and began forming a black energy sphere.

The cannon discharged, the black shpere missing Geoff by a hair's breath, hitting one of the few remaining technicians, compressing him into a very bloody and gory implosion then explosion.

"Damn oh well." He holds out his other hand and 6 small figures take form. he tosses them into the air and by the time they hit the ground they're the form Lily remembered well. It was the same Invader she and Georgi had fought with Yua, only now there were six of them.

"Leave no survivors." He vanishes through the doorway into the interior of the ship.

The six new Invaders spread out, 2 each going after Eiji, and 2 after Lily, with Valerie and Geoff each drawing one.

Outside The WISP attacks succeed in finally drawing Soulgain's attention. All three hit, but it was the second one that really pissed off the blue and white mecha. The beam blade on its left arm went dark and Soulgain turned. "Annoying pest, you're barely ranked... What makes you think your pitiful excuse of a mecha can stand a chance against something like my Soulgain? Be Gone."

The Green jewel at the senter of Soulgain's forhead blazed brilliantly and a green energy beam lanced out at the Atmos.

((OOC defense roll please)))

Well, it worked. Here's hoping we can hold on.

In a very matter-of-fact tone, Noha announces,"Hold on Brigit. I have a feeling we're in trouble."

Brigit's voice softly responds, "Yes, I know."

The Atmos swerves wildly, the red haze surrounding it seemingly left behind momentarily, as its forward momentum sharply shifts into a steep arc.

(((OOC: Noha isn't stupid. If the General is thinking this dude is bad news, then Noha is not going to take chances with any sort of glowy, ominous attacks from Soulgain. I'm just going to bite the bullet and say Noha burns the EP for Alert. If that's not allowable in mech, then I'll go ahead and list his dodge. I'll also list his other defenses, for any subsequent attacks, since Alert only works against one. Also, he does have Weapons Encyclopedia, which I'm guessing would include something as monstrous as Soulgain. )))

2d6=4, 2d6=9, 2d6=6

D1:15

D2:20

D3:17

2d6=11

Mind Check (for WE): 11+7=18

(((OOC It's fine the spirit commands work anywhere, just be mindful of their limitations.)))

The Beam attack misses, as does a second one from the same location. The data he could recall told him that wasn't a standard move, but likely something Soulgain had "acquired" after being turned by the Invaders. It was sheer luck that Axel was a known melee ACE, not skilled with ranged attacks, if he were, he'd be much more deadly.

This would be a dangerous game. Noha was engaging an extremely powerful mecha alone, buying time for his comrades. The Aussenseiter was being refueled, the Grungust Rearmed and the R-Gun still had a ways to go before it could reach the SRX. He could easily get beyond Soulgain's reach, but that would free him to attack other targets.

(((OOC: Gotcha.)))

The Atmos sways, swiftly avoiding the beam attacks, and continues to stay at a distance. Not wanting to face Axel and the Soulgain in melee, Noha targets the head of Soulgain, hoping to eliminate the mech's ranged option, and force Axle to come to him. Breathing deeply, and focusing his attention on the battle at hand, Noha blocks out the surrounding chaos of the maelstrom. This is my one chance to make him fight on my terms. I can't fail.

Three flashes appear on the scarlet ring surrounding the Atmos. Each plume releases a WISP, which soars towards Soulgain.

General Zonbolt, they will not take the Hagane. They will not fell the fleet. These enemies or any others. Not until they've sent me to Hell to join you.

(((OOC: Activating Concentrate for this turn, and targeting the head mounted weapon. He does have Precise Aim. Dead Eye is something else, but I suppose it does help if Soulgain is just much faster than the Atmos, and he does have both.)))

2d6=8, 2d6=7, 2d6=10

+11+3+3+2=+19 bonus

A1: 27

A2: 26

A3: 29

2d6=5, 2d6=5, 2d6=10

+11+2=+13

D1: 18

D2: 18

D3: 23

(((OOC: 40 EP remaining.)))

The events that pass in the hangar go almost too fast to comment upon. Lily has time to realize that this strange being that just killed two people somehow knew Kai was on the ship, and knew about Ratheros...and for some reason wanted both of them dead!

She puts a hand to her communicator and contacts Georgi.

"Coach, this is Lily," she says in a rapid patter as the massive invaders come clomping forward. "Something big is heading for Kai, but these things are after Ratheros too. I'll come as soon as she's clear, but you -call me- if you need help with Kai!"

The Dalaraan princess then held her energy sword out in front of her at an angle. These invaders were tough...she knew that better than most. She'd almost died facing one.

"Round two," she growled. As she charged forward, sword held out, she started flickering in and out and seeming to strike from several directions almost at the same time!

(Attack 1: 24, Attack 2: 28, Defense 1: 23, Defense 2: 22, including the +5 for flash steps. Spending 15ep. 108 damage each strike, penetrates 12 armor)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1858290/

Once again, the pinpoint acuracy of the WISP system was trew and the crystal over Soulgain's head was cracked, silencing the beam cannon there. The roboyt seemed to surge forward, then stopped. "Another time vermin. It seems I have to tend to our prize." The Soulgain vanished from the screen, reappearing where the Shirogane had been lost and entering the warship. There was a blinding flash and then a warpgate opened, into which the Shirogane began to move.

Elzam's voice came over the comm. "Good work Noha, you got him to retreat, or at least put him in a situation where Shu made him. Support Lattooni now, the Lichkeit is giving them hell. I'll join you in a few moments.

He could see that Mai had made it and the R-gun was already changing forms. "Looks like it's time for the Big boy to use his toy..." Irm joked as the Grungust returned to the field, streaking out towards where the Giganscudo was buying the SRX time.

---------

In the ship Lilys attacks burned huge scars across the chest, manabging to sever the impaler arm on that particular creature. It lashed out at her with the blade on it's remaining arm and it's tri-tail, but sliced only air and impaled the deck plate. It was hurt, but far from dead. The second one Pistoned back the impaler in its arm and lashed out with the blade arm, catching Lily across the back.

(attack does 70 damage)

In engineering Georgi watches as several Tiger-sized invaders start closing in on Kai, then three long spinelike blades lash out from the end of the hallway bisecting them all at once. Masane Amaha steps from the corridor, looking more demonic than anything else. a massive blade extends from her right arm and her eyes are yellow irises surrounded by black. She's covered in gore, in the same revealing chintinous armored form she'd used at the school. She was a beatiful woman, but seeing her like this there was no doubt that she was an even more powerful warrior.

"How's Kai?"

Archived