Serenity

knave

I've seen it twice now, going again later next week. Each time I've watched this I was with friends that haven't seen the show and one wasn't even into sci-fi they all enjoyed it and kept up.

A suggestion for those with the show to get others into it is to show them the episode "Out of Gas" the one where serenity is crippled. imo this episode would have servede as a better pilot that the actual one even though it doesn't explain anything about the show it shows the characters for what they are and how they actually give a damn about each other.

Though I haven't shown the previous groups that episode, those I'm going to see serenity with again are going to see that episode, if it doesn't work like I planned then they'll be forced ::devil to watch the pilot and "Our Mrs. Reynolds" (the funniest episode imo).

"he makes everybody cry, he's like a monster!" ahhh classic.

I loved the show and loved the movie, even though the tone was somewhat darker; Fox had asked Whedon to lighten the series up a bit, and it seems he went back to his original vision for the film.

I've read lots of reviews online, and if anything non-fans seem to enjoy the movie more than the longtime fans. The exposition is handled very well, and I think most viewers who pay attention at the begining of the film (when folks tend to be getting their popcorn and drinks all squared away) should be fine.

BTW, the tie-in Serenity RPG looks cool - I'm gonna pick it up, if only for the awesome deckplans of the ship. ::smile

I loved the show and loved the movie, even though the tone was somewhat darker; Fox had asked Whedon to lighten the series up a bit, and it seems he went back to his original vision for the film.

I've read lots of reviews online, and if anything non-fans seem to enjoy the movie more than the longtime fans. The exposition is handled very well, and I think most viewers who pay attention at the begining of the film (when folks tend to be getting their popcorn and drinks all squared away) should be fine.

BTW, the tie-in Serenity RPG looks cool - I'm gonna pick it up, if only for the awesome deckplans of the ship.  ::smile

Yeah - my copy just shipped from Amazon US. ::ultracool

• 7 months later...

Oh yes, it was such a great show ! And it could have been so much greater if J. W. could have a few seasons to develop it some more... What a pity. Fortunatly, we get the movie. It's nice to see all those wonderful characters again. It's also good to see J. W. directing a real movie (since the Buffy movie thing ::rolleyes) and he handles it pretty well.

Ps: forgive my english, I'm a french Adventure/Aberrant story teller.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand what you say !!!

Even if J.W. explains why he did it in the commentary (he wanted to let us believe anything could happen and any character could dye), I can't prevent myself of thinking he closes a door to another movie...

And I do want some more Firefly stuff !!!

• 3 months later...

I was told it was confusing to those not familiar with the series so I haven't seen it yet. Plus I'm not really a Whedon fan.

When I first saw it, I hadn't seen anything of Firefly, and I loved it. Made me want to watch the series (and boy was it worth it). I was never a Buffy or Angel fan either, so it's not like I was a koolaid drinking Whedon fanboy beforehand.

Archived