[OpNet] New.

Tarot

Hi. My names Tarot.

(Hi Tarot)

I'm a nova.

(Nova)

I'm the latest object of fascination in the heart and minds of everyone. Erupted two weeks ago. LA's been home for a while. Thinking of the places I can go now that the world loves me. Looks like I got life by the short and curlies.

(Yay...)

So how you all doing?

Oh yeah, I use to be what's known as an aspiring artist. That means starving and my shit wasn't selling. Now that's all changed. One gallery even tried to pimped out their secretary to get my attention. Pretty twisted.

Cute girl though.

Some very cool shit. laugh

Sure. The check always clears with novas. wink

Either the piece or the conversation has to be interesting but that's pretty much a given with novas. I did a cameo for one in Spain last week and I might do a mural in Ibiza. If they can stop screwing around making "suggestions" and just let me concept the piece.

Did you have something in mind?

Portait. I have to admit that I've become rather fond of myself, plus the last one I had done was shortly before I left Utopia.

The mood swings are a bitch, but I can't say I'm not happy to be finally acting like I'm a woman, not a glorified book.

Trust me, sweetheart. Developing a node is the best thing that'll ever happen to you. Be nice to the baselines, but don't let 'em cramp your style, okay?

Preston;

Henri Matisse, Alex Ross and Leonardo da Vinci.

Regan 'Saimhe' McLachlan;

I'm interested.

South central LA is where my studio is. Its private. Let me know when you're ready and I'll pass the word around to clear the place.

Very cool. laugh

The name "Tarot" tested very positively for consumer groups ages 16-35... Nah, just kidding. :P

When I was sitting in the emergency room I read this article about some rabbis trying to figure out which novas correspond to which angels in kabbalistic lore. That got me thinking about doing a tarot deck so I snagged a pencil and started sketching it out. Which scared the schnizzits out of the nurses. Me and a pencil. Anyway, during the ride it hit me that carrying a deck of images instead of just my sketch book might be pretty useful, so...

Tarot.

Well hey hey Tarot ol buddy ol pal. Diggin' life as one of The Few, The Proud, The Fucking Walkin, Talkin, Always Rockin Gods of New Earth?

Fuckin A.

So, business business business, it's all about the duckets and I gots buckets. After you're done slapping down the pretty colors for Sweet Mama Featherduster, how about you putting that quantum fueled wonder shit to work for me and the Princess? She'd be diggin' a family portrait. You up for it stud?

Yeah, "Preston" is my dad. Everybody calls him by his last name. Neither one of us are into the "name game".

He's a hometown-staying, law-and-order, tote-the-line, 24 hour-a-day workaholic.

I'm a world-traveling, backpacking-carrying, beatnik free-thinker.

To erupt, my dad chased a nova criminal into a warehouse that then blew up. Too bad he didn't develop fire-resistance or regeneration as QE. (something I still tease him about)

I went to the funeral of an Elite that I had never met and the outpouring of quantum by the mass of attending novas brought about my rather peaceful eruption.

We aren't that much alike, but I like to think we are both decent people were it counts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarot:
Do you always describe you and your family like you were writing a 'date wanted' ad?
:P
OH NO! You did not just say that! shocked

I don't sound that bad, do I?
Well, I have been working awful hard recently. Maybe I do need a good unwind somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarot:
He seems like an alright guy.
Yeah, he comes off pretty harsh, but he really does give a damn. Better, he requires other cops to give a damn as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Preston:
Well, I have been working awful hard recently. Maybe I do need a good unwind somewhere.
Don't change your life on my account, Doc. It just struck me as a funny way to describe you and your Dad.

Yeah, your old man really does seem okay.

Hello Tarot. How's Life in LA treating you? The locals treating you well? If yer looking to do some charity work on the Southside head to city hall. I was told there's gonna be a major restoration effort about to start up. It's all done for Free, but it's a pie that Utopia doesn't have its fingers in. I figure since my crew and I were part of the rumbel we should help out so I'm askin all that can to give em a hand. I always clean up my messes, just this one got out of hand. If the Michealites hate us so much why do they use weapons designed by us?

"Ryu, are we gonna die?" "Probably."

Got to play to your strengths. I've seen Artifax' stuff. Not bad if you like the draftsman with a lot of time utilitarian approach. Prodigy is flexible plus he's done some really outstanding work especially with light and shading. I can still pick out the ones he was just punching the clock on.

Leonardo was good. They're fantastic. I'm better.

Good to meet you.

Hi there, Tarot! smile Glad you found us!

Lately it seems I've got a lot more money than I could hope to ever use. As it is, I get rid of a lot of it by just giving it away (I'm not one who usually believes in throwing money at problems, but charities need to keep running), but even after setting my family up for life, I've got a little bit of walking around money.

Would you be at all interested in doing a sculpture? wink

Hiya Stephanie.

I've had a little practice doing a sculture of you already. Originally it was a drawing of you, DreamState and Sin. My version of the three muses. The drawing wasn't all that because I hadn't erupted yet but when I did my sketch book sort of took on a life of its own.

The drawings got real. shocked

I don't want to put Saimhe and Lemmy off, but since I've sort of done this already I wouldn't mind trying it again deliberately. Can you get to Ibiza? We'll knock it before you head out to Gudalajara. The money isn't that big a thing since this is something unfinished and hanging out there. Also, if you're still looking around you might want to see about throwing some coin at independent music and film. People got to eat but everyone needs a little something for the soul.

Prodigy, when I look at a blank surface with a pencil in my hand I know exactly how G_d felt looking at the void. Just before he said "Let there be light".

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
Wonderful. Not only is he a nova, but he's an art fag nova.
Machina good-buddy.

I'm jealous... i though you saved your acid tinged insults for the likes of me. and now you're insulting others again..

Way to go, Forge.

if you don't catch the reference...maybe you should read some Pre- N-day "literature" Uncanny X-men.

So tarot, you're into art. You'll have to forgive my ignorance of your exploits, but i've recently been on a trip to "discover myself."

actually i got bored. and wanted to sit some where no one would think to look.

I wouldn't really call them exploits yet. Except for the night Valkyry snatched me up and dared me to paint a nude of her that wouldn't make her want to smash my skull. Very nice girl to have breakfast with. Lots of funny stories when you get past the gruff exterior.

Just living the dream. laugh

Archived